Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Anonymous

Two Kuchikis and a Stick or Two Empty Two Kuchikis and a Stick or Two

Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:21 pm

The Silent Kuchiki

Takehiko Kuchiki

Takehiko had regained his voice after a rather traumatic slapping by the head servant girl. But that raised an important problem he had at the moment. He was specialized in kido and hoho thus far. Though calling him anything more then a greenhorn wasn't proper. Glancing at his sword his eyes stared for a moment. Unsure how to begin sword training in any sense of the regard. Dummy smacking wasn't helping and his body hadn't grown much. Kido had become easier and so had stepping in any regard really. But the issue remained he wasn't formidable with close range combat. He often backed down allowing far superior warriors to take the front. As a Kuchiki, it was disgraceful in any sense of the word. He had no strengthed physical condition or skill with weapons. His durability hadn't improved despite a throat being partly ripped apart. He failed that due to power but he also realized limitations wise. He didn't have impressive or even remarkable skills really. Takehiko needed to train something along the lines of swordplay. Though he doubted he would ever come close to mastery.

But the current level of which he found himself wasn't good. His shoulders tightened a bit as he pulled his sword out. He still didn't know the name of his sword as he couldn't hear it yet. So much remained lost to him in this sense. He hadn't found a way to communicate yet and his physical skills were lacking. Kido was very comfortable for him almost happy. He also enjoyed Hoho but Zanjutsu and Hakuda were weak points. When it came to melee combat he was exceptionally pathetic. He lacked muscle or potent skills to make progress with. Takehiko frowned a bit looking at his sword now before sheathing it. This entire thing was so distant for him really. He'd swung swords till his hands felt like blisters were forming on blisters. He could strike a match on his hand if desired too. But mindlessly swinging his sword wasn't getting him anywhere. He'd not fought but a couple fights so far. Mostly against Demon and hollows that came from the war. They'd remained in the Rukongai area and missions as a soldier did require such.

But what about him in terms of progressing towards his goal. He wanted to heal people and save lives. But what about his patients when he started medical care for them. He doubted highly that people would stand aside and let them go. Hollows didn't show such mercy from his experience with them. Nor did demons so he needed to be able to protect them. His skills at present were pathetic and deserved every single insult imaginable. He'd thought about asking for kendo lessons. To improve his skills at the very least in terms of a sport. But again he just didn't know where to start with that. Kido had felt more comfortable than a sword in his hand. But his uncle's both of them were an excellent swordsman. So he merely had to try and apply himself better to it. So inhaling practicing his first kata he learned from Ulv. He tried to find something within the patterns and motions. Something he could translate into this art form that eluded him thus far.

If not for his weakness in this sense perhaps he could have experienced a true growth of power. Reiatsu growth was coming to him, slowly and steadily at any course of it. He didn't say anything yet out of habit mostly protecting his vocal cords. Takehiko had sort of grown used to being a very quiet person. Though he'd speak when needed with a deep and gravelly voice. From his understanding, it was from his injury. So his voice had a nature rasp to it now, but that was fine he guessed. Thinking about the move that hit him in the neck when he attacked. Couldn't even pretend to follow it's movement. Though he could say astutely it's angle based on damages to his throat.
CPKallday
CPKallday
The KFC of PH
The KFC of PH
OTM

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Two Kuchikis and a Stick or Two Left_bar_bleue25/100Two Kuchikis and a Stick or Two Empty_bar_bleue  (25/100)
Tiers:

Two Kuchikis and a Stick or Two Empty Re: Two Kuchikis and a Stick or Two

Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:22 pm

Two Kuchikis and a Stick or Two R5GAiQY

ポ ス ト を 開 始

The gentle white noise of water clashing against its former from various heights kept the mind on the straight and narrow, clear and void of any distraction. The miniscule waterway that flowed about the Kuchiki Estate, various bends and falls in its path gave a soothing vibe to the corridors. It was this that Torabevu looked forward to when he returned home. It had been sometime since the last time he sat upon the warm stones and felt the high of absolute solitude and nothingness. Yet, he'd only take the time that was absolutely required before he would visit his Zanpakuto spirit, Nakigitsune. As he cherished his time alone just as much as he cherished his time with his partner in battle. The two had a great connection, and Torabevu spoke with him as much as possible. All in order to have a standing chance against the supers of the universe, yet he saw it to be more than that. His spirit and himself had grown quiant with one another once more after more than a millennia and it was nostalgic to sit around and speak with one another once more.

Time would dwindle on into the morning, the blue skies of the Soul Society breaching the darkness that once existed. As the wild colors that painted the sky beautiful dissipated he would open his eyes in disappointment, "Ah, missed it again." Pressing his palms on his knees to support his body erect once more. "Well, suppose I've made a habit of it by now, nothing to be too down about." He continued, removing the disappointment from his mind, hopeful for what the day would bring him now. Raising his arms till his muscles felt tense, his back curling and his eyes winced, he bellowed out a yawn. "Wonderful." He stated with exuberance before he went on about his day.

Walking past nearby corridors you could see a variety of different morning activities going on. It seemed to be the time of the day that the Kuchiki Manor was really bouncing and full of life. This would seem to be full in truth until he would arrive at a corridor where a young lad stood staring upon his Zanpakuto with a look he was all too familiar with. Recalling his time in the Academy there were many that had never taken up a sword before, outside of child's play. The grimace the boy held was not something that he should bestow upon his Zanpakuto. With soft and subtle steps he approached the lad. "Ah, Takehiko. You seem troubled. You've let the day you defeat you already, I see? Perhaps you seek some guidance?" His words were riddled with glee and wisdom, he hummed placing his hand upon his chin. Bringing his face down to the Zanpakuto on his side. "Don't worry, he didn't mean to look at you like that. He's yet to know how grateful he is to have you by his side. I'm sure he will apologize." A smirk raised his cheeks as he spoke to the sword like it was an old friend.

Standing tall once more, he placed his hand upon his Zanpakuto and spoke. "Now then, go on." He wafted his hand toward the Zanpakuto, issuing the boy and order to make amends with the metal object.

エンドポスト

Two Kuchikis and a Stick or Two TpwRWnG

Base Code by: THEFROST
Graphics and Coding by: CPKallday

Two Kuchikis and a Stick or Two Sbb1I7e
Anonymous

Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:50 pm

The Silent Kuchiki

Takehiko Kuchiki

Takehiko's eyes blinked as he would finally share words with Torabevu Kuchiki. Previously due to a doctor's order, he wasn't permitted to speak as of yet. Running digits along the throat tracing the scar. When the elder Kuchiki finally spoke to him he pointed out his disappointment. "It's not that." He said softly looking upward at the sky his eyes closing and softening. His voice wasn't completely powerful yet. But he'd gotten a bit more rough one now and deeper. Which honestly had gotten him some puzzled looks. He'd grow into they said was always a nice little chipper thing. "When I decided to become a healer for the Gotei. A couple of things emerged as problematic. Firstly, physically I am too weak to make the most of my zanpakuto. " He said clenching his jaw a bit more as he hated admitting how weak he was. Takehiko had a pretty good wake up call to that information on his throat. He ran his fingers softly along with the sword, one which likely understood him at this point.

"Sorry friend, sometimes I wish I could hear your voice for some guidance." He said softly before bringing his hands to both sides of his cheeks. Trying to get himself going smacked both sides. His sword's name still eluded him like a gentle breeze on the wind. No matter how he reached out to grab it. It would simply vanish before the afternoon time air. Simply fading away like a fond memory. He wasn't angry with his sword but himself in truth. Finding his lack of skill at such things troubling. Hakuda and Zanjutsu weren't strong subjects for the young man. He'd trained at the academy and gotten lower grades. Before going on his journey he'd likely of made little or no progress. "It's dawned on me those we consider enemies won't always let the wounded be taken care of. As a healer, I think it's my job to ensure their safety...Yet in terms of melee based combat. I am far below average for my group. " Obvious to some but he was a kid learning the ropes still.

He'd been reading journals and medical practices in his free time. Studying very devotedly on healing and how to save lives. He believed firmly in stopping the flow of blood, not increasing its flow. That was the duty he wished to take up as a mantle. Even if it meant giving up the idea of glory in combat or other such things. These weren't needed for him to feel at peace he believed. His parents had been killed and now all he had left was Byakuya and the Kuchiki family. The Unabara was a dead memory at this moment. He didn't have the power nor the understanding to do anything there. So rather than overwhelm himself he wanted desperately to be a healer. "I need to learn how to wield my partner better. I acknowledge that, deeply without pause." He said touching his chest considering his options. He didn't know what the correct
CPKallday
CPKallday
The KFC of PH
The KFC of PH
OTM

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Two Kuchikis and a Stick or Two Left_bar_bleue25/100Two Kuchikis and a Stick or Two Empty_bar_bleue  (25/100)
Tiers:

Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:37 pm

ポ ス ト を 開 始

The weight of purity dropped his head into his palm with an overload of nostalgia. A smile delighted his visage before he began to shake his head in disapproval of the thoughts going through his head. While his time in the Academy was a breeze, he could recall all the time he spent trying to get the hang of hoho, hakuda, and kido. While Zanjutsu and practice with a sword, in general, came to him naturally due to his previous life his skills in other matters were an atrocity before he was properly taught so long ago. He could do nothing but put himself into Takehiko's shoes in this situation, he felt envious of his youth but at the same time, he couldn't help but pity the boy for not having a figure in his life to teach him these things he should know. After all, they were all warriors despite their occupation. Even after all his years that he had spent at a desk wasting away, he was still a warrior deep down. And since the Demon Incursion, he wished to bring that to the front instead of letting it dwindle away.

Lifting his head up and heeding the words that the young boy extruded into existence, his words filled with heart. He'd lay his hand upon the boy's shoulder, his left hand still placed by the guard of his blade. "Child... You have sprouted youth back into my old bones. While my image preaches the backbone of innocence, I have lost count of the days many many years ago..." His words drifted thinking of all the foes he had faced and where that had led him to, he'd not wish to teach the child just about the sword. There was much to be known outside of just being a warrior. Yet, he'd like to sharpen the fundamentals of swordplay first, at the very least. With a gargantuan inhale, he steamed out of his nose. "If it is guidance that you seek, I shall bestow the knowledge I have acquired upon you." His eyes drew shut with ease, a hint of dismay for himself as he thought about what he was about to do. Not being one to do something for someone else so willingly like this. Yet, he saw so much in Takehiko that he once could see in himself. "A medic you may wish to be, but from this day forward I shall teach the ways of a warrior. If you so wish it. Now, don't think this will be some ordinary training. No, for today I can show you and tell you form and techniques to acquire strength, but after today there are many days of brutal training. It will require a great deal of tenacity and an even greater deal of strength." He moved his hand to Takehiko's bicep. "Not here," Squeezing as he spoke, "but here." He rose the hand from Takehiko's arm to his head, using his index finger to lightly tap his skull. "For if your mind is not stronger than your body, you will perish. If you cannot read a situation and respond to it without letting emotion control your actions. You will fail, and death for you and those you wish to protect will be imminent."

Another sigh belted from his mouth as he stood tall once more. He waved his hand, "The choice is yours, take it as you will. Just know, I wouldn't do this for anyone and it will not be easy."

エンドポスト

Anonymous

Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:28 pm

The Silent Kuchiki

Takehiko Kuchiki

He listened calmly and readily to the input the elder Kuchiki had. So instead of a medic the path of a warrior. He could return to his goal at some point of saving lives. In truth, it was going to require a rather potent thing to get him to stop saving lives. But presently he couldn't perform his duties the same as others. He lacked the combat prowess of a warrior to protect. Takehiko closed his azure eyes his expression becoming like his uncles. Indifferent almost as he found himself for a moment. Considering the words of the elder Kuchiki carefully. He didn't indicate giving up on his dream of becoming a Medic. No that wasn't going away but the training required. It was going to mold him and change his body type. The problem athletically speaking was he was below par. Warrior's training could help but he'd only do it to protect those he would heal. His training would require him to devote something special. A vow to himself and his zanpakuto, he would not fight unless a patient was in danger.

"Very well, I agree to the terms and conditions presented. I vow on this as a Kuchiki my blade will not be drawn for bloodshed unless the one I or another care for under our medical care is in danger." It was a hardened resolve in his eyes now as he looked to the elder Kuchiki again. Regarding him with respect and trust as he decided to wait. He accepted the conditions but not in awe or shock. He couldn't afford that kind of emotions anymore with missions coming. He would end up on the front line someday fighting to save lives. But he lacked that capability to save people he wished. So Torabevu was offering his elder skills to show him. To educate him in the ways that he knew so much better than him. Takehiko wouldn't turn him down and hopefully, progress would come. He'd find himself gaining strength and power as he went. Takehiko didn't know exactly what it would take to overcome the wall. But he sensed a wall before him but it wasn't a small one. Though beyond it he could see far greater ones in his subconscious.

A soft bit of air left his lungs as he rubbed at his throat feeling sore. Not used to this much talking as hadn't used it much. His throat had grown rather unused to being used in any sense. He still got the sensation that something was going to come but it was a long way away. His power wasn't remotely impressive as of yet as he felt his digits across his skin. Feeling the roughness of his hands from training. He did not know the warrior's path but for now, he would seek it. To bolster his medical skills above all else. Unohana was missing and getting touch with former members of her Divison was difficult. He would need time to train himself to become a suitable healer. Medical care was such tricky work in every single sense of it. The little scraps he had gotten about healing kido was it being difficult. That he needed to raise his power and grow before he pushed his devotion further. Takehiko couldn't help but yearn for that but at the same time dreading it. Praying his skills in that field never needed use.
CPKallday
CPKallday
The KFC of PH
The KFC of PH
OTM

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:22 pm

ポ ス ト を 開 始

"Very well," Torabevu stated as his visage hardened with an arched brow. He was impressed that it didn't take the lad very long at all to make the decision. It seemed that he could see right through Torabevu's taunt at throwing away his medic goal a the moment to take on what detoured him from doing so. As he would have to do in many instances in the field. When placed in front of danger during the time of aid, it is typical to have to stand your ground and put your own life before that of the one you are protecting. Otherwise, you wouldn't be much of a protector. With that, the grip on his Zanpakuto fastened. A quick thought making him realize that it was likely not necessary for him to draw upon him. He'd need to gauge his ability first and foremost. Thus, he took up a basic Hakuda stance. His palms open and ahead of him as his stance lowered.

"Show me what you know, try to kill me." His visage remained steel and cold. His reiatsu began to flow around him encasing his body in a hardened defense, just in case. The gold aura moved in a beautiful melody that caressed his body and tantalized his out of regulation wardrobe. The loose ends of fabric whipping the still cool air as the surroundings began to follow suit with his aura. While Torabevu was no powerhouse, he held a spiritual power that was sufficient enough to make the young boy's task a level harder. "Alright, then." He stated, his voice slightly heightened. An implosion of power smashed down upon the terrain as the aura vanished from visual sight and Torabevu's eyes drew to a golden sheen. While he bartered for Takehiko to attempt to kill him, the intent of the test would to see if he could even get Torabevu to draw his sword. If he was able to make Tora fear for his life, then it would set the course for the rest of the regime. If not, it would be no failure. There would just be more work ahead of them.

"Let's begin."

エンドポスト

Anonymous

Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:27 pm

The Silent Kuchiki

Takehiko Kuchiki

Takehiko's eyes scanned the man slowly checking openings. None that he could exploit with just swordsmanship. Takehiko listened to the words considering the meaning. Attempt to kill him, he needed to use his collective skills as one. So the question was what to do in that regard. He could perform Bakudo but those didn't help with killing. His feet moved taking notice of the soft ground beneath his feet. A diversionary measure would be helpful. Takehiko didn't speak as his eyes kept a cool nature to them. Sizing up his chances and considering his skills as one part of the larger puzzle. Takehiko was a tactician despite being very young. So the plan was set and he needed to execute it now. He wasn't very good with a sword but he did have other skills. Things that were sharpened through hard work. This wasn't about winning but seeing just how far he'd come. Releasing his spiritual pressure it was smaller. But small lines of red could be seen around it as he inhaled. Performing the technique learned from Ulv and his First Kata now.

Taking a stance he brought his zanpakuto in front fo him as he readied himself before he did something. Hadō One shot from his finger into the ground now and not at the Elder Kuchiki. Takehiko knew this wasn't going to do anything most likely but buy him time. He couldn't perform that move where the person vanished yet. But he could perform one he'd picked up something from his uncle's journal. Putting his right foot forward he used a step. But in the start, another was added using a second step to burst forward. Takehiko lacked in power and speed so he needed to use his flash steps to give him something. Thankfully the Elder Kuchiki was keeping his spiritual pressure able to be read. As he brought his sword down towards the right side of the neck. Using the speed of the technique learned from his uncle's journal to add speed. Focusing on his muscle strength as he attempted to bring it down. Having come in with some ideas of a strategic exit in mind.

He had a few kido in his mind to help him get away. But he didn't think about escape so much as getting the Elder to draw his weapon. That was first and foremost in this. As when he arrived at the spot he wasn't done yet. He had one more attack open to him and ready. Bringing his left hand he jabbed it into the nearest point he could to create contact. Releasing Byakurai instantly as he felt it shoot it through the body. Takehiko's eyes scanned to see if he'd been successful in anything. He'd used all the skills he had picked up thus far. Swordsmanship was still not good, but he'd done a decent kendo swing. Bringing it into another use of his stronger point of kido. He just wasn't good enough to rely on his zanpakuto skills. He also got the feeling his partner would want him to use everything. It felt like the type of person who saw it as wasteful. So he used every single aspect that he had learned. To help him launch this assault on the male using what strategic ideas he could.
CPKallday
CPKallday
The KFC of PH
The KFC of PH
OTM

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:53 pm

ポ ス ト を 開 始

The seemingly soft and feeble Kuchiki before him seemed to harden as the mood changed. His eyes spoke fathoms and reeked of determination. Watching the form of the lad closely for leads as to where his attacks would begin, two shots of Kido would be sent toward him. One, to distract and one to penetrate. While the move was clever, Torabevu could read the fool's game Takehiko was trying to play. Yet, he'd play along with it, catching the Hadō in his hand letting his hardened reiatsu take the brunt of the attack. Smirking as the Kido vanished in his palm. Though, this was clearly being used to block up Torabevu's movement while Takehiko closed in on him with a flash step. He was rather quick for a novice, but his body was too easy to read. Kendo techniques weren't efficient in the least, it required the body to take step by step procedures to produce a single attack. They'd be inefficient in the field.

With a swift movement of his hand, he'd attach his wrist to Takehiko's forearm moving the limb in a circular motion lifting the attack up and over his head. "Kendo is but a sport! No use for it in the real w--!" Torabevu shouted in excitement, taking a step back ready for the next attack. As his rear foot slid to a halt Takehiko closed in on him once more with just his hand, unexpectedly drawing his words to a cut. His eyes grew in shock that he'd come back in for another attack with such haste. Torabevu could do nothing but shunpo to Takehiko's rear before letting out a sigh of relief.

"Whew, I see we're full of energy." He stated before using his foot to try and nonchalantly shove Takehiko from his rear end, chuckling lightly as he did so. All in attempts to stir something in the lad. There was something about his reiatsu that was off, he wished to draw that out. He took a step back and widened his stance, ready for the next assault.

エンドポスト

Anonymous

Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:10 pm

The Silent Kuchiki

Takehiko Kuchiki

So in short, the gamble told him that regular kido was no good. Kido without incantation wouldn't do him any good. Kicked forward a bit by the male trying to provoke him he guessed. Takehiko stood for a moment realizing kendo wouldn't work. Nor would restraining the reiatsu flow as much as he had. He needed something a bit more quick and agile if this was to work. Crimson reiatsu began to flow from him as he looked at the elder male. No malice existed in his eyes but he seemed to be regarding him. Deciding how to act next as the glow wasn't big but the color was a strange one. Takehiko's reiatsu was tied to his zanpakuto and it's powers which remained hidden. Ominous feelings often plagued him when it came to that. Breathing now he readdressed the holes in his plan. Anger wasn't going to do him good here. Stumbling into the ground wasn't an option though he did almost fall. His frame straightening to release his reiatsu enough that those azure eyes held a crimson gleam. So if regular strength kido wouldn't provide an opening. Perhaps it was time to begin playing for a bit larger game.

First, this vision was a problem but he would need a moment's time to do something. Hadō 1 into the ground had worked perfectly previously. But that strategy had been a bust mostly due to execution. First, he needed something to hold the man still if only a moment. Bringing a finger up he began drawing symbols and adding an incantation to it this time. " Disintegrate, you black dog of Rondanini!! Look upon yourself with horror and then claw out your own throat!" Bakudo 9 Geki" A crimson glow permeates with his glowing red reiatsu. Before attempting to engulf the elder Kuchiki's body. Bringing his hand down he fired Hadō 1 into the ground creating a distraction again. This time firing a Byakurai after he'd cut vision. Now it was time for him to move but faster then he had before. He needed to move as quickly as possible. Inhaling and feeling oxygen flood his body altering his stance as he moved.

Having covered his movement in the dust thrown into the air by Hadō One. Using Byakurai as a mean's to distract his tester. Then came time for his flash step to execute. Flash of the Heavenly Soring Tiger but something else as well. Guessed he could let that cat out of the bag for a moment. Bringing a hand to his face as he moved he brought it down quickly. Bones formed around his face creating a hollow mask. Black mixed in with his energy as he performed the step. Vanishing in an instant as he used the time provided to strike now. Having moved while Byakurai had arrived at the previous location. Now bringing his sword down to swing down, but also ready to perform something else. He had an idea as he held his vizard powers on. His body trembled a bit feeling the black reiatsu flood his already red. His swing was able to open into something else and he had an idea. A way to perform a Byakurai of an entirely different make. Though it wouldn't help him unless the bait was taken.
CPKallday
CPKallday
The KFC of PH
The KFC of PH
OTM

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:55 pm

ポ ス ト を 開 始

"Tsk." Cut the air, sucking his teeth in response to yet another effort to perform kido on him. This was the reason that he was against Kido, for the simple fact that low-level Kido always required time for them to be proficient. Unless you were a master or something of that sort. As if he was going to be within a few feet of an opponent and simply let them use an incantation right in front of him. Before Takehiko could let out the third word of his incantation Torabevu would flash step before him, drawing his Zanpakuto and moving it to Takehiko's throat. He wouldn't press it into him, no. Instead, he stood there with a grimace. Holding the blade still. "Enough!" The words plagued the vicinity like Thunder, his aura casting over like heavy clouds.

Calling off the small skirmish between the two. He had seen enough. While interested in seeing him pull down that hollow mask of his, Torabevu was trying to scale his swordsmanship. Yet, Kido seemed to be the leading factor to any attack he used. It was clear that he held no pride in his skill with a blade, having to hold his target still in order to land a hit. He spit on the ground in anger before locking eyes with Takehiko once more. "Use your Zanpakuto! Do wish for me to teach you Kido instead?" Torabevu hissed, moving in to grab the collar of his garb pressing the steel of his blade onto his throat just enough to feel a slight tinge on his skin. It was clear that Torabevu felt insulted by the lack in the use of his sword.

Composing himself, he released his death grip on the collar of the lad's shirt and cleared his throat. "You're treating your sword as a tool, not your partner. It's not a kitchen knife, you don't use it just to cut things. You're using kido the way you should use your sword. Use your sword to gain the advantage, then strike. Don't get me wrong, using Kido is fine. A balance between spiritual use and physical use is rather key in preserving yourself in a long-winded battle." He explained while sheathing his Zanpakuto and fixing his garb.

エンドポスト

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum