Joined : 2019-06-02
Posts : 437
Karma : 5
|Subject Post 1Subject: Sylvia's Revival Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:33 am|| |
» Name Of Character:
Sylvia Brauer » Link To Character: Link » Upgrading:
I'm performing an update on Sylvia's existing profile to bring her more in line with what I've learned on the site since her creation. I will itemize every intended change, for staff's convenience. I am also applying for the grading of several new abilities and upgrades, and will mark those accordingly. Changes to Existing Profile
- FC change, for the sake of a paper trail.
- Personality updated, for the sake of a paper trail and not listed here.
- Letzt Stil appearance updated, for the sake of a paper trail.
- Himmlische Marionette: Sylvia's answer to the Ransōtengai. Although it is capable of effects similar to the Ransōtengai, this ability is commonly used for environmental manipulation, instead. The strings may support weight or exert force as though they possessed a strength equal to 50% of Sylvia's reishi manipulation, and likewise, possess a durability of the same level. This may be used against others directly, though doing so can leave Sylvia vulnerable.
(Changed instances of "one step lesser than Sylvia's reishi manipulation" to "strength and durability equal to 50% Sylvia's reishi manipulation" for clarity.)
- Himmlischer Anzug: A variant of the Himmlische Marionette; Sylvia uses the strings as a basis to cover herself in a thin veil of reishi, bolstered with her own reiryoku. This veil may appear however she sees fit within the confines of her own size, though it is as fragile as cloth. With this, Sylvia may change her appearance from anywhere between a new set of clothes to near-total invisibility against the backdrop of her environment. While active, this ability passively boosts Sylvia's defense, raising her durability by 10%. Furthermore, the camouflage effect can be noticed and seen through by those with powers of deduction equal to Sylvia's reishi manipulation; or a greater mental focus, instead.
With an understanding of reishi manipulation below Elite, moving from one place will throw off the camouflage, giving away Sylvia's position. Likewise, use of hirenkyaku with an understanding of reishi manipulation below Master will do the same.
(Defensive buff changed from "top of her current durability" to a flat 10% increase for cleaner language. Have also specified that the camouflage effect can be seen through, as it wasn't clear enough for my liking before.)
- Himmelsseelenschneider: An offensive variant of the Himmlische Marionette; by refining the strings of reishi, Sylvia turns them into a powerful mid-ranged weapon. These razor wires move with a speed and flexibility equal to Sylvia's skill in reishi manipulation, and otherwise exert a force and possess durability of 50% that amount. The wires can cut through material such as stone and steel with ease, but can be stopped by a significant spiritual barrier constructed with equal skill to Sylvia's reishi manipulation. Through the implementation of a seele schneider in these attacks, the cutting power of this attack is increased by 100%.
(Changed instance of "one step lesser than her reishi manipulation" to "50% that amount". Seele schneider-given buff changed from "one step greater for the purposes of cutting barriers" to "100% greater cutting power".)
- Blitz Pfeil: The arrows loosed by Sylvia using Wetterhexe are as bolts of lightning, twisting and jumping with no discernible pattern during their flight. These arrows are incredibly difficult to dodge, as though their speed were 100% greater.
(Changed the speed buff from "one step greater" to a more concrete 100% increase.)
- Tier increase to 3-5
- Durability to Adept
Fated Enemies shows Sylvia practicing her basic skills in the early morning, when she crosses paths with a vizard named Laskt. It's brief, but representative of her usual training.
Of Tradition and Innovation has Sylvia receive aid from a more experienced quincy, Sofia, in her training. Dying interest in the character resulted in the thread being abandoned, but it is canon.
Inter-Organizational Bonding pitted Sylvia against the shinigami Takehiko Kuchiki in a mock battle. Her tactical abilities and improvisational skills were tested briefly, but more importantly, she took one hell of a zap from Takehiko's magic. Blut Vein was the only reason she didn't pass out.
- Blut to Adept
Future Heritage was another thread cut short, but did all it needed and reached a satisfying conclusion. Here, Sylvia's abilities were tested more thoroughly by the quincy Ghislain. Most importantly, he helped her to realize a better way to empower her body with Blut, and set her on a new path.
- (Natural Ability)Weather Manipulation: Sylvia's abilities are naturally attuned to the weather, and to storms that ravage her foes. The winds blow in her favor. Rain parts at her behest. Natural disasters never impair her well-being. As such, her close relationship with the weather gives her control over aspects of storms through subtle manipulation of atmospheric reishi. Due to this, she possesses a minor resistance to these aspects of her power, and takes 10% less damage from lightning, cold and heat-based attacks from sources up to one full tier above her own. Things that generate or are caused by these effects, such as fire and ice, are not affected.
(The ability is largely fluff, so the 10% damage resistance to certain types is the only mechanical effect.)
- (Letzt Stil required)Himmel Schritt: On the winds, Sylvia flies effortlessly without the use of hirenkyaku for the duration of Wetterhexe's activation. Such movements are made at the rate of her natural speed or one equal to her skill with Letzt Stil, whichever is greater. However, if her reactions cannot keep up with her speed and movement, there could be disastrous consequences.
- Weltbaumreisen: A ritual performed by Quincy, invoking the gods of old and beseeching them to allow passage along the roots of the world's tree, Yggdrasil. During the performance of such a ritual, the Quincy zeichen appears underfoot of the caster, with her at the very center. By standing at each of the points of the star, up to five others may join the caster in being transported. At the ritual's conclusion, the travelers vanish and are transported to any designated location in the mortal world, where they reappear within another zeichen.
This ritual is too lengthy to be cast in combat, and the physical and spiritual inclinations of the caster may influence how it manifests.
"Oh Wodan, Lord of Asgard ~ Grant us power, thy merciless servants ~ The serpent devours the tree, your world Yggdrasil ~ Let us but serve you, purge the taint from this land ~ Upon your path, Weltbaumreisen!"
Over the course of the summer, Sylvia trained with Ghislain to better herself as a Quincy. In the process of doing so, she was asked what sort of Quincy it was she wished to be, and has taken the first steps towards answering that question. » Extra:
Due to my muse suddenly dying off for Sylvia, a few threads were ended prematurely. Some development is assumed to have happened off-screen in order to make the character more interesting for myself, but I will not be applying for upgrades based on things that aren't in writing.
Joined : 2016-08-18
Posts : 4368
Karma : 24
Location : Where ever a Space-girl can
|Subject Post 2Subject: Re: Sylvia's Revival Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:22 pm|| |