Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Learning From the Best [Private/Ulv] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue74095/100000Learning From the Best [Private/Ulv] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (74095/100000)
Tiers:

Learning From the Best [Private/Ulv] - Page 2 Empty Re: Learning From the Best [Private/Ulv]

Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:53 pm

Kuchiki Keiko

The warmth in Keiko's body went from joyful excitement to intense embarrassment.

"W-wha, that's, that's not what happened! There's a reason for that, I-I didn't just randomly faint when you touched me or anyhting, it was fatigue! Yes, that's it, fat--no wait it wasn't fatigue, I'm perfectly healthy, see?"

Keiko jumped off the chair and gestured to her body, to assert her health.

That happened because, uh, I think it was the effects of a kido from earlier! It had a delayed effect, which is why I didn't collapse until that one time!! Yes, that's what happened."

The girl wanted so desperately to cover her face with her hands, but it was against her principles to run away from something, even if it was embarassment. Instead, Keiko maintained aggressive eye-contact with Ulv to make sure that the woman took her explanation at face value. At the same time, she carried on with the first comments to change the subject.

"Th-that said, I-I get what you mean. I-I'll be more careful from now on, ahahaha. I just want to hurry up and get stronger, you know? So I can grow up faster, and get away from the house more, and do things with the Gotei and get out there in the world. I need to be stronger to do that too, and make the Kuchiki proud, and stand tall above the Shiho--er, I want to be one of the greatest Hakuda and Hoho users alive. Like you, Auber-sama! I'm going to have to work hard to get there, as hard as I can, because it's a really long ways away, and I don't wanna wait at all for it."

END POST

Learning From the Best [Private/Ulv] - Page 2 8Bvy1N8

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Learning From the Best [Private/Ulv] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue398349/999999Learning From the Best [Private/Ulv] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Learning From the Best [Private/Ulv] - Page 2 Empty Re: Learning From the Best [Private/Ulv]

Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:25 pm

Learning From the Best [Private/Ulv] - Page 2 6EdIfMt

THE FLAME OF HOPE

Artist: Hammerfall - Song: Heart's On Fire

Ulv just sat with a smile as Keiko stuttered through an explanation, ruining all her credibility by changing mid-track when she realised that one would support what Ulv had been saying. And then, she got to quite the touchy subject, that Ulv had been curious about.

"Quite the freudian slip there. Your beautiful tanned skin and interest in Hoho and Hakuda over Zanjutsu and Kido certainly implies you are from the Shihoin clan instead of the Kuchiki clan. Is, that a touchy subject or do you mind talking about it?" Ulv asked. Though she expended great effort to do it, she made her tone soft and gentle.

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Learning From the Best [Private/Ulv] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue74095/100000Learning From the Best [Private/Ulv] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (74095/100000)
Tiers:

Sun Jan 12, 2020 7:45 pm

Kuchiki Keiko

Wow. Ulv didn't really hold much back. Keiko's heart sank a bit at the genuine inquiry, and in truth, she wasn't keen on talking about it. This was the type of thing she never talked about, and instead just kept deep in her heart to only act on. Admittedly, her mother could see right through her, and some of the elders who were wise and watched Keiko's development intently were also clear on the girl's intentions. But it was never something she liked to, or ever did, verbally touch on. That said, Ulv was one of those kinds of people you just wanted to spew things out to, and the lengths she seemed to go to in earnest interest and care for Keiko--it was really appreciated.

She let out a sigh on her deep thoughts and eventually broke it down.

"I'm a Kuchiki. I take that name with pride, and I love my mother who brought me into this family. I hate my father--my real father. I hate both my fathers, but my real one especially. He was a member of the Shihouin, and when he found out my mother was pregnant with me, he ran. The Shihouin took no responsibility over me, and I have no... complaints. None. I'm fine with connecting to my Kuchiki heritage alone."

Keiko would never know it, nor admit to it, but someone like Ulv, with her abilities, she could tell that the hesitation in the girl's last sentence didn't quite speak whole truths. A murmur in her heart, a flux in her emotions, told that there was more.

"But when some tests were done to assess my skills, it was found that I excelled in the subjects the Shihouin were the best in. It wasn't just my skin that showed I had Shihouin in me, but even my skillsets. I hated it at first, but when I saw the look on my mom's face when she saw my results, I knew I couldn't just ignore them."

This time, Keiko's eyes were more fierce, more focused and steeled.

"So I decided, if I'm going to be working off my strengths, I'm going to master them. I'm going to be the best at them, better than any Shihouin's ever seen before. Then, when I stand at the top of my field, they'll note that I'm a Kuchiki. That's my surname, after all. I want to be the one to set the precedent, not have that precedent forced onto me."

END POST

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Learning From the Best [Private/Ulv] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue398349/999999Learning From the Best [Private/Ulv] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:57 am

THE FLAME OF HOPE

Ulv had a mutable presence. Several aspects, as it were. While she hoped Keiko would never have to see Aspect Of The Monster, she would still fill the room with the Aspect Of The Mother, a warm, comforting, and gentle feeling that wrapped around her like a hug. When she had finished talking, Ulv nodded gently to her words.

"I know you have no complaints now, but the mind changes as the body matures. A tiny kernel of doubt in your mind that is so small you don't even notice it can grow into a great tree. So just know that any time you need help, you can call me and I will come to deliver it" Ulv told her, before blowing out a breath and standing up, gathering up the plates and cutlery if Keiko had finished with them.

"But, I am not as good at the Shinigami arts as you claim me to be. My Hoho is firm, my Hakuda is top-class, but neither are groundbreaking. I excel at my personal martial arts to a whole different degree than I do with the Shinigami arts. I can teach you to a point, but if you want truly esoteric tutoring, I have a few friends that are better.

Magnolia Everfrost, in the 5th division, has skill in Hakuda that is easily comparable to my Ursa Takkeyeon. And Colin Washi, who runs a school in the Wastelands I can take you to, blows my understanding of Hoho clear out of the water. I can introduce you to those to if you want"

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:16 am

Kuchiki Keiko

Did Ulv have a heater in her house? Most heating systems Keiko experienced were through the floor, a bit more of a traditional heating method. Then again, Ulv wasn't very eastern, so it made sense if her house was different. This heating had an odd feel to it, though. Like it wasn't just warming the room, but warming Keiko's heart. It would've been very pleasant if the girl just didn't want to really feel like that. It was working, no doubt, but cognitively Keiko wasn't comfortable with it, so it just created some dissonance and confusion. A small enough confusion to shake off, but there nonetheless.

The words Ulv said served to speak to her more closely, like it was convincing the girl to let that warming sensation in. Keiko didn't have much a response to the offer of help, she just nodded instead. Talking about something very close to her so much made it feel weird to talk too much anymore. She only spoke up in protest to Ulv's humility.

Wait, no--that's not why I admire you, Auber-sama. Not just because you're good at Hoho and Hakuda. It's more your attitude and the way you own it, and the way you use it for you."

Verbalising her thoughts on why Ulv was so great to her gave Keiko a bit of mental clarity on herself, and what she was aspiring towards, but she quickly denied it to herself, and then aloud.

"Ah! I don't mean that, like, I want to get stronger and master these things for myself or anything, I still want it to better serve the family! I-I just admire your independence!"

"But, I would love to meet Everfrost-sama. She is someone I admire very much as well, it's just that she's in the Stealth Force so I... never really felt comfortable trying to go see her."

What really had Keiko's eyes alight was the mention of venturing out into the Wastelands. There wasn't anything inherently appealing to the Wastelands by geographic location or landmarks or anything. It was more the idea of an adventure out into that unknown that really clicked with her.

"Wait, are you serious? I'd love to! O-of course, fulfilling my responsibilities, and taking care of my lessons and internship, and-and, oh but! If things can work out the right way, I'd love to visit the wastelands!"

Now, Colin Washi.... where has she heard that name before. Washi rings a lot of bells...

END POST

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:44 am

THE FLAME OF HOPE

She was certainly a bundle of emotion. And if Ulv was honest, she didn't really know what she was talking about, with owning it. She just did it how she did it and that was that. Her independence was certainly a thing though, and she wouldn't reject that.
"I've always been enthralled by the martial world, but the major part of my independence, being the Mayor of Minatumi, I just fell into. I was hunting a special object in the harbour, and some guy destroyed the city. So I lent a hand to the slums underneath the city and that is the majestic origins of my ownership"

Ulv scratched her head with a soft laugh, and then leaned against the counter.
"Tutoring under Magnolia on top of all the rest goes painfully counter to what I have been telling you. I would be thumped by Hvit for such hypocracy were I to give you more after telling you you already have too much as it is. Though, I will make you a compact. I'll come audit some of these lessons at home, and If I feel they can be replaced by my actions or those of Magnolia's, then I shall. You will become my student and I shall become your teacher"

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:06 am

Kuchiki Keiko

Keiko wanted to ask more about this brief mention about how Ulv came to be Mayor of Minatumi--just be description it sounded like a fantastical story. But, maybe now wasn't the right time. If Ulv really wanted to take her to the Wastelands, she'd ask on the trip over. When it came to the potential of Keiko legitimately becoming a student to Ulv and Magnolia, her panicked excitement returned.

"YES! That's totally possible, I'm sure of it! I can talk to the Elders and the Clan Head, and I'm sure they'll let me be under you two's tutelage! I spend a lot of time at Shin'o, but I'm only there for two main subjects and general education, and most of that is also taken care of in my lessons at home, so there's definitely time we can make for it! I won't over-work myself by just adding your lessons to my current schedule, so it'll work out, okay?!"

END POST

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:12 am

THE FLAME OF HOPE

Ahh, that was the enthusiasm Ulv liked to see. Get off the drery topic of parents abandoning you and onto the childish wonder of being Ulv's pet...err...student. Yes, that was the right one.

"Most excellent. Then we sally forth young Keiko! To these lessons faire!" She exclaimed, pointing to the door with great enthusiasm. "And if you do come under my tutorage, you will be dressed better. I mean, come on, you are a noble, and yet you walk around less than half clothed. Totally unbecoming of a Noble, and the student of the Inferno Vizard Queen" Ulv stuck her head up in their air and nodded in some mimicry of a royal woman. Not that Abalia or Ci ever acted like that and they were the only queens Ulv knew, but still.

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:38 am

Kuchiki Keiko

Oh my god, it was actually happening...? Keiko hadn't had such a bright smile in such a while, nor a day as good as this in forever! At Ulv's behest, Keiko smothered the food into her mouth to leave a clean plate, and jumped towards the door to the outside, though she did pause to comment on her clothes.

"W-what's wrong with my clothes? My mother gave this to me, and I'm quite attached to it; it's really easy to move around and hold all kinds of positions in it!"

Whether or not Ulv intended it, Keiko took her words as to mean that they were starting immediately. So, Keiko ran out to the largest open space nearby and did some stretching, a thousand ideas running through her head on what training with Ulv would be like.

"So, what're we learning, Auber-sama; are we just going to be going through fundamentals? Are you going to put me through a lethal test to assess my skills and where I'm at with things? Or maybe you wanna just go right ahead in and teach me super cool things, like your Resolve Flame, or your Tulpa, or your Tiger Gate, or your other Gate, or the Seven Gates of Hell, or the--wait that's someone else's technique. Oh man, I can't wait to get started!!"

END POST

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:26 am

THE FLAME OF HOPE

"Dragon. Two parts of the same coin, they combine into Dragon Tiger Gate when you master both sides. Though you need great strength, great speed, great skill, and no small part of physical resilience to not break yourself while using it. Tulpa, you'll need a stronger mind to make anything worth a damn, and Resolve Flame is a special reward for progression and passion to keep progressing. You need to earn that one, little dove~" Ulv would lean down and stroke Keiko's cheek, her voice taking a silken-smooth tilt to it. Her all-too-soft hands gentle, but still somehow domineering.

"And besides. Before all that, I am learning what you learn in your lessons. Which is why you are taking me to your home and letting me audit on them. I need to know what you are taught if I am to know what I am replacing, after all"

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum