Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Dexterity
Dexterity
Waifu War Veteran

Member Info
Platinum Points:
CJ! [Finished] [Approved 5-1/ Hazard Rank: E] Left_bar_bleue248350/500000CJ! [Finished] [Approved 5-1/ Hazard Rank: E] Empty_bar_bleue  (248350/500000)
Tiers:

CJ! [Finished] [Approved 5-1/ Hazard Rank: E] Empty CJ! [Finished] [Approved 5-1/ Hazard Rank: E]

Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:19 am
THE SUPERNATURAL HUMAN TEMPLATE

Spiritual Human Profile
中空アーチャー

I. Basic Information

» Name: Cirrus Janower
» Titles: "CJ", or "Ceejay"
» Age: 26
» Gender: Female

» Affiliation/Rank: --

I. Personality Traits

» Personality: Cirrus is... primarily, an airhead. It's the first thing one would realize about her when they're getting to know her, and making that sort of judgment isn't uncalled for. Because of the girl's rather confined upbringing, she's never left her hometown and she doesn't much hear about anything outside of its borders. She was the type of student to only just get above those passing grades, and struggle every inch of the way there. Extra credit was an impossibility because she had a hard enough time comprehending the basics. It's like this with everything—she's not the type to go out of her way to figure something out, only to learn what she needs to to get by in her small, cozy life. So, in interacting with people, she comes off as the unintelligent kind, the ignorant kind... Someone who doesn't always realize what the real world is like outside her personal bubble. Always slow on the uptake, and quick to forget anything that isn't crucial to the lifestyle she's become used to.

But Cirrus can't be only defined by how high her IQ is. For such an overbearing downside, she possesses an equally great upside in her kindliness. Ignorance is bliss, perhaps, and that's what keeps her as such a positive influence on the people around her. When it comes to others, Cirrus will put in the extra effort to treat them nicely and make everything better. It's hard on her to see someone with a frown, so she'll bring a responsibility upon herself to cheer them up. No background motivations at all... just genuine compassion and benevolence. This goes double for those she makes connections to, for whom there's almost nothing she wouldn't do for their sake. A kindness that doesn't need to be returned whatsoever. An overwhelming, irrevocable generosity.

Cirrus' personal tastes wind up being very shallow, and easy to satisfy. She doesn't entangle her character up in complexity, even despite the various hardships that might or have happened to her. She is almost too easy to get along with and to understand, with a mellow 'go-along-with-the-flow' type of attitude about things. She doesn't react to many things with surprise, and she isn't the type to get too emotional about any one thing. Instead, she'll take things in stride, usually with a soft smile, and work on how to take things from there. Of course, that won't stop her from relying on others, since she's more of a support type of character in the end.

If anything about her personality could be pointed at as a blemish from a depressing past, it'd be her eating disorder. It seems to be how she keeps herself in high spirits, given that she'll prey on any good food that is thrown her way. Whenever something becomes too much to handle, her go-to is lots and lots of junk food. And whenever she's deprived of it, she does become a bit whiny, but nothing too hard to handle.

I. Character History

» History This information is being released on 2420, March 12th, regarding a particular Person of Interest under the jurisdiction of the United States... within the state of Kentucky. Cirrus Janower is her name; middle name Winry. Born in the unremarkable town of Bowling Green, we're keeping this woman on radar because of a manifestation of exceptional supernatural abilities, as well as a personal admission on the subject's part. Her background is to be recorded here as a combination of Cirrus' own account and cross-referenced information from friends, family, and acquaintances.

Initial years of Cirrus' life were not noteworthy at least as far as our interests lie, but we do know that she was given birth on the morning of August 25th. While not relevant to our current investigations, we do have cursory details on the PoI's family. The father is a US Veteran, having served in the air force early on in his life, before eventually settling down in a local Real Estate agency. The mother has a long record of taking desk jobs, and rising to administrator jobs. But according to census data the family still lands solidly in the middle class level of wages. Cirrus is an only child, so no siblings. And all are still very much alive.

Cirrus recalls her childhood as what she believed was a "poor" lifestyle despite clearly being above normal standards of living. Age 5, she enrolled into Warren County Public School, taking Kindergarten and moving on to grade school without incident. Her grades were middling but never egregious. According to her teachers, Cirrus was a somewhat gloomy girl who had trouble sticking to any one group of friends for any extended period of time, but there was a common supposition among them that she made many attempts at socializing but was unable to gel with her fellow classmates. Cirrus herself described them as "not the nicest of children" in her memory.

Now what does stand out is her relationship with another of that town's special cases. Alexander Vaugrenard, whose developed a bit of infamy nowadays but was just an ordinary kid at the time of this story, apparently made friends with Cirrus during these youthful school years. Or perhaps it was she who broke through to him. There was little more than Cirrus' own testament on the matter, but what few cross references we could find lined up with her words; they were paired up more often than not. Cirrus reasons that she attached herself to him because she believed he was the most interesting kid in the class. Considering what we know now, it makes sense.

Whatever their connection, it did not stop what happened with Alexander next. He and his sister abandoned their homestead and became confirmed missing persons cases for a considerable amount of time. The local law enforcement received word of the disappearances first from their parents, but the resultant search did not turn up anything. It had to be forced to a conclusion, after which all relevant persons were notified of the disappearance. Cirrus, along with the rest of the class, were not in that group of people. But Cirrus, given the relationship she had with Alexander, kept confronting her teachers and even the parents on the whereabouts of the boy. Eventually, she was given a fabrication to explain it, to try and minimize the emotional damage to the girl. It had only a limited effectiveness, as Cirrus withdrew into herself for about half a year.

Cirrus explains that initially, she wasn't really depressed, moreso just confused. She said she didn't know why he'd just leave like that, and said Alex didn't tell her anything of his plans. She understands why they lied to her that day, because she doesn't know how badly she would have reacted if she'd heard he the truth that he was just gone. The assumption at that point would have been the worst possible case scenario, and that's not something a little girl should have had to deal with growing up. Still, knowing that she wasn't going to see him again either way still left its mark on her. It's something she's had to carry with her even after she rebounded from her slump, and continued on with her life.

But now there's a new problem arisen, and my superiors are hesitating on a decision for Cirrus. See, the girl still doesn't know where Alexander is or what he's been doing all this time. She's been living in Bowling Green this entire time and hasn't a grasp on the ongoings of the world outside. Some wish to preserve that ignorance and keep her in this town in order to make their jobs easier... To keep an eye on her as her 'gift' develops. I'm not necessarily one of the people who agrees with that, but I've also been ordered to keep my mouth shut. So as of now, Cirrus is just going to stay here like a goldfish in fishbowl.

Cirrus doesn't realize it herself, but she's got power. Supernatural power, you'd say, not born from any profession or technique, but something completely inherent and unique. When asked about it, she says she has no clue what's being talked about, and we haven't seen that she acknowledges it in her day-to-day routine. It's something that comes and goes unconsciously, rather, something that she's lived with for so long at this point that she doesn't even understand how special it is. I pity her naivete, considering now how its being used against her to keep locked up like a science experiment.

Now, this is off the script, but I don't think I'm going to stand for something like that. For whatever becomes of me after this, I'll see to it that Cirrus doesn't have to live under these conditions for the rest of her life. All it'll take is a little bit of truth, and a little bit of assistance. She needs to get out of Bowling Green, Kentucky, and out into the wild world where they can't touch her. She hasn't even gotten to live her life yet.

That's the last of this report, or whatever you call this write-up. After this, I hope I never have to see a case like this again.

I. Supernatural Abilities

» Empty Vessel: A term borrowed from Christian religion, referring to an ideal state of being for the subjects of God. To be an empty vessel is to be one with an empty mind, discarding ones own presumptions and opening up to the divine wisdom of God. Perhaps, even, the very same knowledge from the ever-distant garden of Eden. To take that knowledge for one's self, as Adam and Eve did, is viewed as sin. But to be freely given it... it is a gift only for the purest among God's subjects. The truly, empty vessels.

Fitting then, is it, that Cirrus' special abilities be given such a name: For her mind holds little personal knowledge... there are very few experiences to shape her, and so much left unexplored. To be at such an age and still lack so much... This ability makes up for that deficit. By some higher power—something not on this plane of existence—Cirrus is intermittently granted hyper-specific bastions of knowledge that vanish nearly as quickly as they arrive. It is not a gift freely-controlled, and its patterns are fairly unpredictable, but it is a beneficial boon nonetheless, arriving most commonly in cases that demand it and disappearing when it is no longer necessary.

To be precise, these grants of knowledge are of extraordinary depth. Cirrus will have no basis in the given subject, but quite suddenly develop a world-class understanding for the brief period of time it is needed, before completely forgetting any and all of it afterwards, not even cognizant that she had ever retained such knowledge at any point. She still appears to maintain her own character during these periods of time, but is blissfully unaware of the existence of her own ability and the strangeness surrounding her behavior. This is despite how naturally she seems to wield knowledge that she gains from this ability.

The potential of Empty Vessel extends to an unknown degree in practical ability, as well. While its activations primarily only grant pockets of information, it has also shown capable of manifesting supernatural abilities outside of Cirrus' base capabilities. But there is a discernible pattern to these special cases, thus far; every power granted this way could be viewed as an enhancement upon a biological human function. Something as simple as superhuman strength, to the stranger ability to hold her breath for an excessive amount of time.

The Presence of this ability does not permit the coexistence of other abilities within Cirrus. If she is ever granted or learns another ability through any other means, then this ability becomes latent until it is removed.

I. Skill Sheet

General Skills
  • Durability: Beginner
  • General Speed: Untrained
  • Strength: Beginner
  • Weapon Skill: Untrained

Human Reiatsu Sheet
  • Power Control: Untrained
  • Energy Usage/Regeneration: Beginner
  • Energy Resistance/Endurance: Untrained
  • Physical Augmentation: Untrained

Will Skills
  • Willpower/Determination: Beginner
  • Mental Deduction: Beginner
  • Focus: Beginner

END OF THE HUMAN APPLICATION

Last edited by Dexterity on Tue May 12, 2020 10:01 pm; edited 5 times in total

CJ! [Finished] [Approved 5-1/ Hazard Rank: E] Qx494h
Dexterity
Dexterity
Waifu War Veteran

Member Info
Platinum Points:
CJ! [Finished] [Approved 5-1/ Hazard Rank: E] Left_bar_bleue248350/500000CJ! [Finished] [Approved 5-1/ Hazard Rank: E] Empty_bar_bleue  (248350/500000)
Tiers:

CJ! [Finished] [Approved 5-1/ Hazard Rank: E] Empty Re: CJ! [Finished] [Approved 5-1/ Hazard Rank: E]

Mon May 11, 2020 5:06 am
This application is now finished!

CJ! [Finished] [Approved 5-1/ Hazard Rank: E] Qx494h
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
CJ! [Finished] [Approved 5-1/ Hazard Rank: E] Left_bar_bleue99999/99999CJ! [Finished] [Approved 5-1/ Hazard Rank: E] Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)
Tiers:
https://www.platinumhearts.net

CJ! [Finished] [Approved 5-1/ Hazard Rank: E] Empty Re: CJ! [Finished] [Approved 5-1/ Hazard Rank: E]

Mon May 11, 2020 11:45 am
[adm]

To be precise, these grants of knowledge are of extraordinary depth. Cirrus will have no basis in the given subject, but quite suddenly develop a world-class understanding for the brief period of time it is needed, before completely forgetting any and all of it afterwards, not even cognizant that she had ever retained such knowledge at any point. She still appears to maintain her own character during these periods of time, but is blissfully unaware of the existence of her own ability and the strangeness surrounding her behavior. This is despite how naturally she seems to wield knowledge that she gains from this ability.

The potential of Empty Vessel extends to an unknown degree in practical ability, as well. While its activations primarily only grant pockets of information, it has also shown capable of manifesting supernatural abilities outside of Cirrus' base capabilities. But there is a discernible pattern to these special cases, thus far; every power granted this way could be viewed as an enhancement upon a biological human function. Something as simple as superhuman strength, to the stranger ability to hold her breath for an excessive amount of time.

The Presence of this ability does not permit the coexistence of other abilities within Cirrus. If she is ever granted or learns another ability through any other means, then this ability becomes latent until it is removed.

Can you better explain this ability to me? The impression I'm initially getting is that she'll be able to just suddenly learn new abilities/knowledge on a whim and it seems kind of like something that she can do to easily get out of circumstances by just randomly knowing it. I feel very stand-offish about this and I'd like for you to better clarify to me how this would be used in a thread as I do better with real-world examples. And, for something with this scope, I'd prolly want even more drawbacks/side effects. [/adm]

CJ! [Finished] [Approved 5-1/ Hazard Rank: E] WVMWLOu
Dexterity
Dexterity
Waifu War Veteran

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon May 11, 2020 6:47 pm
You are generally correct. In times of need, Cirrus will occasionally gain knowledge or an ability to push her through. I suppose the crux of it comes down to versatility so I have to explain the limitations in that regard:

Practical powers are limited to “superhuman” abilities that only enhance what a human can already do, like maybe a supersonic scream which is just yelling really loudly, or a rapid regeneration which just has the body’s healing process working overtime. Something she couldn’t do is, say, shoot fire from her hands because biological humans have no basis for something like that.

As for scope, I make no intentions for Cirrus’ ability to ever exceed her given tier, so it has no place suddenly granting her zero tier power or anything. Plenty more drawbacks like beinvg unable to control when the power happens, or the fact that it is only ever temporary, do exist.
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
CJ! [Finished] [Approved 5-1/ Hazard Rank: E] Left_bar_bleue99999/99999CJ! [Finished] [Approved 5-1/ Hazard Rank: E] Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)
Tiers:
https://www.platinumhearts.net

Tue May 12, 2020 11:31 am
Application Checklist
  • Name [X]
  • Appropriate Age [X]
  • Gender [X]
  • Appearance Present [X]
  • Appearance Described in Appropriate Length OR Picture is Visible [X]
  • Appearance is Not Claimed [X]
  • 10 sentences for personality [X]
  • History is of appropriate length [X]
  • Powers are not Godmod/Overpowered [X]
  • Powers are described reasonably enough [X]
  • Application/RP Sample is not in First Person [X]
  • Skills are not filled in[X]
  • RP Sample Present (Omit if this is not the first character) [X]
  • RP Sample is 10 sentences [X]

Will Skills
  • Willpower/Determination: Beginner
  • Mental Deduction: Beginner
  • Focus: Beginner

Hazard Rankings
  • Power: E
  • Influence: E
  • Resources: E

Comments/Notes:Alright, I'm giving her a 5-1 since I feel that the supernatural ability that she has gives her a leg up on most other humans. Other than that, I feel this is a pretty fine application and is fit for role playing on here. I don't have too much to say about the will skills as I felt that she was a character that wasn't super focused in anything and is just trying to live her best life, so that leaves her mental aspect open to being expanded upon if you want to go down that route in the future.

Tier: 5-1
Hazard Rating: E

CJ! [Finished] [Approved 5-1/ Hazard Rank: E] WVMWLOu
Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
CJ! [Finished] [Approved 5-1/ Hazard Rank: E] Left_bar_bleue74095/100000CJ! [Finished] [Approved 5-1/ Hazard Rank: E] Empty_bar_bleue  (74095/100000)
Tiers:

Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:51 am
[mod]Archived.[/mod]

CJ! [Finished] [Approved 5-1/ Hazard Rank: E] 8Bvy1N8

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum