Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
If that thou hast the gift of strength... (Ulv, Hanako) Left_bar_bleue0/0If that thou hast the gift of strength... (Ulv, Hanako) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

If that thou hast the gift of strength... (Ulv, Hanako) Empty If that thou hast the gift of strength... (Ulv, Hanako)

Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:43 pm

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

If that thou hast the gift of strength... (Ulv, Hanako) 6EdIfMt

It was a bright day, warm, sunny, peaceful. The Seireitei felt calm and the Shinigami walking by that were off duty seemed to be in the best of moods.
Well, most of them. There was at least one Shinigami who looked rather gloomy. She sat under a tree in a small park, enjoying the cool shade while she waited and observed. A dark cloud seemed to hang over her head, although is was actually just a bushy, low-hanging branch.

Hanako had been sitting there for quite a while. She wasn't on duty, so now one cared where she spent her time. Normally she would be running somewhere or slicing up some tatami-mats, but today she had something different in mind. Although she still prefered to be on her own she had asked for help on occasion. She wasn't good with people and like always she rather spend her time alone than in company. But she wasn't stupid enough to think, that she could grow strong on her own. It was enough that she more often than not thought she ought to prove herself at any cost.

Especially after the episode with the Combat Division tryouts it was clear to her that she had to use every chance to acquire new skills, knowledge or get a special training session. It was not easy for her, asking for help. It was actually completely out of her comfort zone. But her determination was, fortunately, still stronger.

Amongst many things there was one she remembered vividly from these tryouts: a woman, tall, almost as tall as Hanako herself, and strong. So strong, that even Hana, with her limited senses, could tell that she would have wiped the floor with Shinryu, hadn't the Captain Commander stepped in. Who was that woman?

As soon as the tryouts were over, she began asking questions. She found out that this woman wasn't actually a Shinigami. And she didn't even live in the Soul Society, it seemed. At least not full time. But, and this was the only thing that mattered, she was still around. And Hanako was waiting here in this park, in sight of the place she was supposedly visiting at the moment.

And there she was. Hanako couldn't remember too much about the woman, but the figure and the bright red hair was a real trade mark.
Hanako stood up and brushed some grass leaves from her clothes. She still wore her normal Shihakusho, with the sleeves removed, so that her pleasantly muscular arms showed. Her sword was in her obi, everything just like she was on duty. Only her hair flowed around her shoulders, unrestrained, as at least a small concession to comfort.

"Sumimasen, Auber-sama?" She adressed the woman politely, before she could walk away.
"I'd like to talk to you."

(466)

Coding Altered From: [The Frost]
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
If that thou hast the gift of strength... (Ulv, Hanako) Left_bar_bleue398349/999999If that thou hast the gift of strength... (Ulv, Hanako) Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

If that thou hast the gift of strength... (Ulv, Hanako) Empty Re: If that thou hast the gift of strength... (Ulv, Hanako)

Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:15 pm

ULV AUBER| WHITE MASK BUDDHA

Ulv was dressed somewhat differently to she was before. A delicate maid uniform clad her, and went a long way to ease her. No longer a tall, broad woman who extruded a deep and powerful aura, she was a servant, a maid here to help. So when someone came up to her and asked to talk, she span around, her skirt flaring from the inertia and a brilliant smile on her lips.

"Of course~ You can call me Ulv though. Miss Auber is far to formal. What can I help you with, my dear?" she asked. She fluttered her eyelashes a bit, and the warm tone she spoke with was unconscious but unabashed flirting with the woman in front of her. Of course, glowing golden eyes with black sclera were a bit of a turn off for some, but not everyone.

FLAME OF HOPE | END POST

Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
If that thou hast the gift of strength... (Ulv, Hanako) Left_bar_bleue0/0If that thou hast the gift of strength... (Ulv, Hanako) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

If that thou hast the gift of strength... (Ulv, Hanako) Empty Re: If that thou hast the gift of strength... (Ulv, Hanako)

Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:06 pm

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

The woman that turned and looked at her was indeed different from what Hanako remembered, even if that wasn't much. What she definitely didn't remember was the friendly and warm attitude. What she remembered was an aura of might, awe-inspiring, frightening. But this woman behaved totally different. And there were the eyes. Hanako also didn't remember those. She looked at them for a moment and tried to figure out if she liked them or not. She never seen such eyes before. After that moment she decided to postpone that decision.

She liked Ulv's warm tone, although sadly she was mostly oblivious to the flirting part, since she lacked any experience in that department.

"Okay, then...Ulv. I am Hanako Yamada. I don't know if you remember, but I was participating in the tryouts for the 4th division. And I noticed you...your strength."

She stopped, searching for words.

"I want...I need to get strong, too."

She let the words hang in the air between them, their meaning as clear as the sky on this day.

Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
If that thou hast the gift of strength... (Ulv, Hanako) Left_bar_bleue398349/999999If that thou hast the gift of strength... (Ulv, Hanako) Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:01 am

"Ahh, that catastrophe. Makes an absolute fool of himself, several times, in front of pretty much everyone who matters Gotei-wise and then fucks off for a month. Great start to his job as a Captain" Ulv shook her head after exclaiming her unbridled opinion of the situation and the guy as well.

"As for a need to get strong, well. That's a dangerous thought pattern to have. Needing to get strong leads you to go purposefully become a Vizard and pursuit dangerous paths to power that you will probably get yourself killed on rather than becoming powerful like you wanted"

Ulv would step up to Hana and seem to loom ominously over her despite being a few inches shorter than the woman.
"So before anything else, you'll want to solidify reason and limit. Why you are trying to get stronger, and what you won't do to achieve it. Then you stick to these two with vigour and fervour, to best protect yourself and reap the rewards"

FLAME OF HOPE | END POST

Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:46 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

Yes, there she was, there was the Ulv that Hanako remembered, at least to some extent. This power that slept underneath her skin and was even now, far away from any battle, almost tangible.

“Yeah, well, this Captain is not my problem anymore, anyway. The tryouts didn’t go too well...anyway, I transferred to 1st Division.”

In hindsight it was maybe even a blessing in disguise that it didn’t go so well. At least she wouldn’t have to put up with this Captain. But still, this was kind of a turning point. This man, as obnoxious as he was, still parried her sword with his forehead. And here, right before her, stood the woman that could have wiped the floor with him. Or at least Hanako was pretty sure that Ulv could have done that.

As she came up to Hana, her strength was so overwhelming that it seemed as if Hanako had to look up to her, despite Ulv being about ten centimeters shorter. And she was so close. Hanako couldn’t remember when the last time was that somebody came so close to her, not counting sparrings. She could hear the rustling of the fabrics of Ulv’s clothes and the tiny hairs on her arms stood up. So close. It was both threatening and somewhat exciting, though Hana couldn’t tell why. Hana didn’t move. There was again the voice in her mind that told her to not give in, never.

“I...have my reasons.” she said slowly.

Yes, she had. And the main reason was still the same. Of course there was also the same reason that probably motivated all soldiers: to not go to rack and ruin. Mainly, however, Hanako was motivated by her past, or better: lack thereof. She suffered from an extreme form of memory loss. While she retained all basic skills like language, how to walk, how to eat and drink, she forgot everything about herself and her past prior to a certain moment. Simply put: Hanako had no past. She had tried to remember anything for the last seven years, bit it was hopeless. So she decided to build herself at least a future.

But she couldn't tell that to Ulv. Not everything. She didn't tell anybody. It was just bottled up inside her.

"I don't want power for power's sake." She continued.
"I also don't want to exceed the limits of a shinigami. At least I don't think I want to. But how could I make up my mind about that when I am so far away from anything that's worth bearing the name 'strength'."

A wave of hot and repelling shame washed through Hanako's mind. The shame she felt about how weak she was. How useless. How she didn't even have a real Zanpakuto and how almost everyone that was presently close to her could wipe her out without breaking a sweat. She wanted to leave an impression and not literally by her broken corpse smashed into the ground. She wanted to be remembered. In the future...her only chance of becoming more than an empty shell without a past, without anything.

When she spoke again her voice wavered a little and some drops of sweat rolled down her neck, over her collarbone and into her Shihakusho.

"Listen, I saw a Captain take my katana head on. Literally. And I saw, or better: felt, you, with a might so great it could have crushed me if you just had thought of destroying me."

Hanako breathed heavily.

"I know that I won't have much success in growing if I try it on my own. I'm green, but not stupid. I just don't want to feel…"

She was silent for a moment. And then, very quiet, she added: "...helpless."

This had been hard. Hanako still wasn't used to asking for help. To not being on her own and actually having to communicate. Maybe she had been too blunt just now. Maybe it was an idiotic thought that Ulv could teach her anything helpful, just because she herself was incredibly strong.
And during all that talk she had forced herself to hold Ulv's gaze, look into those eyes of hers, although everything in her screamed to turn away.

Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:04 am

"Excellent~ I am sure those reasons will carry you far" Ulv said, picking up the basket of laundry. It was clearly a dismissive tone, and the implication was clear. If she wouldn't talk about why, then there was no reason to go any further than that. Though the woman kept talking, and Ulv wasn't so rude to just walk off while she was mid conversation. Looking at her, she went down the lesser of Two Paths. When faced with overwhelming power, people would either be inspired by it, or humiliated by it. And it seemed Hana was humiliated by it. A poor start to the situation.

"What is strength, Hana? Is it physical superiority to your enemies? Is it the power to show off your capabilities to others is the most obnoxiously flashy way possible even though you have several different other ways?" Ulv asked, cocking her head and leaving the question to hang in the air for a few moments before gesturing with her head to the Commander's barracks.

"As it stands, physically and spiritually, you are about Abalia's equal. And yet she is acquainted with The Demon Queen, married to the King Of Vastime, and is the Captain Commander of the Gotei. Standing equal with legends of our time like Ibiki, Iriko and Yamamoto. She doesn't need physical power, she doesn't need spiritual weight. She is a being that none can dispute, and even though she is barely above a human in most aspects, she still has the presence and the force to put Captains on their knees simply by willing it and cut through a crimson cacophony beyond standard comprehension with a simple word"

FLAME OF HOPE | END POST

Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:53 pm

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

It did surprise Hanako to hear that Abalia, the Captain Commander, was not much more powerful than a mere human. But she had felt Abalia's presence, back during the tryouts.

Ulv's words and tone felt like knifes. This was going in a completely wrong direction. Hanako felt it slip through her hands and it almost looked like politeness was all that was keeping Ulv from simply leaving.

"How would I know what strength is?"

It just bursted out of her. She was surprised herself about the emotion that lay behind it.

"I know only what the taught at the academy. Also literally. I know the theory and the physical training. I train a lot, by myself. Partly because I simply like it, partly because I have nothing else. Nothing to what compare what I have learned to, no other experience than the textbooks."

She took a deep breath. This feeling of standing with the back against the wall...she really needed to learn to keep her cool.

"I once read that real strength is knowing yourself. But I don't have that. I don't know myself or...or my past. I don't know what real strength is. But you do."

Her words were sincere and her face showed how painful this subject was for her.
With a lot of willpower she forced something on her face that wanted to be a smile, but got lost somewhere on the way.

"I just want to learn and improve myself."

Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:06 pm

"How can you seek to gain something you do not know? Strength sounds like a simple concept, but running after it blindly is foolish. It's like saying you are going to become a Doctor, or a Shunko master. Or to perfect the art of Dragon Tiger Gate"

She would then cock her head gently at the woman as she seemed to think Ulv knew what true strength was. Plus a possible reference of amnesia. That was kind of deja vu and she caught herself scanning the woman's head for any scars before focusing back on the woman itself.
"Physical power is always helpful. But true strength is understanding what you can do. What feels best to do. It's why the Academy runs for six years, so you can truly know what you excel at. If you don't know after graduating, then you focused a bit to much on extraneous things"

She would lean back and sit on a plumpe of air, floating casually.
"Power is many things. Yes, I could wipe out a good sixty percent of the Seireitei in a single shot, but that's just force. And force will only break and destroy if you don't know how to apply it. You are big, you've got good muscular structure and seem well to be a Warrior like Arkin and Hayden. But, how did you feel in your heart with the other stuff? Did the art of Shunpo fill you with elation? Did you love the fluid grace of Hakuda? The arcane capabilities of Kido?

You've spent six years in the place. You must have had some memories to focus on"

FLAME OF HOPE | END POST

Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:19 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

Hanako thought a moment about Ulv’s words. Sure, she learned a lot in the six years on the academy. But that was all that she learned. She had the six years of academy and a year of recuperation before that. That was it. Nothing came before that. As far as hanako was concerned she existed only since the day she woke up in a hospital bed. No experiences, no wisdom, nothing to guide her in her life since then.

“Sure, I like the feeling of a Shunpo, and flowing motions in martial art forms both with the sword and with bare hands are like meditating. I like the burning sensations you have in your muscles after training and the deep sleep you fall into in the evening.”

Deep and dreamless, she added in her thoughts.

“I like all of this as much as a means to an end as I like them as arts. But this...that is not all of it.”

Again she stopped. Again she realised, how hard it was for her to talk about all of this. The situation was immensely uncomfortable for Hanako and it showed in her whole body being tense. And it was less because of the presence of Ulv and her power, but more because Hanako didn’t know how to handle her own thoughts and emotions. A problem that haunted the big woman since forever. The forever she remembered, that is.

“I am not good at this. I don’t know how I can convey to you what I mean.”

Another one of her many flaws, as she saw it: She lacked experience in everything, including conversation, while Ulv seemed to be quite eloquent in comparison.

“Maybe it is that I lack the experience of life to put it all in perspective. I am like a textbook soldier, but nothing more. I know what I am good at, know some things I like. But that can’t be real strength. I want strength to fulfill my role here, to be useful, to contribute more than a footnote in someone else’s book. We Shinigami have a purpose, I want to fulfil that purpose. But how can I gain...I mean...argh, damnit.”

It frustrated her that she didn’t know how to say what she wanted to say. Maybe a class for conversational skills would be a good idea for the academy.
She realised that several groups of people walked past them and shot them awkward glances. A big, muscular woman in a maiden-dress and an even bigger woman in a Shihakusho, in front of the commander’s barracks. Hanako took a quick look around her and looked back at Ulv.

“I’d appreciate it if we could talk somewhere else.”

Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:16 am

Well, this was progress. Plus, not conflicting interests either. Shunpo and Hakuda were good together due to the energy control and martial readiness they both required. Add in Kendo and you had a nice little bundle of things to play with. Though she doubted herself it seemed, and Ulv would have to train her heart before they got to training her body.

"Why can't it be? If you know what you want, why you want it, and enjoy getting it, why isn't that perfection? Just getting strong does nothing to help you on the being noticed front. There was a Shinigami called Mirja, who's power was cataclysmic. To the point the King of Vastime didn't relish the prospect of facing her in battle. And yet, she was still just a footnote in someone else's book. Doing what you enjoy, getting noticed for doing it, making friends, growing as a person. That is how you earn a page in the annuals of history"

Ulv would then glance about the crowd. She thought about scattering them for a moment but Abalia would probably not like that, so she simply gave a delightful curtsey.
"Lead the way, Miss Hanako"

FLAME OF HOPE | END POST

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum