Joined : 2016-10-29
Posts : 360
Karma : 5
Age : 18
Location : The Dance Floor
|Subject Post 1Subject: Riku Nanika [6-0; Rank F Hazard] Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:22 am|| |
○ Name: Riku Nanika
○ Titles: Suke-san
○ Age: 17
○ Birthday: March 17th
○ Gender: Female
○ Race: Powerless Human
○ Affiliation: Herself, Karakura High School
○ Alignment: Chaotic Good
○ Marital Status: Single
○ Nationality: Japanese
○ Religious Standing: Agnostic
○ Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
○ Height: 5'10"
○ Weight: 145 lbs
○ Hair Colour: Black and various other colors
○ Eye Colour: Green
Psychological Analysis○ Familiar
One of Riku's few good traits, or at least she thinks, is her approach ability. As her classmates can attest to, while Riku looks scary and intimidating, she's actually a really nice girl once you get to know her, though if you've never talked to her before that would be quite difficult. Because of her wild appearance, there tends to be rumors and such that spread about her, which is how she got her nickname as it is derived from Sukeban and the people that actually knew her used to call her it jokingly.○ Organized
Riku has many faults, she's willing to admit that. There are many things that someone can say about her to really get to here, but if there's one thing she will refuse to be called, it's messy.○ Artistic
Riku is a firm believer of keeping the spaces in her life clean, from her home to her work space, as a clean environment helps her emotionally. If you were to ask her about where she got this idea from, she'd say from a magazine somewhere, but since then it has rung true to her. So, whenever there is someone that comes over to her place, they would more than likely notices how clean it is, so much so that it doesn't really look like anyone lives there. It should be noted that Riku is the type of organized that doesn't really have to clean any mess since she tries to not make any at all, putting things where they should be at the moment instead of doing it later.
Probably one of her more defining traits. Riku has an artistic eye and just likes looking at pretty things. This hobby has extended to her interests, fueling her drive to become an artist and the cause for her to spread out her skills and take up photography and other artistic outlets as well.○ Skeptical
This translates into her everyday life through the medium of fashion. It's kind of obvious in the fact that since she likes pretty things, she's going to make herself beautiful. There have been many times where she's spent hours deciding on what makeup to put on or what to wear. School has been her saving grace because all she has to do is put on her school uniform, a jacket, and leggings.
Part skepticism, part stubbornness, Riku is the type of person to not believe something unless she sees it with her own eyes. Not having the power to see ghosts, as one would expect, means that she doesn't believe ghosts and the spiritual no matter how much people will tell her about it. This tends to annoy the hell out of people because she will deny facts because they are not real to her, which means that he perception of reality and facts are different and contrast a majority of the populations.
The Story So Far--
All in all, Riku has had a normal life, which is to be expected of a normal person.
She was born as the first daughter to Kaito and Sakura Nanika a year into their marriage. Her father was actually a latent user of the Attila Factor that never activated, so he ended up passing it along to all of his children except for one. She was given the name Riku, or land, not because of the meaning but because it was a fine sounding name at the time. One thing people should know about Kaito and Sakura is that they aren't very good with names, and Riku is the perfect example of that.
Anyways, as stated before, there's not much to Riku's upbringing. Growing up, she was a loving and playful older sister and child, often being her parent's declared favorite in hopes that it would encourage the others to be better. Most of her friends were boys, and she was labeled as a tomboy by those close to her, but she personally didn't see it that way. In actuality, she just found other girls unbearable to be around because she just didn't want to deal with the drama that normally ensues. When she was 10 years old, Riku awakened her power to use the Attila Factor when she was playing around with her friends and fell off of a bridge. The Factor activated and cushioned her fall, turning a dangerous fall for a ten year old into something akin to a dive in a swimming pool. Since then, she's been testing the water to see what she can do with it and how it would help her in her everyday life. After figuring out it wasn't going to be very practical, she hasn't increased her ability but has maintained what she could do prior. Today, she's just living her life out as any teenage girl would, but that might be subject to change...
SUPERNATURAL ABILITIES○ Spiritually Incapable:
So to start off, Riku was never born with the ability to see spirits. As she grew up and her Attila factor developed further, it would passively deflect any form of spiritual energy that tried to enter her soul, denying an form of naturally acquiring spiritual awareness. At this point, because of her mastery, even a forceful attempt to give her spiritual powers can be reflected subconsciously. This is a sort of ability that is always on and she doesn't know how to turn it off.○ The Attila Factor:
Sometimes known as GUTS, it is an ancient trait that is passed down through genetics, though the original beings that had this trait are said to be now extinct. In the past, those with this trait were much more common and many seemed to have this trait, though due to it’s dangerous tolls on the human body, humans slowly evolved to combat it until it became rare and only possible through a genetic mutation. It's known as the Attila factor as it's believed that Attila the Hun was one of the earliest successful users of the gene, using it to have an advantage in is wars.
The Attila Factor allows the person to trade their life, mental and physical state, and willpower to fuel them. Most don’t live past 50, and the closer the person gets to their expiration date the less effective and reliable the factor becomes. Those with a weaker mental state tend to live the longest but have also the weakest form of the factor while those with a strong mind can master and even mold their will into devastating attacks in exchange for years off their life. Just having this ability makes having Durability obsolete as it can substitute for it.
○ Hero: Hero is known as the weakest and most common form of the factor. Being known as the one of the few levels that is purely defensive but is also praised due to its low strain on the user, it is seen differently between all users but all cannot deny its usefulness. Even one with beginner level willpower would able to maintain Hero, though with some difficulties. It requires a certain level of concentration to keep active, though anyone with a higher level in willpower is able to have it on passively without any major repercussions.
Once active, Hero gives it’s user a very slim barrier around their skin, protecting them from very light scratches, minor burns, and about 100 pounds of force. Granted it probably won’t give much of a combat advantage, it does protect the user from everyday harm and weapons such as knives and semi-large rocks if they were to ever be surprised by an enemy.
○ Butterfly Effect: Riku's personal manifestation of the Attila factor and the general theme of her abilities. Whenever Riku uses an ability that is derived from the Butterfly Effect, her willpower will manifest into constructs in the shape of butterflies.
To put it simply, Butterfly Effect gives Riku the ability to manipulate time, but it's time in relevance to objects. There are a few set rules that this ability has to it hat Riku is required to follow, or else her ability does not work. The first is, she cannot speed up or slow down living things to or from death. With that being said, the next rule is that when she's using Butterfly Effect on a living thing, it is only temporary. For example, if she was to slow down a person in time, they would only be slowed for a few seconds. If she were to speed up a person through time, they would slow down. The next rule is that she cannot put a living person at a different point in time, only objects. Example: If she were to put a mouse in the past, it would slingshot to the present at a speed incomprehensible to modern man and kill it. Depending on how far back or forward, the return process could erase them from time completely. Objects, however, are fine with skipping through time as the return process is near instant no matter where she sends it.
It should be stated that for any of the following abilities to be used in combat, there must be an agreement OOC. This would normally be a given for any form of combat, but due to the nature of her powers the person must know what they are getting into and agree to it.
○ Blink: One of those item-only abilities that she has. Riku takes something, and then throws it. The item then disappears either forwards in time 5 seconds. 5 seconds later, it comes back to her hand, making it seem like she made said object disappear from existence for a mere moment.
○ Metronome: A variant of Blink, where instead of sending an item through time once, she does it constantly with one item. Every 2 seconds, she takes an item and sends it two seconds in the future, and does this on repeat. Due to the minuscule amount of time that she's altering she can do this for quite a while before needing to stop. This has a duration of 3 posts of this constant sending forth.
SKILLS SHEETS AND INFORMATIONGeneral Skills
Human Reiatsu Sheet
- Durability: Elite/Advanced/Adept/Trained/Beginner/Untrained
- General Speed: Elite/Advanced/Adept/Beginner/Untrained
- Strength: Elite/Advanced/Adept/Beginner/Untrained
- Weapon Skill: Elite/Advanced/Adept/Beginner/Untrained
- Power Control: Elite/Advanced/Adept/Beginner/Untrained
- Energy Usage/Regeneration: Elite/Advanced/Adept/Beginner/Untrained
- Energy Resistance/Endurance: Elite/Advanced/Adept/Beginner/Untrained
- Physical Augmentation: Elite/Advanced/Adept/Beginner/Untrained
- Willpower/Determination: Elite/Advanced/Adept/Beginner/Untrained
- Mental Deduction: Elite/Advanced/Adept/Beginner/Untrained
- Focus: Elite/Advanced/Adept/Beginner/Untrained
Joined : 2010-06-03
Posts : 17394
Karma : 216
Age : 27
Location : Purgatory
|Subject Post 2Subject: Re: Riku Nanika [6-0; Rank F Hazard] Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:11 pm|| |
- Name [X]
- Appropriate Age [X]
- Gender [X]
- Appearance Present [X]
- Appearance Described in Appropriate Length OR Picture is Visible [X]
- Appearance is Not Claimed [X]
- 10 sentences for personality [X]
- History is of appropriate length [X]
- Powers are not Godmod/Overpowered [X]
- Powers are described reasonably enough [X]
- Application/RP Sample is not in First Person [X]
- Skills are not filled in[X]
- RP Sample Present (Omit if this is not the first character) [X]
- RP Sample is 10 sentences [X]
- Willpower/Determination: Beginner
- Mental Deduction: Beginner
- Focus: Beginner
- Power:D Rank
- Influence: F Rank
- Resources: F Rank
Comments/Notes: I'm giving the character these ratings as I feel this is a character that is meant to be built-up and progressed over time. If you have an issue with the judgment given, then feel free to contact me. Otherwise, I'm approving it.
Hazard Rating: D Rank