Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Through The Dark [Shintaro/Hannah] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue42100/16000Through The Dark [Shintaro/Hannah] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

Through The Dark [Shintaro/Hannah] - Page 2 Empty Re: Through The Dark [Shintaro/Hannah]

Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:09 am
[CLICK THE POSTING MUSIC IN THE YOUTUBE BAR]

THE BLIND KUCHIKI

Enter Shintaro Kuchiki

ロイヤルデーモン

Through The Dark [Shintaro/Hannah] - Page 2 6EdIfMt

"..Not my intended implication..."

Shintaro would dip his head to the side, an awkward feeling washing over him as he would sigh, then right himself, soon hearing Hannah question why he would turn to a woman he merely heard about rather than reach into his resources to just find a Kido teacher in Soul Society. Shintaro cringed slightly at just another reminder of his supposed place and authority, feeling a silent shame that he would then swallow. To that, Shintaro would sigh, dip his head, his tone soft as he spoke,

"A few reasons; I've come to believe that, for some instances, the best teachers in life are those not of the conventional path, both persons and experiences. I did not decide to specifically join the medical branch on a whim. Through... A tragedy, I learned my talents were better placed in healing than direct combat most times. Though I still learned to properly fight, despite my impairment, regardless. Even joining the Kido Corps wasn't a whim of will."

He would walk closer to Hannah, his body language calm as he continued, "Though it may sound like a stupid sentiment, I feel the woman who had quite the colorful absence would have picked up and developed many things on her own that a typical teacher within Soul Society likely would have never achieved. From what I gather, your history must have been rough, but despite it you came out on top. That is admirable, ma'am. I would like someone strong in character like you to teach me; You've managed to surprise me twice so far, my curiosity is piqued. Though, I have one question,"

He leaned in a bit, as if inspecting a moment, "..What caused your eyes to become damaged? Are you unable to restore your sight?"

Code By:
[THEFROST]
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Through The Dark [Shintaro/Hannah] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue398349/999999Through The Dark [Shintaro/Hannah] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Through The Dark [Shintaro/Hannah] - Page 2 Empty Re: Through The Dark [Shintaro/Hannah]

Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:39 am

The Grand Witch

Hannah Chiza

Hannah looked to him and raised an eyebrow as he called her current situation 'on top'.

"I don't want to know your criteria if you think a small apartment I don't even own and a body that can hardly carry the shopping home is 'on top'. But no, the best teachers in life are those who are teachers in life. You might get lucky once in a while, but generally skill in the art doesn't translate to teaching that skill in the art.

Though, most who are skilled at Kaido are skilled at Kido. They are two sides of the same coin after all. If you can heal then you can kill, and if you can kill then you can heal. It all just depends on your personality. Some people can't handle the fire of war and all the skill in the world doesn't do anything for them on that front"

She would then look back to him and give a smile that was reminiscent of her spiritual predecessor Unohana. Unnerving and decidedly not at all comfortable.
"They were cut out by a group of Shinigami who were trying to kill me following their personal assumptions about my activity in the Demonic Incursion. I don't know if they just so happened to catch me there or if there was the intent, but it happened none the less"

Coding Altered From: [The Frost]
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Through The Dark [Shintaro/Hannah] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue42100/16000Through The Dark [Shintaro/Hannah] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:12 am

THE BLIND KUCHIKI

Enter Shintaro Kuchiki

ロイヤルデーモン

Shintaro tilted his head slightly as she refuted his compliment, the young man sighing, "..Well I meant more strength of character but.. Fair I suppose.."

He silently listened to the woman's speech, blinking slowly in his silence as he heeded her words. While he may not have saw eye to eye on everything she said, he understood where the woman was coming from. Though, when he asked his final question, he felt a chill go down his spine; God that sensation felt eerily familiar..

"... I see. Those were... Very messy times. No wonder you dislike Shinigami... I may not have done what you did in an instance like that, but I believe I understand why.. But, again, are you not able to heal your own eyes?"

He was still curious of why she was not able to fix her eyes, but then went back to the previous subject, "..Going back, if that's what you believe, then are you one who can teach?"

Code By:
[THEFROST]
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Through The Dark [Shintaro/Hannah] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue398349/999999Through The Dark [Shintaro/Hannah] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:22 am

The Grand Witch

Hannah Chiza

"You can only heal a wound once, with Kaido. If you make a mess of the healing you can't go back later and do it again. It's healed, and you can't heal healthy flesh. At the time, I didn't have the right head or the right frame of mind to heal my eyesight properly. It's a very finicky thing, eyesight. So I healed the face value wound I got but my eyes stayed blind. Were I to get a transplant and connect my reiryoku to the new eyes, then I would see again. But that is a lot of expense I can't afford.

Which, is why I am surprised you are blind. Kuchiki Clan could buy whatever they want and the doctor to get it installed in a snap. Transplanted eyes, Cybermind replacements, radically esoteric custom built stuff. Takehiko managed to get his slashed out throat fixed so there was no issue, and from what I hear he's not the only one who's been severely wounded and recovered just fine. All this lack of noble privilege makes me wonder your connection to the clan" Hannah would then modify a Horin to create a prehensile rope of energy that grasped the shopping and put it away in the cupboards.

"And yes, going back to that. I don't know. I've never tried to teach. Which makes me a terrible option, much like going to see a doctor an anatomy about him doing heart surgery on you"

Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:10 pm

THE BLIND KUCHIKI

Enter Shintaro Kuchiki

ロイヤルデーモン

".. I understand. I'm.. So sorry that happened."

He couldn't imagine being in a scenario where previous comrades were suddenly turning to kill you, crippling you in the process. It sounded horrid all around. He knew the struggle of war, but not that kind of struggle; of course she would lose faith in trusting Shinigami with an occurrence like that. Though soon after she would go onto saying while there was a way to restore her sight, but she merely was too poor to afford it. That's right, implants and such were possible in this age, but by her word that this wasn't even her own home, of course she wouldn't afford it.

Though, as she was curious as of why he didn't have that sort of surgery done on himself, he wasn't taken aback in any sort of shocking realization, merely sighing and dipping his head, "Because I was never injured. I was born blind; there wasn't any deformity or disease, my eyes.. Just did not work. I was born far before this technology was available, so I lived part of my life being unable to see at all, being frustrated and angry that I couldn't be like my siblings. But, I discovered my sharp senses, and had teachers to aid me in creating a sight of my own. I've lived life on my spiritual senses."

His cane was pointed down as he had both hands on it, sighing gently, "It isn't as if I have never contemplated it before. One of my sisters had asked why I didn't get some form of implant. Among being unsure if it would even work due to my natural blindness, I.. Would have to knock all of my progress down to the dirt, learning how to see all over again. What I have now is all i've known, I imagine it would be far more crippling to be given an additional sense I.. Simply never had. It isn't as if my current state is unlivable, i've had a lifetime of learning how to see how I can, you only have had a few years. I may not be able to experience color or beauty, but i've made peace with it; The only reason I would ever wish for even the slightest moment of sight is long dead."

He would sigh sadly, dipping his head in remorse as he would speak once more, "It isn't that I lack authority.. I just... Do not exercise it. I do not believe I deserve the privilege outside of certain circumstances, namely for others rather than myself," The man was quiet for a moment,

"But on that merit, I.. Could see to having your vision restored..." The man sounded nervous as he spoke, "..Even if I don't believe I deserve any authority within my family, you've been done a great injustice. I'm not expecting anything in return for it, not even training if you truly do not wish to. In regards to that, I merely ask you to try. I don't believe you to be a terrible option; How can you know that if you've never done it? This isn't surgery, it's Kido, nowhere near as invasive, and i'm certain you're competent enough with it to not make fatal errors."

He would sigh, closing his eyes, "...But I am very serious on making an arrangement for your sight to be restored. What happened to you was.. So cruel," His voice wavered with emotion for a bit, "I expect nothing in return, even if you just take the surgery and run off into the horizon, never to be seen again, I don't care. Some good should come your way, the only thing I can ask of you is to trust that I wouldn't wish to see you harmed."

Code By:
[THEFROST]
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:27 pm

The Grand Witch

Hannah Chiza

"Natural blindness, unnatural blindness. It doesn't matter why you are blind, a new set of eyes works perfectly well regardless. And you say you are older than the technology which means...you spent over three hundred years shufling about your fabulous mansion before deciding to actually do something with your life, huh? And besides, you were born into the Kuchiki clan. That's about all you needed to do to deserve the privilege of being a Noble. If nobody was ever allowed to lean on their ancestors for support, nothing would ever be done and we'd be in a state of static life forever.

Then of course, after saying he didn't deserve it, he immediately went about trying to flaunt it, which made Hannah roll her blind eyes.
"Pfft, then what? I've not a workaround that is fine, and being able to see isn't going to stop my body being made out of cardboard, nor is it going to stop the enmity I feel towards them, nor they to me. Not only is it an expensive physical and spiritual surgery to enact, but it's also a waste of time. Do your own if you are going to do any. Sight is an easy sense to learn. You've clearly got a sharp, high definition sense of your surroundings, all you are doing is colouring it in"

She'd finish up on putting everything away, and then smile. Of course, Kido was no problem at all, huh?
"Mmm, so I teach you to do a trick like this" she would create a large Shakaho in her palm as she spoke "And then you lose control and it explodes" The Shakaho would then explode. Which would cause considerable damage had Hannah not bent a Danku around it to contain the blow beforehand. "And bad ever happened because of it. There is a reason the academy is six years of learning it, after all. Once you've learned there all there is left is experience. You want to flex those muscles and see the effects of what your Hadō and Bakudo can do in combat then I will certainly help you there. But, I can't teach you anything more because I am not a teacher, so I don't know what there is too teach. Everything I know has just been talent and experimentation. Hardly explicable"

Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:27 pm

THE BLIND KUCHIKI

Enter Shintaro Kuchiki

ロイヤルデーモン

Shintaro's gentle smile faded as the woman went about with her assumptions on his life, his decisions, and more. He would sink into silence as he let her prattle on, his eyes shutting as his fingers gripped his cane tightly. It took a great level of self control to not go off at a mere heartbeat, rather deciding to hear out the full extent of what she had to say before even breathing a peep in response. He was certainly upset, emotions bubbling in him as she ceased her words.

"..Born into privilege, huh?"
A small, sad laugh left the man's lips, "You are correct, I am a Kuchiki, a family of prestige, though you say that as if by being born to nobility, I know no hardship or struggle."

He slowly righted himself, tightly grasping his gently trembling Zanpakuto, as he continued, "By such logic, if I was born into privilege, why was I labeled a damaged, useless child? Why did my siblings torment me with that fact in our youth, modelling after our father who didn't even wish to see me for how shameful my existence was to him? Why did nobody but my mother give me reassurance and comfort? Why did I have to fight tooth and nail, from childhood, to prove that I am not a useless piece of trash that, if not for my mother's insistence, would have been quietly disposed of?"

Shintaro's eyes had tears rolling down them, his voice growing more and more tense, having to pause from the whelming of emotion, "If being born a Kuchiki meant my life was easy, I would be at home, unable to see even an inch in front of me, smacking my face into walls for the rest of my life. I did not spend over three hundred years shuffling about my family home waiting for a life to be thrown onto my lap, I spent over three hundred years learning to and proving myself worthy of living a respectable, dignified life, ma'am. Even if i've worked to have any manner of respect.. Those old feelings of unworthiness stick to me like a sickness."

He would pace a little bit, slowly walking as he continued, "I only offered aid under the assumption that you only hadn't regained your sight by now was due to expenses. For the unjust cruelty inflicted, it only seemed right to push for some kindness to be done unto you, but if you are unwilling to take it, then that is fine. I have no quarrel, I merely was willing to push whatever influence I possessed to help you. As far as sight merely being a 'filling in the lines', let's say your weak body was fixable with a surgery. Does that mean the years and years of cautious movements and memories of bodily trauma will just miraculously disappear? While such a scenario likely will be difficult to replicate, I do not think you will not cringe if you were to hold a bag of groceries in a way that previously hurt you. You would have to unlearn and then relearn your strengthened body. Our impairments may not be wholly comparable, but I hope you at least understand what I mean, ma'am."

His expansive gaze would peer to the kitchen, "Speaking of such, I'm willing to help you with that when I can, so you don't have to walk around risking harm to yourself. I don't care what you think of me. I'm sorry your body is that way."

He would cease his pacing in front of her once again, "As far as Kido, i'm not wholly incompetent. If I become injured from something like that, the blame of injury is completely on myself for not being careful. I once again ask you, to try, at least try, before saying you can't."

Code By:
[THEFROST]
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:05 pm

The Grand Witch

Hannah Chiza

"Because you, like myself, learned early the world is very cruel. Nobles worst of all. Power and privilege simply hone the vices and darkness in one's soul, such that you kill a young girl's family just to have a clear shot at courting her" Hannah spoke, and then looked up at him, with a quizzical expression on her face.

"Three hundred years? Really? Gods, it took me twelve months, on top of trying to get over the fact I was blind and the fact of why I was blind and the fact that the stench of burning flesh was the most revolting thing I have ever smelled in all my life. And the fact that I lost my Zanpaktou, and with it my spirit who had been the closest confidant I have ever had" Hannah shook her head. Guy could cry wolf if he wanted to but he was hardly the only person to ever suffer in life.

"You wanna fix all the unjust cruelties I have ever faced, I'll write you a list. Said minor noble who killed my parents, the interment camp I spent nearly a year in as a slave, the fact that nobody came looking for me after I disappeared on patrol, and then we can talk.

Plus, sure. If you were actually blind your commentary might hold some semblance of weight. But you've got better sight than I do. You aren't jumping in full bodied, you are barely gaining anything of note. Because you had teachers to help you along and a mother who supported you and despite your complaints, a Clan who's prestige and power you can and did use to get those teachers in the first place. Don't come complaining to me that your life was similar to the life of most other people, when you lived in luxury with servants and opulence since you were born"

Hannah didn't address the topic of training or teaching because...well right now the situation had turned a bit from that and she wasn't sure he was going to want to stick around.

Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:55 pm

THE BLIND KUCHIKI

Enter Shintaro Kuchiki

ロイヤルデーモン

Shintaro's face twisted in shock at the woman's mentioning of a courting noble murdering her family. A gentle, shocked gasp could have been heard from him. He remained silence, face resting into contemplation as the woman went on about the contents of her own suffering, and then onto how his own weren't nearly as comparable to her's or most other's. After she was done speaking, he sighed softly, laying his Zanpakuto to his side, and then sinking into a bow.

"I am deeply sorry for my outburst,"

Tears still ran down the man's face, his head lowered the floor as he continued, "I let my emotions get the better of me. You.. Are right, I shouldn't be comparing my life to yours like a petulant child. And in regards to that, I am so sorry you had to go through all of that.. That is awful. As far as I am concerned, the Noble Families and Gotei have failed you. I wish I could fix any of that, but regrettably the past cannot be erased."

His head dipped lower, "Please forgive my incompetence. I came here to learn from you, not wail about like a small child."

Code By:
[THEFROST]
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:04 pm

The Grand Witch

Hannah Chiza

"Delight is a feather. Despair, a mountain. We all like to think ours is worst and that makes us entitled to the world giving us free rides. But the truth is, everyone has their own problems, and nobody wants to hear yours. That comes so much later when you are close in heart and soul" Hannah would reach out a hand and pat Shintaro's head gently, before exhaling. T'was not his fault that she was as she was, so there was little point punishing him for it.

"So, what exactly do you want to know? I can't teach much because of the way I learned, but what I can teach, I am happy to offer"

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum