Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Goodbye Nostalgia [Ichijou/Vanyel] Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Goodbye Nostalgia [Ichijou/Vanyel] Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Goodbye Nostalgia [Ichijou/Vanyel] Empty Goodbye Nostalgia [Ichijou/Vanyel]

Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:37 pm

Goodbye Nostalgia [Ichijou/Vanyel] 6EdIfMt

ENTER THE MEGALOMANIAC

Artist: Solidude - Song: Baka Mitai (Jazz)

Karakura City -- one of the places he had taken refuge after running away from home, before being adopted into the Kudo-kai and taken to Kitakyushu. Leaning over a bridge of a nearby park in the city, Vanyel stared into the clear water, sighing softly. It felt like it was so long ago, those days in the yakuza -- a place where he was welcomed with opened arms and warmth, having brothers to talk to and have fun with.

Six years had never felt so long until now.

Despite the memories this place held for him, there was still a beauty to Japan that he hadn't been able to appreciate until now. A gentle smile came across his face as he pushed himself back upright, turning to walk the rest of the way across the bridge. The place hadn't really changed much since he had last been there -- not that he could see, at least. He took a few cursory glances at those he saw crossing the bridge from the other side.

Stepping onto the other side and beginning to turn the corner around and away from the park, he pondered and thought. Maybe he could have a smoke for old time's sake, back when he and his sworn brother would walk through the streets, idly talking. But, there was something else that he could remember from walking down these streets -- it was a fuzzy memory, not one that he was able to call on exactly, but there was something about these streets that made him feel a strange sense of warm nostalgia.

A quiet hum came from the man as he pulled out his phone, looking down at his hand as he walked, idly checking the device as he walked down the street, tucking it into his pocket as he noticed the flashing neon light of a sign to the side. A grin spread across his face as he looked up at the arcade sign. While the concept of arcade cabinets and old video games had long since gone out of mainstream style, Vanyel knew that there were a few select places in the world that preserved the cultural icon.

While they were mildly expensive nowadays from how rare they were, Vanyel was more than willing to shell out the extra cash for a chance at this age-old cultural sentiment. Walking in and paying for two hours, Vanyel walked around and browsed the cabinets, seeing someone else at one of the fighting game cabinets, playing against the AI. Shrugging, he walked up to the girl, lightly tapping on the cabinet.

"Mind if I play you in the next match?"

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Last edited by Henrex on Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Goodbye Nostalgia [Ichijou/Vanyel] Left_bar_bleue0/0Goodbye Nostalgia [Ichijou/Vanyel] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Goodbye Nostalgia [Ichijou/Vanyel] Empty Re: Goodbye Nostalgia [Ichijou/Vanyel]

Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:06 pm

BLOODY REBELLION

ICHIJOU MUIRA

Even though retro games had clearly went out of fashion - a result no doubt brought on by the various advancements in technology and the evolution of virtual reality, there was a distinct group who still admired and valued the simplicity of playing through a set number of levels and achieving a high score or beating a final boss when no one else did.

A distinct group who felt that the art of Arcade games and their timeless grace ought to be honored, engraved until the end of time. To the fang-toothed extraordinaire tapping vigorously against the buttons while moving the stick, arcade games were so much better than what was doled out to the current generation. There was heart, there was moxy! There was a passion for medium and developers utilized the technology of their day to bring out the best result. Nowadays if you didn't indulge in virtual reality, video games had simply grown... dull.

"The classics will never die, though!" She exclaimed as she executed a well-timed combo that allowed her to beat the final boss, settling a long battle with this cabinet she hadn't finished ever since she met the love of her life in Kokuto.

"Ya know' I still wonda' how comical fete' has to be for a demon and a vamp' to meet' and fall in' love. He did' a numba' on me in our first night of even knowin' each otha' but---"

She felt a light tap on her shoulder, prompting her to turn around. It was simply a man offering to challenge her once she was finished. Gazing closely at him, she blinked, almost as if she felt a familiarity about him but she brushed off and moved aside.

"Shure, toots! I'll take ya on'! Name's Ichijou Miura. Winner has ta' treat the otha' to some grub because i'm starvin'. Food tastes even' betta when ya don't have to pay fore for it - wouldn't ya agree, stranger?"

Coding Altered From: [THEFROST]'s

Last edited by Iori on Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:15 am; edited 3 times in total
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Goodbye Nostalgia [Ichijou/Vanyel] Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Goodbye Nostalgia [Ichijou/Vanyel] Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:54 pm

ENTER THE MEGALOMANIAC

Artist: Andrew Portlier - Song: A Good Person

Even if arcades had long since fallen out of the public sphere, there was something exciting about the older technology -- a piece of history that still remained engaging and loveable to the current day. But, just as it had seemed in the prime of these machines, the characters they seemed to attract were also fairly interesting and eccentric.

Vanyel blinked a few times as he quietly observed the girl in front of the cabinet, seeming to ramble and exclaim random thoughts as they came to her head, spouting about how the classics would never die, to something about a demon and a vampire hooking up. As her thoughts continued to spill out, Vanyel quietly clicked his tongue and turned around, pulling out his phone. He...probably -- no, he definitely -- shouldn't be hearing this stuff.

But, as the girl promptly turned around and accepted his offer, he found himself grinning, rolling his eyes, and shaking his head at the little "condition" that she set on the match. The little shit was lucky he had some money on him that he could use. Regardless, Vanyel shrugged and nodded, pointing to a nearby fighting game cabinet.

"Man you're a little shit, you know that? But, whatever, I'm game."

Cracking his knuckles and walking a short distance away, beckoning the little vampire to follow, Vanyel loaded up a two-player session of Mortal Kombat.

"Best of three matches? Gives us time to work up an appetite, and have more time to kick the other's ass."

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Last edited by Henrex on Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Goodbye Nostalgia [Ichijou/Vanyel] Left_bar_bleue0/0Goodbye Nostalgia [Ichijou/Vanyel] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:23 pm

BLOODY REBELLION

ICHIJOU MUIRA

"Hahaha! Yea, yea! I know! I am a little shit. A little shit' whose tryna' beat ya and win me' a free meal off of ya'. "

Ichijou grinned widely as she spun around while she observed Vanyel's appearance. He seemed to belong to the race of demons from the way his energy felt but his appearance - she could not help but shake the fact that something felt so familiar about him.

Shrugging the thought off, Ichijou nodded her head in acceptance towards his challenge. She loved a good game of Mortal kombat, especially the classic shit. Toasty! God, she'd never stop chuckling at how they put one of the game developers in the game whenever you did a really devastating combo. Clever lads, those guys were. Anywho, Ichijou walked over and tapped at the cabinet before placing her fingers against the buttons, gazing up at the white-haired male.

"Oh, I forgot to introduce my adorable ole' butt. I'm Ichijou Miura. And since I dun' wanna keep callin' ya stranga' - would ya mind tellin me yours~?"

Last edited by Iori[Chronos] on Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:34 pm

ENTER THE MEGALOMANIAC

Artist: Andrew Portlier - Song: A Good Person

The demon couldn't help but snicker a little as Ichijou had no problem admitting that she was, indeed, a little shit that was trying to get a free meal. Hey, at least she was honest about it. Couldn't fault her for that, now could he? Shaking his head lightly and scoffing quietly, his hands hovered over the buttons and the control stick, mumbling quietly to himself

"Round one, eh?"

Reaching down and lightly ruffling Ichijou's hair, he paused for a moment, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Vanyel Xiaoyang. Though, guess it's gonna turn into Vanyel Asthavon soon, since, uh...I'm gettin' hitched. But, yeah, Vanyel. The last name doesn't really matter too much. Nice to meet you, Ichi...jou."

He trailed off in the middle of her name, glancing at the girl with a puzzled look. Something about that name sounded familiar. But, he shrugged it off. Names weren't always unique, there were probably a bunch of people with the same name as her that he had heard of during his time in Japan, and that was probably where he had heard it from. Nevertheless, Vanyel started up the cabinet and the character screen popped up.

Wasting no time, the man immediately moved to select Scorpion, glancing over at Ichijou to see her reaction, as well as to glance at the screen to see her pick.

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Last edited by Henrex on Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:47 pm

BLOODY REBELLION

ICHIJOU MUIRA

Ichijou giggled as the demon ruffled her hair, introducing himself in the process. Ah, an Asthavon? Kokuto had spoken of them on a few occassions in the past. In his words, the family was certainly a flawed one - there were good apples and incredibly rotten ones, too. The basket varied.

Huh, to think she'd be meeting somebody who planned on marrying one of them? Fate was a peculiar one, wasn't she? Still, she couldn't shake the sense of familiarity she felt in having her hair ruffled by him. Was he someone she knew and forgot about?

Whatever. She had to win to get a free meal. Grinning at his choice of scorpion, she stood beside him and chose Sub-Zero, his canonical rival. Before they started, she could not help but inquire on which of the family members he'd be calling his wife.

"My lova' - Kokuto - knows the Asthavons. Never thought I'd meet one who is getting married to one. Who's the lucky lady? It might surprise ya' but I think I mighta' met the girl' before."

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:22 pm

ENTER THE MEGALOMANIAC

Artist: Andrew Portlier - Song: A good Person

As the girl started to prod as to who the "lucky lady" that he was getting hitched to was, Vanyel glanced at the screen as a small sound cue played, seeing that the girl had gone with the timeless rivalry of Mortal Kombat's history: Scorpion and Sub-Zero. Rolling his eyes as he half-expected the choice, Vanyel turned around and leaned against the cabinet, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Her name's Calypso Asthavon. Slightly shorter than me, white hair, adorable as hell."

He gave an awkward grin, pausing for a moment before turning to face the cabinet again.

"She gets around a lot, so I wouldn't be surprised if you met her. She's met a lot of people and got a lot of friends."

He scoffed softly, looking down at the controls and letting his hands hover over the joystick and buttons. His eyes briefly glanced at his sleeves, and his fingers instinctively curled up, his smile fading. It still felt so surreal that he was in the position that he was. A human turned demon, an ex-yakuza who somehow got someone to fall for him. Nevertheless, it was a life that he was more than happy to live.

"Still kinda surprising that she'd fall for some random old ex-yakuza like me. Though, if she hadn't come into my life, I sure as hell wouldn't be the same person I am right now."

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Last edited by Henrex on Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:23 am

BLOODY REBELLION

ICHIJOU MUIRA

Calypso... White hair... Adorable as hell...

Oh fuck. Oh fuck. Oh fuck! Ichijou actually recognized the image of the Asthavon in her mind and turned to Vanyel with a wide grin. She was impressed to know that he was marrying that woman. She recalled meetin' her in a forest where a cabin but that had been so long ago that she almost forgot about her until Vanyel mentioned her and listed a description.

"Bro'.. you might not' balieve this but I think I've met her before. It was long ago. I was travelin' through the forest recordin' myself along with the animals' and crossed paths with her'. She was hella shy' back then and not every talkative but seein' as she's gettin hitched with a handsome fella' like yaself... I'd say she made out nice."

Ichijou tilted her head as another curious question popped into her head. She had to quickly focus her attention on the gaming cabinet as the in-game announcer signaled the start of the game with a resounding "FIGHT!" and Ichijou took the initiative by unleashing a blast of ice with Sub-Zero.

"Do ya know' somebody named Kokuto' by any chance'~?"

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:21 pm

ENTER THE MEGALOMANIAC

Artist: KIRA - Song: Games

Judging from the wide grin and her facing him in the corner of his vision, he figured she had just remembered the face of his love. Chuckling softly, he nodded in response. It almost felt unreal, the amount of change that she had undergone between the time that he had met her, to now, them being engaged. He wasn't entirely surprised that she had met Calypso when she was more shy and withdrawn.

Oh, if only Ichijou could see her now.

Taking a deep breath as the digital, almost ancient voice of Shao Kahn sounded out the beginning of the round with a single word, Vanyel's prepared himself for either a fun and equal match against the girl or a leg-sweep spam combo. Frankly, both options were entirely possible. It was a funny and cheesy way of assuring victory, even in the older days of the cabinet, or, in modern days, in emulation.

But, at the small compliment of calling him handsome, Vanyel felt his face briefly flush, his concentration broke for a moment, and the little vampire would likely waste no time in using it to her advantage. Regardless, her question made him think for a moment. The name certainly sounded familiar -- he had heard it in passing with the Eris Family, and he was the one who came to get him when the Family came together in Demon World after Algos'...incident.

"Yeah, I've heard of him. Don't really know him all that well, but he's in the Eris Family, and he was basically my legs whenever I needed to get to Demon World. Either him, or whenever it was provided for me. Can't really go opening portals to a demonic hellscape when I'm just a human, can I?"

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Last edited by Henrex on Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:18 pm

BLOODY REBELLION

ICHIJOU MUIRA

"Huh. Guess we're not strangas' like that after all then, hm?" Ichijou would chuckle as she continued to play around and attack with Sub-Zero, alternating between an ice blast here or a string of kicks and punches. Ichijou was gaming strategically and not mindlessly. It made for good conversation not to button mash when you were conversing with someone else. She quite welcomed this conversation and she wanted to win that meal fair and square. It was nice to hear that Kokuto had helped him out. It was quite surprising to know they were apart of a family that held them together, too!

Still, she couldn't shake a familiarity she felt towards Vanyel. Ichijou simply continued to play the game, wondering what about him felt so familiar.

Last edited by Iori on Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum