Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Greedy Obsessions (Thara/Ari)  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Greedy Obsessions (Thara/Ari)  - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Greedy Obsessions (Thara/Ari)  - Page 2 Empty Re: Greedy Obsessions (Thara/Ari)

Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:34 pm

Greedy Obsessions (Thara/Ari)  - Page 2 6EdIfMt

DAUGHTER OF THE MOUNTAIN

Artist: Bleach OST - Song: Shadow's Masquerade

This bitch.

She invited her to this meeting to try and win her over with the bonds of sisterhood, and not only had she gone behind his back, but now she had the gall, the audacity, to blatantly ignore her, when, frankly, her thoughts and contribution to this discussion were some of the most important, given the circumstances and those involved. As she clenched her teeth, her fingers coiled tightly around her hairpin, a quiet growl rumbling in her throat.

As Thara continued to ignore her, Kitarune's patience was very quickly running thin. Eventually, she stood up, glaring at Thara as she clenched the hairpin so tightly her knuckles started to turn white, before she finally snapped, standing up and holding nothing back as she screamed:

"DON'T FUCKING IGNORE ME, BITCH!"

With a single mental command, the hairpin turned back into her Zanpakuto, and Kitarune spoke two more words, both of them containing vitriol and venom that would likely send shivers down both devil's backs, despite the lower tone than her previous outburst.

"Enchant, Jugenro."

The weapon immediately changed shape into a mage's staff, and as the Zanpakuto was released, her Shifter Form seemed to shatter as if it were an illusion, revealing the true, small, petite form of the mage as she slammed the staff down on the table, smashing through the material with relative ease as she seethed in placed, still glaring daggers at Thara.

"Wanna try and ignore THAT?!"

She lifted the staff, pointing it right at Thara as she gathered energy at the tip, a medium-sized fireball spinning to life at the end of the weapon as the heat in the room began to rise at a rapid pace.

"So, not only do you decide to pull this shit behind his back, but you decide to ignore the most important person in that regard, AND the person who can and will kill you if you keep trying to pull childish shit like this."

The fireball grew to its largest size, and the mage's spiritual pressure began to rack up, unleashing winds of pressure around her, lightly pushing away chairs and stirring any loose objects in the vicinity.

"If you hurt him or drive him away, don't think for a moment that I won't burn this place to the ground, and you're making that very likely by doing this behind his back, you fucking snake."

Template By:
[THEFROST]
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Greedy Obsessions (Thara/Ari)  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Greedy Obsessions (Thara/Ari)  - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:06 am

SCIONESS OF AVARICE

THARA

"I suppose you are correct, Arianda. But he has seemed stressed enough as it is and so I hardly wished to bother him with something I felt so certain about. I only wish to see him resting and enjoying his stay here." Thara would cross her arms as she set the glass down.

"The aspect that I embody. Ho~! It should be crystal clear, Ari, for I embody the timeless sin of g----" Before Thara could reveal the answer to the question Ari sought to conclude, Kitarune had exploded into a fit of rage that had alarmed the covetous demon as she screamed out.

"Wha-" There was hardly an ounce of time to reply as she activated her Zanpakuto. The image of a mature woman had seemingly shattered as she took on the form of a petite girl that was nonetheless frightening. In a flash, she smashed the table, causing the food and her wine glass to fall towards the floor. This action alone had alerted the servants as well as the guests. Even Emma peaked through the doorway wondering about the cause of the commotion.

The staff had generated a large fireball that still seemed to endlessly gather wind. Its aim was pointed at Thara and no one else. A person of strong composure would've likely stood up to the challenge and stood their ground on their matter.

Ah, but then, the covetous demon was no such creature. Merely hearing the word kill you with a staff that could legitimately do had caused her to slowly sink into the chair. A wave of anxiety had pulsated around the room, followed by a booming echo of an impending scream.

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. Kill? Kill? Kill me? Kill me? Killl me!? Kill me!? Kill me!? Kill me!? Kill me!? Kill me!? Kill me!? Kill me!? Kill me!? Kill me!? Kill me!? Kill me!? Kill me!?

As if on repeat her thoughts reverberated around the room, causing the guests, servants, and children to cover their ears. Emma hurriedly rushed towards the room to try and calm her down but...

She wanted to control it but... but this was too much. Thara's breathing had escalated to a point where she resembled a human going through a supremely severe panic attack. Her eyes were widened to a point where they might as well seemed to belong to the eyes of another rather than the once beautiful countenance of her own.

She fell from her chair as she backed away in a display that invited the pity of the guests. She appeared as a charismatic woman but the threat of death had brought her to a cowering state of horror.

The impending scream had burst forth from her mouth in a horrifying display as the castle swallowed her into its depths.

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. Kill? Kill? Kill me? Kill me? Killl me!? Kill me!? Kill me!? Kill me!? Kill me!? Kill me!? Kill me!? Kill me!? Kill me!? Kill me!? Kill me!? Kill me!? Kill me!?

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. Kill? Kill? Kill me? Kill me? Killl me!? Kill me!? Kill me!? Kill me!? Kill me!? Kill me!? Kill me!? Kill me!? Kill me!? Kill me!? Kill me!? Kill me!? Kill me!? Die? Die? Die? Die? I don't want to die. I don't want to die. I don't want to die. I don't want to die. I don't want to die. I don't want to die. I don't want to die.

That is what reverberated around the castle. That's all that reverberated around the castle. It was if as if she had disappeared entirely, leaving the mage and the benevolent demon with nothing but a chaotic cacophony of sounds.

Coding Altered From: [THEFROST]'s

Last edited by Iori[Chronos] on Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Greedy Obsessions (Thara/Ari)  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue128100/999999Greedy Obsessions (Thara/Ari)  - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (128100/999999)
Tiers:

Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:19 pm

The Angel of Conflict

ARIANDA VAEL

Artist: KAIRI - Song: Adrift in the Leaves

Just the start of Thara's answer was enough to tell Ari what she wanted. A Danava of Greed. That certainly wasn't the best kind of person to deal with in such a situation. However, before Arianda could even begin to think on that more, Kita had exploded into a fit of pure rage; one that even made Ari flinch slightly as she was forced to release Kita's hand. Kita's rage was not one you wished to be on the other end of; something Ari knew well. Magic was the least of one's concerns when Kita's staff, slaps, and her punches seemed to hurt more than the magic ever did; which would likely surprise someone given the woman's true form. Arianda let out a tiny sigh as Thara had the worst reaction possible.

Kita had positively scared the woman shitless. However, if he was quite infatuated with Thara now... Ari didn't want another chance of happiness stolen from the poor man. Arianda watched with a good deal of concern and sorrow coloring her vision. She felt a bit bad for Thara. After all, an angry Kita was a scary sight to behold. Not to mention, Arianda still was not the most adept at calming her darling girlfriend down. After Thara had collapsed with an ear-splitting scream, and faded into the depths of the castle, Arianda stood calmly and gently places her hand on Kita's; the same one that was on her staff. She looked towards Kita, a gaze full of meaning; imparting to her over their link just the tiniest bit of reassurance. Along with the request to stay here, for now. Not to mention, she slowly pulled Kita into a side hug to try and relax her. She smiled at Kita, silently shifting to her true form. If any knew her reputation as an ex-Archduchess, perhaps she would get some gasps; maybe even a few guests and servants scrambling away. However, Arianda paid them no mind as she deposited a gentle peck to Kita's cheek.

"Hun, I think that's enough. You got your message across... too well, it seems. Stay here, please; just for now. Breathe and try to calm yourself, catch up with me later; I'm going to try and find her. If what she says is true... if she truly does care for him... I won't let him lose the chance at love again."

Arianda gave Kita a warm smile, following a statement that would likely require explaining later. She smiled and kissed Kita's cheek again before she relinquished her hold on Kita's hand, as gentle as it was, and she moved towards the spot Thara had fallen as the castle reverberated and shook with her thoughts; so paralyzed with fear of death. Arianda frowned. It was impossible for her to not feel bad for the woman. She turned to look towards Kita, giving her a warm smile before she moved towards the little girl, Emma, ruffling her hair gently as she smiled warmly; like a mother would to her child.

"You wait here too, okay~? Wait to see if Thara comes back; help her for me, okay? I'll try to do what I can in the meanwhile."

She grinned at the little girl, ruffling her hair again before she told Kita, through their link, that everything would be fine. Afterwards, the demon made her way towards a corridor; walking aimlessly. She searched for a room, one where Thara's thoughts seemed the quietest; the calmest. It didn't matter what the room looked like; what mattered was how Thara was feeling. Eventually, Arianda would indeed pin down the room that felt the calmest; perhaps where Thara felt safest. Arianda smiled, gently running a hand along the wall; eventually stopping to smile in no direction in particular.

"Thara, hun; would you mind coming out~? I don't want to hurt you; Kita doesn't actually either. I promise. The man you care for... she's very protective of him; and she didn't really mean anything by it. So, please, come out and we'll talk; I can even give you a hug. I'm a great hugger; promise~ Just come out, and we can talk, alright~?"

Arianda continued to smile gently. If Thara was looking for dishonesty, she would find none from Ari. Perhaps the woman was waiting for a trap to be sprung; or something else even more diabolical. However, Arianda simply straightened the skirt of her dress, which looked suspiciously wing-like, and waited for Thara to emerge or speak to her. If Thara was truly honest about how she felt about this man, and if Ari was right about who it was; she wasn't going to let this opportunity go. Everyone deserved love, after all.

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Greedy Obsessions (Thara/Ari)  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Greedy Obsessions (Thara/Ari)  - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:24 am

SCIONESS OF AVARICE

THARA

The calmest room Arianda sought out was none other than the childish playroom she and Kita had gazed upon during their arrival towards the banquet hall. Emma and the other children had left the room after the ghastly screams that assaulted their ears.

There was no direct answer to Arianda. For, even within these walls, Thara was breathing as though her heart was ready to give out. There was fear. There was frustration.

There was... rage.

In a word, the room was a maelstrom of palpable emotions that could be felt on one's own skin. Surveying the room to find her was equally futile but one clue that stood out was the faint noise heard through the walls.

Thara was phasing through them. The castle was every bit a part of her existence by now. She would not exit these walls. She might die. She could die. Her head phased through the wall as she gazed at Arianda only to return to where she felt safe. An expression of fear that was no different than the one earlier was still pristine in her face if the Ex-Archduchess had bothered to catch but a glimpse.

The walls were angry. They sunk away from Ari's touch as the sounds grew louder. She could not trust her. She didn't want to trust her. What would stop her from killing her and taking him away? Was she a fool to believe that she could be a sister to a woman so violent? What made Arianda any different?

Why do I always come into contact with violent people!? Is my life so inconsequential!? Why is murder always the first thing people resort to when they disagree? I don't get it. I don't get it. You only wish to encroach upon my happiness. I don't trust you. I can't trust you. Burn my home? Burn MY home?! That fucking bitch... if I even had the power to crush her where she stood!

As if matching her anger, the walls shook with might that had caused the room to seem as if it were closing in on Arianda.

How dare she accuse me of being a snake. Abandoning him, ridiculing him, robbing him of his livelihood. It was hard enough to allow strangers into my home and now they want me dead. Hehehehehehe.... Hahahahahahahaha....

As if wanting to let the message be known, her thoughts had seized the entire castle with its volume.

WHY AM I SO FUCKING WEAK?! I JUST WANTED TO BE HAPPY. IF HE WAS SO REPULSED BY THE IDEA OF LOVING ME THEN WHY WAS I SO EASILY ABLE TO DRAG HIM DOWN HERE!? HE'S JUST LIKE ME! LIKE ME WHO WAS ABANDONED BY A FAMILY OF BRUTES, BY HER OWN SISTER WHO FEIGNED LOYALTY ONLY TO DISAPPEAR AT HER EARLIEST CONVENIENCE.

The outburst could be felt and heard throughout the castle until it subdued itself. The playroom's walls had returned to their normal, dignified appearance...

darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Greedy Obsessions (Thara/Ari)  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue128100/999999Greedy Obsessions (Thara/Ari)  - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (128100/999999)
Tiers:

Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:28 pm

The Angel of Conflict

ARIANDA VAEL

Arianda couldn't help but raise an eyebrow as the castle walls were actively repulsed by her. It made the demon frown slightly as her tail flicked anxiously, the demon looking around calmly; catching the smallest glimpse of Thara's face. She was scared, that's for certain, and her face showed it so well, Arianda was certain she was scared to death of, well, death. It made sense, frankly; it was hard for a being to not be scared of death. However, to live your life sequestered in this castle... Well, it probably made Thara more afraid of such things compared to other people.

As Arianda looked around the room, noticing the small changes that made the room a tiny bit scary for some people; however, Arianda was simply bored by the change in the walls in the playroom. She was honestly intrigued how closely linked the building was to Thara. That didn't change the fact that Thara was refusing to come out. She was scared, and honestly felt Arianda was going to kill her. Frankly, if Arianda was going to kill Thara, she could have struck when her face emerged from the wall. Better yet, she could just tear down the entire castle until there was nothing but rubble forcing Thara to be exposed while also keeping innocent bystanders out of harms way. However, she had done nothing of the sort. She had been calmly attempted to calm Thara.

"Thara... I'm sure you knew who I was; what I was. If I wished you to be dead, you would know... I would have made it quick and painless for a beauty like you... However..."

Arianda sighed softly, taking a seat in the middle of the room; letting Thara absorb her words. However, Arianda soon decided it was best to further elaborate instead of letting the quiet reign true.

"However, I haven't made a move on your life. Not a single inch. I am here trying to help you, trying to reassure you that your life is not in danger. I don't want you to think that I'm just here to finish the job; no. I'm trying to help you... Because if you truly to love him, then I want the both of you to be happy; And Kita does too."

Arianda smiled a tiny bit, letting out a soft chuckle, stretching a little bit as she stared around the room, looking for more traces of Thara's presence.

"So again, I ask; come out, please? I just want to give you a hug and make sure you know your life isn't even in danger. I don't even have a weapon in my hands; nor am I trying to attack. So, please; come on out of your castle and talk with me for a bit, Thara. And trust me when I say, he isn't repulsed by the idea of loving you..."

Arianda let out a small sigh. It was quite hard to deny what Thara said. Arianda was in a point of vulnerability, letting herself be open for attack. If Thara did know Arianda's reputation well, she would know that if Arianda wished her to be dead; her heart would have already stopped beating. However, Arianda wanted her to live; especially for him. If she was his best shot at happiness, Arianda couldn't stand being the source of ruining it. Not again.

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:59 am

SCIONESS OF AVARICE

THARA

"M-Maybe I can help." The familiar voice of a little girl could be heard from the hallway. It was Emma. She had known that Arianda had specifically told her to stay with the others but among those who knew her the most, who shared a true bond with Thara, Emma's presence may have been neccesary. She was merely a little girl. How could she particularly understand how romance worked? She hadn't even hit puberty yet. She knew one thing. The agony that resonated throughout the castle should not persist.

The small, raven-haired girl walked over to Arianda by the chair as she gazed at the graceful appearance of the Angel of Conflict. There were so many things she was amazed by, even as a kid. She wondered if she would ever have interesting powers or appearances like those shared by the angry wizard lady, Thara, and Arianda.

Thara had not budged. Would not budge. She didn't believe Arianda. She didn't care if she sat in the chair vulnerably. It was true that given her appearance, Thara knew she that once belonged to Shadowfall. Her reputation proceeded her as Mana's right hand in a sense. She was powerful. She could crush the castle and bring her out but it would do her no good. Thara would protect it with her life, foolishly fighting those beyond her station if need be. Her fear had not yet ceased and though the rage had subsided, what sounded as though it were the sound of someone weeping could clearly be heard through the walls. It was Thara.

She truly did not wish to die. She didn't want to die. Though she wore the appearance of an alluring seductress with boundless charisma, she was but a child at heart. This castle was all she knew. She had never aimed to step outside of its walls often unless curiosity compelled her or her greed guided her. An echo resonated throughout the walls.

She cursed how weak she was, how she was raised in a family of brutes who gave into their sins entirely and threatened her life when it suited them. She was raised in conflict. And when she had but one person to protect her, she, too, had abandoned her. She never invited anyone to the castle often. It was her home and her prison, a cage to keep her protected yet also a bind that prevented her from knowing the true joy of a life filled with fear, of facing adversity, and bravery to combat with all that stood before her. Perhaps... Perhaps that is why she saw something in him.

"Sis... Ari means well."

Go away, Emma. I don't want to be seen. That woman embarrassed me in front of all of you... I dare not be seen now. If she loves him so much, just take him and go. It's the right of the victor to take what they desire once they've struck fear into the enemies. I don't want your pity. I don't want anything.

Emma tapped at the wall and surveyed the room before spotting a book. It was the tale of cinderella. She handed the book to Arianda before pointing at the walls.

"I'll go away now but read this. I know it doesn't make sense but she's really a child at heart. Only I know that about sis'. Even mor' I think she'd enjoy it if you read aloud and placed her name in instead of Cinderella's. Um... I'll be going now." And with that, Emma hurried off, leaving the playroom.

Last edited by Iori[Chronos] on Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:31 am; edited 2 times in total
darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:01 pm

The Angel of Conflict

ARIANDA VAEL

A small voice came from the entrance of the room. Arianda's eyes turned towards the small girl who had entered. She smiled warmly, gently ruffling Emma's hair as she came close to Arianda, after Ari had listened to Emma and Thara; hearing what both of them had to say. Indeed, Thara could probably have burst from a wall and stabbed Ari through the chest and Ari would just give her a smile. However, Arianda listened to what Emma had to say, handing Arianda a book she had never read before; one that appeared to be a children's tale. She blinked softly, turning the book over in her hands. She smiled at Emma, gently pulling the little girl into a hug before she left; quietly thanking her for the assistance she had given. Afterwards, Arianda let out a small sigh and looked at that book.

Indeed, it was the tale of Cinderella; the tale of a woman who had lived with her terrible family. However, she was to be saved by a loving prince charming; one who had taken her from that terrible place. Arianda let a small smile play across her lips. She could understand why Emma had supplied Ari with this method to try and help Thara. From what Thara had said, it made complete sense that she would relate to this book. Arianda smiled softly, and gently opened the book up as she sat; laying it across her lap as she began to read.

"Once upon a time, a girl named Thara lived with her stepmother and two stepsisters. Poor Thara..."

And Arianda read on, reading the story on; easily replacing every mention of Cinderella with Thara's name instead. She had hoped that this would aid the woman in the end; perhaps the story would calm her down. Perhaps, it would allow Thara to come out finally and allow Arianda to give her a hug; allow Arianda to console her and give her the relaxation she needed.

Besides, if He really did care for Thara; and Thara for him. Well... she wanted to help them how she could; even if it meant reading a children's story. However, it was good practice for Arianda. One day, Ari would have her own children that actually started off quite young; and they needed such stories at bed time. Not to mention, if this was a very old story made by humans, Arianda was glad to know the kind of stories that they had made for humankind. They were good stories, nice ones; far better than the ones that demonkind had. However, when the demon had finished the story with a "And they lived Happily ever after, The End", she gently closed the book in her lap and smiled warmly.

"It's a nice book... Thara... will you come out and see me now? I promise you on my demonic blood I mean you no harm; I can read the book again, if you need; I don't mind."

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:34 am

SCIONESS OF AVARICE

THARA

The walls listened to Ari as she read the book, silently observing the demon as Thara listened to Arianda's graceful voice. The tale of Cinderella. The story of the glass slipper. The parable of oppression and eventual triumph in the face of those who wish to keep you chained down. It was a tale Thara found relatable. She had always wondered if she would find her own prince charming and given Kitarune's outburst, the covetous demon reflected on who this man was surrounded by in his life.

She cursed her inability to stand amongst the lions, those who could remain composed and fierce in the face of death. And when faced with a fierce threat, she quivered before her people, her servants, and Emma. To say that she was embarrassed was an understatement. Was this idea of pursuing a romance, of finding prince charming worth the troubles that followed? Who was to say that, perhaps, there were others who would make right on Kitarune's promise.

She had reflected on an encounter in the immediate past. Of a man who had, perhaps, read her more successfully than anyone else. As she remained within the walls, she pondered on how he would have reacted. How was it that such warriors could remain so calm and collected and she was but a glass house that could shatter at even the faintest hint of death?

Phasing through the walls, Thara sat down a few meters away from Arianda, keeping her distance. Her expression was grim, her face covered with cracks. There were a few hints of darkened blood dripping from her face. Wiping her finger across one of the cracks, she gazed at the demon.

She knew that he wasn't repulsed by the idea of loving her. That she had taken more time on him than was necessary to bring him here. He was a man of potent will in spite of his troublesome past. Some would say... a hero. And what was she? The covetous demon of avarice who reveled in amassing the world's finest possessions?

Or a meager demon who talked the big game but didn't quite understand how the real world operated? Did she even know what love was? Did she love him? Or did she love how pleasant he made her feel? His group of friends who would go to bat for him without batting an eye? So many questions and yet few answers.

All she knew is that right now, her pride had been trampled on. As the Danava of Greed, there was an image she had failed to maintain. There ought to be no shame in seizing what she felt rightfully belonged to her. She was not the woman who stood before her nor the woman who aimed her Zanpakuto at her, who would take her life if she pushed her the wrong way. The tale of cinderella was a pleasant one, even more so with her name included. How could she not remove herself from the walls and enjoy its tale?

There was no intention of hugging the angel of conflict, though. She didn't want to be coddled. She would stand her ground on this matter. By hugging her, she'd admit that all she'd ever be is some childish thing that needed to be consoled whenever the wolves bared their fangs.

"That's a wonderful tale. Cinderella is one of my favorite bedtime stories. Fairy tales are fine pieces of fiction. No violence to be found. There is liberation and being saved by a prince or their own friends. Journeys to find amazing things... heh."

She rose from her feet as she dusted the edges of her dress and exited the playroom. It wasn't as if she abhorred the thought of speaking to her but her shame had made it difficult to speak. Her body felt somewhat weakened and exhausted from the fear of death. Emma was outside the hall but Thara looked away and returned to the dining hall. She paid no heed to Kitarune, restoring the table with transmutation.

Acknowledging her this time, Thara gazed at Kitarune before sitting on the table. Whether her Zanpakuto still remained activated or not, she was too tired to care. Not out of exhaustion but in feeling inadequate about her own capabilities. She still feared being burned to a crisp but what good did it do?

"Violence... is that the answer that every single one of you people chose? Since the dawn of time, that's how everything is always solved. It's why war exists. Rather than coexisting, humans, demons, or any race always seem to find a reason to justify violence. In your case, I suppose that with your relation to him, he means a lot to you and in your eyes, I am the enemy. Do you want to know why I chose to do this without his knowledge?"

Thara knew Arianda was most likely present in the room now. She paused, thinking about what she wanted to say next.

"I did so because ever since he's been here... I've always wanted to show him happiness, a blissful reality away from the harsh world he has endured in all of his existence. I held conversations with him. I observed him. He looked so happy and yet, whenever we spoke, I could always sense he had been hurt, disgraced, and even ridiculed for his shortcomings."

Thara managed an exhausted smile, reflecting on how pleasant it was to meet him.

"From then on, I had been enchanted. I wondered how an honorable man such as he could be given so much wrong when he only aimed to do right. Wrongfully accused, heavily misunderstood. He didn't deserve to live in that world. A man who deserved to be cherished and praised only found banishment and ridicule. Thus, I brought him here. I knew it was wrong. I am not certain he intended to come but I took him away from that world."

Thara scratched at her shoulders, remnants of anxiety still lingering even now.

"Would you return to a world that, in spite of all your accomplishments and noble deeds, you only received ridicule for a few setbacks that were out of your hands? No. You wouldn't."

Thara sighed as she gazed at her servants, the children, and Emma. She wondered how shameful her display of terror appeared to them.

"I am the Danava of Greed. An enthusiast of avarice. I am the covetous demon who amasses treasures most divine. You made me look like a pathetic little girl. In front of so many people, no less. That is a victory you have earned today. Ah, I wished to speak with you on the idea of becoming a sister. Perhaps... we could have joined together and protected him. Marriage is out of the question, now, but perhaps you are happy about that, yes? Viewing me like some type of serpent when all I wished was to give him happiness? Ignoring you was wrong - I admit that wholeheartedly but threatening my life was out of the question."

Each of those words was directed at Kitarune. As for Ari...

"I'm exhausted. This meeting has me feeling uncertain about my future. I will speak with him one day about those uncertainties. If you like, you are free to visit him at his request. He is free to stay as long as he desires. Whether he envisions a future with me in it or someone else... I'll let him decide. If you are dissatisfied with my choice, strike me down as you said you would. Either way, I think this meeting is very much over now."

Laying down on the table, she ran a finger through the cracks in her face. She felt as if she looked hideous now, all things told...

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Greedy Obsessions (Thara/Ari)  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Greedy Obsessions (Thara/Ari)  - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:06 pm

DAUGHTER OF THE MOUNTAIN

Artist: Silvervale - Song: Home

As Thara and Arianda disappeared, Kitarune's fireball promptly vanished, and she wasted no time swinging her staff again, bringing it down again and again on the smashed table, breaking them into even smaller splinters with each crashing hit, refraining from screaming as she did, only grunts of effort before she came to a stop. Her breathing was shaky as her Zanpakuto slowly reverted back to its sealed form. Kitarune slowly brought her arm back to her side, staring at the ground

How fucking childish was this?

Here she was, supposed to be engaging in diplomacy, and yet she still couldn't keep her temper from something as small as being ignored. Now accompanied by nothing but silence, Kitarune trudged over to a knocked-over chair, setting it back up and sitting down, bringing her arms around herself. She could feel her anxiety and fear, and it was her fault. As her repeating thoughts echoed off the walls, Kitarune covered her ears and brought her legs close to her chest.

"I'm sorry."

Despite the two exiting the room and leaving the mage alone, she could still feel the raging emotions that Thara pulsated with each moment. Kitarune didn't truly want to hurt Thara -- far from it. If he had really seen something in her and she wanted to be with him, then who was she to deny it? All she wanted to do was to make sure that he was safe, that she wasn't playing him, and that she would be someone that could make him happy.

What more could she want?

As Thara's echoing voice slowly faded and died down, Kitarune just sat in the ever-present silence, holding her legs close to her as she waited. Eventually, she heard the footsteps of the two returning to the room, and she set her feet down on the floor, holding her arms as she stared at the floor. She could feel Thara's eyes on her as she repaired the table and sat down, remaining silent as she listened.

Did she call this a victory for her? Kitarune didn't feel the slightest bit of pride in what she just did -- all she felt was shame and embarrassment. As she finished, Kitarune stood up, lifting her head to look at Thara with a numbness plaguing her heart.

"I'm not a violent person. I didn't want to resort to threats for this. I only got so heated because...I care about him. He's one of the only people I have left in the world, and I'm going to protect him with everything I have. It doesn't matter to me either way if you want to get with him or not -- I don't have any actual right to deny that."

Kitarune's Zanpakuto slowly morphed into a bracelet, wrapping itself around her wrist as she sighed softly.

"I just want to make sure that he's happy and that he's safe. A relationship like you want is something that can only be forged properly on mutual trust, time, and understanding. If you want it to work, don't get too big for your britches. Doing stuff like this behind his back is only going to drive a wedge between you two."

The mage stood up, readjusting the bracelet around her wrist.

"As long as you don't hurt him or drive him away, I won't do anything. You're a beautiful woman, and I can tell that many of your words are genuine -- in all honesty, you could be a really good match for him. Just keep being good to him, and don't betray his trust or feelings."

The woman slowly wrapped her arms around herself, sniffling softly as tears began to slide down her cheeks and drip onto the floor.

"I'm sorry that I got angry at you and lost my temper, but...please keep being good to him. You know that he's all I have left, and I don't want to lose him to even more pain and apathy."

Template By:
[THEFROST]
darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:47 pm

The Angel of Conflict

ARIANDA VAEL

If Thara only knew the things Ari had known; the things Ari did know. Once upon a time, Ari too was afraid of death. However, after being so close to its energy for a good couple of years, perhaps more, and also being Mana's personal play-thing from time to time; it was quite easy for Ari to not fear death and treat the end of life as more of an old friend. However, it was an old friend she'd rather not meet for quite a long time. However, the demon let Thara leave first, putting the book back where Emma had found it. Afterwards, Arianda followed Thara out of the room. If Kita was surprised to see Ari in her true form, she certainly didn't mention it. That was fine. Kita had seen Ari in it more than anyone in the world combined; so she had no issues with a lack of reaction from anyone, really.

Instead, Arianda simply walked around to where Kita was standing, starting to silently weave a spell that would slowly repair the tears and cracks that had hewn Thara's features. However, the demon simply remained silent as Kita spoke and apologized to the woman; with Arianda gently putting a hand on her shoulder when Kita started to cry. As Kita cried on, Arianda gently wrapped her right arm around Kita, and placed a hand on Kita's arms gently. She smiled at her lover, as much as she could.

"You have me too, Kita... I doubt Thara would ever wish to harm him. Something odd makes me think that they'll be very good for each other."

After that small bit of conversation to Kita, over that mental link of theirs that Kita established when she began to trust Ari more, Arianda turned her gaze towards Thara and snapped her fingers; a sound that echoed oddly. The reason for such things was made evident when Thara's cracked features returned to their normal beauty; with the demon giving the woman a small grin.

"Thara, if either of us were to harm you; what would he think? Neither of us wish to harm you; we just want to know that he is safe. If he is safe, then I see no reason to take those who care for each other from one another. Enjoy yourselves, go on dates; fall head over heels for him if you wish. Perhaps... Well, I'm sure, given enough time; we could go on these things called double dates~"

Arianda gave Thara a well meaning smile before she looked towards Kita; saying nothing once more. However, she gently pecked her lover on the cheek; gently lowering her right arm to rest around Kita's waist. She didn't want to push it and comfort Kita too much or in the wrong way; but she was glad to let Kita cry upon her shoulder a bit of she needed. However, as Kita cried, and Ari stared at Thara; a gruesome thought passing through Ari's head. What Kita said was true. If Thara stayed true to the man they all knew, they wouldn't harm her; hell, they would probably welcome her as a sister one day.

But... if that confidence wavered; even for a second. If, for some reason, Thara decided she desired to harm Him... They. Would. Have. Words. However, it was a thought Arianda swiftly discarded nearly as soon as it came. Arianda hoped she would never have to think such a terrible thing again. However, she knew all too well what it was like for ones heart to be broken; and she knew all too well what he had been through...

"Thara... This was no Victory; it was a misstep in our relationship. A stumble upon the path. If you love him, Thara; love him like no other. As Kita said, be good to him. Out of those who I know, he probably deserves it most."

Arianda contemplated silently for a few moments before she once more looked towards Kita, and then tore her gaze back towards Thara. She was a complicated woman, the Danava of Avarice; of greed. She had her own subset of issues to get over; ones that Arianda was sure He may have already been dealing with. However, this meeting was, in essence, a good thing. Thara got to meet His family; even if everything had not gone well. The demon gave Thara another warm smile.

"Next time... Next time, let's have a better time, hm~? And maybe, with Him around too~ Unless you wish to talk of anything Thara; I think now is a good time for us to leave you to him."

Arianda smiled warmly at Thara once more. If the woman did not object, she would gently guide herself and Kita back out of Thara's castle. She did not fear an attack; as that was clearly not Thara's intention. However, Arianda still wished to return home from the gaudy castle. It was quite clear to Ari how much she had grown accustomed to her more humble living; at least, as humble as a mansion could get. Regardless, once Arianda and Kita had exited the front door, or gates really, of the castle, Arianda would casually open a portal back up towards home; dawdling for a few seconds just in case. If no interruptions came, Arianda would take her girlfriend home for some much needed rest; and probably some extra stuff too.

Ari just hoped that, one day, Thara could leave that castle of hers... The scenery of Earth was far more alluring than the palled black and gray of castle walls.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum