Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Brotherly Love [Private/Ask to Join] [Location: Nagano, Japan] Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Brotherly Love [Private/Ask to Join] [Location: Nagano, Japan] Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Brotherly Love [Private/Ask to Join] [Location: Nagano, Japan] Empty Brotherly Love [Private/Ask to Join] [Location: Nagano, Japan]

Fri May 21, 2021 8:34 am
Brotherly Love [Private/Ask to Join] [Location: Nagano, Japan] WWTleJt

VANYEL | DRAGON OF KYUSHU

After he and Calypso Gandr had taken off from the Karakura Hospital, with Calypso bursting over in a run while he chose to take the more conventional human route with a motorcycle, the siblings quickly made their way out of Karakura, speeding off and overtaking one another again and again. While regular humans would have taken much longer to get to Nagano on foot, they were able to reach it in far less time than usual.

Arriving and storing his motorcycle away in the Phonoi's Chasm Point, he took a deep breath, relieved to finally be where she wanted to take the two of them. He didn't think that clothes shopping would have taken them out of Karakura and across Japan, but, some people just liked certain stores. Well, it didn't matter in the end.

Stretching and readjusting his jacket, Vanyel started to walk into Nagano with Calypso, sending a brief mental message inviting Calypso, his Caly to join them if she wanted. If she didn't, he'd just tell her about what happened when he got home, no big deal. A warm smile spread across the fledgling devil's face as leaned back to stretch, basking in the warm Japanese afternoon before turning to look at Calypso.

"What's so special about this place that we had to go all the way to friggin' Nagano?"

END POST

Last edited by Henrex on Sun May 23, 2021 9:58 am; edited 2 times in total
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Brotherly Love [Private/Ask to Join] [Location: Nagano, Japan] Left_bar_bleue398349/999999Brotherly Love [Private/Ask to Join] [Location: Nagano, Japan] Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Brotherly Love [Private/Ask to Join] [Location: Nagano, Japan] Empty Re: Brotherly Love [Private/Ask to Join] [Location: Nagano, Japan]

Fri May 21, 2021 9:12 am

Calypso Gandr| Descendant Of Ao Kuang

Calypso was sticky and overheated by the time they got there, panting deeply and taking her jacket off to hold it under her arm. Keeping pace with a motorbike was probably not a great idea, and she was flopping to bed after dinner, but it was fun to do. Find your limits, every day. That was the secret of a mighty heart.

"Gahhh....." She'd exhale for a moment and then with a laugh, grab Vanyel's arm, clinging tight to him and basking in the glow of having a brother! And also no short amount of using him as support because she was about done right now.... "My great-great uncle on my father's side came here to Japan because he saw a Kimono once and decided that such fashion was what was missing in his life. So he's got a tailors now. I dunno if he is retired or not, Gandr are as stubborn as we are delicate, so I can see him getting into arguments with his kids about how much work he is still allowed to do" She'd explain, giving a grin with her flushed and glittering face.

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Brotherly Love [Private/Ask to Join] [Location: Nagano, Japan] Left_bar_bleue42100/16000Brotherly Love [Private/Ask to Join] [Location: Nagano, Japan] Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

Brotherly Love [Private/Ask to Join] [Location: Nagano, Japan] Empty Re: Brotherly Love [Private/Ask to Join] [Location: Nagano, Japan]

Fri May 21, 2021 9:46 am
Calypso Vael

A dark shadow had flickered off in the corner of Vanyel's eye, with any observation he'd catch another blur of a small dark shape, roughly the size and shape of a small mammal, before suddenly something would abruptly jump onto his shoulder, however despite such a sudden action, the presence that touched him would feel like the comforting hand of a familiar face. A better look at what jumped on him would yield.. Well, it was difficult to explain.

Four bright eyes stared at him from a bird-like draconic face, however things further became strange from there, as bird transitioned to a cat-like head, small horns like that of a deer adorned, purplish black fur that sparkled with stars transitioned into a sort of looping between the dark color, and the color of a bright morning sky itself, until the two would split off, the dark color dominating the ferret-like body, adorned with the occasional patch of shimmering opal scales, as tufts of lighter fur were dressed on it's back, until stirring together once more upon a long, feathery, leaf-like tail that curled around the back of Vanyel.

"Didja call~?" Though it was higher pitched than normal, it was incredibly obvious who it was to the man. The creature would hop down, laughing joyfully, before looking at the two,

"Whos this~? Oh, I probably should change back now - probably confusing to hear me out of a cute little body."

With a flurry of magic and thought, the small creature before them no longer was, instead a young woman stood before them, still possessing a few features of the smaller creature that were quickly retreating into a much more human look,

"There we go~ Just thought i'd try to spook you with a shape I was playing around with, heh."

Last edited by Lillian on Fri May 21, 2021 10:57 am; edited 3 times in total
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Brotherly Love [Private/Ask to Join] [Location: Nagano, Japan] Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Brotherly Love [Private/Ask to Join] [Location: Nagano, Japan] Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Fri May 21, 2021 10:24 am

As Human Calypso clung to him, whether out of exhaustion, adrenaline or just being happy to have a brother, Vanyel rolled his eyes, chuckling softly as he grinned, reaching over to ruffle the girl's hair as she gave a note of another family member of hers that had taken up fashion...after something as simple as seeing a kimono. Some people just got the biggest amounts of inspiration from the littlest things -- if it was their passion, fuck it, go for it.

As he felt the sense of a familiar hand on his shoulder, Vanyel turned to look at where he felt it, and he grinned. It didn't take him long to figure out who it was, especially given the first form he saw her in -- the bird and dragon-like face he would know from anywhere. He watched as she went through all forms and manner of shapeshifting while scurrying around on his shoulders, before finally settling on the ground and shifting back to her original self.

"Hey, hun! You know, if you wanna try and spook me, you should probably go for something a little less recognizable. The bird-dragon is a pretty big giveaway for me."

Walking up to her with his half-sister still glued to his arm, he used his free arm to gently pat her on the head, before kissing her forehead.

"So, this is probably gonna be a bit of a mind-fuck, but, apparently, I've got a half-sister."

He opened his mouth to try and introduce them to one another, before groaning. This was going to be a pain. He looked at his half-sister, gesturing toward his wife.

"Sooo, this is my wife, Calypso Vael."

He then looked to his wife, gesturing to Gandr.

"Annnd this is my apparent half-sister...also named Calypso. Full name's Calypso Gandr, and she's...apparently a descendant of Ao Kuang, the Dragon King of the Eastern Seas. Long story, but, basically, she was crippled until Ulv's Inner Hollow showed up and did something that made her able to walk again. So, she wanted to celebrate by going clothes shopping."

END POST
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Brotherly Love [Private/Ask to Join] [Location: Nagano, Japan] Left_bar_bleue398349/999999Brotherly Love [Private/Ask to Join] [Location: Nagano, Japan] Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Fri May 21, 2021 10:35 am

Calypso seemed totally unphased by the shifting Demon woman. She was a Dragonblooded after all, and the Gandr clan had a Dog Metamorph in the compound, so weird shit was something she had lived her entire life around. It was barely anything of note for her. She'd let go of Vanyel and stand on her own feet so he could interact with his wife, giving her a wave as she was introduced. Calypso sulphur yellow eyes, only a slight shade and luminosity off Ulv's golden eyes, made it clear what Hvit had done to get Calypso back on her feet.

"Mmm, I've been wearing these clothes for a long while now I got a bit caught up looking for my family and what I was wearing took a back seat. But now I found him so I am going to get myself something brilliant and new! And my Great-great uncle has a talior here, so it's perfect"

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Brotherly Love [Private/Ask to Join] [Location: Nagano, Japan] Left_bar_bleue42100/16000Brotherly Love [Private/Ask to Join] [Location: Nagano, Japan] Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

Fri May 21, 2021 11:15 am
Calypso Vael

"Oh come on, it's not like I can wipe 'dragon' off my soul. Meh."

Her eyes were trained with interest on the younger girl as the two approached her and kissed her on the forehead, curious of her significance, or rather why Vanyel was so apparently interesting to her to the point she literally wouldn't let him go. Soon, her burning question was answered - she was.. His SISTER? Her eyes widened with a flurry of curiosity and interest,

"You have a sister?!"

She couldn't help but squeak out. Questions rolled through her mind - where has she been this entire time? Well clearly she was much, much younger than Vannie, so it's possible he just didn't know about her, right? Was she really? She didn't quite see a resemblance - probably because of the half part, may take more after the other parent... Then again she's never properly seen what Vanyel's parents even looked like apart from a warped, emotionally high fever dream... So who was she to determine that?

With proper introductions in, her eyebrow raised as the girl's alleged relations to a figure she swore she heard during one of Vanyel's winding explanations of his culture. Her expression looked sympathetic for a moment when he had mentioned she had been crippled, but momentarily turned to that of an unreadable expression as he mentioned Ulv's Inner Hollow had shown up and enabled her to walk once more.

Ulv's Inner Hollow...

...That would have to mean she's...

Now was not the time for an ocean of sadness to wash over her. In a mere moment the light in her eyes regained as she removed herself from her thoughts, smiling at the two,

"Clothes shopping is a plenty good idea! My mom kinda got me into it.."

She chuckled innocently, continuing the conversation like normal,

"Wow.. A Calypso too, huh? A... Dear person to me kind of cycled through names she was familiar with until I heard one I liked, and it just happened to be Calypso! Crazy coincidences."

She extended a gentle hand, as if to motion for a handshake or whatever other touch to signify a polite greeting, "Well, nice to finally meet you!"

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri May 21, 2021 10:09 pm

"Oi, I ain't sayin' that, I'm just sayin' to try and go for somethin' I won't recognize as you immediately."

The reaction to Gandr being his sister was, frankly, just what he expected. Hell, he was still processing it. It was strange to now suddenly have a sister that he had never met until a few hours ago, after being an only child for most of his life. But, on the other hand, it kinda felt nice, in a way he didn't really know how to describe.

"Yeah, I just found out like...maybe a few hours ago, if even that. She was probably born after I...well, ran away from home because I never had any siblings growing up."

But, not long after he stopped talking, he could feel the hints of sadness begin to wash over Caly, and he gently put a hand on her shoulder. He didn't say anything about it, but he knew that, despite what Ulv had done, she still cared for her. They'd have to talk about it later -- he too knew that this wasn't the place nor the time to sink into grief.

He returned the smile, gently ruffling her hair for a moment as she continued the conversation as if nothing happened, chuckling softly at the immense coincidence of their names. It was a bit annoying, and he'd eventually figure out a way to clearly differentiate which one he was talking to, but it wasn't all that big of a deal. It wasn't like his half-sister was some crazy stalker of his wife and wanted to steal her appearance, abilities, and go the whole nine yards with it.

"Guess this means that Atlas had twin daughters and named them both Calypso, but only one got stuck on Ogygia."

Eh, it wasn't the best joke, but it was something. Regardless of what the human Calypso did as a greeting for his Caly, Vanyel took a moment to stretch, ruffle human Calypso's hair once more before the three started walking through the city of Nagano, likely following human Calypso's lead, since she was the only one who would know where this great-uncle's tailor was. But, for some idle chat along the way, Vanyel asked a question that had been bugging him for a while.

"So, what's with the ginger/orange hair? Did you dye it, or did your mom have it?"

He paused for a moment, tilting his head slightly as he looked at human Calypso's hair.

"It's weird since you don't...really look anything like me. I had black hair when I grew up, but started dying it white in my teens."

His first guess was that she just got an abnormal amount of genetics from her mother, whoever she was. Or there was some Tao Chi stuff that she knew about and got her hands on that he didn't. He hadn't been very knowledgeable about the world of Wulin and Tao Chi in the first place, and what he did know was rusty from his yakuza days.

"Sorry if it's rude to ask, just really curious is all."

END POST
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat May 22, 2021 7:11 am

'Ahh. I'm going to need to talk to her later' Hvit commented, catching the moment that Calypso flashed before hiding it again.
"You..." Calypso would then pause and bit her lip a little. 'You know her?' she tried. It felt weird, but she managed it.
'We are ostensibly friends. Ulv was, unknowable and most didn't even try, so she easily lost friends. But, I don't think Calypso is one to so easily dismiss, hurt though she is' Hvit replied. It was something that Cali had no idea about so she just mentally stepped away from the conversation and came to the physical world one.

Grasping the other Calypso's hand, the ginger would give a happy grin and shake it.
"My mother heard it on her journeys through Greece and thought it sounded great. Plus, when the Dragonblood came to light, it was fitting. Ao Kuang is an aquatic dragon, and Calypso is a sea goddess"

Introductions out of the way, she would lead them to the shop, giving Vanyel a smirk as he asked about her hair.
"Scandanavia has one of the highest populations of redheads in the world. When the Danes and Norsemen came aviking, they were enthralled by the colour and took a lot of them back home. So now it's a super common colour there. Most Norweigans are ginger or red"
Dragon-Snake | END POST

Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue May 25, 2021 1:55 pm
Calypso Vael

Calypso flashed him a mischevious look as she would then roll her eyes, "Would be hard not to recognize me, regardless of form. We are bonded, after all. Runs deep."

She would give a little wink, her demeanor relatively normal, til he would bring up the fact that she had to have been born after he ran away, which triggered the woman to narrow her eyes,

"Uh, yeah Vannie, no shit. Ya ran off when you were pretty young and she looks like a kid."

The look she gave him was the equivalent of a friendly flick between the eyes, drawing her gaze back to the young lady as she grasped her hand, smiling fondly at her - if she was Vanyel's family, she was her family, too.

"..Oh yeah, I remember that story. Gods, I really need to start picking up books again - I've had far too many things ripping my attention apart."

She remembered when she was a shadow-lurking fledgling, slipping around a library as one of the few places she could tolerate, and just read older stories. She hadn't any idea why she was so drawn to them until she got her recollection of Pseudologoi back - woman spoke so many stories and morals into her tiny consciousness in the space before birth, and she managed to retain enough of a recollection of her fondness for them that it followed her into life.

But, things happened, and her hobbies were pushed far, far behind her - so caught up with others that she didn't catch herself.

As they would travel, her gaze looked to her name doppleganger, smiling,

"So, half-siblings, huh? Which parent raised you? Where did you grow up? What brought you to find Vanyel?"

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed May 26, 2021 9:13 pm

Gently nudging Caly as she made the point of it being hard for him not to recognize her, he stuck his tongue out at her playfully. But, as she narrowed her eyes and he turned to the side, mumbling a quiet 'shut up' before his attention turned to the other Calypso, her mentioning that a lot of Norwegians had ginger hair, which took him by surprise. He hadn't gotten out much when he went to Norway, and he didn't fully remember everyone he had seen when he did.

Perhaps he'd have to take a trip there at some point and see for himself. Smiling softly as Caly, reaching over and gently rubbing his wife's shoulder. Maybe the two of them could go out and look for books together, and maybe he'd be able to show her more of his childhood memento -- A Journey to the West. Gently patting her head as his hand left her, his hands drifted into his pockets while his wife brought up the topic of the parent that raised her, and what had brought her to seek him out.

Frankly, it was something he was also interested in knowing. He knew that she had been looking for anything related to Ao Kuang, specifically on her father's side, but he never fully understood why. All he knew was that she was basically only had to let his bastard of a father live. A brief scowl passed over the demon's face at the thought. But, there was also a part of him that was curious as to what her life was like with her mother.

"Honestly, I'm pretty curious about that too. I know that you were looking for everythin' related to Ao Kuang on your-- or, I guess, our dad's side, but I'm wonderin' what life with your mom was like."

END POST
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum