Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Brotherly Love [Private/Ask to Join] [Location: Nagano, Japan] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue398349/999999Brotherly Love [Private/Ask to Join] [Location: Nagano, Japan] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Brotherly Love [Private/Ask to Join] [Location: Nagano, Japan] - Page 3 Empty Re: Brotherly Love [Private/Ask to Join] [Location: Nagano, Japan]

Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:00 am

Calypso Gandr| Descendant Of Ao Kuang

"Bah, design. I'm just here for the colour, it's the genius behind the counter that'll do the design and what not" Calypso exclaimed, as her great-great-uncle chuckled at the praise and got to work. Seemingly, not even needing to measure her or anything.

"So, while we wait. How much have you studied in your time as part of Wulin? Outside of the backwater family, unless you just took the fighting style and never questioned where it came from or who else had it?" Calypso would shift over to a nearby chair and take a seat, crossing one leg over the other and giving an inviting smile.

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Brotherly Love [Private/Ask to Join] [Location: Nagano, Japan] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Brotherly Love [Private/Ask to Join] [Location: Nagano, Japan] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Brotherly Love [Private/Ask to Join] [Location: Nagano, Japan] - Page 3 Empty Re: Brotherly Love [Private/Ask to Join] [Location: Nagano, Japan]

Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:35 pm
Brotherly Love [Private/Ask to Join] [Location: Nagano, Japan] - Page 3 WWTleJt

VANYEL | DRAGON OF KYUSHU

He chuckled lightly, shrugging and nodding at her dismissal of the design. He hadn't really put too much thought into the color of all things. Both were equally as important, but the design always seemed more important, as, to him, that was what defined the outfit.

However, he wasn't expecting her to ask about his studies in Wulin. Catching him off-guard, Vanyel kept quiet for a minute, humming to himself as he pondered it. He hadn't properly studied a lot about Wulin in a while, not since the end of his time in the yakuza. He had developed his own martial art during that time, Dragon Dancing, or alternatively, Dragon Style.

"I'd say I studied a bit of stuff. I learned Taijiquan when I was younger, and some of the culture of Wulin, along with some basic stuff. But, as kids do, I got attached to Chinese myths really damn quick. Aside from that, I didn't really think much of where it came from, especially after...I ran away."

He paused for a moment, finding himself a seat and sitting down himself.

"I did end up developing my own personal martial art style, based on and inspired by dragon dancing and Northern Shaolin Kung Fu, with some sprinkling of Southern Dragon Style, too."

He rubbed the back of his neck as he finished. He felt awkward, being so disconnected and unaware of his heritage and culture, or, at least his former culture. Life kinda threw him for a loop, with gut punch after gut punch, and even the occasional kick to the delicate area.

"Nowadays though, especially with how I am now, I haven't really had the ability or reason to continue learning. It'd just go to waste on a demon. I still appreciate Wulin, but, hasn't really been at the forefront of my mind."

END POST

Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Brotherly Love [Private/Ask to Join] [Location: Nagano, Japan] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue398349/999999Brotherly Love [Private/Ask to Join] [Location: Nagano, Japan] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:04 pm

"Taijiquan has nothing to do with Wulin. It's just a confusingly similarly named style is all. A lot of people learn it because it is a good style to learn, but it neither originates nor requires any knowledge of the Rivers and Lakes that we exist in. Shaolin are more questionable. It's implied they used to be part of it, but drifted away to become a separate entity" Calypso explained, stretching out on the chair and monging a little while waiting. A rest was always good sometimes.

Though the next part out of Vanyel raised an eyebrow. Looking to him for a moment, she'd exhale and treat him better. He was not to blame, after all. Lost Eggs existed in the world.
"Mirja and Ulv were not humans. They came from the sky and transformed swords to fight the Grendel-Spawn of the world. They still learned culture and were part of Wulin. The phrase 'Student for a Day, Child for a Lifetime' is taken seriously. No matter how far you stray from the path, we will never abandon you. So never abandon yourself"

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Brotherly Love [Private/Ask to Join] [Location: Nagano, Japan] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Brotherly Love [Private/Ask to Join] [Location: Nagano, Japan] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:49 pm

He felt a little embarrassed being wrong, but, he wasn't really too bothered by it. He ran away young, so, there was a lot that he forgot and didn't know. So, as Calypso explained the disconnect of Taijiquan and the other martial arts he had listed off, Vanyel quietly rubbed the back of his neck. Maybe one day, he'd have to re-learn and learn more about the culture he had essentially forsaken for so long.

But, what truly impacted him the most was the last thing that she said. The fact that no matter what he was or how far he had seemed to stray, Wulin would never abandon him. Vanyel looked to the ground, resting his arms on his knees as he leaned forward. Her words circled in his head again and again, as if it was constantly trying to process it, unable to believe such a thing.

Ergo, Vanyel fell silent for a short while, his gaze wistful. It was hard for him to properly figure out how he felt -- to some degree, he felt relieved. Even if he lost everything that he ever had in the world, there was something that he could always fall back on, even as the devil he now was. To a degree...it also hurt him, to know that he wouldn't directly benefit from the knowledge of Wulin and Tao Chi in the same vein that she would.

In that moment, there was a faint feeling of disgust of what he had become. But, he took a deep breath in, pushing the thoughts from his mind as he offered his half-sister a warm smile, reaching over and ruffling her hair.

"Thanks. Good to know that I'll always have somethin' to fall back on. Even if everythin' in my life goes to hell. If you're cool with it, would ya mind teachin' me more about...our, culture?"

END POST
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:58 am

Our culture. What a vague and open-ended question. She just had to mess with him with that, and maybe teach him to be better and more directed with his questions in the future. So she'd nod and ponder for a moment before getting just what she wanted to say.

"Being good at sex gets you along in the world. Making a woman orgasm is considered a great skill to have, because that means you are useful to the women of the world. Guys have it easy, you just rock a bit and it's guaranteed, but for a woman it's a lot harder. I guess because cumming isn't necessary for our continued existence like it is for a man or something. Either way, you manage to master the art of that and you are well desired in the world of Wulin"

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:45 pm

When he said "our culture," the last thing on his mind that he was expecting was a lesson on sex within Wulin, and frankly, it was something he did not need to know. But, he could tell that the little runt was messing with him. So, he reached over and ruffled her hair, grinning lightly before he refrained.

"I don't think I really need to know about the intricacies of sex in Wulin, ya little shit."

He paused, taking a deep breath before leaning back

"I more meant, like...I dunno, combat, how general life is different, I guess? I grew up in China, and I didn't get a whole lot about Wulin outside of some barebones stuff before I kinda...hit the eject button on home. I wanna know what kind of stuff I missed out on, and what stuff that I maybe could come back to, one day, or, somethin' like that. I just seriously wanna get refreshed on stuff I might already know and learn stuff I don't know."

He paused, his expression changing as he looked to his half-sister.

"I'm really not wantin' you to be fuckin' around here."

END POST
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:14 am

"Ohh? So massively confident in your sexual prowess that you don't need to know anything? Your wife makes a great noise and wakes the neighbours every night, huh? Some people are just blessed with talent I guess" Calypso teased with a grin. Vanyel really did like ruffling hair, but maybe that was the only thing he knew how to do or felt comfortable doing.

"But honestly? It's an entire Culture. Not something that can be explained inside a month. I'd need a pencil skirt and blouse to make the kids feel very conflicted about their teacher to give you that. Like, combat is a strange gestalt mix of degenerate heroes. You are to be respectful to everyone you meet, for they are all your family. You are to oust villiany and protect the weak. But if you meet a man in Wulin you truly can not stand and there is no recourse, then kill him. You sit outside the law with your own principles to guide you, and we have done it well enough to never get in too much trouble"

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:47 pm

"Nah, it's nothin' like that. I'm not some sex god or anythin'. I'm just...not really a sexual person, I guess. Sure, it's nice, but, it's not really the kind of thing I'm lookin' for when it comes to learnin' about Wulin."

Vanyel chuckled and shook his head. She probably would get along with Zhang pretty well, given how much of a little shit she liked being, and what he remembered of Zhang. The man might have been a bastard at points, but they were brothers. In the yakuza, and within the greater whole of Wulin -- and Vanyel knew that, if he ever saw him again, he wouldn't let them split up like they did. He'd have his back, just like they did for each other in the good old days.

But, as Calypso explained just a bit of the culture, Vanyel knew that "gestalt of degenerate heroes" certainly fit. To a degree, it felt like it was something straight out of the mythology books that he read as a kid. A culture and life that desired to live freely, without the restraints that most of the world had, while also adhering to a similar sense of honor and heroism that seemed to bring out the best in people.

"Wow...huh. It's kinda like being a rogue hero. Livin' life without the limitations of regular society, but still upholding a proper moral conduct. I guess, lawful neutral is the right word for it."

He smiled, resting his head on his hand. Hearing that, maybe Zhang wasn't entirely in the wrong, all those times he indulged himself in vices and the pleasures of the world. Maybe to an extreme extent, but he sure fit in that mold.

"Sorry, didn't mean to ask a lot of ya. Guess it didn't really click that a whole culture took a while to adjust to. My brain kinda stopped workin' there for a moment, huh?"

END POST
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:44 am

"Not lawful, no. Lawful means following the law. Or using the law for your own betterment, either way. A country's laws mean nothing to us, we do as the Werd, or Tao, decrees. In essence, its how you live your life. Nothing and nobody stops you from being a villain, just as nothing and nobody stops someone else from staving your head in for being a villain. Ultimately, you are who you are"

The shop's assistant would then come back with the Kimono, which made her grin. The colour of it was a perfect match for her hair, and had threads of Moonsilver that made the patterns in the dress shift and dance as the person watched. Not wasting any time, Calypso stripped naked and stepped up to put on the undercoat that protected the delicate silk.

"What do you mean, 'for a moment'?" Calypso asked with a teasing smirk. This was the first time she'd ever worn a Kimono, so there was need to be taught how it went on. Which the assistant was fine to offer.

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:00 pm

"Well, yeah, if you're definin' it in the most literal sense possible, it's not that accurate, but they're kinda...somewhere in the neutral category when you're talkin' about it in the sense of, like, D&D alignments."

Vanyel sighed softly as the shop keep's assistant entered, and on a whim, Calypso stripped down and slipped the undercoat, rolling his eyes at her comment and leaning back slightly. His eyes briefly fell on the tailored kimono, giving a soft nod at the impressive design and color selection.

"Bite me, ya lil' fuckin' brat. Least I'm not stupid enough to get my ass hospitalized by being overconfi--"

He paused, remembering a very specific wolf who, while she didn't hospitalize him, did take an arm. Stopping in his tracks, Vanyel chuckled softly at the memory. Yeah, he wasn't really one to talk in this situation, now was he?

"...Actually, scratch that. I've done something equally as stupid as well."

END POST
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum