Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
All That's Good and Lofty [Abalia, Kimitsuki] Left_bar_bleue16000/1All That's Good and Lofty [Abalia, Kimitsuki] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

All That's Good and Lofty [Abalia, Kimitsuki] Empty All That's Good and Lofty [Abalia, Kimitsuki]

Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:15 pm
All That's Good and Lofty [Abalia, Kimitsuki] KQYY3cL

ABALIA KYORAKU-HAYDEN

While Abalia did not have long on Earth, particularly given she had told Special Squad 17 that she would not come down from Soul Society, she felt that she ought to utilize what little time she did have to the utmost. To that end, she made her way toward the home of the woman she had, at one time, hoped would give herself to her late husband. The thought was almost alien to Abalia now.

Abalia stepped out from the armored car that had brought her to the home of Kimitsuki Yamamoto, and she knocked on the door with a small degree of expectation. Perhaps there was not so much to speak on between the two of them, but Abalia would not know until she broached the topic.

END POST | JUSTICE NEVER SLEEPS

darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
All That's Good and Lofty [Abalia, Kimitsuki] Left_bar_bleue128100/999999All That's Good and Lofty [Abalia, Kimitsuki] Empty_bar_bleue  (128100/999999)
Tiers:

All That's Good and Lofty [Abalia, Kimitsuki] Empty Re: All That's Good and Lofty [Abalia, Kimitsuki]

Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:57 am

All That's Good and Lofty [Abalia, Kimitsuki] 6EdIfMt

The Liberated Flame

Artist: JubyPhonic - Song: WILDFIRE!! (Cover)

Even if certain aspects of Kimitsuki's life were now more... unstable than they were a few months ago, before a certain incident, the Danava was certainly living things far more calmly than she had been expecting. After all, the death of a man Kimitsuki had great affection for, perhaps even loved, was not something to take lightly. Besides... Even if Hayden still somehow survived his debacle with Death, Kimitsuki would not be hopeful. She knew, all too well, that it just took crushed hope to ruin a person. However, Kimitsuki was doing her best to looking forward. It helped living with a rather odd, but surprisingly charming, Danava that could likely eat any restaurant out of business; Hiroi did have an odd way of cheering up Kimi, after all.

Speaking of whom, Kimitsuki was cleaning up after one of Hiroi's recent meals, washing all manner of plates, pots, pans, and the like. However, upon finishing her work, knuckles rapped upon the front door of her house. It was confusing, really. Even if the city wasn't evacuated, she didn't get many visitors. Anyone who needed to give her anything would have done so earlier in the day. Regardless of such, Kimitsuki dried her hands, and forearms, with a quick burst of flame before she moved to the door; her long, fiery red, hair in a high ponytail. However, whom Kimitsuki greeted at her door was a surprise she was not ready for.

Abalia. Hayden's wife herself, aside from Liu, had shown up on Kimitsuki's doorstep. Flummoxed as she was, Kimitsuki took a moment to stare in mild shock; certainly surprised by what felt like a sudden appearance. However, Kimi gathered herself after a very short reprieve, smiled warmly at Abalia, and gave the woman a small bow out of respect.

"L-Lady Abalia... It's good to see you. Please, come in."

Kimitsuki stood aside for Abalia to enter, and anyone else who may accompany her. However, there were none to danger Abalia in this house. Regardless, she waited for such before shutting the door with a snap; wincing a tiny bit as she looked around. It wasn't a mess, not really. Frankly speaking, Kimi's house was relatively clean. However, with Abalia visiting, it was like Kimitsuki was noticing every small flaw in her furniture, in her cleaning, and just about everything else to make her panic. However, she did her best to remain calm; while also maintaining a rather confused aura.

"It's great to see you, Abalia. If I may ask, what brings you here? It's quite surprising to have a personal visit from you, all of a sudden."

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
All That's Good and Lofty [Abalia, Kimitsuki] Left_bar_bleue16000/1All That's Good and Lofty [Abalia, Kimitsuki] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

All That's Good and Lofty [Abalia, Kimitsuki] Empty Re: All That's Good and Lofty [Abalia, Kimitsuki]

Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:36 am

ABALIA KYORAKU-HAYDEN

"You need not speak so formally with me, Kimitsuki. Titles of royalty do not mean terribly much in a personal conversation between only the two of us."

Once she had been invited in, Abalia stepped into Kimitsuki's home, and her eyes quickly took in every facet of the place without giving anything away. It was simply in her nature to do so, but she did not wish for the woman to feel as though her living condition was being scrutinized.

"I've little time to spare here on Earth, but there were matters I wished to address with you. I hope you will not mind if I am direct with you in this discourse, but I think it would be the only appropriate method of addressing this topic."

Abalia's tone wasn't particularly accusatory as she continued on, or even expectant. It was, if anything, quite plain. She was normally the sort to think ahead in a conversation, but she could not do so until this matter was answered.

"Despite what I might have considered ideal, you did not become a wife to my late husband. I think it was rather apparent that such a thing would have been considered preferable, so for what reason did you choose not to pursue this?"

darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
All That's Good and Lofty [Abalia, Kimitsuki] Left_bar_bleue128100/999999All That's Good and Lofty [Abalia, Kimitsuki] Empty_bar_bleue  (128100/999999)
Tiers:

Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:24 am

The Liberated Flame

Even if Kimitsuki need not speak formally with Abalia, it still felt quite odd to address someone like Abalia in such a formal manner. However, the Danava was still glad for Abalia's assurance that she need not refer to her in such a formal matter. Regardless of such, Kimitsuki was still relatively on edge. However, the demon was still calm in the woman's presence despite everything. As Kimitsuki gathered herself, the demon gave Abalia a warm smile. It was good to see her, especially after so long.

"It's great to see you, Abalia. Would you like something to drink?"

After listening for a request, and briefly retreating to the kitchen to retrieve something for herself to drink, and something for Abalia to drink if she wanted it. After returning, Kimitsuki took a seat and offered for Abalia to do the same; if she wished to, of course. Afterwards, the demon started to listen to Abalia; listening to every word with intent.

Of course, it made sense her visit wasn't born just form a desire to visit Kimitsuki; but it was also because she needed to speak with Kimitsuki of a rather important matter. However, she was uncertain of what the matter was until Abalia broached it. And it was such a question that it left Kimitsuki utterly speechless.

Why had she not become wife to Hayden? Now that... that was an extremely difficult question to answer properly; at least to answer completely. Frankly speaking, it was a question she needed time to properly think about. Otherwise, she wouldn't give Abalia a proper answer; and one that Kimitsuki would feel satisfied with.

A few moments after Kimitsuki had basically frozen up on Abalia, the Danava eventually stared at her hands. She was, in a word, quite embarrassed about the question alone. However, it was one she was determined to answer to her own satisfaction.

"A tough question, that one... But, I would have to say it's because... I didn't wish to be overly selfish; nor to harm anyone involved that I cared for dearly..."

Kimitsuki stared at Abalia with meaning, not speaking for a few moments afterwards.

"I'm not sure if you knew but, I was involved with Liu, for a time. Of course, I figured out that such an exchange was no more than unhealthy lust; Freedom and Fire mix well, but, in a way that seems more intoxicating rather than good for me. Anyways..."

The demon collected her thoughts for a moment, silently placing her drink on a nearby coffee table. It was difficult to talk about this, and to especially convey all of what she feels into words properly.

"After I found out Liu was going to become Hayden's second wife, after you, of course, I couldn't agree to his proposal... I felt it was unfair to him if I joined because of Liu, and not because of how I felt for him; for Hayden..."

Kimitsuki let out a soft sigh and shook her head gently, looking up at Abalia after a few moments. She loved Hayden, but she also loved Abalia; and if she was able to only interact with a single one, she indeed felt it truthfully unfair to either party. However, she probably was overthinking things in the end.

"It was an offer I would have taken if not for that one factor, Abalia. Otherwise, I would have been wed to Hayden, just as you and Liu were. To put it shortly, Abalia, I chose not to pursue marriage with Hayden because I was scared, scared of hurting any of you; scared of what could happen if I messed up, somehow."

Kimitsuki let out a tiny sigh, rubbing her forehead gently while also sweeping some of her hair out of her eye. It was embarrassing to speak of such things like this with Abalia, who was once married to Hayden himself. After all, Kimitsuki did truly care for Hayden on a very deep level; an avenue she didn't pursue out of her fear of hurting anyone involved. Afterwards, the demon looked at Abalia once again and smiled sheepishly.

"Had I not been so hasty in the past, and thought things through better, I'm sure everything would be different; I would have been with you at his side. However, things took a different turn in the end. Do you think that answers your question, Abalia? It was a bit of a lengthy one, after all."

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:24 am

ABALIA KYORAKU-HAYDEN

It was rather clear that this question had not been an easy one for Kimitsuki, and that was not particularly surprising to Abalia. She had not expected a simple answer to a question so weighted as that one. Yet, when the answer finally came, Abalia found it perhaps more elaborate than she might have anticipated. By the same token, however, it was every bit the answer that she might have hoped for.

"Yes, I believe that does answer my question. Quite thoroughly, in fact. I should have expected nothing less from you, Kimitsuki."

To deny the offer of marriage, and to one for whom she cared, required resolve. More pressingly, it required a commitment to principle which very few might have had. Abalia supposed she ought not have been surprised, however. She had always had the utmost faith in Kimitsuki, and this only strengthened that view.

"I suppose I ought thank you for that difficult decision. I know that it was not easy, to deny your own desire simply because it was selfish, and because it might bring harm. I will be honest with you, as you have been with me. I have come to wonder if perhaps I was too complacent as a wife. If I allowed for too much."

If Abalia were a more emotional sort, she might have laughed rather humorlessly at the thought. That her own efforts to seek out happiness had proven more self-destructive than anything else.

"My husband, and Liu as well, did not see things as you did. I thought only of the situation as a matter of efficiency, of politicking, and it is only now that the matter is all but irrelevant that I realize my error. I am not one who cares to disparage the dead, Kimitsuki, but I think I might have preferred it had the two of them shared your outlook."

darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:53 pm

The Liberated Flame

Kimitsuki was wholly glad that her answer did answer Abalia's question; especially because of how thorough of an answer it was. It did give Kimitsuki some measure of relief in a situation that was a tiny bit tense for Kimitsuki. No, not tense, more like emotionally charged. Either way, the Danava was relieved. However, what proceeded did manage to confuse Kimitsuki.

Abalia was thanking Kimitsuki for that decision. Not because she didn't like the woman, no far from it. It was more like Abalia thanked Kimitsuki because of what happened during Abalia's marriage. For her to believe that she had allowed too much, Kimi honestly had no idea. What had Hayden been allowed to that had made things far more dour? Aside from the whole dying thing, Kimitsuki had no idea. After all, she was far from involved in their personal lives. However, Kimitsuki did feel a small urge to try and comfort Abalia; but, she had very little idea of how to go about it. After all, she barely knew the woman outside of a professional capacity; aside from the few, possibly rare, times she and Abalia had interacted in non-professional ways.

However, Abalia seemed to wish, or prefer really, that her late husband, that even Liu, had shared Kimitsuki's outlook; that she was hesitant, and careful, because of her fear of hurting those she cared for. Perhaps it could have made things end up differently... or perhaps not. Kimitsuki gave Abalia a small smile, nodding in some understanding.

"Perhaps... I can't say I know either of them well enough to know if it could have helped; but we can't change the past, after all. We can only keep living onward as best as we can; making all the best decisions we can. Even if, in hindsight, they seem poor."

Kimitsuki reached out a hand, gently, to Abalia's and took it. It was a friendly gesture; one meant to reassure, nothing more. However, she was careful when doing it. After all, she still held a great deal of respect for Abalia and she had no wish to disrespect her on accident.

"And Abalia... I'm sure Hayden would agree that you were the best wife he could've had. I have no idea if you allowed for too much, if you were too complacent; it's not my place to know. Perhaps that isn't terribly comforting, but I'm certain you were the best wife you could've been, Abalia. We may not be able to change our past, but we can certainly take steps to learn from past mistakes and make our future better."

Another soft, yet warm, smile before Kimitsuki gently relinquished her hold on Abalia's hand; at least if she was allowed to have held it in the first place. Again, something she was still immensely careful about. After a few moments silence, one in which Kimitsuki was likely staring towards a wall as she gathered her thoughts, unless Abalia was speaking; that's when her attention would be once more upon the woman. Afterwards, however, the demon could not help but sate her curiosity.

"If I may, Abalia... What about Liu and Hayden makes you prefer that they share the same outlook I had? It may not be my place to ask, so you have no need to answer; I'm simply curious."

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:55 am

ABALIA KYORAKU-HAYDEN

"No, we certainly cannot, and I would not think to simply constrain myself to memories of what once was. I am a woman of duty and of principle, and there is much that I must do which would only be held back by such idle reminiscing."

The gesture of holding her hand was one that Abalia did not consider especially untoward, which was perhaps unusual given who Abalia was. However, Kimitsuki was someone that she felt significant trust in on account of their professional relationship, and so such a thing was not so alien to Abalia.

"I think, Kimitsuki, that even if I was willing to allow such a thing, even if I believed that I was doing the right thing by insisting he take another wife, that it would have been preferable had he simply declined it. My reasoning for such an offer was quite simple, that I knew my own nature meant I could not show him the passion that one might expect of a wife, and that I could not be the wife he deserved."

Abalia looked into Kimitsuki's eyes, and despite their typical emptiness, there was the faintest spark of something behind them. Perhaps it was simply the knowledge that she would soon feel a great deal more on this topic.

"Does his acceptance of this offer not mean he agreed with this assessment, Kimitsuki? That I indeed was not enough? In the moment, I cannot say that I am bothered by the thought, for I am bothered by very little. But that will soon change, I think. I have learned recently that my particular emotional state is simply on account of a quirk in my reincarnation. It may well be fixed soon, and when the time comes, I may well feel emotions far more strongly. I wonder if I will then be angry about all of this."

darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:49 pm

The Liberated Flame

Abalia was clearly concerned what she may feel when her emotions eventually were restored, saying her current state of emotion was due to her reincarnation; a quirk of it at least. It was quite the concept, truthfully, especially when thinking about how Abalia may soon be emotional instead of not. To consider that Abalia may emote was quite interesting to Kimitsuki; especially to think that she would be angry at herself for the things she had done while married to Hayden, like requesting that Hayden find more women to love and be married to. She had to consider, for a moment, what that could have meant. Was it simple lust that all beings shared? Frankly, Kimi could well understand why Hayden may have easily acquiesced to Abalia's request; however, such a thing was making Abalia believe she was inadequate. Such a thing seemed impossible to Kimitsuki. She shook her head gently at Abalia. Had Hayden been unhappy with Abalia, with a woman he loved dearly, she would have likely known; at least... Kimitsuki hoped Hayden would have been man enough to own up to such things.

"Abalia, I don't believe that to be true. To believe you were an inadequate lover to him, Abalia, is nothing short of incorrect in my mind; I could be wrong, but I choose to believe that he treasured you. I'm sure Hayden believed himself to be the luckiest man in the world to have you by his side. I won't say what I know nothing about. However, I honestly and truly believe that Hayden thought he was lucky to have you, Abalia; and never regretted a moment with you."

Kimitsuki gave Abalia a warm smile, meaning every single word she said. To believe that Hayden found Abalia unsatisfactory as a wife was quite ludicrous; especially since Arianda believed Abalia to be a very charming woman. If not for multiple factors, Abalia would be the kind of woman Kimitsuki could fall for. However, circumstances demanded differently; especially since Kimitsuki was relatively convinced that Abalia was a straight woman. Pushing such thoughts aside, Kimitsuki gave the woman before her another warm smile.

"I hope you won't come to be angry at yourself for such a decision, Abalia. You made the best decision based upon what you felt at the time; and I don't want you to beat yourself up for past decisions that you can grow from."

Kimitsuki stopped talking for a few moments, staring at her own hands before she reached out and gently took Abalia's own hands once again; smiling at the woman fondly. Even if the smile wasn't returned, Kimitsuki still cared for the woman; and wanted to be there for her if needed.

"Abalia... I'm sure demons being allowed in the Soul Society is very... difficult. But, I want you to know, if you need me, ever, you can always call on me. You're my dear friend, and my leader; I'll be there for you as long as you'll have me, Abalia."

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:19 pm

ABALIA KYORAKU-HAYDEN

"I believe that he held me quite dear as well. I do not wish to make it seem as though I think ill of him. Even if he did indeed consider me imperfect as a wife, I understand that such a thing was true. I do not doubt that he loved me very dearly, and I consider that love to be something noble beyond reproach. Yet, Kimitsuki, I still think that perhaps having ever opened my marriage in this regard was a failing on both his part and mine. It is something that I suppose I can only say I regret."

It was a profoundly uncommon experience that Abalia ever felt regret about much of anything. She was a woman who stood by her decisions with absolute conviction, and who believed in the value of the present infinitely more than simply holding oneself to prior mistakes. However, she could not help but recall this singular mistake, if only because she was aware of exactly how much it would presumably cause her grief in the coming days.

"I do not know what I will feel when the day comes, but today is not that day, if nothing else. For now, I feel nothing more than a dull acceptance that perhaps my own suggestion condemned a perfectly pleasant marriage to a far more unwelcome fate."

Kimitsuki's words were not reassuring, per se, as Abalia was not the sort of woman who actually ever required much in the way of reassurance. However, she considered them very welcome, as it was quite certain that this particular demon was one of the few that Abalia considered worthy of her fullest possible trust.

"There is no concern with a demon such as yourself in Soul Society, at least not with regard to professional business. I suspect that there would certainly be those who would see you with a faint bit of trepidation, and I cannot blame them for that. But, if I feel I require your emotional support, then know that I will certainly call on you."

darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:58 pm

The Liberated Flame

Abalia was clearly concerned what she may feel when her emotions eventually were restored, saying her current state of emotion was due to her reincarnation; a quirk of it at least. It was quite the concept, truthfully, especially when thinking about how Abalia may soon be emotional instead of not. To consider that Abalia may emote was quite interesting to Kimitsuki; especially to think that she would be angry at herself for the things she had done while married to Hayden, like requesting that Hayden find more women to love and be married to. She had to consider, for a moment, what that could have meant. Was it simple lust that all beings shared? Frankly, Kimi could well understand why Hayden may have easily acquiesced to Abalia's request; however, such a thing was making Abalia believe she was inadequate. Such a thing seemed impossible to Kimitsuki. She shook her head gently at Abalia. Had Hayden been unhappy with Abalia, with a woman he loved dearly, she would have likely known; at least... Kimitsuki hoped Hayden would have been man enough to own up to such things.

"Abalia, I don't believe that to be true. To believe you were an inadequate lover to him, Abalia, is nothing short of incorrect in my mind; I could be wrong, but I choose to believe that he treasured you. I'm sure Hayden believed himself to be the luckiest man in the world to have you by his side. I won't say what I know nothing about. However, I honestly and truly believe that Hayden thought he was lucky to have you, Abalia; and never regretted a moment with you."

Kimitsuki gave Abalia a warm smile, meaning every single word she said. To believe that Hayden found Abalia unsatisfactory as a wife was quite ludicrous; For Kimitsuki to see Abalia, a woman she had a great deal of trust and admiration for, in such a state like this; it simply left Kimitsuki in a state of helplessness. She had no idea what she could do for Abalia in this moment. How could she help? The only way she could figure how to help was what she said before; to be by her side, hug her, whatever the woman may require. However, beyond that, Kimitsuki had no idea. She was no emotional expert, and nor was she really quite as capable as some other demons at reading them; at least, if Abalia had any to "read" in the first place. At least, she might not right now.

However, Kimitsuki was glad to hear that she could visit Abalia when needed; and especially that Kimitsuki would call upon Kimitsuki if she was needed. It made the demon smile warmly as she gave Abalia's hands a gentle squeeze; and then let them gently slide out of her grasp. At least, if Abalia didn't maintain a grip of her own. Afterwards, the demon gave the woman that same warm smile and a small nod. Kimi somehow managed to stay positive, warm, and bright even when things got bad. After all, falling to negative emotions was the worst possible thing to do.

"I can't say if everything that has happened as of late is because you opened up your marriage, Abalia. I think it's wrong to assume that one mistake broke bad and turned it into the unfortunate events that are still fresh. Abalia, you cannot blame yourself for events out of your control; even if there exists that smallest possibility that you could have prevented it. Regret if you must, my friend; but don't let it drag you down."

Kimitsuki gave Abalia another smile, at least before offering to hug the woman; if Abalia was alright with it, she would likely receive the warmest hug ever, both literally and figuratively. Kimitsuki was such an odd form of warmth and comfort; one that Abalia would have at her side for as long as she wished.

"And you can depend on me whenever you need me, Abalia. I may not be the wisest with words, but the warmth of a friend can sometimes be better than words. And I'll help you however I am able~ I just hope I won’t be grilled too terribly when I enter Soul Society; weird looks I can handle, I’ve dealt with those just about all my life. I wouldn’t want to keep you waiting when you’re in need of assistance, after all."

Once more, that warm, dazzling smile that could probably entrance some of the toughest men and women danced across Kimi's face; after relinquishing Abalia from that brief hug, if she had allowed it to happen at all. Afterwards, however, Kimitsuki took a cursory look towards the kitchen; contemplating a few things before she gave Abalia a small smile.

"How much time do you have to stay, Abalia? I would love it if you could stay for dinner~"

Template By:
[THEFROST]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum