Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Ottozeo
Ottozeo
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Turn Back The Pendulum: It all starts, After Life [Flash back, Tento/Hanako] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Turn Back The Pendulum: It all starts, After Life [Flash back, Tento/Hanako] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Turn Back The Pendulum: It all starts, After Life [Flash back, Tento/Hanako] - Page 2 Empty Re: Turn Back The Pendulum: It all starts, After Life [Flash back, Tento/Hanako]

Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:44 pm
it was silence during their walk to the water fountain and during the time that they each got water, it was something that did not both Tento really, more time to catch his breath, recover, and observe the room and other students. Everyone was at least showing a little bit of exertion from their efforts, sweat on their brows and foreheads. Their bodies were in various shapes of fitness, some looked slim but musclar, some where skinny, and some were bulky. Try as he might to not to, Tento eyes did notice the woman in the room, the curves of some of the warrioress just too nice to ignore. The training they've done put their bodies in excellent shape. However, none showed that peak look of fitness than Hanako. She looked well trained, toned, and conditions in comparison to everyone in the room, heck, just as conditions as Tento and some of really gym rats he knew when he was alive. Strong arms and legs, that played between being firm and soft, excellent posture that displaced confidence, and a noticeable bust. I wonder how her abs are though...nope nope nope. stop it Tento.

Tento smirked at Hanako, "I suppose that's another one of an educated guess right? I wish I could tell you myself, but they dude only told me this is petty much my test run. Depending on how the teacher says I did, they will decide how the other ones go. I'm gonna try my best though and see what happens".

Things with the masks and the holes? It was strange that the eating part was not that surprised Tento. He heard that soul reapers and hollows fought each other for the outcome of the souls of the living, and that at times, the Shinigami died. Given the basic info he knew of hollows, animal like instincts and such, it was suspected under in his sub conscious that being consumed was a possible ending.

But the thought was still, well, cold to hear. Hanako was just telling him how it was but it was still jarring for someone that just died? to hear about something actively waiting and hunting to devour you. A change of topics was needed.

It seemed Hanako ignored his question about free time. Maybe she had nothing to do in that time? She could be a full on student for all he knew, a burdensome life in Tento's opinion. or maybe she did not like to get diverge that kind information when someone has not gotten to know her. He would try to continue the conversation though and then move it to something else. "I like to, well used to like to? play basketball and workout when I was alive. I have done a little bit since then being here and thankfully it is still very enjoyable. Practicing my marital arts has been the most thing I enjoyed doing the most. The feeling of my lungs working, my muscles tightening and burning, the fatigue after knowing I did my best. I'm sure you know that feeling right?".

Tento's muscles moved and tightened as he moved his hands in his explanation due to his excitement. His light hearted external appearance could be a relaxing sight but in closer look his body was a well sculptured warrior's body carried over from his time in the mortal world. A square body type, broad shoulders even for a guy his build. Strong arms and bruised knuckles from countless reps of knuckle push ups, and athletic legs from kicks, runs, and hours holding stances. It was hard work, but work he was proud of and enjoyed.

Soon they and everyone else were called back from the break. Wooden swords picked back up in their hands as they faced each other. "Alright, here I come!".

He would then charge forward keeping his sword over his torso in front of his body as he moved his legs down, bent. Moving close he would cock the arm for a swing. If she remained in place, he would bring the blade down as he reached 2 meter away from her. He would bring it up again a second later, dropping it quickly to a lowered side angle on his right side before slashing out in a wide arc. After which he would attempt to swing the wooden sword back, a retreating guard swipe to protect his body.

Turn Back The Pendulum: It all starts, After Life [Flash back, Tento/Hanako] - Page 2 Tentos10
Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Turn Back The Pendulum: It all starts, After Life [Flash back, Tento/Hanako] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Turn Back The Pendulum: It all starts, After Life [Flash back, Tento/Hanako] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Turn Back The Pendulum: It all starts, After Life [Flash back, Tento/Hanako] - Page 2 Empty Re: Turn Back The Pendulum: It all starts, After Life [Flash back, Tento/Hanako]

Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:35 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

Turn Back The Pendulum: It all starts, After Life [Flash back, Tento/Hanako] - Page 2 6EdIfMt

Hanako shrugged.

“Sure it’s only a guess. They can still place you in an advanced class I suppose.”

When Tento talked about exercising, feeling how the muscles worked, blood pumping and all, the faint smile that crept onto Hanako’s face was a bit more genuine than before. Of course she knew the feeling. The feeling of righteous exhaustion after a long day of training was one of the few things that let her sleep without dreams. And she liked sleeping without dreams. No nagging thoughts whispering in her ear, no self doubt, no self pity, only the warm, leaden blanked of exhaustion.

“Yes, I know it.” She said and began to wonder why Tento was insisting on small talk. No one tried small talk with her, usually. Not that she was very good at it.
“But I have no idea what this bass-kitt-ball is.”

The free training began and Tento seemed not inclined to pull any punches. Finally, someone who took this as seriously as she did. This was supposed to be preparation for combat, after all, not some afternoon yoga exercises.
When he came close and brought his sword down Hanako brought it up quickly in what seemed to be a block. But when his bokken connected she let the tip of hers drop immediately to deflect his blow. He could still complete the intended movement, but in letting his sword slide off of hers she had steered it away from her body.
Immediately she took another step back while she swung her sword in a wide arc before her to deflect a possible stab. It turned out it wasn’t necessary since she had moved out of his range. So she used the momentum of her own swing to bring her sword into a circular movement and bring it back up over her head. Then she took a large gliding step forward and a little to the side. In the same instant she brought her sword straight down so that it would hit Tento’s shoulder.

Coding Altered From: [The Frost]

Ottozeo
Ottozeo
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:12 am
Tento watched in the quick motion of their bokken clash, Hanako movements quickly causing the initial strike to slide off, and the force coming with it. The second strike being met by Hanako's own wide manuver, moving her sword in a wide arc with a back step to guard against his side strike. They blows wouldn't meet though, for Hanako had taken just enough of a step back to evade. She knows what she is doing, but used more than she needed to to evade. Energy, maybe I can get her to use her habits to waste her stamina?

In the middle of his thinking though, Hanako began her own counter attack. Her sword coming back in a one motion circular swing to guard her head once again. The brown haired amazon like warrior seemed to glide on the ground, moving forward and to the side of Tento like a ghost. A sword straight came down, aimed to strike Tento’s left shoulder. Oh dang she can move...

Moving the sword with one hand, his left one, Tento took the sword from its horizontal plane with force by swinging his arm up like an overhead block, keeping it out to protect his head area and down to his shoulders. The wood smacked into each other with power before Tento would take his right hand and put the back of his fist again his wooden sword to further apply power against Hanako's strike. "wh-at you don't know the joy of basketball?! Its just as good as a good workout if not better, its a workout but more fun".

Keeping contact with the clash, Tento would then drop his left shoulder while pushing to the left in an attempt to deflect Hanako's blow and sword away from his body. Once done, Tento would stomp his right foot out on the outside of Hanako, switching his grip from his left hand to his right hand due to hand position, he would flip his sword so that the wooden blade was pointed behind him with what would be the handle of a real sword facing Hanako's sword and body before stepping inward to strike her open torso with a horizontal smack, swinging his right arm out, attempting to land the blow before sliding the rest off with only keeping the tip in contact. Tento would then attempt to move a few steps forward, position himself behind Hanako.

"That simply won't do. I gotta show you what basketball is sometime".

Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:46 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

Turn Back The Pendulum: It all starts, After Life [Flash back, Tento/Hanako] - Page 2 6EdIfMt

Hanako only gave an unarticulated “tzk” when the two wooden swords crashed into each other. This Tento guy wasn’t half bad. At least he had some strength in him. Hanako’s right corner of her mouth went a few millimeters upwards.

Then Tento dropped a shoulder, deflecting her blow. It wasn’t something she would have expected. Because if she’d continue to grip her sword with both hands, she would automatically turn her left shoulder towards Tento, providing him with a smaller silhouette and less surface to attack.
Before she could make her mind up on what she thought about his tactic or if she even believed it was tactic, Tento returned her attack. He didn’t waste time turning the blade, but switched his grip and swung the sword horizontally.

She used a quick tai sabaki to step out of Tento’s line of attack and another one to do just the same he had done: try and get into his back.

For a moment it seemed as if the two had decided to dance around each other.

“How ‘bout concentrating on this here for now?”

It was almost a growl that came from her mouth. Dangerous and a bit cocky. But if that guy would insist on small talk during the fight he would probably take away some bruises.

When she finished her second tai sabaki and deemed her position right top attack, she tipped her blade to her right side and swung it with force at Tento. It came from her lower right side and was aimed at his ripcage under his arm.

Ottozeo
Ottozeo
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:26 pm
Body shuffled, feet danced, heels slide, and oxygen breathed as Tento's and Hanko's footwork was used to reposition themselves. Hanako using her quick movement to slide out of Tento's strike before shifting and turning to face him once more. Tento really wondered if he could keep up with this women. With no real combat, let alone training experience with the sword, Tento was mainly relying on common sense, instinct, and references from his time in combat and aspects of the martial arts techniques he knew. She had that training though, and four full years of it with going against people, she had the advantage here.

The competition between the two was beginning to heat up, at least from the signs Hanako was giving him. Tento on the other hand was calm, his outward social cheery demeanor staying while keeping the needed level of seriousness in his composure. But he did note how she said it, so much aggression....she either the feisty type or I done made her aggravated somehow. It came like a growl, that forceful, Tento was not used to hearing that from a lady towards him. Only time he could hear a growl a woman was...in private. And this was most definitely not private.

And boi could he feel some time of aggression from her. The wooden sword dropped, coming low from her right side, upward in an angle that would surely hit his rib cage if he failed to act against it. With a snap Tento would take the sword from its middle neutral stance position to a downward angle on his right side. Striking down to hopefully smack Hanako's sword away from his rib cage and further to the ground. Shifting his hand to the right after, moving the sword closer away to the right, Tento would rush forward sliding the wooden sword against Hanako's before once again letting out an horizontal arc strike to the left aiming for slighting above Hanako's breast but below her neck, aiming to hit her square on but leave only a bruise if hit and nothing serious.

"I can cut the chit chat if you want. But who said I wasn't concentrating and taking this seriously??".
Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:53 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

The shin’o student Hanako Yamada was, although her name was basically a japanese version of Jane Doe, a person that stood out. And since it probably wasn’t her name given at birth, but the one she received after she woke up in the hospital without any memories, it was no surprise that it somehow didn’t fit her at all. She was taller than most, due to her training stronger than most, and especially more driven and determined than most. Sadly she was also quite confident in her abilities and more prone to a violent temper. Everyone in this class knew this. Except for Tento.

It took only a moment for Hanako to notice that she had been too confident. She had laid too much force, too much of her body, into the swing. Tento’s bokken snapped around and crashed into hers from above, driving her sword completely off it’s intended course. She could now only reach his hip, at best.
Then she saw his sword sliding along hers and before she could react he smacked the sword into her chest.

A many-voiced “Oooh” sounded through the training hall, followed by muted murmuring. A part of the other students had realised that this fight here was something different, carried out with a lot more energy than the others. And of course, over the last four years, they had come to know Hanako’s temper. Only they didn’t know where it came from. Hanako didn’t talk about her past, never. So no one in the academy, except maybe for the headmaster and his deputies, knew that she had no past. None that she remembered, anyway.

Because of this she had set her eyes on a future goal, to become strong and leave a mark on the world, build something that wouldn’t be forgotten. A proof that she had existed. Failure was something that didn’t go well with this mindset.

Hanako’s facial expression didn’t change by much. But her eyes became even harder and colder...if that was possible at all.

She took a step back. The strip where the wood had hit her burned and would probably leave a bruise soon. She tried to ignore it.
Quickly and before Tento could follow up with another attack, she raised her sword again, stepped forward and brought it down in a diagonal cut, from her right to left. If the cut wouldn’t land, she would continue the motion, use the swing and bring the bokken up on the other side and down again in yet another vertical cut, only from the other side. And then again, if she wouldn’t hit, each time taking a step forward to keep up the pressure on Tento.

Ottozeo
Ottozeo
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:10 am
Tento eyes watched with a determined focus as the wooden sword slide, moving up to land and strike at the gap between Hanako's chest and neck. In inner feelin' of satisfaction came over him for a moment. Not out of a cockiness, or satisfaction against Hanako for some reason, just out of a thrill of landing a blow. It was like in the times where he trained in his martial arts practice, the dodging of attacks and steady stream of counters build up suspense and excitement, being unleashed when hits finally landed.

This sensation was taken away, pulling Tento back into the reality of the training dojo. “Oooh's" filling the training halls and murmuring followed forth. An event that Tento disliked. He wanted to spar and training, and was disapointed in some of his fellow students watching. They were supposed to be training, not watching Tento's and Hanako's spar like it was some type of spectacle show. It was just an annoyance, even more so because of the natural tension increased. No one liked being watched and this could possibly embarrass Hanako with her classmates reaction.

That concern may or may not have been warranted though. Tento would not notice an outward change in Hanako, her face remaining the same but it felt like he caught a gleam in her eyes, a darker shade then before. And with that came further aggression.

Her feet stepped back, her sword raised back up again as she quickly brought her foot forward again, quickly recovering from the hit she took. With her step back though Tento was able to prepare himself for her attack. So when her first hit went out, Tento was able to side step out of the way, stepping to left sideways, and keeping his sword up to protect himself though. The second blow came hard and fast though, coming in just too much for the new Shino academy student to respond to and suffer a strike to his open left shoulder. The force and pressure making him retreat back. As the third blow came a slight change occurred in Tento. A slight increase in his spirit and with a new level of aggression, Tento quickly stomped and pivoted his legs, planting his right your lead foot firmly before smoothly gliding his rear foot, changing his sideways retreat back to a forward facing wall. With a warrior kia, Tento would take his bokken moving it in a diagonal slash opposite of Hanako's, countering and clashing her diagonal right left cut when a diagonal left right cut. The pieces of wood clanked against each other once again, this time a few pieces of Tento's sword breaking off.

"OKAY, break!! Spars done for now".

Turn Back The Pendulum: It all starts, After Life [Flash back, Tento/Hanako] - Page 2 Tentos10
Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:11 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

It was one of those moments when time seemed to slow down. The wooden swords crashed into each. Hanako felt the shock in her arms and heard the loud sound of wood against wood. She saw Tento, looked directly into his eyes, and had time to study his reaction. A piece of wood flew by. She couldn’t see from which sword it was.

Then the moment was over. The sensei yelled at his students that class was over. A chorus of disappointed voices rose for a second, then ebbed away into the usual chatter among students. Some shot a few glances at the pair Tento and Hanako, wondering what would have happened if they’d been allowed to continue. Finally there had been some action…

Hanako ignored them, as usual. She hated being in the center of attention. Having all those eyes pointed at her made her feel hollow and thin, made her afraid of being exposed as a puppet.

With a slow movement she straightened up and lowered her sword. Then she bowed to Tento, following the conventions of martial arts training.

When she returned the bokken to it’s rack on the side of the training hall she was trying to calm down. The fight was over, stopped by the sensei. Let it go, girl, let it go.
She clenched her teeth hard enough that someone close by could see the muscles in her jaw working. The sensei was obviously close enough as he shot her a warning glance, since he was already familiar with the temper of his student Yamada.
To all others she remained outwardly calm as she grabbed her stuff and headed out, her face stonelike, and without any word. If Tento would listen he could hear some of the other remaining students whisper “There goes the ice queen.” or other comments to that effect.

A few days later in one of the small yards of the shin’o academy complex. It was already late in the afternoon, almost evening, and classes were over for the day. Most of the students had retreated to their dorms for dinner, to study or to chill out with friends. Most of them. Hanako, however, was sitting alone in a small yard on a bench, studying a book. She didn’t have any friends and her dorm was just a place to sleep. She preferred being outside as if she’d been a country girl. Only that she didn’t know if she was or if it just was something her mind had made up to fill some of the void. The only thing she could say that she was a girl, that much at least was evident.

The book Hanako was reading was about kido. It was the one discipline she wasn’t very good at. Well, to be honest, she sucked really badly at it. For kido one needed to concentrate, work with the mind. That was the one thing she hated. If she tapped into her mind, went inside it, to create energy from it, she had to face all the doubts, the fear, the frustration and, worst of all, the emptiness that was where memories should have been.
Hanako did well in almost all other classes. Everything physical was, of course, something she could hold her own with the best of her year, but also the theoretical was not too big a problem and she did okay. It was mind work also, but she had to fill her mind with something, let something flow into it. With kido it was vice versa, she needed an outflow, one could say. her distaste for this actually hampered her kido skills in such a way that one of her classmates had told her not too long ago that if she wouldn’t use the last two years to improve at least some, she could very well fail because of this one subject. And so here she was, studying alone.

Ottozeo
Ottozeo
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:22 pm
Tension was high and bodies were tight, the rare moments where the adrenaline flowing though Tento's veins made it feel like time was actually slowing down. The wood clashed into each other, but it was as if he did not hear the impact, did not feel their muscles slam into each other and shake their bodies. He had no idea if it was coming from his own body or the upper class woman Hanako, but the vibration of breaths leaving the body from exhortation and exhilaration was coming from someone. From the sidelines, it would be seen that it indeed was coming from Tento. Tento's face was slightly harder, more aggressive, showing a warrior's face exchanging with another one he deemed as a warrior. Whether it was do to the nature of their clash, their body positions, or something else, Hanako and Tento were staring each other in the face, Hanako at his eyes and Tento back at hers. In a split second, he was momentarily out of the battle, and noted Hanako's clear light blue eyes. He would have commented on how clear and pretty he thought they were if they were in a different situation right now. Oh, she got a few freckles too? I didn't notice that until I got this close....

And then the moment was over. Time cranked back up once again, bring Tento's body back into the quick pace of the events happening. The yell of the teacher breaking it off, the swords of Tento and Hanako moving apart before their bodies bowed down to each other respectfully, and for Tento at least, the unknown eyes watching them and their disappointed noises. He had grown tired of being a spectale and had tuned them out by now. Tento did not know if Hanako heard this because she was moving fast but when Tento bowed he spoke out to her, "Thank you for the spar and challenge Senpai. You are truly strong and I hope to get the opportunity to do this again", Tento words would be clear and audible, showing respect and a tone actually showing enjoyment from their exchange.

After which Tento would go put away his bokken, the open rack for it being far away from Hanako resulting in Tento not seeing the tension in Hanako's face or the look the teacher gave her. As the bodies continued to leave the room at the end of the lesson, Tento's ears were turned back on. Moving out of his concentrated zone and being more away of the people that were once on the sidelines. Comments were flying from students, gossip. An easy way to get a hint of things going around and more importantly how people were feeling about it. Ice Queen. and apparently that name belonged to Hanako.

Time would continue after that, days passed and Tento continued his first week at Shino academy. Growing familiar with the layout, needing less time to get to classes in the day, (more time to sleep and rest), and learn within the environments of the classes he was put in. With that came further instruction from teachers and more interaction with other students. One giving him a solid exposure further to what his skill levels and aptitude was at, and the other giving him further gossip knowledge, try as he might to not care or be involved in it. Words of the freshman clashing with the Fifth year Ice Queen. He heard it repeatedly; she was cold, liked to isolate, and was competitive; competitive to a fault. He would need more experience with her to see what was true and what was people just talking.

On this day, Tento had been in his kido classes. The information still forming within his head, Tento did not go back to his dorm room. Instead he went to the yard, planning to go to the nearby open target area to do target practice. That's when he came upon Hanako, sitting on a bench. He was still a bit away from here but could see the outside of the book, a kido book. "Good day Hanako Senpai".

Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:15 am

The Big Woman

Hanako Yamada

At the sound of a familiar voice Hanako looked up. Someone else being here was a bit unexpected. Hardly anyone ever was at this time of day.

“Tento-kohai…” she said and the surprise showed for a moment.

Hanako wondered what he was doing here. She hadn’t seen him since the sword lesson. It was probably the only course they shared this year. Not that she cared much and it would have surprised her if Tento cared any more. He maybe stood out a lot, like Hanako did, but he was a lot more sociable. It went a long way at the academy. More than anything if Hanako's past four years were any indicator.

Was Tento maybe here to finish what they had started during the sword lesson? No, there wasn't enough tension in his body, as far as Hanako could tell.

"What brings you here at this time of day?" She finally asked.
"No one comes here this late."

She didn't return her attention to the book, trying to ready herself for every possible reaction.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum