Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Sunblind Appreciation - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue174500/99999Sunblind Appreciation - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (174500/99999)
Tiers:

Sunblind Appreciation - Page 2 Empty Re: Sunblind Appreciation

Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:25 am

Uriel Sancroix | Half Blood

"I suppose there is a noble quality to it. How else am I to improve myself, if I never knew whom I truly am?"

He'd smile at Alastair, his head tilting down to look at the wine in his glass. He swirled it watching as it splashed around the glass. The wide upwards turn of his lips causing his face to feel perhaps a little hot, hotter than usual. The sun-tanned skin taking a tint to it as he listened to the dry delivery. Some part of him enjoyed to hear him speak like that, even with the intention behind it. The way his name came from his friend lips.

He looked upwards to meet the gaze of the other Quincy, silently. He searched within those red eyes for something, perhaps a deeper truth or intention. Uriel knew it would take more than an ample amount of alcohol for him to become drunk, thus he wasn't worried about letting something slip. That being his past of course. Nothing else. Even with his own walled off pain, this was such a confusing situation. A bit infuriating too.

He brought the wine glass to his lips, taking a healthy drink. Before placing it down, shaking his head letting out a small sigh. "What you to say, huh?" He'd muse teasingly, his head tilted to the side. What a strange question, to dwell on. "I quite enjoy your personality. It's refreshing, in a way I've seldom experienced recently. It is beautiful in it's own way." He'd remark turning to face the male once more, offering a sheepish smile. Perhaps almost comical considering the difference in the twos height.

By the saints, he felt like a high schooler. This was simply a favor done for a friend in need. A compliment even.

"It will be some time, before the food is ready. Thirty minutes or so." He'd comment, unable to maintain looking at him for very long. Quickly making some work for himself, looking to refill his own glass with the wine. This was all so very strange, to him, now.

END POST | BLINDED BY LIGHT

Sunblind Appreciation - Page 2 JfH75kA
Sunblind Appreciation - Page 2 H8Tyk70
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Sunblind Appreciation - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Sunblind Appreciation - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:41 pm
Sunblind Appreciation - Page 2 MyKcFA8

ALASTAIR EISFLUCH | OFF DUTY

"Then we should hold on to that nobility, should we not? The man I met in that training area certainly appeared true to himself, you might say that his passion was inspiring."

The wineglass whirled in Alastair's hand as he continued to watch Uriel busy himself with the cooking. Red eyes complimenting red liquid as he raised the drink to his lips and finished it. His pale skin, reddened and burned as it was, flushed with colour as he set the glass down again and exhaled. Unlike his companion, Alastair was not gifted with an iron constitution and he also had not eaten anything but hospital food for the past few days - which was not famously fulfilling.

He was trying to process something too, lounging away as they were in his living room. The lights fired up at around that moment, bathing them both in illumination.

"My personality? I suppose I have an attitude that one might call rare, but I never thought of it that way before. Thank you."

In contrast to Uriel's slight smile, Alastair's face had hardened into a focused stare. Cold and unyielding against the subtle warmth of the Administrator. A compliment had been given and exchanged, and no doubt it was expected of him to do the same in turn. So what was he to say? He would think about it in secret, and perhaps surprise the gentle giant with it later.

"Usually, if the food did not take your attention, I would suggest the pool table for a friendly bit of competition. In my current state, I doubt that I would be much of an opponent. Perhaps instead just some music and conversation?"

Icarus Fallen | END POST
MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Sunblind Appreciation - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue174500/99999Sunblind Appreciation - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (174500/99999)
Tiers:

Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:11 pm

Little did Alastair know, his first comment was enough to be considered a compliment by the gentle giant. He listened deeply as the other male spoke, finishing having poured his own drink. Of course he'd lift the bottle upwards inquisitively at Alastair to see if he wanted more, if he did he'd pour him another glass. The reddened face being ignored, for one reason or another.

But when he did bring his gaze upwards, even he couldn't deny the pleasing sight. The soft blush on pale skin, illuminated by the lights and highlighted with the hard eyes of Al. Eyes which reminded of a distant figure, long gone. It only brought him closer to the male, leaning forward slightly at what he had to say.

"Music, and conversation would be nice." The low baritone of his voice, in his voice spoke with ease. Curious to what the other man might have in mind, he'd tilt his head to the side. This caused his gaze to focus on the mess of wild hair on his head, something which caused him to furrow his brow. It looked soft, admittedly, but wild. Unkempt even. Which was perhaps the strangest thing for someone often so formal.

A callous hand would move slowly from his glass, to the hair on the side of his head. In a motion which broke all bounds of propriety that he did not care for, fingers would attempt to run through it slowly. Examining the texture, and length, trying to avoid knots before finally speaking.

"How do you maintain this, this forest? Let alone, look far handsomer than you have a right to, Alastair? I barely manage with mine." He'd finally say, almost exasperatedly.

There would be, however, an amused smile on his lips. A part of him internally wondering, what compelled him to do that. Perhaps he merely wished to break the hard façade he had.

END POST | BLINDED BY LIGHT

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Sunblind Appreciation - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Sunblind Appreciation - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:55 pm

Offering forwards his glass, sliding it across the surface, the wine flowed once more and then he scooped it up again. He studied Uriel with an intense focus, as he wondered if he saw a look of recollection dance across those vibrant eyes, but there was nothing further to gleam. Was the alcohol really clouding his judgement so quickly? Perhaps he ought to pace himself at least a little more responsibly.

He turned over one shoulder without warning, fingers snapping in the direction of a wall-mounted tv. On cue, the device came alive. Music began to play, though if Uriel had wanted any insight into Alastair's music taste he might be rather disappointed as some quiet lo-fi beats soon began to echo from speakers dotted around the room. It was as he turned back to face him that matters took a turn in a way that had not quite been expected.

Suddenly, Uriel's hand was moving through his hair. The statement in itself was enough to perplex the young Sternritter, let alone the fact that the event was, in fact, occurring before his very eyes. He could have jolted away, but perhaps there was something more to this gesture than the immediate intimacy. Was this something that men commonly did to each other after scarcely an hour of knowing each other? Everything was so confusing.

"It does most of the maintaining itself. A quirk, if you will, that keeps it so long and messy. I would imagine most would have gone bald after enduring the heat as I did, but somehow it perseveres."

He did not appear to be lying, the hair was generally smooth down to the very extremities though it was not without knots and tussles. One might assume that generally Alastair would keep it a little more combed and restrained, but he had not been afforded such a luxury today.

"That is twice now you have complimented my person in as many minutes, though, Mister Sancroix. I can hardly be offended by such, but what am I to make of this?"

An edge had dropped from his voice, a chip perhaps in that facade, but there was still some pointedness to his question. A matter of intent and understanding.

Icarus Fallen | END POST
MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:43 am

He supposed he should have expected this, he was too bold. Far too aggressive in every event her took part in. Some part of him was yelling at himself for breaking ranks like this, indulging himself in a way which he held no right to. Despite that he had performed such a risk prone action without thinking as to how or why he could explain it. To himself, and the other man before him. It was hardly becoming of himself to run from the inevitable truth before him, regardless of what the outcome was. Blue irises caught red eyes, juxtaposed in more ways than one.

There was still the issue of his hand which now sat idly in the hair of the other, moving not an inch as silent filled the area. The tightening of the jaw of Uriel evident, the internal conflict bring something to light. At the end of the day, the fact the question remained in his own head showed that something.. different was afoot. Soon his head would turn away facing towards the window-wall, staring into the city of lights. Briefly thinking he might change the subject before dismissing such a thought.

"I must be honest, to perhaps the frustration to us both." He'd mutter as his hand sought to slowly withdraw, perhaps some internal part wishing he'd stop him. Although, within his heart of hearts, he knew such an action would not be taken. Why he wanted such a thing caused a pit to fall within his stomach, the soldier-warrior feeling a heavy lead now in his throat. "I do not quite know." The heavy words left his mouth in the closest thing to a confession which could be offered. Without looking at him, he did not feel very bright in this moment.

As if the sun it's self was consuming it's own core, unable to produce light. Worry caught on the edge on his features, as slow realization washed across his face. This could not be, he had never- surely- not. Yet, now he stood here in the room of a man whom he barely knew but felt a great and intense passion towards. In the exchange of blows, and the brief words they shared, he felt as if something was gleamed from one another.

And that, held a profound effect on the soldier.

"I apologize, perhaps I have made a grave mistake. I do not know what I was, what I am, quite thinking Alastair." He'd add on preparing to seemingly turn to the Oven, most likely to make some excuse about the food needing checking. Already preparing to say something else if he was not stop, clearly feeling all the fool. He was not even able to give a straight answer, to himself or the other male. It felt like a great lump rested on his adam's apple, wishing to be said but unable to be brought to the surface.

He felt, pitiful.

END POST |

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:51 pm

Placing down his drink, which he had yet to start on again, both of Alastair's hands raised to clasp Uriel's as it made to retreat. They were warm hands, though perhaps that was because they were wrapped in bandages and half-hidden under a thick sweater as opposed to some latent heat. Still, even both of them failed to properly wrap around one of Uriel's own. His gaze did not falter for a moment as he bid for him not to turn away, though there was very little actual strength to the gesture.

"Fine, I will say what I think you think then. You saw something you could not quite explain, felt something you could not quite control, and so you came here tonight to see if it was anything more than a strange coincidence."

His delivery was cold, accusatory almost, but his hands still wrapped Uriel's and his eyes only grew more intense. Even his mouth seemed to resist a little as he spoke, but those narrow lips found no purchase. He was surprised in himself for finding the courage to say it, even if he did so in such a roundabout way that it tactfully set the land straight, for he truly did not wish to upset the other man.

Was it cold-hearted for him to say it at all? Probably. But hard truths often followed lacklustre answers.

There was a softer side to every story, Alastair was no exception, so he would be what Uriel needed him to be. Because that was what a friend would do. Even in a friendship as strange and spirited as this.

"We can talk about it or we can keep moving forward. Either way, you are a good man and a better friend, Uriel, so be honest with yourself. Oh, and make sure that the food is not burning."

With that, he released the giant hand and made to go fiddle with the volume on the TV. The music was awfully quiet right about now.

Icarus Fallen | END POST

MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:35 pm

When the weakened male grasped Uriel’s hand a part of him seemed to freeze. As if his mind could not properly process what he was supposed to feel. And then he spoke. Words which themselves did little to ease the storm within him. A flash of rapid emotion seemed to form in his head, in his chest. That lump which has formed growing more, until it was going to spill from his mouth. Because in this moment, after Alastair finished everything he said- buttons where pressed.

He was a lot of thing, some better than others. But he was not a bloody coward.

Silently, perhaps with far more force than he should, he would begin to remove the pan from the oven. Each movement sharp, clearly that of someone whom held a great deal of aggression in them. He didn’t even bother to use oven mitts, just grabbing the hot pan without a bother in the world. Holding the searing pot, he’d place it on top of the stove preparing the meal proper.

Finally, he’d turn around as the food began to cool. It would need some time, serving it hot wouldn’t be ideal. But that wasn’t what was on his mind. Instead his blue irises seemed to narrow on Alastair. The same hard look he gave him, and the same hard look he saw in the arena. It appeared he’d tackle this, with the same all consuming flame he could barely contain.

“I’m no coward.” The words left his mouth with perhaps more force than he intended, like that of a man who had his character brought into question. He walked from around the bar, to directly in front of the male. Or at least to his side, a hand resting on the bar. His face contorting into that determined, unyielding expression so very often seen. “I’m a lot of things. I wouldn’t call myself a good man. Not with the things I’ve done. The things I still do.” He’d stop himself for a moment, his eyes moving away from Alastair- as if he couldn’t meet his gaze once again.

But just as quickly, the soldier-warrior brought his gaze back. Reaffirmed, disregarding consequence and action. Because at the end of the day, he had charged through life meeting conflict daily. To shy away from this, would be a betrayal of the true aspect of himself. “But what I am, right now, regardless of tomorrow or yesterday, is here. Because I was compelled to seek you out, after nearing killing you. I saw a man whom risked everything, gave everything to me when they did not need to.” He’d close his hand into a fist which rested on the bar, the elegance of Alastair juxtaposed against the almost roughness of Uriel.

“I know what it is, man. Running from such things like a child. Alastair, God damn you.” He’d mutter through clinched, defiant teeth. Let this be over, let the pain come. He did not shy from it. “I have never felt an attraction to another man, and yet, here I am. I barely know you, and yet, here I am.” He’d remark with a laugh, shaking his head as he allowed the words to slip.

Perhaps he was merely playing the role of tough man, or maybe he had simply remembered who he was. Perhaps he didn’t care to be rejected, at least he could be honest about this. In a web of lies, where truth and lie became blurred, these feelings could at least be true. And as defiant, perhaps even angry eyes, stared at Alastair it was very much the same man whom he had fought with.

Set ablaze with that internal fire, threatening to consume him. For as much as the Sun gave life, to bask in it too long would bring destruction.

END POST |

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:55 pm

Having upped the volume a few notes, perhaps because he had expected an increase in volume from the conversation or just because the atmosphere needed it, Alastair approached the counter again and listened to what Uriel had to say in his defence. It was a lot to process, and so there was a prolonged silence that followed as the air grew tenser. He had pushed some buttons, perhaps because he wanted to see the outcome, and a small part of him had expected to be covered in boiling ratatouille or worse.

So that was it then. He was not imagining all of this, his statement was correct and he was now expected to process this. A hand reached for the glass that he had left behind, picking it up and emptying most of the contents down his throat without pausing for thought. It was not a pleasant experience, but at that moment he needed something to take the edge off.

"You did what you had to do to get here. And you continue to do it because it is better you do than leave it to someone else. Maybe, deep down, because you know you are good at it. Or, deeper than that, because at some base level - despite knowing that you should not - you might just enjoy it."

"Was that the man who walked into that arena? Because that was a man that knew of risk and sacrifice, who was willing to give everything to feel that rush once more and yet found something greater still. Or was it just me?"

Finishing off the last of his wine with a final heavy gulp, Alastair felt his whole body protest as he turned to face Uriel and pushed out his chest to stand at his full height. He still paled in comparison to the other man in almost every dimension, but he supposed that was the price for having a defiant soul.

Honestly, he had not thought this far ahead. He had felt something in that arena that he had never expected to, but perhaps that was what it felt to be truly open with someone. What mattered beyond that was whether this was an isolated incident or whether Uriel was the spark that ignited the canvas. Even now, having played the whole fight over in his head ever since he first awoke, he had not found an answer.

Icarus Fallen | END POST

Last edited by Locke on Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:38 am

Defiant eyes and bruised skin. That was what Alastair was. A broken and beaten man who's body had been scorched by the sun for daring to step too close. The wax from his wings had melted, and he plummeted towards the sea. But within that body, within those red irises, was the spirit of an undefeated man. The sort of thing that dead philosophers spoke of, that undefeated spirit of mankind that all men where born with. Men such as he where made to be broken by life, and yet, remain undefeated in soul.

Uriel craned his neck down to look at the male who had stepped to him, once more pressing closer to the sun. As if knowing that one stray move, one errant motion, could result in his collapse. Even if Uriel himself knew he could not bring himself to inflict further pain upon him in this moment, such a thing could not be confirmed by Alastair. Gone was the timidity which had briefly clouded his brain and vision, replaced with bold determination. A dangerous thing when one did not fully know what their determination was towards.

He couldn't help but grin, to crack that wide predatory smile Alastair had saw when they fought. The smile of a man whom had given himself up utterly to the now, to the stand within a hurricane and bask in it's fury. Whatever the result, he didn't care. Because in this moment, staring down at the fiery hair'd male, he could at least true to himself.

"I said it during the fight. To place one's blood, life, or honor on a worthy cause was glorious enough. To achieve victory, or fail with sufficient grace, is an aware in its self." He'd remark in a low baritone, watching for movement of Alastair. A life of war had not allowed him to know peace, even in a moment like this, some part of him felt prepared for battle. "That man is in front of you, and now he asks you, in that carnage did you feel it as well?" He'd question, edging closer a half-step.

He lifted a hand upwards, placing it against his own heart. The steady powerful beat of the organ a testament to the now. That he was alive. "Every day I awake knowing today may be my last, Alastair. Knowing that I chose this path, and between every beat of my heart, I move forward. I am good at it. I do enjoy it." His heavy hand would close into a fist on his chest, looking down at it briefly before slowly moving it forward. With care, but enough to be felt, he'd press the fist against Alastair's own.

"Because, I know it is not why I fight that matters. Only that, I do fight."

END POST |

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:14 pm

There was that damnable wolfish smile, and gone was the timid pleasantries of before. Uriel has not changed, rather the shawl had been pulled back and his true nature was laid bare once again. Most would have been foolish to do as Alastair did, to stand before the beast without restraints and call forth his fury, but they were both here because he had been too tenacious to back down. It could certainly be viewed as stupidity, but Alastair did not believe it was, and he chose to believe that neither did the man before him.

His head tipped back to meet Uriel's gaze as the large fist pressed into his chest. There was resistance as Alastair's body tried to push closer, but equally so was it driven back by the force that it could not match. Where before a physical contest would have been comically one-sided, it was now not a contest at all. Uriel acted and Al had not the strength to stop him.

"The warrior's curse. To fight because you know you must, but know that you will never be able to stop that feeling."

He paused, a fist of his own now raising to place against Uriel's own chest - though it was more like his midriff.

"Yes, I felt that call too. Pushing me to keep going even when all logic would have suggested I was bested. Because I know that I have to keep moving forwards because if I do not then I risk looking backwards, and that is where my failings lie."

"Perhaps I am flawed, for I knows I have made plenty of mistakes, but I do not regret fighting with you." The first opened into a bandaged hand that flattened itself against Uriel, slender digits threatening to claw at his clothes. "And I long for a chance to do so again. Because I have to keep getting better, stronger, and you are the strongest I know. That is why I call you a good man."

Icarus Fallen | END POST
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum