Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A New Generation[Invite] Left_bar_bleue0/0A New Generation[Invite] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

A New Generation[Invite] Empty A New Generation[Invite]

Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:25 pm
A New Generation[Invite] GJVUdSJ

MIYASHIRO HIROE

"Do not seek aesthetics in waging war.

Do not seek virtue in death.

Do not think your life is your own.

If you wish to protect the things that are worth protecting, then cut down the enemy you ought to defeat from behind.”

Walking through the halls of the Shinigami academy, Hiroe continued to ruminate on a particular section of the Shino Academy's textbook she had glanced over ever since she settled in to the academy.

The woman who mentored her from a young age had always told her to take her dream of becoming a seated member seriously. Do not look at it as if it was the highlight of your life but a career you had to embrace wholeheartedly. It wasn't some type of trophy you showed off to your friends but a lifestyle that demanded training and endless refinement of technique.

Compared to those who truly wished to change the scales of the world or bring a sense of order to their respective districts in the Rukongai, Hiroe had felt somewhat intimidated by what it meant to fight for something, to surrender her destiny to the unknown. If step one of her dream was a success, she would be fighting and purging hollows or, worse, other unknown entities she had no prior knowledge of.

At that point, it could certainly be said her life would no longer be promised to her, compared to the simplistic life she could have chosen as a tailor in a warm and loving home. Rumination complete, Hiroe decided she would continue to explore this path and learn what she desired to fight for beyond achieving the initial dream.

Walking towards the training hall, a place where a blossoming Shinigami could train as freely as they desired without an instructor, Hiroe set her bag down as she placed her hand at the hilt of her Asauchi. She could train with her practice sword but Hiroe desired to become bonded with her blade and explore the connection anytime an opportunity decided to present itself.

Drawing her Asauchi from it's sheath, she took a deep breath. With a sharp exhalation, she executed a swift, downward slash. Positioning her fingers around the hilt with a firm grip, she took a few steps backwards, bringing the sword upwards to perform a vertical strike. She started slow to create a rhythm but steadily increased the tempo, working up a small sweat as she operated at her own pace.

NEW RECRUIT

Last edited by Iori on Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:02 pm; edited 5 times in total
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A New Generation[Invite] Left_bar_bleue419100/999999A New Generation[Invite] Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

A New Generation[Invite] Empty Re: A New Generation[Invite]

Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:06 pm
A New Generation[Invite] RDG0N5T

KAITO TOMOYUKI | GHOST OF THE RUKONGAI

Never did a day go by where his mind wasn't wrought with the thoughts of those he left behind, the home he promised to return to, and give back to the people kind to him. It was what motivated him, what drove him to do his best. So, after classes had ended for the day, Kaito found himself strolling the halls of the academy grounds, his fingers lightly running across the smooth, lacquered wood of his bokken.

To some extent, he often preferred the comfortable nostalgia of his first weapon over the lethal steel that he also carried at his side. Maybe it was the difference in weight, or even the faded scent of the wood, invoking feelings of longing toward home. He found himself smiling as he quietly stepped into the training hall, a hand firmly, yet carefully, gripped around the "handle" of the wooden weapon. But, his attention was quickly garnered by the other person in the room, a young woman who seemed to share the same thought as him.

At first, he didn't say anything, keeping himself as he watched for a bit, admiring her budding skill in swordplay from a distance. But, he noticed something about her grip that sparked a memory, something that one of his instructors told him. Quietly, he approached her, reaching out and gently tapping her shoulder to get her attention as he spoke.

"Excuse me? I, uh, just wanted to give a little tip on the grip of your sword. It's a small note, but try using your pinkie as support around the pommel. It should help make your grip sturdier and keep your posture from breaking as easily."

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A New Generation[Invite] Left_bar_bleue0/0A New Generation[Invite] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:01 am

MIYASHIRO HIROE

A gentle tap to the sword tailor's shoulder would cause her to pause, turning her head to face the male who had approached her. Surveying his appearance, Hiroe whistled fondly as she observed the male with curious eyes. He appeared to be a fellow student. Directing her gaze towards her Asauchi, Hiroe nodded her head.

For a moment, she playfully contemplated flirting with him but her focus remained adamant as she followed his advice, repositioning her fingers around the hilt of her sword, using her pinkie fingers to support the pommel of the blade, stepping a few meters forward, executing a downward strike that felt far more fluid than her first attempt.

This more proper grip allowed her to shift into another strike, a horizontal slash dancing across the air. A satisfied grin formed on her face as she noticed a marked improvement in her posture and movement. That one piece of advice felt as if it was working wonders already! Turning to face Kaito, she bowed politely before offering her hand towards him to shake his hand and introduce herself.

"That was a helpful piece of advice! Thank you. My name is Hiroe Miyashiro. What's yours, fellow classmate?"

NEW RECRUIT

Last edited by Iori on Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
A New Generation[Invite] Left_bar_bleue419100/999999A New Generation[Invite] Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:52 pm

As she went to assume her stance again, Kaito smiled and took a step back to give her room. He took a careful look at her stance and form as she tested out the new grip. He was glad to see that she was taking to it naturally, and her strikes already looked far more rigid and sturdy. As she turned to face him, he chuckled softly, shaking his head and his hands as she bowed to him, before extending a hand. Taking a few steps forward, he gave her a firm, but gentle handshake as she spoke.

"Kaito Tomoyuki, glad to be of help. Can't take all the credit for it, though. One of my instructors gave me that little tidbit, and so far, it's helped immensely. Usually, you'd never think that small details like that would improve so much, huh?"

He offered a small wave and a warm half-smile before folding his arms below his chest, right at his stomach. It wasn't meant to be a gesture of disappointment or anything, just, something to do with his hands while they stood.

"If you don't mind me asking, are you a second year like me? You seem to take to Zanjutsu naturally, even with a small adjustment like that."

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:42 am

MIYASHIRO HIROE

"It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Kaito. There's definitely a notable difference I feel in my posture after listening to your advice. Therein lies the beauty of swordsmanship. You think you've mastered one form of movement or technique only to realize the difference in your own skill versus that of someone who has truly mastered their own style of swordplay."

Hiroe would gaze at her Asauchi as she lifted the blade towards her shoulder. She had not yet imprinted her soul upon this blade in the way she may have desired but Hiroe still felt a bond to the blade that words could not properly illustrate. It was a symbol of the friendship she shared with her mentor, Saeko. For the effort and time that woman took to teach a meager tailor how o wield a sword... Hiroe was determined to achieve her dream and strive beyond her station in life. Shoot for the stars. Always.

Turning to face Kaito directly, she tilted her head as she smiled, stroking her chin confidently as he complimented her on her Zanjutsu. Ah, what blissful fortune~ A handsome second-year commending a first year like her on her sword skill~? A myriad of romantic scenarios formed in her unpredictable mind as a small, mischievous blush formed on her cheeks. With an elegant sway of her hips, she placed her Asauchi at her side, gazing at Kaito with an amused pair of green orbs.

"You think so, huh~? Well, sorry to burst your bubble but I'm a first year~ I take to Zanjutsu naturally because I was mentored by a seated member of the Gotei. She's an admirable woman... I owe her my eternal gratitude. This blade... this blossoming skill... I would have none of it were it not for her taking a chance on me. I hope to make her proud and join her one day as a member of the Gotei."

NEW RECRUIT

Last edited by Iori on Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:24 pm

Kaito smiled, appreciative of her introspective thinking. It was the beauty of almost any form of combat -- there was going to be something new, something more to learn to refine yourself. Even if you were at the top of the world, there was always more to be done.

"I suppose swordplay is technically a never-ending process, much like Hakuda or Hoho."

However, he turned from warmth to surprise at the revelation that she was a first-year, mentored be a member of the Gotei. A lucky woman, certainly, to be able to have that honor, and for her to take those lessons and manifest her own dream of joining the ranks of the Gotei -- it felt so much more lofty, compared to him.

"It's a good goal to strive for. The entire point of the academy is to prepare us to enter the Gotei, isn't it?"

Kaito trailed off, a faraway look coming to his eyes as he found himself staring aimlessly at the other end of the room. He hadn't thought that far when it came to his own progression in life, he wasn't sure where he would end up in the Gotei, or even what would happen to him, should he dare to enter the World of the Living to cleanse and purify Hollows.

All he had on his mind now was to continue his studies so that he could return to the Rukongai, give back to those kind to him, and protect his home to make it a better place. But, part of him was concerned of how he would even do that, should he be enlisted in the ranks of the Court Guard squads? Would he ever have the opportunity, much less the time?

A tinge of fear suddenly gnawed at his heart with the notion of being unable to fulfill his promise, and a hand gripped the sleeve of his uniform tightly, lightly pinching his skin through it and forcing him to come back to reality, a warm, albeit somewhat forced smile lining his features as he spoke.

"Apologies, got a bit...lost in thought. I'm sure that you'll make them proud. You're following in their footsteps, are you not? You've also been putting their teachings to good use, given you're already taking it to heart and improving with just the smallest of adjustments. I'd say that's already one step closer to achieving that goal, Hiroe."

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:40 pm

MIYASHIRO HIROE

Hiroe stifled a smile filled with utmost glee as she temporarily turned away from her fellow student, clearly flattered by his heartfelt words. She quickly regained her composure, clearing her throat as she turned to face Kaito once more. Hiroe truly did feel a sense of validation and a sense of belonging from his words.

No matter how much comedy she intended to have at others expense or flirt with handsome boys in the academy, she generally remained focused on the path she had laid out for herself. To know that her work was being recognized felt invigorating.

Sheathing her blade for but a moment, she turned to Kaito and gazed at him with a curious pair of green eyes, interested to learn about what it was that brought him to the academy.

"So, Kaito... what brings you to the academy? What are you goals and motivations?"

NEW RECRUIT

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:34 pm

At first, he was worried that he had done something to offend her as she turned around, just barely seeing the smile as she moved, only for her to suddenly clear her throat and turn back around to face him. Kaito found himself smiling as he reached out, gently poking her cheek.

"You don't need to hide when you smile."

He stifled a quiet chuckle as his hands fell back to his sides, resting against the handles of the weapons at his side, before Hiroe asked him why he was at the academy. He opened his mouth to speak, but quickly turned his head to the floor, rubbing the back of his neck. It felt awkward for him to be there for such an...admittedly simple reason, compared to the rather lofty goal of her desire to join the Gotei and rise to the top.

He was just some poverty-ridden guy from the Rukon. He didn't have some sponsor or special trainer like she did with the member of the Gotei she trained under, he was just...a person trying to do his best. So, clearing his throat, Kaito quietly spoke, a bit embarrassed at the mundanity of his life.

"Um, well...it's not really all that special. I'm just a regular guy from the Rukongai. I wanted to join the Academy to try and refine my skills, to become stronger, to learn more ways to protect my home, and one day...give back to everyone that was good to me."

He paused, retrieving the wooden sword at his side and holding it in his hands.

"This is probably the biggest one. There was an old woodworker in my hometown, and I asked him to make this for me so that I could protect people from the criminals in my district."

Kaito smiled at the memory, something that felt both so close and so far away at the same time. Even with an Asauchi at his side, there was part of him that always seemed to revert to that little bit of nostalgia.

"I'm thankful to have lived in a community with...mostly good people."

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:46 pm

MIYASHIRO HIROE

A soft shade of red formed in Hiroe's cheeks as she gazed at Kaito, faintly blushing in response to his comment. Rendered speechless for a moment, Hiroe remained silent so as to allow Kaito to speak and express his own tale and his purpose behind entering the academy. By his standard, his reason and purpose wasn't all that special but Hiroe disagreed with that point of view.

His desire to give back to the people who raised him was an idyllic notion. One worthy of her respect. Few seemed to radiate the intent to give back to their people. Where she came from, few rarely returned to share their riches or help make the districts a better place. If they reached the top and graduated, they were simply content with reaching their goal and enjoying the benefits of their division and a good paycheck. Compared to them, there was a sacred beauty about Kaito's intentions that Hiroe openly welcomed. She hoped he would succeed.

Regarding the wooden sword with a curious gaze, she nodded her head as she followed Kaito's origin story, his purpose behind forging the blade. Her opinion of him had only strengthened as she continued to learn more about Kaito. Touching the wooden sword with her hand, she gazed up at him and smiled.

"The selflessness of your desire is worthy of admiration. Those who usually graduate and become a member never seem to look back outside of a visit or two. That you desire to give back to the people is nothing short of commendable and I will support you on that path if need be as we reach the top. We're friends now, after all," she'd quip playfully as she winked, pointing a finger gun in his direction.

NEW RECRUIT

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:03 pm

Kaito was a man of humble origins, someone who was content with focusing on the present, rather than looking too far to the future, or centering himself on the past. As such, the idea of reaching the top, or being anywhere near such a thing, whether in the Gotei or the Academy, never occurred to him or even so much as lightly breached his thoughts.

Thus, the brief, passing line of reaching the top as Hiroe gave a pledge to help her new friend was something that puzzled him, bringing him back to his previous thought process. Part of him was worried that his goal would never be within reach -- that his time in the Academy would consume his life, with enlistment in the Gotei likely being an even bigger piece of time consumption.

Perhaps his goal was admirable in the eyes of someone else, but that meant little if it wasn't reachable. But, he held his tongue, offering a warm half-smile to Hiroe. That was one other thing that had taken him aback -- her calling him a friend. He wasn't a social butterfly, so, making friends didn't exactly come naturally to him, instead being focused on getting what he needed done.

So, unsure of how to respond, he glanced at the hand gesture, slowly raising his hand and returning the finger gun, chuckling awkwardly. Not long after, he moved his hand to rub his arm, his gaze quickly shifting to the floor.

"Well...I'm glad that you find it admirable, and even more appreciative that you consider me a friend."

He paused, resting his gaze at the two weapons at his side -- one, the instrument of a child, seeking to stand against those who wronged him, and the other, the steel armament of a growing soldier.

"But, reaching for the top...honestly, that thought never crossed my mind. I'm not here to impress people or to be some shining example, I'm just here to become someone that the Rukon can look up to. I suppose, to live up to the name that they gave me as well, 'Ghost of the Rukongai'."

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum