Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Hakuda Matata [Lerna/Asami - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Hakuda Matata [Lerna/Asami - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Hakuda Matata [Lerna/Asami - Page 2 Empty Re: Hakuda Matata [Lerna/Asami

Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:06 am
Hakuda Matata [Lerna/Asami - Page 2 HEADER_tumblr_a5b5f603103629f26c324d1d51eb8cb2_720fb8d8_1280-1-cutout

Lerna was wholly unaware of her teacher's gaze, or whatever regrets the woman may or may not have had about manhandling the tar out of Lerna during class. Though the woman's agreement with Lerna's idea of where to head as well as the woman's comments about food had her turning around and promptly flashing a pair of fingerguns at the woman. "Bingo! That's why I've been trying stuff out!" She chimed, as they began to close in on their destination, insofar as them actually beginning to make their way toward the edge of the campus. It would still be a while until they made it tot he market district, but she hardly was that bothered by it.

"Besides, it does work out great. Once I learn how to make this stuff, it'll be great! These rukongai students love that shit." She noted with a light chuckle, pausing for a moment as she looked over her shoulder in the woman's direction. "Actually, are you from the Rukongai? You do have a bit of a Noble vibe." She observed.
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Hakuda Matata [Lerna/Asami - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Hakuda Matata [Lerna/Asami - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:09 pm

Hakuda Matata [Lerna/Asami - Page 2 QBwp8R0

Furukawa Asami | Officer of the 5th

The fingerguns took Asami by surprise, so much so that she loosed a short little laugh in response to the gesture. Lerna was certainly a ball of energy now, more like the livewire side of the woman was so rarely seen in her classes, and that did draw a natural smile to even Asami's lips as she found herself quite caught up in the rush of it all.

"Quite the budding chef, aren't you?"

She looked like she was going to continue with that playful conversation but the mention of where she was from did cause her to bristle. It wasn't that she was exactly offended by the question, maybe a little that Lerna did not already know the answer to that question, but equally interesting was the fact that she did not put herself in with the other Rukongai students.

"Oh, I am of noble blood, yes. My family own a little estate here in the Seireitei, if you really must know."

Burning the midnight oil | END POST
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:43 pm
Hakuda Matata [Lerna/Asami - Page 2 HEADER_tumblr_a5b5f603103629f26c324d1d51eb8cb2_720fb8d8_1280-1-cutout

Lerna grinned from ear to ear and gave a dismissive, but very proud combination of a wave and a smile in response to the suspicion that SHE, the super talented Lerna, might be pretty good in the kitchen. "Well I ....don't mean to toot my own horn, but I DID manage to make an entire lasagna without burning any of it." She noted, obviously bragging a little as she shined her knuckles on the lapelk of her shuhakusho and gave Asami a wink as if she were some celebrity refferring to a fan.

The mention of nobility DID cuase her to perk up and tilt her head for a moment, itching a bit at the side of her cheek when she noticed that look. Hmmm. "Ah right. It's been kinda ....weird to see that stuff. Kinda haven't seen it in ages you know, back before shit was so fucked up. Well, on earth at least. The whole Noble line thing kinda burned out except for a few isolated places. So it was a little weird suddenly hearing about all these clans and stuff up here. Still kinda struggle to remember that kinda stuff, sorry if I seemed a little insensitive." She noted with an anxious look on her face, a bit overaware that she'd lost a bit of traction. "Do you....LIKE being a noble?" She decided to ask, glancing toward the professor as they walked along, the notion of washing off after class admittedly briefly taking a side seat to the conversation they'd struck up now.

It was..... interesting to say the least. It felt a little like ......talking to a Gang boss. The woman obviously had that authority about her, and that slight tinge of .... being used to being talked to a certain way. At the very least she seemed ...SOMETHING like that. Normally she herself usually rolled with that stuff a lot more easily... huh. Maybe all that time spent away from earth was making her rusty. Oof, she hoped not.
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:49 pm

An entire lasagna, was that a joke or was she being serious? Wait... Could she do that? There was a split-second as Asami was about to strike back with a sharper retort before she caught herself in that moment of self-doubt and thought better of it. She was not a 'bad' chef as far as things went, but, equally, she was not a master either so it was not within her rights to besmirch the progress of another. She did roll her eyes at the brush-off gesture, though.

"It was... Weirder before. The nobility once ruled the Soul Society, even the Gotei danced to the beat of their song. That was before the Captain-Commander reformed matters. So I guess you've come at a period of something of a renaissance."

A hand ran almost absentmindedly through the bottom of her ponytail as she spoke of noble life, fingers twirling the loose ends. It was strange to think of the dichotomy between her life and those that had been outside the upper echelons. How her struggles were likely so inconsequential to them, and yet had been so deathly important. Still, it was a chip in the armour of the usually tactful instructor.

"But how were you to know if you didn't ask? I can't fault you for being blunt about it. As for my own opinion, there are plenty of perks to being one but it also puts you on a pedestal your entire life. I am the head of my family, as small as we are, but there are still expectations that I will always have to uphold. I dislike lauding that information, and yet often the situation calls for it."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:03 pm

Lerna nodded lightly at that, drumming her fingers lightly as she eyed the woman. "I remember one of the students in my class sortof getting hissy about that. What was it he said.....that when the Five Great Houses convened, their Authority circumvented even the Central 46. But after the whole Shiba thing, that kinda went down the toilet. Or something like that. I wasn't quite sure how much of what he was was real or just some ass smoke someone had blown up there." She noted with an idle tilt of her head as she imagined such a thing.

Lerna's attention shifted over to Asami and she paused to make note of that gesture. Interesting. She didn't remember seeing it before, maybe she had just missed it? Then again, perhaps Hakuda class just wasn't something stimulating enough to trigger deep thought, how long had she been teaching it? Questions for later she supposed. She nodded slowly as she took in the information that Asami had in regards to noble life, and she couldn't help but smirk a little. "A pedestal huh? I guess people just have that kinda deal about em. Once you're awesome enough they see you as kinda....inhuman. People don't really like to imagine those above them as just....you know...people. If they did, that means that they simply aren't trying hard enough, or that it just wasn't within their control. Both answers they tend not to like." She noted with a slight smile and a chuckle, amused.

She paused, glancing at the other woman and brightening that grin. "But you won't have to worry about that from me. I may not look it, but I was a pretty big deal back in my day." She noted, once again fluffing herself just a bit as they soon arrived in the market area. A pause as she .....looked around the various carts....jeez she barely had even realized they had made it all the way to this district. All the same, she stuck her tongue out in a thoughtful little blep before glancing toward the woman. "Wanting anything in particular? Not gonna lie, after all that workout I'm in the mood for some carbs, but honestly I'm not that picky."
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:45 pm

Tossing the ponytail over her shoulder, satisfied with her work on that end, and listened to Lerna recite some history that was beyond even her time. That did make her feel a little younger, at least, but she supposed it was worth correcting her on what she had meant.

"This was only a few years ago now, actually. When the great houses overreached and Captain Abalia broke the wheel. That business with the Five Houses did happen a long time ago, but the remaining Houses got smarter and nothing really changed as far as I understand it."

Asami glanced sidewards, her senses picking up on the manner in which the other woman was studying her, and it put her a little on edge. It was disarming that she had been quite so confident and cocksure from the second they had left Academy grounds, but equally, that was also amusing.

"So you were inhuman too, once upon a time? What happened for you to end up here? Quite the fall from grace, if I do say so."

Glancing around the marketplace, there were plenty of stalls that she recognised. Others that she did not know at all, but perhaps that was part of the fun from this particular dining experience. She reached over a hand, clapping Lerna upon the closer of her shoulders in a supportive little gesture, before flashing a broad smile.

"I did tell you to decide, not up to the task?"

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:47 pm

Lerna couldn't help but smile just a little as she listened to Asami talk, wincing just a little. "Jeez, Guess the texts aren't that up to date. Though I guess that was kinda obvious..." She murmured lightly. Some of those books had been OLD. All the same, she wondered just how much wasn't updated because of reasons, and how much was just flat out omitted. Hm. She found herself briefly in a bit of heavy thought as she thought it over, imagining that shinigami were entirely capable of such things.

The question about her inhumanity did make her smile a little. "Well you know how it is. If people don't see you long enough they just kinda forget about you. Or make stuff up. I think the grace honestly came AFTER I was 'dead'" She noted lightly, closing her eyes for a few moments and rubbing her eyelids. She paused for a moment and glanced over at Asami, giving a tilt of her head. Hm. Wondering how much she was really even buying any of this. She came to a complete stop, just....looking at Asami for a moment, considering things.

"Well you know, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't gonna get ya anything you'd hate. I'm not THAT much of an asshole." She noted with a sheepish little smile, sighing just a little before slipping her hands beneath her bust, a tinge of ....regret on her face.

But just as quickly it was gone, telling herself she was just out here having a good time. She snapped her fingers, giving Asami a knowing smile before promptly leading the woman up to a cart, greeting the vendor with a warm smile, striking up a short little conversation. It wasn't long before Lerna returned with two bowls, fresh steaming rice with spicing and seasoned skewers resting over them. It DEFINITELY wasn't the sort of meal you went going for if you were trying to impress someone to say the least. It was ... simple. "Alrighty! Let's eat!" She noted enthusiastically, offering Asami her own meal, promptly digging into her own once she'd accepted it.
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:41 am

"'Dead'? You know it only raises more questions when you say it like that?"

That smile twisted just a little, not into one of menace but it was certainly more intense. She was more interested in actually getting the answers to a little more of Lerna's past, her reasons both selfish and genuinely interested. Just when she felt like she was getting somewhere, a new layer was added and it suddenly felt like she was barely scratching the surface again.

"I appreciate your concern, though if I thought you were genuinely going to get me something I would not like then I'd just tell you."

Reassuring her companion, she urged Lerna forwards to pick a cart. There was a chance she could step in to redirect, but it would not be necessary. It was not an impressive meal by any stretch of the word, but that would rely on the assumption that Asami was here to be impressed. If one was even keeping score, then it was probably a net gain in her books. She took her bowl with a genuinely thankful smile, a formal nod doing more than any words ever could. There was little time to waste after that, as they tucked into their food together.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:21 am

Lerna smiled a little at that comment seeming only all the more pleased. "Of course! Honestly sometimes I enjoy the things people made up rather than what really went down. The sense of drama is kinda neat." She pointed out, already seeming incredibly pleased as the pair made their way in, ordered their food, and then found a spot to sit down a litle as they enjoyed the simple meal.

There was something to be said about human food, a sort of nuance to it that was honestly even in full display to her in something as simple as this. The sheer diversity of things meat could taste like....she loved it. From the tough browned meat to the shiny chewy little bits of fat that had been intentionally left on to add a bit more juice and flavor to the meal. She was a good ways INTO that particular meal when she glanced up and smiled seeing Asami chowing down .A brief moment to take in and appreciate just how it was that a noblewoman ate. It reminded her a little of those TV shows that took such elements to heart, pausing her own eating...swallowing what was in her mouth before putting that crooked smile back on and tilting her head, gesturing with her chopsticks as she did.

"Mh! Forgot to order some extras for tomorrow, I usually get some of those pork chunks.... eh I can just make something then.... Pancakes ....I think I still have the mix lying around..." She murmured and then went back to finishing her meal for a moment, drumming her fingers a bit. Eyes returning to the woman she was here to hang out with. "What did you think? Not the fanciest of things but hey, it's good , at least I think." She vouched pleasantly, smiling crookedly in that roguish way she always seemed to, taking another bite so that Asami had an opportunity to respond while she ate.
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:10 pm

If Lerna was taking the time to study how Asami ate, then she would certainly pick up on those subtle tendencies that belied a person with an upbringing amongst high society. She was methodical, never taking too much food in a single bite, and went about dissecting the skewers with a delicate precision that left her lips surprisingly clean for eating such a messy dish. It did seem like she was enjoying it, though, by the way the corners of her lips turned slightly upwards as she rested in between mouthfuls.

"Oftentimes the stories are better than the reality, that is why we enjoy sharing stories more than truths."

Her gaze was distant and if Lerna was paying more attention to her then Asami was looking off past the conversation and off deeper into the market. It wasn't that anything, in particular, had caught her eye, rather she was quite content with minding her own business as she ate. Those crimson eyes snapped sideways as a question came her way, sucking in her cheeks for a moment before she spoke.

"The stand is just over there, you know. It is never bad to stock up on essential supplies, better than turning up to my classes with an empty stomach."

She chuckled softly to herself before returning to her food. There was plenty more for her to go at than Lerna, whose ravenous appetite was certainly on display.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum