Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
That Ain't No Trash Panda [Liltotto/Ania] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue42100/16000That Ain't No Trash Panda [Liltotto/Ania] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

That Ain't No Trash Panda [Liltotto/Ania] - Page 3 Empty Re: That Ain't No Trash Panda [Liltotto/Ania]

Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:54 pm
That Ain't No Trash Panda [Liltotto/Ania] - Page 3 TeC6OwL

Liltotto Lamperd

She let the girl get all the uglies out, not really seeming to mind the amount of moisture and undoubtedly onion grease rubbing off on her. She could always get cleaned up later, there was no waiting when it came to a moment of catharsis. She would just gently pet the girl's back, feeling a sense of reluctance to fully return the hug, but still wanting to comfort the girl. Though, she heard that word the girl whimpered under her breath, gently biting her own lip in a gentle cringe - whatever was bothering her, it definitely left her hurting in a way she could grasp, and she hadn't any idea how to feel.

She let the girl have her quiet moment and allowed her to slip from her grasp, patiently sitting by as she lied down on her kitty, heeding her question with a raise of the eyebrows,

"Me? Strong? I..." Her eyes skirted the pavement for a moment, "..Suppose you could say that. Certainly am a Sternritter, so that's the least of it." She didn't want to delve into the hideous, gorey details of war and decades of survival if she didn't have to; girl was already shaken as it was.

END| Raccoon
Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
That Ain't No Trash Panda [Liltotto/Ania] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue74095/100000That Ain't No Trash Panda [Liltotto/Ania] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (74095/100000)
Tiers:

That Ain't No Trash Panda [Liltotto/Ania] - Page 3 Empty Re: That Ain't No Trash Panda [Liltotto/Ania]

Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:37 pm
AYLA MAO

Ania didn't know what that meant, 'Sternritter'. But she knew, or at least she had an idea herself, of what being strong meant. For a moment, though, this lady had her idea waver a bit. That what being 'strong' meant wasn't just having power. Maybe there was something more to it. She couldn't really put it into words, or even a solidified thought. There was something there though, probably.

It was also probably the first time Ania didn't feel envious about someone else being strong, coveting it for herself. What was this feeling, instead? Not really curiosity, or any more than usual. It made her chest feel big. Not in an empty way, cause something felt like it was welling up inside her. At this time, Ania hadn't the faintest idea of what admiration really meant, or that it could've been what she was feeling right now.

"How'd ye become strong? You born lik' dat? Or you got power sum oda' wey?"

S_E CUSTOM TEMPLATE

That Ain't No Trash Panda [Liltotto/Ania] - Page 3 8Bvy1N8

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
That Ain't No Trash Panda [Liltotto/Ania] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue42100/16000That Ain't No Trash Panda [Liltotto/Ania] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:49 pm

Liltotto Lamperd

She was gathering a good idea of what was up with this girl, as well as what she wanted, every progression in their interaction telling her more and more as time went on. It probably was just her and her strange cat for however long, fending for themselves, the strong scent of the sea on them as well as the location of the city giving her the impression they didn't travel by the mercy of any commercial transportation. Practically alone at sea without much else, especially not much in the way of survival skills it seemed. Though she herself was not much older than her when she was thrust into combat, she certainly was plenty matured and experienced in self sufficiency by time she had to navigate the world alone.

"How do you become strong? Hmm, well I guess it depends on what you wanna be strong for," She'd say in thought, looking up at the sky, "..I don't feel strength by birth exists, least not in the way you might be thinking. Sure, one may be born with the power to crumble countries and shatter entire peoples, but that doesn't mean they are strong in the sense of character, to be capable of using that power well to their own ends, however they may define it."

Memories fluttered in her gaze as she spoke, "True strength is in knowledge, and experience. It takes time and discipline no matter what avenue you choose to build yourself. No matter how unremarkable one may be in the present, if they apply themselves to something, to an idea or desire, and work to achieve that desire, they can grow stronger, but it's a never ending climb, but..."

Her gaze faltered for a moment, looking down, speaking something she knew she did not practice, "...If you remain open to change, you will do so. What do you want to do, exactly?"

END| Raccoon
Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
That Ain't No Trash Panda [Liltotto/Ania] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue74095/100000That Ain't No Trash Panda [Liltotto/Ania] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (74095/100000)
Tiers:

Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:00 pm
AYLA MAO

What you want to be strong for. That was quite a question, one that Ania had an answer at the ready for. She'd been asked that before, not exactly in the same way; her answer was roughly the same each time, and it never seemed well received. But, Ania didn't interrupt. The lady already demonstrated that, whatever she had to say, it was probably worth listening to.

She was right. What the lady described as "strength" is not at all what Ania considered. Power was a tangible thing in her book, it wasn't the individual's character. But, this did make Ania recall her conversation with the witch on that Harbour some year, or years, ago. It was more of an argument, really.

What happens when I get de power ta beat de people I wanna beat up? When I get de power ta do what I want? Maybe de right ting. Who knows. But, I'll know 'dat however I use it, it won't be like you. God forbid I use it like you. The saints won't rest easy if I do.

Ania let the lady finish completely, and she didn't respond immediately. She just remained still, genuinely giving what was said some thought. First and foremost, she wanted power. The reason? To beat people up, a sort of vengeance. But, somewhere deep inside she had the idea that it probably wouldn't happen. More importantly, she desired the means to not be beaten up herself. To defend herself, to not be trivialised. To be taken seriously, or at the very least be considered. To be a part of the conversation, not to feel alone. To be the type of person that could make friends with the other kids.

These sorts of thoughts sat in the back of her mind, but she never confronted them--she refused to. Now that they were coming to the forefront, Ania couldn't help but feel emotional, expressively. She turned to her side with her back facing the lady. She didn't want to be seen crying [i]again.

Her voice came out feebly, more of a muttering. "... I dunno."

The girl's frame became smaller as she tucked her knees into her chest.

Be open minded. Okay. Sure. Where to start?

"Wat shud I wanna do?"

S_E CUSTOM TEMPLATE

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:54 pm

Liltotto Lamperd

She let the girl have her silence and contemplation, thankful at the very least she was taking her seriously and contemplated what she told her. Depending on the circumstance, it wasn't the easiest question to answer, but she would heed the girl's words and give her any needed guidance. This talk, however, made her deeply think of herself and her own experiences.. Her regrets, her frustrations...

Perhaps she didn't want the girl to end up where she was stuck for so long, deep down.

"Well," She'd breathe a reply, "At the very least, you should start with wanting better for yourself. It is pretty difficult to know what to do if you're in unfortunate circumstances, hierarchy of needs and whatnot."

She'd reach over and give Hobbs a little pat on the head, "Then, you should want better for those you care about. If your needs are being bettered or fulfilled, then you have the means to look to others and their needs. But in the end, it is simply wanting better, for something or another."

"What do you feel like would better your situation?"

END| Raccoon
Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:02 pm
AYLA MAO

What did 'better for herself' really mean here? Hierarchy of needs? Ania needed direction, not a master class. It was hard and confusing as is to just heed the advice and step out of this comfort zone of thought.

Hobbes closed his eyes and rubbed into the lady's hand, gratefully receiving the pats and purring along the way. Meanwhile, Ania was racking her brains for an answer. It was difficult. She never had to use her head this much in school.

"Power."

Try as she might, this was the framework to her thoughts for a while now; it was difficult to step away from that. It was always her understanding that "strength" lead to comfort, relationships, a higher standard of living and personal welfare. It meant she could assure food for herself, for Hobbes. Still, Ania knew that, probably at least, the lady was looking for a different answer.

S_E CUSTOM TEMPLATE

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:07 pm

Liltotto Lamperd

Honestly, by no means was it an unexpected or outlandish answer to her question. On the rather expected side, honestly. She'd continue to pet Hobbs as he seemed receptive to her touch as she'd address the young blonde girl,

"And what does power mean to you? Can you define it for me?"

It was quite obvious the girl had her own idea of what power was and what it could do for her compared to others, and she was curious as to what she thought. This talk wouldn't go anywhere if she didn't throw in this effort to understand her better, and in the end she just wanted to get to the bottom of this.

END| Raccoon
Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Feb 17, 2022 8:37 pm
AYLA MAO

That was a much better question, but also a fairly simple answer.

"Being strong dat people can no bully me. Stuff dat go pew pew, kaboom, zyooom."

Ania flailed her arms along her sound effects to really drive home this image of strength, how flashy it could be, and more importantly how insurmountable it should be. Of course, power, as she saw it, also came in many forms. Whether it was the hydrokinetics she once saw, the bursts of light and magic spells she saw casted, or even the show of physical strength that let people lift weights far beyond what was feasible for herself.

Ania even imagined someone with the powers of an octopus, a most dashing of creatures, with all sorts of powers they were naturally born with. Octopus were also creatures subjected to being hunted, as fascinating and incredible as they were. They were cute little things she felt very strongly for.

Ultimately, what mattered about power, regardless of what form it could be expressed in, was how it could be used. Of course what mattered most was that it was power Ania could wield in her hands.

S_E CUSTOM TEMPLATE

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:14 pm

Liltotto Lamperd

"Mmmhmmm..." Yeah, whatever this girl's living situation was like before being out alone, she doubted it was pleasant for her. Though, with her little show of hand theatrics and description, it got a little chuckle out of the woman, "Alright, alright, I get you."

Certainly, this girl was a powerless kid in a powerful world, wanting to feel powerful and in control, too. That was a reasonable desire, and thus she would complement it, with a focus of her energies and a sway of her hand, a brilliantly glowing rapier would form in her grasp,

"Guessing you're the sort who's been pushed around, and wants to do something about it, huh?" She'd gently and carefully present the weapon, though making the gesture to not touch it - she'd hate for the kid to get burned by the acidic energy it consisted of, "Bullies only pick on people they think they can get away with, but a good punch in the face gets them running. They present themselves as strong, but at heart they're wimps looking to prove themselves."

She'd directly look Ania in the eyes with an expectant look, "You have the right to defend yourself if it comes to a fight. I'm willin' to teach you and give you a safe place to do so, but you gotta promise to behave yourself. No more going around stealing or breaking shit anymore, that's behind you if you're coming to me, kid. Gotta live with some dignity."

END| Raccoon
Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:38 pm
AYLA MAO

The rapier had her immediately enthralled. She lunged herself forward off the floor wide eyed and mouth agape. The lady wasn't lying! That thing came out of nowhere!

Not just that, but the lady was also speaking nothing but the purest of facts. She really understood things. That was roughly how Ania viewed bullies to act as well, and why she so desperately wanted the means to be able to have them running.

Without hesitation, Ania nodded her head in agreement. Finally, finally! This was it! This was the moment she had been waiting for, her whole life! The promise of power! Ania was jittering in excitement and anticipation, bobbing and hopping up and down. She turned around to shake Hobbes up, give him a big 'ol hug around the neck and swing him back and forth. Hobbes simply relented to her energy.

"Wen we start? Now? Where we go an' do at?"

S_E CUSTOM TEMPLATE

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum