Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Along about 10 [Alastair/Bauher] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Along about 10 [Alastair/Bauher] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Along about 10 [Alastair/Bauher] - Page 2 Empty Re: Along about 10 [Alastair/Bauher]

Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:39 pm
Along about 10 [Alastair/Bauher] - Page 2 HEADER_sample-2117841bdaff1fe77bb0bfd61fbd4de2

He certainly noticed the young man pulling back a little and he paused to stop in his tracks just a little, his brows raising a bit. "Hm." A simple noise of observation as the two of them walked, the older man taking some time to chew the information presented as they headed deeper into the city. Certainly not the most inspiring of young fellows. How strange indeed, he felt....older than he looked. Maybe he'd grown up in one of the dead zones he supposed. Karakura certainly was a place to skew your perspective. Simple passions. He couldn't help but smile just a little. At the end of the day, he supposed his own greatest passion was his family. One couldn't get simpler than that.

"You have a family, Mr.Eisfluch? You seem like a young, passionate man. I can only imagine your luck with the peers after hearing your speech a moment ago. " He ventured as he began to steer them slightly. Spotting a little cafe not far down the street. He'd glance Alastair's way as he steered the pair of them right for it, and unless Alastair started resisting they would wind up inside, Bauher ordering some tea before the both of them would wind up at a table outside, sitting across from eachother as he anticipated his reply. Both in substance and in tone.
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Along about 10 [Alastair/Bauher] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Along about 10 [Alastair/Bauher] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Along about 10 [Alastair/Bauher] - Page 2 Empty Re: Along about 10 [Alastair/Bauher]

Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:46 am
Along about 10 [Alastair/Bauher] - Page 2 YRyx9qr

ALASTAIR EISFLUCH | STERNRITTER

"Not in the city, my family is back home in Europe. But I do alright for myself here when I am not making speeches."

His delivery was still bone dry, but the comment had been a joke at his own expense. Not that he exactly understood what Bauher meant by how lucky he was with his peers, that was a little beyond what Alastair expected to be brought into question so suddenly. Noting the change in direction, or perhaps such had been the plan all along, there was no resistance as he found himself being guided toward a small cafe table. It did surprise him, though he would not show it, the tea was at least a welcome change of pace.

Settling into his chair, he did take a moment to adjust himself. It was hard to get comfortable with his arm in the state it was, but the sitting down did help.

"What of your own family, then? Are you visiting, or just passing by?"

Broken Arrow | END POST
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:13 am
Along about 10 [Alastair/Bauher] - Page 2 HEADER_sample-d7b2b8b4c42bbfb77ab79530dc039f4d

Bauher nodded along and smiled slightly. Taking his own seat and pausing when the tea arrived to give a little sip. And fucking hate it. Not enough sweetness.... he added some sugar. But hey, it was better for him than Coffee, and his doctor had already warned him about all that damn stuff. Tea was at least a step down. He took another sip. It was ass, he wanted coffee... but it was better than water. " Europe? I'm a Karakura man myself." He noted with a lopsided smile, certainly interesting with that Red hair. But Europe huh.... he would have figured the kid was American.

The subject of his own family made him cant his head to the side. Smiling a little. "Mh. Visiting. So you know my Daughter then." He deduced. "I'm ...... sortof here to visit. But mostly here to see the city. My family is from Karakura mostly. Nice place. Safe. My daughter wound up running away from home. I kept track of her, of course. But when she wound up here? Well. I figured I aughta see what this place was all about. I can see why she's decided to settle here I guess. She got that adventurous streak from her Mom." He smiled a bit to himself, not even realizing that he was oversharing about his kid. But wasn't that always the way with parents?

He looked back to Alastair. "What about yourself? What does your family think about you being here? They knbow you got hurt?" He asked with a quirked brow, his gaze briefly shifting down to the cast. He wasn't gonna girll the kid, or say he SHOULD. That sure wasn't his Business. But he figured he'd ask a bit since they were on the subject of family.
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:30 am

The father then. Well, that did not make matters easier, but what was he meant to make of that casual admittance to tracking his daughter? At least that was a suggestion as to the reason why Ehefra had run away and eventually ended up here. Did she even know that he had come to visit? Should he try to warn her of such? It was quite the predicament, as he was not all that close to her. They had interacted professionally, yes, but outside of that, there was little to go on between the pair.

"I have met your daughter, Ehefra, yes. I did not want to assume but there is little point in denying such now. She is a most capable young woman, were it not for her then I might well not be here today at all."

That was quite presumptuous, for the role that Ehefra had played in the Anaconda incident could likely have been performed by most any other Albedochiffren officer. But perhaps he was also implying that another could have handled it better and Alastair would not have been injured at all. Regardless, he sipped at the black tea and was content enough to let that sleeping dog lie.

"I have not told my family, no. It would not be beneficial to have them worry when they are on the other side of the globe. My wounds were far from dire enough to be cause for serious concern anyway, just a few broken bones and a concussion."

He could have spoken at length about how he had already distanced himself from his family, that their relationship was strained by his decision to abandon them for a cause they did not believe in, but that was not exactly something he was willing to just offer up in passing. It was still where his mind lingered though, weighing on him in that moment of self-reflection.

Broken Arrow | END POST
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:00 pm
Along about 10 [Alastair/Bauher] - Page 2 HEADER_sample-d7b2b8b4c42bbfb77ab79530dc039f4d

He couldn't help but smile just a little. A bit of rueful pride on his face as the man spoke of his Daughter's....accomplishments. A slow, steady sigh escaping him as he reached up and ran his fingers through his own hair, a sortof relief washing over him in hearing that. At least in Ehefra being called capable. He'd heard about her ....particular brand of spellcraft. God if he wasn't proud. But there was certainly more. He perked his brows a bit as the man revealed that he hadn't told his family about the injury. Well, he could just flat out be lying. But if he wasn't that was certainly interesting. He really didn't know much about such a situation, he had been.... disheartened about Ehefra cutting off contact, but given the situations involved, he couldn't blame her either. He could no more blame Alastair for not informing his family.

"Is that right? I'm certainly glad your injuries weren't that threatening. " He murmured, closing his eyes and taking another sip of his tea. Ugh. He added a bit more sugar to it. "Sorry if that was nosy of me, asking about your own family. I don't get out much these days, so I guess I can be a bit of a pryer when I shouldn't be. If you don't mind me asking though. What's it been like? Not necessarily in the vandenreich. But being a fighter. You must see a fair bit of combat. I fought.... ages ago. But I've always just been a normal human. No special powers... just a man with a family to protect. I've always wondered what it was like for ...individuals like yourself." He decided to venture. He knew he was ... a coward in some ways. He had been terrified of the outside world. He'd gotten his family to Karakura, for his own safety and theirs. And he'd never looked back. But seeing how enthusiastically Ehefra threw herself into things. He saw a report of her ripping a hollow's chest clean open.

How could she be so much braver than him? Maybe it wasn't as scary when you were strong? If he had been like his daughter.....would he be the tired, worn out man he was now? Was Ehefra ashamed of him? All things buzzing around inside his head. But he focused on one thing at a time. Getting this young man's opinion and perspective.
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:18 am

"You are braver than you give yourself credit for, sir. It takes a truly strong heart to stand up and protect your family regardless of your situation."

He knew not whether this man was as mundane as he made out or whether it was some elaborate bluff, but he could see that doubt in his eyes. The self-loathing, the frustration. But it mattered more that he was trying than how well he was doing. That was one of Alastair's fundamental beliefs, that it was far better to try knowing you might fail than not try at all.

"I started training for this life when I was seven. My father handed me a bow and told me to shoot arrows until my arms and hands were too sore to draw the string. That was every day of my life for months, years even, and yet I remember the first time I went to draw my bow in combat I still faltered. For some people, that shock never goes away."

Sipping at his own tea, he too reached for the sugar. It was most unusual, but ever since his meeting with Arlette, it seemed her sweet tooth had rubbed off on him.

"Now I cannot afford to falter, so I do not. So I guess that is what it means to be a soldier, it changed who I was entirely."

Broken Arrow | END POST
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:38 pm

He couldn't help but smile a bit at that. "Brave... that's a very kind assumption for you to make. But I guess you are right. I've seen enough to know unfortunately...not everyone would be capable, or even well...willing to do that. Objectively." He conceded. Even if in terms of feelings, he felt so very different. All the same, his focused on Alastair as the young man revealed the life of training he'd been put into and he couldn't help but wonder. What was it that made this man strong? His eye shifted to the cast Alastair wore. Even trained from such a young age, and just like that he'd suffered an injury. Even strong....that didn't make you invincible. He didn't understand how they could do it. To fight, knowing you might lose some part of yourself.

He thought of the first time he'd seen Ehefra draw a bow. When Belle's sister had visited. Thinking to the worry he'd had ....seeing Ehefra's face when she had been using that damned thing. And he wondered about what information he'd garnered. HEsitation was not what he would call that. And yet she was so different from Alastair. A young man raised for combat, and yet faltering in the face of it. Ehefra....bring raised to be just ..... a girl . A programmer like her dad. And yet....he'd seen footage of Ehefra throwing herself into hollows with almost enthusiasm. Did She feel fear? Would he want her to? Would that fear help keep her careful? Or would such a thing make her freeze up at the worst time?

He couldn't help but smile a little at what Alastair said, and he once again let his mind wander into what-ifs. Gently running his fingers along the rim of his teacup, sighing softly. "You seem like a fine young man, Mr.Eisfluch. I'm happy to see that my daughter has allies such as yourself beside her. I honestly wish I could see things from your perspective.... to ...get a feel for what she's been through." Red blood. A flash of crimson that drew a hot line through he air as the knife glided through flesh and bone. The sight of a mask, stained with blood......opening in his direction.

The memory was as startling as it was sudden, and Bauher paused for a moment, reaching up and gently running his fingers along his cheekbone. So long ago there wasn't even a scar. His missing eye had never healed though. A sigh escaped him and he found himself with a smile of regret on his lips. "Thank you for humoring me bye the way. I can imagine this probably isnt your normal fare for conversation around the city." He chuckled.
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:37 am

Watching him come to terms with the compliment left at his feet, Alastair found himself appreciating Bauher's honesty. His humility was not all-encompassing, he was simply understanding of his abilities and their limitations and that was meritable in itself. There was more to his stare though, as Alastair watched him grow distant before slowly touching his own face. It was jarring in a way, so perhaps this was the mark of a man who had lost something in his past, but he could hardly comment about being someone that chose to say more rather than less.

"It is not unfortunate that some people are incapable of becoming this. In fact, I think it is a mark of hope for our species that we are not all acclimated to death and violence. So I will always try to protect precious innocents, that they might shape our future a little brighter."

He sighed wistfully, scratching at the back of his head and taking a long drink from his teacup. Even he felt the intensity on that last remark, but he had caught up with himself a little too late to reconsider his words.

"I should be thanking you, though, for humouring my own oddities. Normal conversation is hardly a normal fare in this city, so perhaps you are a welcome reprieve."

Broken Arrow | END POST
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:11 pm

Bauher raised his brows slightly at such an ....idealistic notion of the future. Something of a slight smile crossing his face. He did still have a weird little cult leader kinda vibe to him, but he seemed to be a good kid to say the least. He could easily see how he would be popular in the Vandenreich. Perhaps too popular for his own good, poor kid. Especially with that stiffness about him. Hmmm.

"That's certainly a noble cause. Though everyone does have a sortof.....strange idea about all that. Some people think that acclimating to that stuff is necessary to toughen us up. I've met more than a few buddies who do enjoy talking about how every able bodied youth should have a mandated time in the military once they get to a certain age." He chuckled.

Though at that second part he perked up just a little. "Hm, is that right? Do you not have these sorts of conversations with your coworkers? I figured even in a military-kinda situation like the Vandenreich kids your age would still talk a lot. Hm, maybe I'm a little more out of touch than I thought..." He murmured thoughtfully, lightly rubbing the back of his head. But all the same, he smiled eventually. "But hey, if I made your day a little more interesting I'm happy to have helped. I plan on.....sticking around a little. Not sure how long. But if you ever need more casual conversation, you're more than welcome to stop by."
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum