Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
No Tiger, No Dragon, Just a Swallow [Ira, Kasha] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue16000/1No Tiger, No Dragon, Just a Swallow [Ira, Kasha] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

No Tiger, No Dragon, Just a Swallow [Ira, Kasha] - Page 2 Empty Re: No Tiger, No Dragon, Just a Swallow [Ira, Kasha]

Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:51 am
No Tiger, No Dragon, Just a Swallow [Ira, Kasha] - Page 2 SgHGbAG

IRA HOLYFIELD

"Way I see it, most people who are real good at things don't think much of their own skill in it. They're more focused on how good they could be, so how good they are right now just seems not good enough. But hey, I'm still just learning, so what do I know?"

It had been quite a while since Ira actually thought about that whole situation in Jefferson, and he couldn't quite say it was a good memory. But, hey, he'd met Yugiri there, so it definitely wasn't all bad.

"I have seen her shunko before, it was real impressive. I'd say I'd like to be able to do something like that one day, but I feel like that's a long ways off."

END POST | NO MORE JORTS
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
No Tiger, No Dragon, Just a Swallow [Ira, Kasha] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue999999/999999No Tiger, No Dragon, Just a Swallow [Ira, Kasha] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

No Tiger, No Dragon, Just a Swallow [Ira, Kasha] - Page 2 Empty Re: No Tiger, No Dragon, Just a Swallow [Ira, Kasha]

Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:03 am
No Tiger, No Dragon, Just a Swallow [Ira, Kasha] - Page 2 Header2

KOIZUMI KASHA

"I think my accupuncture and evocation techniques are more impressive."

Kasha did turn the conversation a bit away from his own hakuda by bringing up his lesser known specialty which in a way might've been more impressive than his Hoo Kanmuri Ken since there was no inheritence and building upon a foundation. It was his own theories and then practice where he came to determine that if you did in fact interact with a spiritual body through particular methods then you could achieve effects for better or worse.

The soul chain and soul sleep were particularly suited for it and the exercising techniques were incredibly valuable, although he had no reason to ever apply them on people outside of a small circle or reveal their true nature.

"It is entirely possible, while I you are not a shinigami and so I imagine it would not translate perfectly. The principle could carry over."

FLOWING FLAME-LIKE BIRD | END POST

No Tiger, No Dragon, Just a Swallow [Ira, Kasha] - Page 2 Gamma_Signature
No Tiger, No Dragon, Just a Swallow [Ira, Kasha] - Page 2 CHARACTER_LISTNo Tiger, No Dragon, Just a Swallow [Ira, Kasha] - Page 2 GRAPHICS_THREADNo Tiger, No Dragon, Just a Swallow [Ira, Kasha] - Page 2 TIMELINE_THREAD
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
No Tiger, No Dragon, Just a Swallow [Ira, Kasha] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue16000/1No Tiger, No Dragon, Just a Swallow [Ira, Kasha] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:11 am

IRA HOLYFIELD

"Acupuncture, huh? I've never studied that stuff, but I figure it's probably got some pretty impressive ways to use it with how the body and the spirit and stuff work, right?"

Ira was, admittedly, a bit more interested in the cute lady than he typically would be if someone his own sex were telling him all this, but there was a very genuine interest beyond mere attraction. It wasn't often he got to talk about this side of things with people, at least other than Yugiri.

"Hm... I guess that's a good point, but I'm still focusing on the actual martial arts side of things. Definitely not ready to start doing all that crazy lightning stuff she does, I'm not even sure how that works. 'Course, I'd be glad to learn, it looks mighty cool, and I think looking good's important in doing anything."

He flashed a bit of a grin at that, the comment meant both as a bit of a boast on his own end and a compliment toward Kasha. Hey, why shouldn't he let that sort of thing go now and again?

END POST | NO MORE JORTS
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
No Tiger, No Dragon, Just a Swallow [Ira, Kasha] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue999999/999999No Tiger, No Dragon, Just a Swallow [Ira, Kasha] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:18 am

KOIZUMI KASHA

"Quite so. You're welcome to try it sometime if you like."

He reached up into his hair and pulled out one of the senbon, twirling it in those painted fingers with a small grin. His needle eventually coming to a stop while he thought about the rest of Ira's words. He could appreciate a girl that had a sense of appreciation of aesthetic - even if it boiled down to "cool".

"Being disciplined is important as a martial artist, it is quite appropriate to focus on your fundamentals before seeking out more advanced techniques. The reckless ones only hurt themselves or others."

No Tiger, No Dragon, Just a Swallow [Ira, Kasha] - Page 2 CHARACTER_LISTNo Tiger, No Dragon, Just a Swallow [Ira, Kasha] - Page 2 GRAPHICS_THREADNo Tiger, No Dragon, Just a Swallow [Ira, Kasha] - Page 2 TIMELINE_THREAD
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:30 am

IRA HOLYFIELD

"Exactly, and I'm not trying to hurt myself. Gotta keep this pretty face in perfect shape."

Of course, Ira meant that in a lighthearted manner, but there was an undeniable truth to those words even now. Certainly, he'd gotten past a lot of his difficulties with it, and he'd long since accepted that it was his face, but...well, old habits and all that.

"I'd be pretty interested to learn about that acupuncture of yours, too. Nice fingernails, by the way, I like that color."

It was almost an offhand comment, but honestly, it was pretty true. Ira didn't really paint his own nails, but that was mostly because it tended to be a pointless endeavor with all the training he did. Couldn't even see them half the time with his gloves on, and that was assuming it didn't wear off within a day.

END POST | NO MORE JORTS
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:39 am

KOIZUMI KASHA

"Thank you."

He said with a faint smile forming at the compliment of the nails that matched his eye colour, ironic since his martial art did often wear it down when used offensively but he made it work. It was rare that he would ever use it outside of brief spats of training anyway.

"As for the acupuncture and evocation methods, I don't know about learning it. Experiencing it, that's easy but it does require a steady and delicate hand. Not exactly the most fitting for someone who uses their fists for powerful punches rather than precise craftsmanship."

It wasn't accusatory or anything, it was however quite blunt for his opinion that people who were aggressive fighters lacked the temperment that he would expect for someone to be good at precision work.

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:49 am

IRA HOLYFIELD

"Hm, I see. Well, that makes sense. Still, even if it's not something I could quite master, I think it's pretty sensible to try and learn at least a little about anything interesting I come across, right? I'll admit I'm not particularly delicate, but I like to try."

That made sense to him, at least. Ira wasn't the sort to just let something pass him by if he thought it was interesting, he'd spent more than enough time out at sea doing the same old thing to have that kind of view on things.

"Plus, even if I can't learn it, it'd be plenty interesting just to get the experience from someone who knows what they're doing."

And, hey, it'd be from this cutie. Score.

END POST | NO MORE JORTS
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:52 am

KOIZUMI KASHA

"That is a good outlook to have, in that case once you finish your food you're welcome to join me."

Kasha mused, admittedly more than a little eager to be allowed to perform his techniques on another person that he was fond of. His teacher made for poor company and an even worse needle cushion with her habits of being drunk and reckless, let alone the sneering comments that made him "slip" in response and inflict a little bit of pain onto her for a reprisal.

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:56 am

IRA HOLYFIELD

"Well, lucky you I can eat pretty quick when I've got something I need to be. Not too quick, though, this is good food and it'd be a waste just to scarf it down."

Ira may have been a simple man, but he wasn't so simple that he'd just plow through a legitimately good meal, even if it was for a cute girl. But he did definitely eat faster than he normally would have, and it didn't take long at all for his okonomiyaki, and his tea, to both be finished off.

"Alrighty, lead the way."

END POST | NO MORE JORTS
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:10 am

KOIZUMI KASHA

"Alright, follow me."

Kasha said while pushing the half empty bowl away, accepting that he just wasn't that hungry today before setting off towards the Koizumi Estate with Ira in tow. He was glad that his teacher's abode was quite detached from everything, either she liked being out of the way or people preferred to be away from her.

"Sorry, it's quite the walk."

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum