Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Brilliant Displays Aimed Towards Better Days(Rio/Nanashi)  Left_bar_bleue0/0Brilliant Displays Aimed Towards Better Days(Rio/Nanashi)  Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Brilliant Displays Aimed Towards Better Days(Rio/Nanashi)  Empty Brilliant Displays Aimed Towards Better Days(Rio/Nanashi)

Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:56 pm
Brilliant Displays Aimed Towards Better Days(Rio/Nanashi)  Banner-Rio2

Rio Shihoin | Defender of the Family

Even though Rio considered herself an early retiree from the Gotei, she still held a great degree of respect towards her peers and the current generation of captains, vice-captains, and the various seated members in other divisions. With Murasaki taking the helm, she felt them all to be within good hands. The future was bright for all those involved with their respective forces. Concerning her own involvement, there was uncertainty that she'd ever return, yet she was more than willing to offer a helping hand and volunteer for classes given her own prowess with Hakuda.

Indeed, she was more than suitable to teach and pass on her knowledge to others. She was a generous spirit in that aspect. Walking through the training halls, Rio would send her typical message out to those who wished to receive a hands-on course and get to know her personally or if the higher-ups wished to have her teach an entire class. Time was a commodity and she certainly desired to see what other things she could enjoy on earth, maybe catch a movie after she helped an eager student touch up on a new skill? It was a thought.

For now, she would go through her form and posture as she choose a hall meant for practicing the art of Hakuda until one was content. Students were free to meet her here, whether in a group or even one person. She found that she wasn't quite in the mood for a group today, preferring to teach one. Groups could be a tricky sort, truth be told.

END POST | Unfaltering Shielder

Last edited by Iori on Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Brilliant Displays Aimed Towards Better Days(Rio/Nanashi)  Left_bar_bleue0/0Brilliant Displays Aimed Towards Better Days(Rio/Nanashi)  Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Brilliant Displays Aimed Towards Better Days(Rio/Nanashi)  Empty Re: Brilliant Displays Aimed Towards Better Days(Rio/Nanashi)

Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:50 pm
Brilliant Displays Aimed Towards Better Days(Rio/Nanashi)  HEADER_64a5d1789569f04f11e8a2464ad220dd

Nanashi was sweating just a little as she faced the training dummy, a few little scuffs and bruises dotting her frame as she took a moment to breathe from her training. She had been doing pretty ...alright? In her Hakuda studies. Honestly she didn't find it quite as interesting as Hoho perse. She VERY much enjoyed zipping around at the speed of sound, but just pulsing reiryoku through her body for power? Eh it was cool, but that wasn't something that sparked the same level of interest.

This is important you know. There's all sorts of techniques that use the same principles. She heard that voice in the back of her mind. Blinking a bit rapidly as she made a noise, rubbing her left eye, where the sclera darkened for just a moment. Yes yes yes, AMANTA, she knew that. But all the same, it was an entirely different thing to WORK at. She couldn't help but sigh a little to herself, eyeing the little training dummy that was used for sparring. It would be SOOOOO much cooler if she could just like.... punch using ceros! A little smile crossed her lips, but ...well alas, she kinda figured that putting her mask on would cause a ruckus. Like it ALWAYS did. She couldn't help but sigh.

Popping back up off her butt and onto her feet, she brushed herself off while eyeing the target infront of her, brushing her student's uniform off before circling the training dummy. Ugh, she really wished she had a PERSON to spar with.

And lo.... just as she said such a thing, she heard someone walking down the hallway, and noticed the uniform. Wait... that wasn't a student, that was someone else. And the only people who were around the shino academy outside of students were teachers and volunteers! Almost immediately Nanashi perked up, waving in the direction of the door way.
"Heya!" She called out, clearly attempting to flag the woman down.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Brilliant Displays Aimed Towards Better Days(Rio/Nanashi)  Empty Re: Brilliant Displays Aimed Towards Better Days(Rio/Nanashi)

Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:49 pm

Nanashi would successfully manage to alert the Shihoin woman to her presence as Rio's eyes turned towards her, in the middle of a stance. A vibrant smile would form in the woman's expression as she brought her hands towards her side and focused her gaze wholly on what seemed to be, judging from her outfit, a student at the academy? Rio smiled as she approached her and bowed politely. It was always fun to meet new students, especially one that appeared as eager as Nanashi.

"Hello There. Rio Shihoin here. I teach hakuda studies as a substitute. Pleasure to meet you, new student. "

Last edited by Iori on Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:06 pm
Brilliant Displays Aimed Towards Better Days(Rio/Nanashi)  HEADER_86c804ebe4081b4e909856dcf65d8b46

OH Shit! Almost immediately Nanashi was smiling from ear to ear! It was one of the tutors! Or....substitute teachers.... HELPERS! Anyway it was abundantly clear that this was one of the people who she had been told would be around to help with her training! Smiling from ear to ear, the woman practically bounced on the balls of her feet.

"Oh sweet! Pleasure to meet you! My name's Nanashi! First....uh.....Student in the Shino Academy! I'm not like....TECHNICALLY new...." She trailed off, looking off to the side and itching the back of her neck. "Nanashi Gombei. So you uhh know...the...." She reached up and ran a thumb over her eyelid, then opened it back up. Wh- DON'T DO THAT! And smiling as it opened up, showing off the black sclera, and Rio would feel the faintest.....tinge in the girl's spiritual pressure before it faded. "I TECHNICALLY WOULD be in like.... my fourth semester. But uh. Dealing with some stuff made it so that I had to take a break from my studies. But I'm practicing really hard now that I'm back!" She pointed out.

You're acting a fool, Show some respect. She just told you she's a Shihoin. HAven't you been paying attention in that insipid class?

She then took a step back and offered a respectful bow. "OH uhm... it's a pleasure to meet you Lady Shihoin. And thank you for sparing your time to help me." She recited, remembering her manners. It was still weird getting used to all the ....formality. But thankfully that was VERY common among Students from the rukongai, thankfully she didn't stand out too much in that respect. Though of course, Rio would be largely unaware of the voice urging Nanashi in such a manner, but certainly she'd see the happy little smile.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:35 pm

The vibrant energy that emanated from Nanashi's upbeat demeanor was nothing short of a breathe of fresh air for Rio. Most students and their moods towards classes varied. Some could be excited while others simply looked at it as another class to learn while favoring another class altogether. Nanashi seemed to be excited and grateful about her opportunity! Rio could certainly admire and welcome that attitude.

In that next moment, Rio felt a tinge of hollow energy y as her amber eyes gazed caught observed the small shift of eye color, the black sclera illustrating what type of Shinigami she was. Rio was somewhat familiar with vizards, considering the connection she shared with Yugiri. Rio respected that Nanashi decided to reveal that so that it wouldn't come as a surprise if they sparred or engaged in some other form of training. Rio chuckled softly as Nanashi finished her explanation and spoke on what led her here in particular.

She wasn't a new recruit. It seemed some time had been spent here. A first year in their third semester was very impressive, and from the explanation she had provided, she could've been in her fourth? Interesting. Nanashi must have been well-versed in some aspects, then. She wouldn't have to runher through the beginning phases, too much, then. Good, good. Rio was very pleased with these proceedings so far. Here's to hoping she could leave an even better impression on her student.

"Of course, of course. I'm always open to helping a student in need, especially those as energetic and eager to learn as you. As far as my name, though it honors me.. you can call me Rio. I appreciate the formality but I'm more than fine being referred to on a first name-basis, Nanashi. Students often act as if some of these courses are a drag but you... you're quite a breathe of fresh air. How may I be of assistance? A spar? A technique you haven't learned before? I've never tutored a Vizard before but I do hope I can offer my best."

Last edited by Iori on Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:09 pm
Brilliant Displays Aimed Towards Better Days(Rio/Nanashi)  HEADER_86c804ebe4081b4e909856dcf65d8b46

Nanashi was pleased, even internally sticking her tongue out at Amara when the woman didn';t freak out when she did that. Even though she could FEEL her inner hollow internally leering at her. "Oh! Well a pleasure to meet you Rio! And Thanks!" She chimed, and no doubt Rio would notice Nanashi's pronunciation shift ever so slightly as she spoke to her. Taking on some of the more formal dialect that Rio had. After all, she seemed so COOL! It was only natural Nanashi lined herself up a bit more with the woman! Thankfully it was only her speech so far.

All the same, she was a bit surprised. "Eh? A spar?! I mean... hmm. I ....probably shouldn't. I get a bit carried away and my mask usually comes out. I mean, which isn't really a problem....per se. But Uhhh. I dunno if I really need vizard Training. MY inner hollow is pretty under control! She even helps me out." She noted, puffing her chest out proudly as she put her hands on her hips. "But uhhh I guess whatever you think! How about a spar! Then I can show you what I'm capable of and you can decide what I need after that!" She declared, CLEARLY a little up her own ass. But then again, what new recruits didn't think they were hot shit? Most of them actually, but Nanashi hardly knew that. SHE just thought she was pretty cool amongst her class! Who else could say they had bested their inner hollow! None of them thats who!
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:17 am

This bright-spirited and confident aura Nanashi exuded was truly something Rio wished all the students could inherit. There was no fabrication made at her expense to appease her nor was there an underlying motive. It was genuine. Even if her mood may have been dulled in any shape or form, a moment spent in her company had certainly washed it away.

Training... hm. To be certain, Rio was not entirely familiar with how one controlled a hollow in their body. Hakuda was her expertise, though she was relatively balanced in other areas as well. She fancied herself as something of an all-rounder... with the exception of Kido. Rio could manage that well enough but it still needed work nonetheless.

In her eyes, a spar would, in essence, display the woman's talents - what she excelled at, what she lacked. It was the best way to showcase one's ability in her eyes. Based on Nanashi's excited demeanor, she was certainly open to the idea. A warm smile would form in the shihoin's expression as she stepped back a few meters and relaxed into a stance.

"Don't worry, Nanashi. You can show me the full display of your budding talent as much as you like. I may not be all that well-versed in training with vizards, but I will certainly help you to the best of my ability. Let this spar show me what you have to offer, so that I may help you rise to the top. If it suits you, I'll let you make the first move."

Last edited by Iori on Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:01 pm; edited 4 times in total
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:09 pm

Nanashi couldn't help but GRIN when the woman seemed to be taking up a proper stance. She herself also taking up a Kendo stance as she peeled her Zanpakuto from the wall, grinning from ear to ear. Nanashi. Your pressure. She blinked twice. "....OH! One sec!" She hummed before she gripped her blade and let out a steady sigh, focusing on ... dispersing her spiritual pressure along the weapon, smoothing out the edge. Then, she promptly turned and SWUNG at the practice dummy. It made a THUNK. Not even the barest scratch. "Sweet! Alright, safe mode on!" She grinned, and promptly vanished with a Shunpo!

Remember what I taught you. Prey is easy to trick if you show it what it wants.

It was slow, INCREDIBLY slow compared to Rio's own expertise. But it was a sudden flurry! Nanashi's body blurred as she zipped left and right! Three. Five. Six rapid succession Shunpo's back to back before she closed in and swung! It was hardly fast for a shunpo, but it made her swing VERY quick in terms of normal speed! That blade lancing in and aiming for an overheaded swing! A nice BIG one. That stopped suddenly. "Hadō Number 1: Sho!" She declared, grinning from ear to ear as her spare hand raised up, pointing a finger at the woman's face as she promptly executed a Number 1 Hadō to the woman's face, attempting to shove her over after that little feint! A pretty CRAFTY move for a girl Like Nanashi! Which of course, was reasonable, after all it was hardly HER plan. But it was that hollow whispering in her ear, giving advice as she did her best to execute them!

Avery imperfect system to use in actual combat, since it meant she had her attention split. But for a spar? It was an excellent way to learn. At least that's what Nanashi felt!
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:53 pm

Rio remained poised in her stance as she observed her student flashing towards her, turning her feet ever so slightly. This would be a nice change of pace, engaging in a spar with a student, especially one with a exuberant spirit as this one. The movements were unpredictable and far from a straight line. A sound strategy to be certain. Where would she attack?

Her question would be answered immediately as Nanashi appeared before her swiftly swinging her blade downwards in an overhead slash attempt before the strike came to a pause and she raised a finger with her other hand, executing Sho in an instant.

An ingenious strategy! Feinting one strike only to perform a technique defying one's expectation. Rio had raised her hand to deflect the sword strike only to see the finger pointed before her and though part of her could have vanished from her spot ---as a teacher, she had to commend her student for employing a clever set of tricks to start off their engagement. Rio would redirect the arm that was meant to deflect the sword strike, swiftly bringing it forward to block the kinetic force, remaining where she stood.

"Very impressive, Nanashi! A feint with the word and a sudden shift into executing a Hadō? For a first year, that's quite the display of strategy there. Let's see how you react to being attacked, then. Good offense must be complimented with good defense."

A pleasant smile would form on the woman's face as she quickly shifted in for a light counter attack, her aim more to teach what she could improve on than go all out. She had to compliment her and keep that confidence alight. Rio's offensive would consist of two strikes, a punch from her left and a punch from her right. It was at a speed she felt the woman could dodge well enough with proper reaction time, a test to see how well she could move on her feet.

Last edited by Iori on Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:08 pm

NAnashi gave a BIG smile! Pleased to say the least when she saw the woman respond well to her attack! Though she was a little startled to see the Sho she'd employed being blocked so esily, and not even budging! That was so cool! She was however caught off guard with the counter attack! Her eyes widening as she raised her blade! Dodge. Almost instantly her body blurred! Zigzagging backwards in another flurry before she blitzed forward! Wait HEY! Her inner hollow spoke up as Nanashi shot right back in as soon as she had evaded the woman's strikes, aiming to appear directly beneath Rio's extended fists, crouched down. A bright grin spread across her face.

"BOO!" She chimed before she aimed to SLAM her forehead into the woman's sternum, a firm headbutt using every fiber in her body in an attempt to BULL the woman and knock her over! Even after impact, she'd dig her heels in and attempt to force the woman back! The girl actually showing a surprising amount of physical strength as she attempted to grab behind the woman's knees and YANK as she pushed forward with her head, hoping to lift her off the ground before slamming them into the ground with her head digging into her ribs! An INCREDIBLY different fighting style to that strange high speed attack pattern before. Namely because it was copied! A move she'd borrowed from one of her classmates. A rather lage fellow by the name Jirui who had some sort of wrestling fighting style!
You're going to get grabbed going in like that. This woman is far too strong.
She puffed her cheeks, annoyed that her inner hollow didn't have more faith in her!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum