Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
That We Have Attained Perfection [Urahara, Julian] Left_bar_bleue16000/1That We Have Attained Perfection [Urahara, Julian] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

That We Have Attained Perfection [Urahara, Julian] Empty That We Have Attained Perfection [Urahara, Julian]

Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:22 pm
That We Have Attained Perfection [Urahara, Julian] 79YDfDf

JULIAN ST. VENDEMIAIRE | VICE CAPTAIN

Julian would be lying if he said that he was entirely happy with the idea that he'd been unceremoniously been given a new captain. After all, he hadn't even had much input on the matter, and he'd already been going rather out of his way to qualify for the position himself.

But, it was how things were. Julian may not have had the same personal connection to the current Captain Commander that he did to the previous one, and he was fairly certain that she didn't think especially highly of him. But regardless of those irrelevant factors, Julian was still a loyal member of the Gotei. It had become something that he could support, something that aligned with his ethics in their entirety. That was why, rather than being bitter about having lost an opportunity to rise into a higher position, he simply accepted that it would not happen today.

"Captain Urahara. Vice Captain St. Vendemiaire, here to see you."

He'd still yet to formally meet with his new Captain, despite the fact that it was probably important. Assisted with other work matters, helped with the transition of authority, all of that had gone by without issue. But the actual, more immediate matter of knowing who he would be working directly under? That had gone unaddressed.

WHEN TOMORROW COMES | END POST
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
That We Have Attained Perfection [Urahara, Julian] Left_bar_bleue0/0That We Have Attained Perfection [Urahara, Julian] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

That We Have Attained Perfection [Urahara, Julian] Empty Re: That We Have Attained Perfection [Urahara, Julian]

Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:28 pm

That We Have Attained Perfection [Urahara, Julian] UiUIw9T

Kisuke Urahara | Research Captain

The transition period had been a busy time for Kisuke Urahara. Setting up a public base of operations in the Seireitei had been the easy part, but there had been a lot of his predecessor's things that had needed to be sorted through and properly organised. The Third Division were an interesting bunch, for the most part, perhaps that was why some of them had been recruited as such. His Vice Captain, Julian St. Vendemiaire was perhaps the most interesting of them all. What a curious little fellow he was, working under Gamu for as long as he had. Though it was perhaps his life before that which really intrigued Kisuke.

And thus, as he sat there in his office musing over such things, the opportunity presented itself. It was strange how things just worked like that.

"You may enter, Julian, and do take a seat if you would like."

The room was a little bare compared to what one might have expected from the office of the Research Captain, but Julian was probably smart enough to deduce that Kisuke was not the type to really give anything away with unnecessary decorations. Still, there was a small desk and a few pieces of errant stationery. A couple of vacant chairs were somewhat haphazardly placed. It was like he was being purposefully messy despite his lack of things.

"You don't mind me calling you 'Julian' do you? I'd hate to get off on the wrong foot."

Saw that coming | END POST
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
That We Have Attained Perfection [Urahara, Julian] Left_bar_bleue16000/1That We Have Attained Perfection [Urahara, Julian] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

That We Have Attained Perfection [Urahara, Julian] Empty Re: That We Have Attained Perfection [Urahara, Julian]

Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:33 am

Julian was already quite aware of the reputation his captain had, and of what he realistically ought to be prepared for. In a way, it wasn't anything he was unfamiliar with. Captain Kurotsuchi had herself been an unpredictable enigma, though he doubted he should expect the exact same sort of behavior from this new captain. Taking a seat, his eyes didn't waver, a professionalism born of earnest dedication to his work.

"No, sir, 'Julian' is perfectly fine. My full name is quite inconvenient, and besides, I do appreciate a sense of fostering camaraderie."

He could have brought files on his current research, on any of the projects he was working on according to the official records. But those were relatively minor, bordering on inconsequential, and Julian knew that most of the 3rd Division's members would have considered them outright irrelevant. It was only his personal devotion to his duty that made him earnestly care for those minor works, but regardless, he knew they were not what Urahara would wish to know about.

"I imagine that I need not provide any briefings on most of the Division's goings-on, though of course I can do so if you wish. Then again, if your reputation is to be believed, I need not provide a briefing even on my hidden research, either."

Not that there was anything accusing in Julian's voice as he said that. If anything, there was respect in his voice at that, a faint degree of admiration. Julian himself was a schemer at heart, someone who understood the mentality required to orchestrate grand plans and keep track of countless moving parts. He knew that what he had heard of his captain was likely the faintest sliver of whatever was truly happening behind the scenes.

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
That We Have Attained Perfection [Urahara, Julian] Left_bar_bleue0/0That We Have Attained Perfection [Urahara, Julian] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:50 pm

"Wonderful, wonderful. I would indeed like to foster some camaraderie, we're to be working together for the foreseeable future and it would be mutually beneficial if that was a smooth process."

Kisuke was laying it on a little thick but Julian had been the one to bring it up first, the idea that they would now be considered a team. They were both astute men, so he trusted that the implications would not be lost on his subordinate.

"The activities of the rest of the division can continue as they are. Their work is of little consequence provided they are given the space to conduct it in relative privacy." He paused, eyes narrowing ever so slightly in the direction of his Vice-Captain, as the matter of those other research projects came around so quickly. "Though I suppose it would be rude of me to feign surprise at the revelation that a mind such as yours has been unfulfilled with official activities and instead works behind closed doors on other projects. You certainly fulfil your duties admirably with the time you allocate to them, so I would not request that you change from this process."

A hand scratched at the back of his head, ruffling through his messy hair as an innocent smile crept across his face. He had little interest in the rest of the division unless they somehow managed to make themselves interesting. Most of them were working on trivial matters anyway. As for Julian's own work, there was certainly a degree of professional respect that kept him from diving into the minutia of the tasks he had chosen to undertake.

"As a fellow academic, I can either offer you my assistance or stay out of your way. Of course, as your superior, I will still endeavour to stay on top of your progress for purely bureaucratic reasons."

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:52 pm

"Of course, Captain. My work is for the Gotei's sake, and I have no intention of keeping it hidden from those with the authority to see it."

Julian knew, after all, that he was a man that could not reasonably be trusted. His life before the Gotei had been one fundamentally designed to destroy the entire social order, and even his joining had simply been with the intention of subverting it in the end. That was no longer the case, but he knew that it would perhaps never be realistic that anyone could fully trust him, given the Gotei's history with treachery. It was all that he could do, then, to hide nothing from his superiors.

"Your assistance would be quite welcome. While I certainly enjoy the process of discerning more about the fundamental processes involved in the zanpakuto, I believe that having another scientifically-inclined viewpoint would provide me no small amount of assistance. After spending too much time on any project, one's mind can start to lose sight of some possibilities."

Not that he expected that might actually be true of his Captain, admittedly. But Julian was certainly aware of his own limitations, and he made his best effort not to simply become mired in them.

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:17 pm

Julian's offer was met with a light chuckle, as innocent as they came. Kisuke did hate gambling one way or another when there were uncertainties to consider, so it was reassuring to neatly tidy this one away. They were both figures of controversy, though perhaps his Vice Captain thought he had earned a little more infamy than he had.

"Not many wish to dabble with the fundamentals of Zanpakutos, which is probably for the best. It is not something for the faint of heart, after all. But if you are such a man then I would not regret reviewing your progress. Another pair of eyes can be all the extra insight you need to unpack some of the complexities you have developed."

With that handled, though, the Captain finally leant forwards in his chair. Elbows rested on the desk as he gazed across at Julian with a refreshed interest. An eyebrow perked up, taking again the measure of the man.

"But is the matter of reports all you came to discuss with me, Julian?"

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:59 pm

"The zanpakuto is a complicated affair, certainly, but I personally believe those complications are simply roadblocks that stand in the way of a better Gotei."

Direct, brutally honest, and without seemingly any concern about reproach or reprimand for what was, frankly, borderline heretical speech. But Julian stood by that outlook even now, that the esoterica of the zanpakuto was simply a distraction in the development of young and upcoming shinigami. If he could discern even a single way to reliably and safely expedite the process of growing with one's zanpakuto, he would consider that a profound accomplishment.

"These reports did certainly have a bit of urgency, given our lack of a captain for some time now. But they were not my sole purpose in coming here, no. Forgive me for my frankness, Captain, but I admit I was more than a touch surprised to be told that Kisuke Urahara would be returning to the Gotei as my captain. I think anyone in our line of work would be glad at the opportunity, but I am a curious man by nature, and there are a great many rumors attached to your name. It was only natural that I simply speak with you myself."

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:26 pm

"Spoken like a truly selfless soul, duly noted."

His response was perhaps equally heretical, in that he did not attempt to belittle such pursuits or even dare to discourage them. That would have been more than a little patronising though, and certainly ironic. Kisuke certainly had dedicated more than a little of his life to solving that problem, with varied results. But this was not his project to lead, he had plenty more to be getting on with and Julian knew that all too well.

"I suppose there are some tall tales going around about me now that I have returned. I can't say they're all just stories. But I suppose you deserve to know the reason for my return more than most. The Gotei recently came into possession of something both incredibly powerful and incredibly dangerous. I want to study it, to see what it is possible to achieve with it and to see how it can best be put to use - if at all. I told the Captain Commander as much, and thus I am here."

He knew that Julian already knew what he was talking about, so there was little need to elaborate. It had certainly already passed into and around his care since its recovery. His Vice Captain had been truthful enough with him, and so he would return that in equal measure. If nothing else, he was interested to see if Julian was interested in the work too.

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:10 am

That particular truth about his captain’s return to the Gotei hardly surprised Julian. In fact, it had always seemed like it was really the only logical reason for it to happen. Kisuke Urahara had long been noted as a total non-Gotei entity, one that had left for his own reasons and was unlikely to return. But suddenly, two shinigami patrolling in Europe bring back some dangerous artifact of unknown age, and then not long afterward he returns to captaincy? It had been rather suspicious, to put things lightly.

“I can hardly call your reasons disagreeable, sir. The object in question seems to have far more potential than I have currently been able to discern, and as much as I wish to know more, I am not nearly so foolish as to simply tamper with forces that unknown. My life is better used successfully researching than perishing in some obscured task.”

A pragmatist to the end, that was Julian. Research was well and good, but it was all meaningless if he died in the process, now wasn’t it? He’d delayed researching that ring for quite a long while now, not out of disinterest, but simple self-preservation. He wanted a bright future, but a future where he did not return home to Minerva at night was hardly bright at all.

“With your expertise being brought to the table, however, I believe that my own efforts will certainly be applied more meaningfully.”

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:45 am

Kisuke could have told Julian that there were other reasons that had also prompted his return, some more genuine than others, but it was the logical option that provided the results that he desired. Adding more fuel to the fire was unnecessary, as was debating with either of their personal opinions on many of the finer matters of Gotei policy and leadership. He was here to research the Ring, so he would do just that. Julian would aid him in his work and perhaps file away reports of his own that would make their way to eyes beyond the two of them. But that was hardly of concern to him, and he could disappear such things if really necessary.

“Indeed, simply tampering with it will not get you very far at all. Though it may cost you everything, I have heard they have quite a ravenous hunger.”

It was useful to know that Julian had such an intense focus on self preservation too, not that Kisuke particularly wanted to turn the screws on him yet. But there might be a time where that was needed, for both their sakes.

“It looks to me like we have agreed upon our first projects then. I look forward to what innovations we shall achieve.”

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum