Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Hand of Science [Bambietta, Urahara] Left_bar_bleue16000/1Hand of Science [Bambietta, Urahara] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Hand of Science [Bambietta, Urahara] Empty Hand of Science [Bambietta, Urahara]

Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:15 am
Hand of Science [Bambietta, Urahara] JryjPlU

BAMBIETTA BASTERBINE | 4TH SEAT

Truth be told, there were a lot of reasons that Bambietta had wanted to totally avoid the 3rd Division since the new Captain had arrived, but she wasn't entirely sure she could do that forever. She'd at least had enough info as a member of the penal legion to know that Kisuke Urahara was considered generally dangerous and extremely intelligent, and that was the kind of thing that put her on edge. She didn't really know why, either. It wasn't like she kept her background a secret, everyone knew where she'd come from.

Maybe it was just the idea that someone might actually be able to do something with that info other than just think less of her.

"Excuse me, Captain Urahara, sir? 4th Seat Basterbine, from the 2nd Division, here for our appointment."

If nothing else, she was good in formal situations, and this was something important enough that she was giving it her all, despite any personal misgivings or doubts she might have had. This was something she wanted to discuss, regardless of how difficult it might be, or even if it was an impossible topic.

CONTROLLED DETONATION | END POST
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Hand of Science [Bambietta, Urahara] Left_bar_bleue0/0Hand of Science [Bambietta, Urahara] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Hand of Science [Bambietta, Urahara] Empty Re: Hand of Science [Bambietta, Urahara]

Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:05 pm

Hand of Science [Bambietta, Urahara] UiUIw9T

Kisuke Urahara | Research Captain

The Captain of the Research Division found himself becoming a busier and busier man as news of his seeming benevolence began to spread around the Gotei. He was a man that had a lot of answers, and the wisdom to ask the right questions, they said. So, in their droves, Shinigami were coming to glean what they could from the legendary Kisuke Urahara. He supposed it was his own fault really, putting himself out there as he had done, but they were also mistaken to assume it was all purely out of the good of his heart.

"Ah, Miss.." There was a pause, almost negligible given his usual manner of speaking but not quite acute enough to be unnoticeable. "Bambietta, come in. Take a seat if you'd like, or stand. Though I'll be sitting."

His office was, as per usual, almost entirely bare. There was enough decoration to identify it as being inhabited, but with an almost entire lack of personal items or ornaments. Kisuke himself sat behind his desk, a hand already running through his pale blonde hair as he studied Bambietta's approach. A thin smile spread across his lips when she settled, an easy one that served to counterbalance the scrutiny that came with his gaze.

"So, how can I help?"

Saw that coming | END POST
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Hand of Science [Bambietta, Urahara] Left_bar_bleue16000/1Hand of Science [Bambietta, Urahara] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Hand of Science [Bambietta, Urahara] Empty Re: Hand of Science [Bambietta, Urahara]

Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:10 am

While it would have been far more comfortable for Bambietta to stand, like it was some sort of defense to have a few extra moments to flee if necessary, she took the seat that had been offered to her. It was the polite thing to do, and besides, she knew she'd be here for a while.

As she opened her mouth to speak, there was a moment of hesitation, and in that single moment all the things that she could say ran through her mind. She could avoid the real issue she'd come here for pretty easily, if she wanted to. Oh, Captain Urahara, do you have any kido advice? That would have been plenty easy, sure. But Bambietta was committed to the path she'd chosen.

"I wanted to know if it would be possible to remove the cybernetic enhancements I recieved during my time with Vastime. I've been pardoned, and I don't want them tying me there anymore," she explained, a serious, almost grave tone to her voice. Of course, she knew the reputation R&D had, and she wasn't an idiot who would simply come in here asking for charity, or who would throw out a request like that without being more specific. "They're supposed to be state of the art, and they're extensive. My spine, some of my joints. I don't know if they'd help with any of your research here, but you can have them. As long as it doesn't kill me, I'm not worried about whatever has to happen."

She could recover from plenty, if she had the time. Medical science was pretty advanced these days, and kaido was hardly anything to sneeze at. The only thing Bambietta was actually afraid of was death, and even that...well, it seemed like sometimes people kept their memories, their personality. She wasn't willing to take a risk like that, but it certainly hovered in the back of her mind. Besides, she was still human. If she died, she'd just come back here, right?

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Hand of Science [Bambietta, Urahara] Left_bar_bleue0/0Hand of Science [Bambietta, Urahara] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:30 am

That innocent smile only broadened as Bambi faltered, trying as it might to encourage her into confronting exactly what was on her mind. Kisuke's eyebrows did raise a little as she finally spoke too, edging a little bit forwards in his chair. It was a peculiar thing to ask, certainly, and yet the sentiment was understandable. Still, he felt almost obligated to comment.

"The loss of these cybernetics may have a significant effect upon both your own personal health and your ability to function as a Substitute Shinigami. Though I cannot say without inspecting them with my own eyes, I can certainly say that your body will be less than what it was before. At least for a non-insignificant period of time after the items were removed. Your body has likely grown dependant upon these tools to function in the manner that it does, and simply removing them will leave you with a significant period of rehabilitation and recovery following surgery."

It was endearing that she offered him the potential to learn from them. Though even Vastimian tech of this calibre was hardly beyond his reach, he certainly did not want that to become common knowledge. Repurposing this as Gotei-sanctioned cybernetic research would be an easier sell if he had them too, though it was still unlikely that the Captain-Commander would approve of such intrusive biological research. Regardless, he offered a pleasant nod at the offer of such payment.

"But this is not about self-improvement in the physical sense, is it? I've read your file, all of it, so I won't labour that point anymore. You want to know if it's possible? Yes, it is. It will not be a straightforward process, there will no doubt be unique medical challenges to overcome, but if you are prepared for the consequences then I will offer my services with a clear conscience."

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:27 pm

She knew that, of course. Knew perfectly well that something of this caliber would put her out of commission for a while. Bambietta hated that thought, because all she wanted was to be helpful, good at her job. The thought of being crippled for even a relatively short while made the decision harder, but ultimately, there was only one way to go.

"I understand, Captain. I'm not afraid of the consequences," she put forward firmly, nodding in affirmation as she spoke. "Even if I'm only a substitute, this is still my life here. What's even the point if I'm not willing to do whatever I can to see it through?"

Bambietta wasn't the sort to run away from something just because it was difficult. Even something like this would probably be like a living hell for a while, but so what? It wouldn't be any worse than the thought that those implants might just fail her one day, that Vastime could suddenly turn them off, or outright kill her if they wanted to.

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:51 pm

"Not afraid at all, huh? That's pretty bold of you."

If anything, Kisuke had to admire her courage. There was certainly some merit in putting on a brave face and pretending that this was not something to be scared about. This whole process was incredibly dangerous, and they both knew that, so there was certainly no small chance that she might die. He had certainly treaded pretty lightly in his first pitch because, maybe, he was just a little scared too. But he could compartmentalize all that fear pretty well, it was hardly the most pressing fear he had to deal with right now anyway.

"This isn't going to be a process that can just be done in an afternoon. It will take time and resources. If -at any point- you have a change of heart, we can discuss other options. Because I think there are some that are certainly less dangerous though equally less impactful in dealing with your issues."

That much was certainly true, though he had to admit that Bambietta did not seem like the type to deal in half measures. He'd do the same thing in her shoes too. It was always cleaner to deal in absolutes.

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:23 am

"I've been told I'm very bold, sir."

Something of an understatement, if Bambietta was being completely honest with herself. Maybe this decision was just one more mistake she was making by being too confidence, but she could live with that for once. If it did become too much for her, she'd stop. But this life was one she wanted to commit to, whether that was because she really cared or just out of sheer desire to run from the past. No matter what, she was a woman who gave things her all.

"If it comes to that, I'll gladly consider other options. I don't want to push myself so much that I can't do my job anymore. I can't pretend I know half as much as you do about how all this works, and I wouldn't have been surprised if you said it was impossible."

Hell, she'd entirely expected that actually. But she'd asked anyway, because this was something that mattered to her more than anything else. It didn't really matter how terrifying it was, it was better than just not trying.

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:43 pm

Kisuke laughed at the comment on her boldness, though it was certainly a serious statement Bambietta had made. Still, it was always easier to defuse the tension with a light amount of humour. He would never have forced her to do this, so that willingness to take action would become all the more necessary as they proceeded.

"I will not lie to you, there are always risks, but I will do what I can to minimise those. To that end... There is likely not anyone outside of the high-ranking Vastimian Cybernetic Scientists that have a complete understanding of the functionality, usability, and maintenance of your enhancements. I can pull up your medical records and see what details they provide, but I would prefer to have a more intimate understanding of what we are working with."

There really was no other way to put this. Or, well, there definitely was but it was certainly not his style. Still, if he'd brought his fan he would have covered his face with it at this point. Instead, he forced that smile down into a sobering frown and sat just a little more upright in his chair. He was truly being serious, after all.

"Before I can say with certainty that they can be removed, I would like to perform a full physical inspection. Some insight can be gained from scans and x-rays, which I would also like to organise, but there are other variables that cannot be factored into the equation without a personal touch. If we're going to do this, I want to be as informed as possible."

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:45 am

In almost any other circumstance, the offer of a "full physical inspection" might have made Bambietta uncomfortable, reminded her of her days where her entire life was decided for her and she had no actual rights apart from what she earned. Alternately, it might've just come across as flirting. This, however, was a quite different circumstance than either of those things, and she simply nodded resolutely in response to his request.

"Of course, Captain. Whatever you need to get this handled right, I'll gladly do what I can."

Admittedly, Bambietta knew that maybe this would go nowhere. Maybe this wasn't even a serious effort on the Captain's part, and he just wanted an excuse to get her clothes off or something. She didn't think that'd be the case, but even if it was, it wasn't the worst thing she'd been through, and it was a risk she'd take for the sake of seeing this through.

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:26 pm

"Thank you. I imagine we are both going to have to trust each other a little more than a typical doctor and patient throughout this process."

That endearing smile returned as she responded positively to his request. He certainly could have proceeded without being so thorough but it was not the approach that he would ever recommend. Gathering as much information as possible was the key to any piece of research. The other details of what he proposed were certainly not lost on him, but if she thought that he was perversely scheming then he would certainly have been offended. There were plenty of easier ways to achieve such goals than a convoluted medical process.

"I can have my instruments ready in an hour or so, if you wished to get this part out of the way, but will that disrupt your schedule for the evening? Equally, I am happy to arrange another appointment if that would suit you better."

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum