Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Catscratch Reunion [Rangiku, Igen] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue42100/16000Catscratch Reunion [Rangiku, Igen] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

Catscratch Reunion [Rangiku, Igen] - Page 2 Empty Re: Catscratch Reunion [Rangiku, Igen]

Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:39 pm
Catscratch Reunion [Rangiku, Igen] - Page 2 Y9u5IiA

Rangiku Matsumoto

Rangiku couldn't help but feel rather touched with Igen's comment, letting out a little aww with a smile and a hand on her chest. She was plenty glad she had such a profound effect on her students, intending to carry that attitude well into her duties. A closer knit, well adjusted Gotei was a better Gotei, in the end.

She'd chuckle, patting his back when he insisted on her picking, "Alright alright, you are treating me after all. How about we hit up a bar for some food and drinks, yeah?"

It definitely was her idea of a good time - some group drinking with some good food was always the way to celebrate!

END|
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Catscratch Reunion [Rangiku, Igen] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Catscratch Reunion [Rangiku, Igen] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Catscratch Reunion [Rangiku, Igen] - Page 2 Empty Re: Catscratch Reunion [Rangiku, Igen]

Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:20 pm
Catscratch Reunion [Rangiku, Igen] - Page 2 HEADER_97131311_p6_master1200

Igen smiled right back as she made that noise, not in the slightest embarassed as she seemed to take it to heart. Straightening up a bit as she patted his back. He blinked....huh that was....interesting. Though thankfully she soon brought up where she wanted to eat and couldn't help but stare a little. Professor Matsumoto in ... a bar? TRUE she definitely had the mannerisms. And.... hm. Actually now that he thought about it, she was the kinda woman who he would imagine ate at those same places. But still it wasn't at all what he expected. But all the same, he smiled along and nodded. "Sounds good to me!" He chimed and collected his things. Giving Ko a pat on the shoulder. The big tiger yawned slowly and stretched, fanning her claws before getting up and following, both of them ready to follow the now-Lieutenant to her bar of choice!

Truth be told, Igen actually had been trying to cut down on the drinking, but had kinda gotten so distracted by his training that he hadn't drank in forever! So he actually was kinda excited to get to have a nice drink after so long! "Heh, It's weird hearing you talk about going to get a drink. I guess I don't really think of Teachers doing that." He admitted.
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Catscratch Reunion [Rangiku, Igen] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue42100/16000Catscratch Reunion [Rangiku, Igen] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:10 am

Rangiku Matsumoto

Rangiku's eyes narrowed in her amusement, "Yeah? Bet you think I lived in the classroom and slept under the desk too, huh?" She'd joke as the two (three?) of them made their way through the Seireitei, her occasionally waving at others and smiling as she made her way through. Eventually they'd make it to one of her usual stops, a nice corner bar that she knew quite well and served some good sake.

"But nah, i'm sure a lot of teachers do this kind of stuff no sweat. I have gotten invited to a few work outings after all." She'd grin as they'd get seated, "Even if they're your teachers, they're still people who wanna take a load off, yknow?"

END|

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Catscratch Reunion [Rangiku, Igen] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Catscratch Reunion [Rangiku, Igen] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:20 am

Igen chuckled softly at that and smiled sheepishly. "Of course not! I figured you just had a house out in the Rukongai." He admitted, rubbing his cheek and tilting his head just a little as he considered what he HAD expected. All the same, he perked up as they closed in on where it was that ..OH! He knew this bar! Immediately he lit up. "OH! I've been here before! I went through that window!" He chimed excitedly, pointing to one of the back windows. Ahhhh, memories of bar fights. He grinned a little and promptly waved as they slipped in. Immediately a few patrons who recognized Igen from other bars roused a greeting, though one probably drowned out by the greeting to Rangiku.

He waved back, a little unsurprised that he'd never run into his teacher here. He usually hung around the rowdier bars. Still, he perked up as he spotted someone behind the counter. "Oh snap, Sago!" He immediately perked up, recognizing someone he knew from the rukongai! Promptly he and the bartender exchanged a few greetings, Igen having not known that someone he knew from the rukongai worked the bar. He promptly turned to Rangiku and put on a big smile. "We're here to eat for the evening and get a few drinks! She's on my tab tonight!" He promptly informed the bartender. That friendly aura of his bright as ever.
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:35 pm

Rangiku Matsumoto

A soft laugh came in response to his reaction to her facetious words, "You're a funny guy, Igendai."

She was giving a few more greetings to some she recognized before Igen's proclamation caught her attention, a look of surprise dawning her features, "Wait, that was you? I didn't even realize!"

There was a night she recalled when the bar was getting pretty rowdy behind her and she definitely heard the window shatter, but she had a little too much to drink and was a bit to preoccupied to remember much past that too well. Igendai definitely was the type to get into a bar brawl, now that she thought about it - not that it was something she thought lesser of someone. She honestly was surprised she never ran into him here!

Once they were settled and drinks were on the way, she'd grin at Igendai, "So, have ya gotten any girls on your radar? I'd be surprised if none were interested."

END|

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:44 pm

Igen perked up and smiled a bit at that. Actually EXTRA pleased at the choice of noun from the Teacher! He liked 'guy' it definitely made him feel ....relatable? So he was already pleased. However, his eyes widened a bit when of all things the woman recognized him?! "Wait, you were THERE for that? Three weeks ago? Like... thursday afternoon? I didn't even know ...well...eheh...I guess I was a little too drunk out to really much of anyone at the time." He chuckled with a grin, sighing fondly. Man, he now was a little intrigued that they had such similar circles and vaguely, thinking back to all the crack shots he'd gotten from a crowd of mobbing people, if perhaps one or two of those sets of knuckles had belonged to his teacher. He chuckled at the idea.

With them both settled, Igen relaxed even more, mirroring Rangiku's choice of drink and getting himself a simple dinner, naturally she ordered whatever she liked, and he couldn't help but enjoy the personability of his Sensei. He'd expected a LOT of potential ways the evening could have gone. Fancy restraunts, special little eateries. But he never thought he'd wind up just drinking at at bar with her. It was frankly awesome! Though she DID hit him a little out of nowhere with that question.

"Eh?" He blinked, staring a bit owlishly begore he chuckled and gave a sheepish look to the woman. "Uh.... Not really? I guess I did get set up on a blind date a month or so ago. It was fun! I got to meet a lot of people, My friend set me up with one of his sisters so I got to meet a bunch of his family. But uh...I dunno. We still talk, it's nice, but we're more like...friends? Kyo's always been the popular guy outta the two of us. I've never really put a lot of thought into trying to find myself a girl." He admitted with a sheepish smile. And certainly Rangiku would likely have seen that. He was an attentive student, not the sort of fellow who oggled others around the class. But with this, it became clear that that was just his natural state, even outside of the classroom.
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:57 pm

Rangiku Matsumoto

She'd give a slight shrug, lounging in her chair as she'd begin eating and drinking, "I don't remember it all too well either, just knew some guy went out a window. Probably was caught up in a conversation or something, on top of drinking of course."

One bar fight amongst many wasn't much to discern in the moment, she'd been witness to a ton of those to the point it really wasn't much to sweat over. She occasionally had a coworker or buddy who seemed concerned but she was always there to reassure that as long as they didn't get pulled into the excitement they'd be fine. Everyone had a moment where they were a drunk dumbass, after all, so she only took the thought of Igen in a brawl in stride, even with some amusement.

And once again the poor kid's bashfulness peeked through as he talked about his track record with dating, or rather not. Huh, she'd think a guy like him would have young ladies gunning for him.

"Well, just keep being your cool guy self and i'm sure you'll get with somebody." She'd give him a thumbs up and a grin.

END|

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:12 pm

Igen couldn't help but chuckle a bit at that. "I don't really remember it too well either. I actually just remember being told about it the next day." He admitted and perked up as their food and drink arrived, offering a friendly smile and a wave as he let Rangiku start things off with their meal, naturally letting the person being celebrated start first. He definitely was happy they'd gone somewhere nice and normal. Frankly he didn't know anything about fancy food, and would have had trouble figuring out what to order. But a Bar? He knew exactly what he wanted.

Even so, he was a little surprised as Rangiku spoke to such.... confidence about the subject. "Do girls like that stuff?" He ventured, thinking back. "I've heard girls talk about Kyo before and they seemed more interested in muscle." He pointed out. He certainly did sortof ...wind up sometimes being swept up in the girl chat sometimes. He wasn't always sure why, but it happened now and then, recalling a conversation that had gone on about Kyo-san's pecs. Followed by being questioned about if he was single at the time. It was definitely a strange situation. But he didn't really put any thought into it beyond that. That kind of thing just didn't seem like his forte.

"So, if you don't mind me asking. What made you decide to go with Squad Eight?" He ventured. Truth be told, he never really HAD thought about where the woman would fit in the old gotei, and truth be told, it was still a little odd seeing it expand after so long. Especially on the administrative side of things.
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:36 pm

Rangiku Matsumoto

It felt pretty great to be able to spend some casual time with one of her past students, relaxing over food and talks. She definitely was appreciating Igen's generosity plenty fold, as even if it was a free meal she wouldn't be one to abuse such an opportunity. She always had her reasonable share of drinks and food with these offers; she wasn't willing to take advantage of kindness, especially not from her student! But she was going to let herself enjoy at least.

"Well of course a good body is going to be a part of the works! Gals like having some good looks to peek at yknow? Not that you aren't good looking of course. But that isn't all that's to it, there's more than one way to be a man and that's definitely having some confidence." She'd sip off the rest of her sake, calling the tender for more, before continuing, "So buck up, chin high, chest out, and say whatever you feel's right! Girls smell insecurity from a mile away, like blood to sharks."

She'd speak in a highly jovial tone, patting Igen on the shoulder a bit roughly, though simmering down when he asked his question, "Oh, why Eighth? Well first off I had been requested, and well why would I refuse that? I'd been meaning to hop back in for a good while now, even if my Zanpakuto's been a stubborn hairball about things."

Her brow would twitch, reminiscing of her attempts to get Haineko to at least take her seriously, only to end in pure frustration. Lazy cat didn't wanna do any of the heavy lifting! All that attitude, too! She was surprised she even had the energy to be that sassy with how much of a bum she was!

"Rose seemed like a good captain to work with, I was either unfamiliar with the others or some divisions were just too rowdy for my style. At least it worked out in the end, right?"

END|

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:04 pm

Igen paused for a moment and gave a little chuckle. "I mean yea I know that. I know I'm not like UGLY. I'm not bad looking, I'm pretty, cute, even a little handsome. But uh, not really ...rugged handsome. More.....bishie handsome?" He tapped his chin, and chuckled. "I've never had problems with confidence. I'm honest, If I like someone, I say it. I just....hm...I dunno." He itched his cheek, starting to struggle just a little as he had a hard time quite expressing his situation. Which, frankly was that he just sortof started to ignore the idea of getting a partner. He opened up about it to Kyo from time to time, but really that was it. It was ... a weird subject. Truth be told, he usually just preferred not to think about it. ....Was that unhealthy? Hm. Still, he didn't want to bring down the mood, so he glossed it over. Promptly embracing the next subject.

"Oh really? Huh. Seems a lot of the people I work with have those kinda problems now that I think about it..." He murmured, looking in the direction of his office where Ko was napping. She had elected not to come with them after all. It was kinda weird that they had such a rough start, but now he felt like he knew his Zanpaku'to way better than a lot of his colleagues. "Still, that's awesome! I hear Captain Rojuro has been scouting a lot of people what with the formation of his new squad. I'm glad to hear that you're one of the people he picked up!" He noted with a bright smile. "I admit I kinda felt that way when I was picking a division too. I mean, I ultimately went with what made the most sense for me career-path wise. I wanna be a Captain, maybe the Commander. So it made sense I'd want to learn how things ran on an administrative level. It's kinda only recently that....you know... I started to develop myself." He mused, and then chuckled a bit sheepishly.

"And well, I already told you about how things have been with my Zanpaku'to." He noted nervously, recalling Ko's...comments about his Teacher. He sighed and promptly took a heavy swig of his drink and then another couple bites of food. Honestly thankful that a drink had been part of the plans for the evening.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum