Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Knocking On Heaven's Door [Ibiki/Shuten]  Left_bar_bleue99999/99999Knocking On Heaven's Door [Ibiki/Shuten]  Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)
Tiers:
https://www.platinumhearts.net

Knocking On Heaven's Door [Ibiki/Shuten]  Empty Knocking On Heaven's Door [Ibiki/Shuten]

Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:30 pm
[CLICK THE POSTING MUSIC IN THE YOUTUBE BAR]

IBIKI SUIKA

Enter Ibiki's Post

How long had it been since Ibiki had stepped forth in these walls? Seeing the rows of shinigami in attendance, the endless walls of the Seiretei, and venturing into the depths of what was once an incredible power, she led. It was all history at this point, yet a few shinigami here and there would do double takes to make sure they saw things correctly as the likes of this Suika entered into 5th division barracks to visit and check on her sister.

The amber eyes of the former Captain Commander took in the sights as she got closer to the housing unit where her kin lay. In the time it took to get there, the woman took in the unseasonably warm air as the ginger breeze blew against her amber hair, and she seemed to smile at all those she made eye contact with as a result. Perhaps she should check on how much things have changed since her time after the business with Shuten was taken care of.

Regardless, once she entered this housing compound, a knock on the door would alert Shuten to her presence; if her already familiar spiritual pressure didn't. Uncertain of the state of her sister after being demoted from captaincy, she figured some instability might be in her sister's soul. And being that she was an ex-commander herself, who else would be better to assist someone going through such a massive life-changing event than Ibiki?

So, she let out a content sigh and waited to see Shuten and go from there.

Code By:
[THEFROST]

Knocking On Heaven's Door [Ibiki/Shuten]  WVMWLOu
darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Knocking On Heaven's Door [Ibiki/Shuten]  Left_bar_bleue128100/999999Knocking On Heaven's Door [Ibiki/Shuten]  Empty_bar_bleue  (128100/999999)
Tiers:

Knocking On Heaven's Door [Ibiki/Shuten]  Empty Re: Knocking On Heaven's Door [Ibiki/Shuten]

Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:51 pm

Song: N/A - By: N/A - Word Count: N/A

Indeed... Shuten had been quite conflicted and confused. Her demotion, while not wholly unexpected, came at the most unfortunate of times; given a partner of hers had gone into the zero division, a bit of an unreachable state, truth be told. However, Shuten was still here, performing what duties she can, and doing all she could to keep busy while the conflict and confusion roiled in her soul. However, a specific energy source had roused Shuten from her stupor of drinking and staring at the ceiling, her brain covered in thoughts. That specific energy was that of her elder sister, Ibiki Suika. It was hard for Shuten's heart not to leap in joy. Of course, she could visit her sister any time she wanted, since Ibiki was retired now, but that didn't mean Shuten had enough time to go and do so. Such reasons were why the Suika had cleaned her little home up the best she could in the limited time she had. It wasn't a mess, per se, but if Shuten's older sister was about to visit, Shuten wanted to present less of a mess and more of a cleanliness; even if her soul and mind may have some factors of instability.

Regardless, a cleaner living space, and a brighter headspace was what greeted Ibiki as Shuten opened the door shortly after she had knocked; the younger Suika smiling brightly at her big sister as Shuten embraced her in a hug; always paying mind to the position of their horns, lest the hug become a bit... painful. Eventually, Shuten released her elder sister and gave her a warm smile. Hers was a welcome presence, especially now, and she couldn't help but feel her mood brighten in the presence of someone who she admired and loved so; after all, they were family.

"Ibiki... It's so good to see you, Sis. It feels like it's been far too long since I've last seen you. Please, come in."

Shuten had released her sister from her embrace fully now, stepping aside for the elder Suika so that she may enter Shuten's newly cleaned quarters. She closed and latched the door behind her, and then gestured Ibiki to take a seat in one of the more comfortable chairs; placing a dish of her own sake in front of her sister on a coffee table. Shuten then sat across from her elder sister, her very own sake dish in hand, which she drank from near moments after seating herself; her purple eyes searching Ibiki's face carefully as she wondered why her sister was here.

"What brings you here, Sis? Everything okay?"

THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Knocking On Heaven's Door [Ibiki/Shuten]  Left_bar_bleue99999/99999Knocking On Heaven's Door [Ibiki/Shuten]  Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)
Tiers:

Knocking On Heaven's Door [Ibiki/Shuten]  Empty Re: Knocking On Heaven's Door [Ibiki/Shuten]

Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:26 pm

IBIKI SUIKA

Enter Ibiki's Post

It was natural for two sisters to embrace one another after being separated for so long. So, the bigger Suika would let the smaller one remain in her arms for a bit longer as she patted her head and looked down at her sibling. Something was off with Shuten when Iibki glanced at the surroundings and her sister's eyes, but her gentle smile wouldn't indicate much for the time being.

"You are right; it has been a while since we've talked, Shuten. So let's have some sake, relax and catch up."

Nodding along with the sentiments Shuten expressed, Ibiki more than made herself at home as she leaned back in a chair and quickly partook in guzzling down the warm nectar of the gods that was her sake dish. It made everything more chill and took the edge off pesky stresses and strains. Yet, during this time, her amber eyes focused on Shuten until she spoke.

"But you are what brings me here, Shuten. I want to see how you have been adapting to the change in lifestyle since you were demoted from being Captain. And being that I know a thing or two about that, I figured I'd be the best person for you to talk to about it."

Code By:
[THEFROST]

darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Knocking On Heaven's Door [Ibiki/Shuten]  Left_bar_bleue128100/999999Knocking On Heaven's Door [Ibiki/Shuten]  Empty_bar_bleue  (128100/999999)
Tiers:

Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:22 pm

Frankly speaking, with how Shuten had been feeling, she probably could have remained in that hug for quite a while... but she went with her sister's wish when the hug was broken for how long it was to last. However, she did deeply appreciate the head pat. Shuten was more than happy to share as much Sake with her sister as she wanted, after all Shuten could create more on a whim; just for the exchange of a small bit of energy. Much like Ibiki, Shuten downed a great deal of Sake before they even really started talking, enjoying the flavor and sensations as her body became warmer just from the large ingestion. She let out a small sigh of relief, feeling her body relax more than it had for days. Sake and her big sister... It all made everything a bit brighter.

However, Shuten's eyes soon turned up towards Ibiki as she said why she was here. A change in lifestyle, how she was adapting, and being the best person to check up on her because of their closeness. Shuten couldn't help but look downwards as she stared into her mostly empty sake dish, deciding to use this moment to top off both her and Ibiki's dishes of Sake before she finally was able to answer Ibiki. When she spoke, she made sure not to break eye contact with her sister.

"Honestly...? Not the best. Even if I knew the position was relatively temporary, that doesn't mean I wanted to lose it... It's been a bit hard to adjust to. Sure, less paperwork is always nice but... It's hard not to take a demotion hard even if some part of you knew it had to happen. It is nice to have Henrex back, however... But... I'm not sure what I want anymore, Ibiki. I felt like I've always known. But now? With multiple compounding issues of a dear friend leaving for the zero division and my captaincy being removed... Well, I've had quite the lack of motivation for much. Part of me is wondering if I even want to be part of the Gotei anymore. It's all so... So confusing..."

Shuten shook her head gently, adjusting her clothes gently before she took another long draft of her sake, thoroughly enjoying the warmth from the drink. Afterwards, she looked towards her sister again. She said no more, but her eyes said her questions; what did she need to do? What should she do? Someone needed to keep an eye on Henrex, idiot would work himself to death without someone there to pick up the slack or knock him upside the head if he went overboard. But... was she the one to do it anymore? Her positioning in her division felt dubious at best... Right now, she needed help more than ever before.

THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:01 pm

IBIKI SUIKA

Enter Ibiki's Post

Aimlessness was an enemy of the soul. The gateway to death was through a lack of a purpose and a reason to live. And given the response from Shuten, Ibiki could tell that nothing but decay was heading her way. Perhaps in some sense, it could lead to a literal death in the case of broken heart syndrome, yet the Suika knew this was the death of the spirit. Being the living dead was all that was in the future of Shuten, and the elder sister could only take another hard swig from her dish as she summarized how to approach such a delicate manner.

"And you believe staying coupled indoors, drinking yourself into a detached stupor, will solve that?"

Iibki snorted for a moment before patting Shuten's shoulder and continuing.

"If the world has changed, you adapt to it or die. And given I doubt you are suicidal, so you must learn to live in the moment."

Nodding, she partook in the rich flavors of her fruity sake, exhaled a soft sigh, and collected her thoughts for a few moments before speaking further on this subject.

"Have you even tried to engage with the world? Find new bonds to replace the old? You held the power of a Captain; why not use that influence to explore this world, find new people and new motives to exist? We aren't weak people, Shuten."

After sitting her dish down, Ibiki cupped her sister's chin so that she never lost sight of her amber gaze and continued.

"While our bodies are trained to deal with battles of the physical kind, this is a battle for your soul and mind you have to accept. I cannot always hold your hand through it, but I can help guide you to the answer only your soul comprehends. Do you understand?"

Code By:
[THEFROST]

darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:17 pm

“No… I-“

Shuten cut herself off, knowing that excuses would not hold water. She shook her head gently, as if to remove the very thought. Excuses were not what she needed to bring forth at the moment. Indeed, she had been cooped up quite a bit aside from taking care of her daily duties. Frankly speaking, the Suika had honestly debated if she should leave the Seireitei and go rogue; but that was even less appealing than her current situation. But, Shuten was at an honest loss of what to do. However, drink herself into a stupor? No… that was not her goal. She was simply trying to bring forth ideas that would not come, and it just so happened alcohol helped her relax.

And so, Shuten listened to Ibiki while taking occasional sips of her sake; watching her elder sister with a keen eye. Indeed… she knew Shuten better than Shuten would occasionally know herself. Because she has no tried to engage with the world much, and reasons to move on with her career path were sparse; if only because her motivation was at its lowest of lows. Eventually, however, Shuten found her chin captured by her elder sister and was forced to look into those amber eyes. Siblings or no, the gesture was embarrassing, and a rosy color rose in Shuten’s cheeks as she was made to look into her sister’s eyes; which seemed to reflect the hues of Shuten’s own purple eyes. It was… odd. Regardless, she pushed those feelings away, unable to really rid herself of embarrassment as she calmly tried to reply.

“I-I do… and I don’t want you to hold my hand in such a way, Ibiki… how can I find my own purpose if it is given to me and not discovered? After all, we Suika know all too well that being coddled is death in the Rukongai… Thank you… But, where do we begin?”

Shuten’s eyes were filled with a modicum of concern despite the new glow that seemed to emanate from them at the prospects of something new. She wasn’t exactly reclusive, but much of the charm of her job was lost on her. There was no war to fight, no beings to Assassinate, and nothing to really cause her immense concern. Instead, she had a much more monotonous pace at work… and, perhaps, she was feeling quite angry with the current leadership for, after all she had done to hold her division together with basically only herself, she had been rewarded with a demotion. Discouraging was a bit of an understatement, perhaps…

“My desire to remain in the Gotei withers with each day. Should I turn to the world at large instead of concerning myself with such problems as positions that signify that of only possible power and battle prowess? I don’t know the answers to these questions and I wager I never will… Perhaps I should leave and strike out on my own, but is that even the correct course? I’m a bit too uncertain to truly know that’s what I wish to do…”

Shuten shrugged a tiny bit as she quietly considered her options, taking a surprisingly long break from drinking some sake. After a bit, Shuten took a drink of her sake, letting the fruity tasting liquid permeate her being. After a tiny bit, the Suika looked at her sister and gave her the first genuine smile since she walked in the door.

"It's time I adapted and figured what the fuck I'm gonna do with my life, huh? The question is... How?"

THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:18 am

IBIKI SUIKA

Enter Ibiki's Post

Ibiki relaxed in her heat as she started to take a few more sips of her sake dish. It was lovely to let that warmth and relaxation of the booze hit her throat and flow to her body as she observed and listened to more of Shuten's explanations. Discussing notions of the soul brought with it the ugly realizations of reality, and the Suika was beginning to peer straight through them as she could sense pity, uncertainty, depression, and resentment growing within the spirit of the Suika.

So, as Shuten explained herself, Ibiki closed her eyes for a few moments to contemplate how to piece together her words carefully. Then, with one more chug of her dish, she let out a soft but relaxed sigh as her amber gaze opened again, and she decided to speak the truth from her point of view.

"You are in a state of pity, spite, aimlessness, and regret for all the actions which brought you to this point. And as unfortunate of a fate as you have, we all have actions and choices that deliver us to such stations in life, and we can only reserve our power by taking responsibility for them. From what I've gathered, you had ample time to do more for your division, but you weren't there, and naturally, your commander let you go. It's nothing personal, but you have to live with that."

Each of Ibiki's words was spoken in a ginger but direct way, as the elder Suika did not mince her opinions one bit. Of course, there was no need to be a jerk, but this wasn't the time to be a softie.

"Which is why you may hold contempt for your fate, bemoan your superiors or you could find purpose in the pain and seek to piece together a new tomorrow. That pain will not cease until you go out and explore the world, seek out those who need your help, and be a shinigami that is of value to the world. And that won't come by sitting in your room doing nothing because a fancy Captain title was taken away from you."

Nodding along with what was spoken towards Shuten, Ibiki took another swig of her drink before contemplating further.

"With that said, there is no rush for you to decide. If you can do what you desire in the Gotei? Achieve it. If you feel you can do it on your own? Pursue that. But for now, you haven't even interacted with the world around you in your current state, and you can't expect to find an answer without doing the work to gather what you can experience in this current state of life, Shuten."

After taking another swig of her sake, Ibiki continued.

"Go to the human world and observe the current state of mortal affairs. Explore the soul society and discover what work needs to be done. Investigate the lands of Hueco Mundo and see if there is anything foul lurking there. Do anything but sit here feeling sorry for yourself, Shuten."

Code By:
[THEFROST]

darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:08 pm

Ibiki was right... Shuten was being quite stupid to just sit here in her room and do, well, NOTHING. However, she still didn't quite know what she wished to do. Would she venture onto human world? She could... but perhaps that wasn't for the best. It was quite likely she still had unfinished business here in the Soul Society. And she wasn't about to leave Henrex alone without a surefire Vice-Captain she knew he could depend on. After all, if she retired, she wanted to be on good terms with Hernex at least... and she knew all too well that she was the one at fault for her absence, even if she didn't want to admit it. She simply drained her dish of Sake before she moved over to sit on the arm of her sister's chair, having refilled both of their dishes of Sake as she smiled at her warmly.

"You're right, Ibiki... I can't just leave without finishing up my business here. Who knows, I may not leave at all... but, exploring the Living World does have it's merits; but I'm not sure I want to do so in my current position. I should wrap things up, maybe help Henrex choose a good vice captain... Assuming I decide to leave at all. Thanks, sis... You've given me a whole lot to think about, and a whole lot to do, all things considered... Once a head Captain always a head captain, huh~?"

She smiled teasingly at her elder sister, taking a drink from her sake dish as she considered the wall in front of them; her eyes taking in nothing while she calmly adjusted the hem of her outfit. She couldn't help but think of her family now, and the desire to stay in the Gotei grew stronger than ever... But, that would only be a deciding factor in the end when she had decided what she wanted to do; and how she wanted to do it. For now, however, she turned her brain to more brighter thoughts as she contemplated all that Ibiki had brought before her.

"How's retirement treating you, sis? Not getting too bored, are we? Maybe we should have a family trip once I figure everything out a bit better. What do ya think? After all... I would love to see the Living World without having to worry about fighting overly much~ And who better to see it with me than my very own sister~?"

THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:19 pm

IBIKI SUIKA

Enter Ibiki's Post

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. This was all too distant. Was Ibiki being a bit too harsh? Too serious? A stick up her ass? It was hard to tell, but something felt off. Perhaps it was the depressive aura that Shuten was beginning to ooze from losing her mojo. But whatever it was, Ibiki was keen to fix it.

As Shuten got next to her, Ibiki wriggled her nose, pulled her in sibling in closer and let Shuten relax on her lap as if she were a little kid again. Then, with a gentle noogie of her head, she continued speaking after letting the younger Suika speak her peace.

"You are welcome, little sis~."

Laughing aloud, Ibiki continued.

"But you are too fucking stiff. Hell, I feel it's rubbing off on me, and I feel like a piece of wood or something after being in this depressive place. Ya gotta loosen up, sis. We Suika aren't like this!"

Patting her back happily, Ibiki decided to let some of her amber energy flow over into the house, warming it up and brightening it up with light as she controlled different streaks of light to tear open the blind and bring some damn sunlight into this damp, dark hole of a place.

"And I don't care about any of that junk like captain titles. I'm Ibiki. What I did as a Captain is just a reflection of myself and we gotta learn to live beyond our old roles, y'know?"

After taking a chug of her sake, Ibiki continued.

" Which is why we should plan that trip. Maybe even get the hell out of this house now and shake that sadness off you. Is there anything in particular ya wanna do, sis?"

Code By:
[THEFROST]

darkfunnel
darkfunnel
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:20 pm

Indeed, Shuten probably had been a little stiff, a little... dejected. It was hard not to be giving her problems with all that she had been dealing with. However, everything Ibiki had just done was certainly the way to completely destroy that stiffness. A soft pink blush greeted Shuten's face as she found herself on Ibiki's lap, something she hadn't done since she was much smaller. Despite how embarrassing it was, Shuten had slowly relaxed into her sister's form, leaning against her, the stiffness in her back reducing until she was relaxing in truth; her head resting against Ibiki's shoulder somewhat. She let out a gentle sigh, the amber energy of her sibling washing over her as she closed her eyes and took a very, verryyy long drink of her sake. In some way... Shuten realized just how long it had been since she truly relaxed instead of being so... stiff. It was wonderful, and it made her body tingle at the very thought of what she could do; the Suika letting out a huge breath of relief.

"You're right, sis... I do gotta loosen up, a lot. I've been too tight because of everything. I haven't felt like I've been able to relax in a long time... But that's because I didn't let myself. Sheesh, I really need to come home more often. Shinigami stiffness has gotten into me, huh?"

Shuten couldn't help but chuckle as she settled gratefully on her sister's lap, humming in a relaxed tuneless manner. It sounded nice, but it wasn't an actual tune... just, humming. Eventually, however, she nodded at what her sister said. Titles weren't really much in the end... She was Shuten, not Captain Shuten or Vice Captain Shuten; she was Shuten Suika, the Sake Oni. She let out a tiny sigh, once again, and nodded at what her sister said. She had gotten stuck in a role that was ill fitting, no matter how she felt about it, and she didn't need that to define her; she just needed life to define her. She smiled at her big sister and then tilted her head at her question before smiling warmly.

"I can't think of anywhere in particular... Some Ramen or Udon sounds kinda good right now, dunno why. Surprise me, Sis. Wherever you wanna take me, I know It'll be good. I just need to get out of here... I'm done being stuck and wallowing in the past, it's not worth it. Let's have some fun~"

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum