Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Long Awaited Return [Henrex/Mirai] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1570/100Long Awaited Return [Henrex/Mirai] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Long Awaited Return [Henrex/Mirai] - Page 2 Empty Re: Long Awaited Return [Henrex/Mirai]

Fri May 12, 2023 10:08 pm
Long Awaited Return [Henrex/Mirai] - Page 2 Mirai_PostingCasual
Mirai Takamatsu

Wait, he was right... Mirai was so excited about the job and possibly helping him out more, the other parts of the position never crossed her mind. He calmed her and confirmed he was serious, so those thoughts came. Her lips stretched into a line, a bead of sweat dropped down the side of her face, her cheeks stayed red, and there was a shakiness in her eyes that didn't often come in front of him.

"Oh, okay."

As they walked to his office, Mirai was fiddling with her fingers. Could I really do this? Th-There's n-no wa-Yes! I can. I just have to be more... like him. I can do that, right? I'll just be calm and kind and keep a level head... and talk to people...

Mirai sat down and finally pulled herself from her thoughts. A quick look around and she realized they were in his office. She took in a deep, deep breath, and gave a determined expression. "I am ready to answer whatever you need, Captain."

End Post
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Long Awaited Return [Henrex/Mirai] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Long Awaited Return [Henrex/Mirai] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Long Awaited Return [Henrex/Mirai] - Page 2 Empty Re: Long Awaited Return [Henrex/Mirai]

Fri May 12, 2023 10:55 pm
Long Awaited Return [Henrex/Mirai] - Page 2 D8DTm9n

HENREX ASTILLON | STORMSWORD

He could sense her excitement, something that only made that warm smile tease the edges of his cheeks a bit more. As they sat down in his office, he waited for her to calm down a bit, while also gathering his own thoughts. He cared about her, and he tried his hardest not to show bias toward anyone. So, as they both took their deep breaths, he rested his arms on the desk, leaning in slightly.

"The first thing I want to address is...interaction. I understand that you just got back from a long mission in the Living World, but, I need to stress that you're also my second-in-command. You're in charge of the division when I'm not there, or in matters that don't require my immediate attention."

He sighed softly, his fingers idly fidgeting and tapping against the backs of his hands. He knew that Mirai was rather shy. She wasn't someone who rejected talking with people but she certainly wasn't a social butterfly. To some extent, it was a good thing to have that reservation. But, it was an important factor when considering something this important.

"I know that you're not exactly a social butterfly. It's...a hard thing to change. But, if you do want to become my Vice Captain, I don't want you to just be my...shadow, for lack of a better word. I want to see you interact with the other members, in our division and beyond. It doesn't need to be an overnight change, that's an impossible ask for just about anyone. But, I want to ask, can you do that for me?"

END POST
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Long Awaited Return [Henrex/Mirai] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1570/100Long Awaited Return [Henrex/Mirai] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Fri May 12, 2023 11:11 pm
Mirai Takamatsu

Actively socializing with people was difficult for Mirai. She was the type to sit back and watch, possibly a side effect of her job and training. She could tell so much about someone after a few minutes of observation that she rarely cared for casual conversations. However, she also knew it was a problem, why some called her strange. She could do with some practice in being the initiator. If that was all he was asking of her? She could do that. It was a new type of training.

"I can do that, yes," Mirai nodded with confidence. "There are aa few people I regularly talk to, but I'm not the one who approaches them the majority of the time. I could start my training by inviting them out." Mirai tapped her chin with her index finger, making a list of people she could meet up with. "I may start with Shuten, though my familiarity with her my not allow the advancement I need...Arisawa, maybe? Furukawa? I don't know... Who do you think would be a good practice run?"

End Post
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Long Awaited Return [Henrex/Mirai] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Long Awaited Return [Henrex/Mirai] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Sun May 14, 2023 7:11 pm

He was glad to see her replying with confidence -- but, even though he trusted her, actions still spoke louder than words. Who to suggest as a practice run? Hm...well, Furukawa and Arisawa were good choices when it came to their division, but, in his eyes, it was also important for a Vice Captain to be able to interact with some of the other divisions and their members.

"Furukawa is a good person to go to for practice from our division, as well as Ojo Koga. But, outside of the Stealth Force, there's Saiko Mori in the Seventh Division as well. Those are just examples, however. There are plenty of people in the Gotei to interact with. I have the upmost faith that you'll do well."

However, that alone could not be the deciding factor. In spite of his trust in her, there was still uncertainty about the role. Part of it was an issue with himself more than anything else, but, there was still something else that he wanted to address before that.

"Something else I want to ask is this: what would you do if I was left indisposed as both Captain of the Stealth Force, and teacher at Shin'o Academy. How would you handle the situation? What would your first thought and decision be?"

END POST
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon May 15, 2023 1:57 am
Mirai Takamatsu

Mirai made mental notes of those he mentioned. She knew quite a few people already, but wasn't exactly close to any of them. He, Shuten, and Kaminari were it. Though, Mirai had to wonder why those of the stealth force needed to be friends with people. She could communicate just fine, but developing more than a professional relationship with anyone seemed strange. She was going to ask about it when he came up with another question, likely something that concerned him.

"I don't know," Mirai said quickly, raising an eyebrow at him. "A lieutenant is not a replacement for a Captain, and I wouldn't treat it that way. Knowing you, both positions would need to be covered; you wouldn't abandon your students, so finding a suitable substitute would be a priority for the Academy. As for your position as Captain, in times of calm, I can deal with the paper work just fine. In times of strife..." Mirai stopped to think. Images went through her mind and her eyes widened, as if she were living through something she thought horrifying.

Mirai closed her eyes, shutting off the momentary distractions behind her eyes, and then looked back to him. "It's smarter to make those plans before they happen, not expect someone to automatically understand the protocol without any manual or training. That would be like asking someone to take a high profile target without understanding the basics of stealth or anatomy. Train me first, and it will be done."

End Post
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon May 15, 2023 7:29 pm

A Lieutenant was no true replacement, that much was true. However, the role of Lieutenant was also to act as his second-in-command, to be there when he could not. Were something to happen to him -- he knew that he needed to be sure that those he trusted in these positions could run the division without him.

"While I don't expect you to understand protocol immediately, I did genuinely want to see what your decisions would be. A Lieutenant may not be any true replacement for a Captain, especially not me, but, remember that if anything happens to me, you would be the first person that people will go to."

Despite the weight his words had, there was no judgment or malice in his voice, only genuine concern. He knew that he would likely need to train someone for the position, but he wanted the person who was selected to understand the responsibilities they'd be taking on. Perhaps he was taking it too seriously, or maybe he was putting too much expectation on the prospect of it.

"I don't have a problem training you, I just...want to be sure that whoever becomes my Lieutenant understands not just what the position demands, but what I want from them. I want it to be someone I can trust this division to."

He sighed, rubbing his temples as he mumbled to himself.

"I think I am taking this too seriously..."

END POST

Last edited by Henrex on Tue May 16, 2023 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon May 15, 2023 8:59 pm
Mirai Takamatsu

A single line snatched Mirai's attention. "...especially not me..." If only he knew how irreplaceable he was, but that moment of confidence expressed in those three short words brought a sense of satisfaction to Mirai. Her smile grew, a look of joy in her eyes, but also this unintentional sense of allure came with her gaze. She heard the rest, but maybe not the heaviness of them, but she still understood what his intentions were. Mirai's shoulders raised as she breathed in...

"Trust me, I understand," Mirai said, sighing it all out. "If I am chosen, you won't have to worry about that. The last thing I want to do is worry you."

And then another line diminished everything else. "W-Wait, what?" Mirai raised an eyebrow, "A-Are you planning on retiring or something? I-I didn't hear about this. Am I the last to know? You can't retire! There is no way that can happen. You're still young, a-and the Gotei definitely needs you. Why would you leave?" Now this was the Mirai that he was used to seeing, the anxious over-thinker with good intentions.

Mirait stood, flailing her arms with a panicked energy. She hurried up to his face and stared him directly in the eyes, maybe an inch from his face. "If you dare surprise retire on me, I promise I will shave you bald." Mirai stood straight and crossed her arms. "Of course you're over thinking it. You worry, always have, but I've learned that as long as this...." she pointed at his chest, right over his heart, "... stays in a good place, we'll all be fine. Besides, you know I've got your back."

End Post
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed May 17, 2023 11:04 pm

That was the Mirai he knew, and as she got up in his face, he gently cupped the sides of her face, moving her a bit further away from him, before smiling and chuckling softly. Only she would jump the gun like that and panic from it.

"Now, now, don't go jumping the gun. Calm down, I'm not retiring anytime soon."

As she pointed to his chest, trying to reassure him that as long as his heart was in the right place, they'd be fine. But, part of him doubted it. He had changed over the the last hundred or so years he'd known Mirai. She had seen how much he had changed firsthand -- and he knew she would be the first to make him aware, should his heart waver.

Perhaps he was just overthinking it again. The kind, gentle smile quickly replaced the brief look of concern and worry, and he breathed a quiet sigh of relief, letting his hands go back to his sides.

"Besides, I probably would only retire once I find someone to settle down with, maybe have a family, and have someone I can leave the division to in my stead."

END POST
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu May 18, 2023 12:56 am
Mirai Takamatsu

Cupping the sides of her face led to Mirai puffing out her cheeks and going silent. She backed away, returning his personal space to him, and then plopped to the floor in relief. He wasn't retiring! Oh thank whatever gods may exist in this crazy world! "Right, good..." she said softly, looking sheepishly to the side, "I knew that."

All of the pointing at his heart stuff now just happened from the floor. And damn right she'd be the first to let him know his path was faltering. Just because one may need help staying on the good path, did not mean he was a bad person. Everyone had their morals shake every now and then. If they didn't, well, they're inhuman.

"Whaat? Why is he bringing that up now?" Mirai thought. She tilted her head, staring at him, wondering where his mind was going with those comments. It also kind of made her heart race as she wished he'd choose her. So, speaking right now was dangerous. She'd end up stuttering, blushing more, then stuttering more. That was why he likely noticed she always went silent when he brought "settling down" up.

End Post
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat May 20, 2023 2:07 pm

Thankfully, in spite of her jumping the gun and freaking out, she was also quick to calm down once he had explained himself. He leaned back in his seat slightly as she backed away, chuckling softly. However, as she started to stutter and blush, he idly put a hand to his mouth, lowering it as he awkwardly looked to the side.

"Um...sorry, too much information?"

Then, the conversation he had with Kaminari came to mind. He remembered what she had said, that refraining from talking to her about was selfish, and taking away her choice in the matter. His expression shifted as he stared off into space for a few moments. Perhaps now wasn't the best time to talk about it, but, while they were both here, without any prying eyes or ears...

"One last thing. This...isn't related to the Lieutenant's seat."

He trailed off, lightly fidgeting in place. Why did this feel so much more difficult than it was in thought? Was he still that worried about ruining their friendship with this?

"I...met with Kaminari, not too long ago. We spoke for a bit, and she wanted me to talk to you about this. She..."

He sighed, bringing a hand to his face. This was stupid, a Captain of the Gotei, a man who had seen more in his comparatively short life than most would see in their entire lifetime, and yet, here he was, at a loss for words, like an idiot.

"I wanted to know...how you felt about me."

That sounded so much better in his head.

END POST
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum