Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Visitation Rites [Tsubine/J] Left_bar_bleue7380/100Visitation Rites [Tsubine/J] Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

Visitation Rites [Tsubine/J] Empty Visitation Rites [Tsubine/J]

Mon May 22, 2023 2:00 pm

"What do you mean he exploded?" Tsubine's eyebrow was cocked high. J? Injured enough to be in a hospital? Sounds like a fake excuse to get out of seeing him.

"Sir, I did not say he... 'exploded,' merely that Lord Saionji was injured while performing his duties as a Shinigami of the Gotei United." The manservant was polite and used to Tsubine's antics.

"But it's J. The only way he's getting injured is from something he can't stare down in prostrating itself." Tsubine waved a hand to cut the conversation off there. "Either way, tell me where he is. We have a lot to discuss." Tsubine leaned slightly to try to see past the manservant.

"Lord Saionji is not here, nor is Lady Saionji or Miss Mayumi." The manservant was good. He knew the other people he'd be trying to see. "If you must know, then he is at the central recovery wing within the Gotei United's hospital complex to undergo evaluation to be transferred to the Shin'ō-seiyakuin."

That settled that. Tsubine knew he could probably get in to see J where he currently was. No way he was getting let in to the fancy, posh, nobles-only-no-girls-allowed hospital. He placed a hand on the manservant's shoulder. "Thanks, Jeeves."

"Sir, for the sixth time, my name is—" But it was too late. Tsubine was gone.

Tsubine had to once again sign in and get one of those special visitor passes. He had two now. One for the Seireitei and one for the hospital. The idea of joining the Gotei just to not have to get those passes briefly crossed his mind... but quickly left his mind as he remembered just how much he'd hate the idea. Tsubine entered only one wrong room as he made his way to see the recovering patient. He didn't knock and just leaned against the doorframe as he entered. "Hey, J. Jeeves told me you got shot." That characteristic lackadaisical smile was spread across his face. "You're not looking too bad. When are you getting out?"

Tsubine's Character List
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Visitation Rites [Tsubine/J] Left_bar_bleue1570/100Visitation Rites [Tsubine/J] Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Visitation Rites [Tsubine/J] Empty Re: Visitation Rites [Tsubine/J]

Mon May 22, 2023 10:06 pm
Visitation Rites [Tsubine/J] J_PostingHeader1
Enter: J. Saionji

J took recovery as seriously as he took his training. Others were not as serious. First, his sister had visited him, though that was expected. They talked for a while and then she left. Later, Mayumi was brought in and bragged about her hand-to-hand training with some of his guards. It was surprising to J how much he grew to love that child. And when his "niece" left, he thought he'd have some time to rest. There should not have been any visitors, but when a certain voice walked through a certain door, J took a deep breath before opening his eyes to greet Tsubine.

"The Arrancar I faced was particularly good with cero, so the description is accurate." J said, choosing not to sit up at this time. "I was well taken care of... and tomorrow." Tsubine knew J well enough to understand that he should probably be here a few more days, but had no intention of listening to the doctors. J watched Tsubine for a second before raising an eyebrow at him. "Why are you visiting me?"

End Post
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Visitation Rites [Tsubine/J] Left_bar_bleue7380/100Visitation Rites [Tsubine/J] Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

Tue May 23, 2023 3:57 am

"Huh... so I was right about the explosion..." Tsubine muttered to himself before fully entering and shutting the door behind him. He moved a chair to be a bit closer to the only "brother" he'd never force a sakazuki oath upon. As he sat, J asked the obvious question. "Obviously to make sure I was still in your will. I gotta make sure I get something out of being your friend for so long."

Tsubine would have slapped J's knee, but he wasn't quite sure where all J was injured. Hell, did he even still have that knee? A quick glance said at least someone's leg and knee was underneath the blanket. "You actually good though, J?" There was a quick shift in his tone. "I can't have you croaking yet. We've still got a lot of unfinished business." Mostly, he was talking in the sense of their current dueling wins tally being an even tie. But there were other things too. Mostly... "Has Mayumi visited you?"

Tsubine's Character List
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Visitation Rites [Tsubine/J] Left_bar_bleue1570/100Visitation Rites [Tsubine/J] Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Tue May 23, 2023 4:10 am

There was a quick exhale through J's nose, the closest thing most had ever seen him to laughter. "As if I'd put you in my will," J said, his voice as stern as ever, though the choice of words lent toward an actual joke. Tsubine was one of his closest friends. If he ever were to make a will, Tsubine would be included.

"I'm well," J said and then waited for the inevitable. Tsubine might as well ask, and soon, he did. J watched his friend, gauging his reaction to asking that question. There was an interesting situation going on between the two of them right now. Well, interesting might not have been the best word. J was currently raising Tsubine's daughter. There wasn't much more tense or awkward than that.

"Yes, she has," J said. It was a good thing wasn't a major talker. Short responses prevented him from spouting that Mayumi had been here every day since he got stuck in this place. He could guess how much it tugged at Tsubine's heart to have such a tense situation between him and his own daughter. "Were you wanting to see her?" J said, quickly adding, "I would need to talk with her first."

End Post
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue May 23, 2023 4:23 am

J's question was more tricky than it seemed. He could answer "yes, but..." and it'd sound like he didn't. He could say "no, not yet" and he'd be a terrible father. Oh, who was he kidding.

Tsubine was a terrible father.

Mayumi was his one-and-only child—the apple of his eye, the cream of his crop, and the person he disappointed the most. After Kanna's death, he had fallen into a deep spiral. J and Isamu were the only ones to get him out of it, and part of that was J taking care of Mayumi when Tsubine could barely take care of himself. And so, just like the responsibility of being a father for the past six years, Tsubine avoided the question.

"Things are actually starting to look up." He leaned forward, staring at his clasped hands. "We finished the finishing touches on the manor. It's actually safe to live in now. Six years ago... I'm surprised you and Isamu let me live there." He shook his head. "How she's doing? She still... hating me?"

Tsubine's Character List
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue May 23, 2023 5:00 am

J knew exactly what he was doing, and he let him. Maybe that was the problem? J should have been more strict with Tsubine back then, or at least more strict now. Mayumi was Tsubine's child, not J's. No matter, J would never turn the girl away and until she was ready to return home, Tsubine was probably going to have to deal with the separation, even if he clearly didn't want to. At least something was coming together over there; there was no way Mayumi would be allowed over if that house was still disintegrating. Mayumi's safety was among J's top concerns.

"I doubt it's hate. She's young, and you're not there," J said bluntly, with a drip of accusation. "When you reemerge, you'll owe her six patient years. You'll have to deal with anger, yelling, a few things thrown at your head, but she'll come around, and it still won't take as long as you did." Harsh, but true. That kind of bluntness was a result of caring for the child and being disappointed in his friend. J sighed and closed his eyes. He figured his next sentence was going to get some backlash. "She's learning hand-to-hand... I haven't let her pick up a real weapon..."

End Post
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue May 23, 2023 2:25 pm

Then what the hell is it if not hate? Tsubine's stare returned back to his hands. He couldn't even look J in the eyes. The more J said, the more Tsubine felt his choice to let someone else raise Mayumi for a short span was a mistake. And yet, although it may not have been the best choice he always felt it was the right choice. He was both anxiously awaiting and deeply dreading the day she came back to live with him. It wasn't going to be pretty, but he hoped it would eventually get better.

J lightened the mood and Tsubine raised an eyebrow at his friend. "So you're expecting her to be violent towards me, so you start teaching her how to fight? Gee, thanks." He chuckled. J was meaning it as a joke or a threat. That was one of those things that made J such a good choice for this. He was serious all the time—and that made his funny moments stick out. Tsubine finally was looking at J when he asked about Mayumi again. "Is she any good? I know she didn't inherit any talent in that from me. Kanna was..." He hesitated. It always struck him when he spoke of her in the past tense. "She was a lot better than I ever was. Does she... ever ask about Kanna?"

Tsubine's Character List
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri May 26, 2023 12:51 am

"She deserves a chance at victory," J said. His seriousness always let his humor come out in dry and dull ways, but there was a sense of humor behind that stoic stare and monotone. He took a deep breath and casually watched Tsubine sit there and stare off. He felt bad for his friend, but there was some deserving in this. If Kanna knew what Tsubine did to their child, she'd likely slam a heel into his groin to prevent future issues. Though J didn't think it should last too long, Tsubine's guilt was a deserved punishment. It was Mayumi's choice from now on.

"No, not yet. She only just began her training," J explained. "She has a long way to go." When that next question came up, about Mayumi's mother, J stayed silent. It was hard to tell whether he was thinking or pausing for dramatic effect. It wasn't a simple question, so hesitation was notable. He exhaled through his nose and rubbed his forehead. "No," J said. "She tried, but I think she's scared too."

End Post
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri May 26, 2023 1:46 pm

Scared. That was, honestly, what he felt too. Ever since Kanna's death, he had been terrified—terrified of being a good parent to Mayumi. He couldn't do it all by himself. ...right? He continued to be unfocused. "I understand that... It still hurts me to even think about her. Yesterday, I was about to eat breakfast. I remembered this one time where Kanna and I were out and dinner and a fight broke out. It was a scene out of a play—one guy gets slammed into our table. He got covered with food... and when I was thinking of that time, I instinctively turned to ask Kanna a question—'was it my bowl or yours that landed on him?' And... she wasn't there to answer that. I catch myself doing it less and less, but it still happens..."

"So I get her being scared." Tsubine smiled and chuckled to himself. He looked up. "I'm just going to assume that you don't think she's ready to move back in. Hell, I don't think I'm ready for her to move back in... but do you think she's ready to see me more than... once a month or so?" Tsubine hadn't been fully absent. He'd seen her on her birthdays and on most of the important holidays. And on the days he couldn't make it, he sent her gifts and apology cards. He wasn't a good father, but he was trying his best to not be a bad one.

Tsubine's Character List
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat May 27, 2023 8:49 am

Tsubine's jumping around subjects made one thing clear: he was still not well. It was clear he was doing better, but the man couldn't clearly answer a question and kept going on about anything but his daughter. It was a sad sight, and J could only hope his friend would get better sooner rather than later. Otherwise, he may never get a chance to be a father to his little girl again. She was growing fast... But hearing Tsubine talk about whether or not he was ready was frustrating.

It wasn't about him...

"Are you ready to see her more?" J said and forced himself to sit up. He winced a little, but was fine. Slouching over, he stared at Tsubine, eyes hard. "If you invite her back, and you are not ready... and things go bad, like you reject her or make her feel, in anyway, unwanted or unloved... She'll never return again." There were two meanings to that last sentence. Mostly, the first being that Mayumi will never want to return to her real father again, but the second was a threat. The second, lighter meaning was J wouldn't allow him to see her again. Mayumi didn't deserve that.

End Post
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum