Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Steiner Franz
Steiner Franz
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Welcome to the Club! (Daniel/Nero) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue40300/10000Welcome to the Club! (Daniel/Nero) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (40300/10000)
Tiers:

Welcome to the Club! (Daniel/Nero) - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome to the Club! (Daniel/Nero)

Wed May 15, 2024 8:17 am
Welcome to the Club! (Daniel/Nero) - Page 2 Daniel_Steiner
Enter: Daniel

"I don't doubt your proficiency. I don't want to get in the way of the great things that you are surely to do by having you do my share of the paperwork. Besides, I need to learn more about administration as well if I'm gonna live up to being the next head of my house and paperwork is a big part of that!"

Daniel sighed at the end of his statement, not necessarily feeling too keen to take on the burden his father was throwing his way, but none the less feeling obligated to do so. Family was important, even if that family tended to try to force you to do things you don't want to do. He looked over to Nero, giving him a smile to try, and play off his sigh earlier.

"I mean you aren't just going to experiment on people by giving them untested drugs right? Doctors and nurses are indeed the people who administer new treatments and new drugs, but not before those new drugs and treatments are invented. That's where medical researchers come in to play and that is what I intend to be. I want to make sure our people are properly treated to only the finest of treatments and drugs with as little adverse side effects as possible. Can't have anyone dying in the field or worse dying in front of our eyes because of archaic methods and bad drugs."

Daniel stated facts like he was an expert in his field, when clearly he was a novice who had been reading books on these subjects for most of his life, and only now was looking to put them into practice. Still, it was a question if he was in the right division for that, but that could wait till he actually met his boss, and told her what he wanted to do with his time in her group. Hopefully she would approve of his enthusiasm because otherwise he would have to look for a new place to call home. He paused his line of thinking as Nero asked him a hard hitting question. The pause was long as Daniel thought of a proper way to answer him, taking a sip of his water, and turning once again to face his comrade he began to speak.

"Until recently, I didn't really want to do any of this, Nero. I'm not particularly good at anything, at least that is the way it always seemed when I lived at home with my family, but I met a girl a while back that kind of made me question myself. I've been given a lot of money and given a ton of responsibility that I didn't think I deserved because of my non-committal nature to following in my family's footsteps, but all of that seemed so small in comparison to the issues she is facing."

He stopped speaking for a second, his face changing for the earlier goofy smile into a more serious glare forward. If Nero had known Daniel's father, he would swear they looked the same. It was a look of determination that was hard to miss.

" So I decided to commit to something for once in my life...to take the responsibilities being handed to me and begrudgingly try to match expectation. Not for my family as they only see me as the next man up to fill the shoes my brother discarded when he died in service, but for the people who are treated as dollar signs instead of people who need to be treated for their ailments. There is a lot of bad practices that have infected the medical world and I intend to be a cure not another symptom. So to answer your question...I think I am very passionate about medical research, at least more than I was when I was being forced to study this stuff as opposed to learning it of my own volition."

He returned to his smile, before giving him a questioning glance with an eyebrow raise.

"What about you Nero? Doing this for family or pleasure."

End Post

Welcome to the Club! (Daniel/Nero) - Page 2 OlBPPj4
Welcome to the Club! (Daniel/Nero) - Page 2 VewULRr
Welcome to the Club! (Daniel/Nero) - Page 2 AQodtc6
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Welcome to the Club! (Daniel/Nero) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Welcome to the Club! (Daniel/Nero) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Welcome to the Club! (Daniel/Nero) - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome to the Club! (Daniel/Nero)

Thu May 16, 2024 9:07 am
Welcome to the Club! (Daniel/Nero) - Page 2 DYjcDjC

NERO ARANT | CHILD OF THE FORGOTTEN LEGACY

"Is that so? To that, I can offer nothing but my utmost respect and genuine support. A hard-working man is a successful man. A man of lesser might've taken me up on that offer without a moment's hesitation. An admirable spirit, to be sure."

From there, Nero remained relatively silent, lending a dedicated ear to his explanation. From the precise explanation to the genuine determination in his voice, Nero smiled warmly as he gained a greater understanding of Daniel's intention with each word. To his understanding, Daniel did not merely wish to do this for the sake of his family's lineage.

On the contrary, he wanted to use his resources to help others in need. That was an admirable trait. If there was any low opinion of him at the outset, it had certainly vanished now. This was a peer he could imagine himself working alongside without ever questioning his mettle or his intention. When he finished, directing his once fierce gaze at him, Nero blinked softly for a moment. Pondering his question. His was duty to family. That went without saying.

There was no pleasure in the equation. To him, a mere orphan from Rome, he owed it to the Arant to fulfill his ambitions, to secure some form of glory and make them proud. They were a forgotten people to some degree, and though there was still some note to their name, he wanted to make an impact that they could be proud of. That his mother could be proud. He once strived to do so for his grandfather, but the simple truth was - he felt he never would. Alas, he needed to answer Daniel's question. It would be impolite to leave him hanging.

"Family. Truth be told, I'm actually an orphan adopted by family. Ever since the Arant welcomed me in, It has been my sincere aim to make them proud, to show that we are more than a family lost to history, that our techniques, and our ideologies still ring as bright and fierce now as they did in the past."

END POST | THE PRODIGAL SON
Steiner Franz
Steiner Franz
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Welcome to the Club! (Daniel/Nero) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue40300/10000Welcome to the Club! (Daniel/Nero) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (40300/10000)
Tiers:

Fri May 17, 2024 5:48 pm

"You don't need to be so formal and if we were being formal, shouldn't it be me showing a more veteran member of the Vandenreich more formality? But I do appreciate the praise."

He said as patted him on the shoulder and then began to eat some more as he waited for Nero to answer his question. He didn't have to wait very long. Having been through his fair share of wanting to meet his family's expectations, on some level he understood what Nero meant by what he said, and then again he didn't share a lot of the same thoughts on bringing honor to his family name. In his mind his family had been nothing, but a lead anchor that had been wrapped around his feet ever since he became the next one in line for the head of his family. Yet he understood the desire to make the Arant more well known and show the world their splendor, so in a way he could easily see where his head was at. He had, after all, been someone hoisted into a similar situation himself.

Even if he had his own thoughts of his family, there was honor in what Nero was doing, and he respected that probably more than most people would. He didn't doubt that Nero could do it, he did seem like he had a good head on shoulders, maybe a bit too uptight, and formal, but he was a good cookie. He knew he could rely on him to help him out if things got tough and that was more than enough for him.

"I respect that, but also don't forget you aren't just an Arant, you are Nero too. Don't just become another Arant, stand on your own two feet, and be recognized for your own accomplishments while holding up that Arant banner with pride."

He said with a smile, trying to tell him to be an individual first, and an Arant second.

End Post

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Welcome to the Club! (Daniel/Nero) - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Welcome to the Club! (Daniel/Nero) - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Sun May 26, 2024 1:48 am

"My own two feet?"

Truly, such a thought had never crossed his mind before. Upholding the Arant's name and reputation was something akin to an obsession for him. His one purpose in life. As far as he had been concerned, there was no reputable identity to speak of concerning Nero, the orphan from Rome. He was merely a child who had lucked into a generous pair of parents who wished to adopt him - from his point of view - on a whim. Reflecting on it deeply, he recognized that those thoughts were far too harsh, far too defeatest in nature, but he simply couldn't help it.

In truth, his confidence in himself was severely lacking compared to those of his peers. Even so, that didn't mean Daniel's words ought to fall on deaf ears. He wondered what a future would look like where he could stand on his own two feet and look beyond his family's name. For a moment, a warm smile played across his face as he gently nodded his head, nudging an upright fist against the man's shoulders. Who did he think he was? He was the veteran here. He was supposed to be the one sharing cool advice on life.

"I must admit that the thought never crossed my mind, truth be told, but I suppose there's a lesson to take from those words. Without trying to sound overwhelmingly formal, I sincerely hope that you can take hold of your destiny and make significant strides in medicine and healing here. Who knows? With enough experience, I might have to call you Doctor Cross."

Steiner Franz
Steiner Franz
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun May 26, 2024 5:22 pm

He couldn't help, but laugh. Only a few moments ago did he ask Nero not to be formal and now he was right back at it again! Though Daniel supposed he could get used to being called "Dr. Cross". His dad would probably like that as well, but he wasn't doing it for them and the idea that he would view it as such kind of tarnished it a bit. Still he had chosen to pursue this path and pursue it he would. He had the right reasons for doing this and he would not be deterred by the thought that his father would merely think of this as making a better future head of his house. He patted Nero on the back.

"Can't forget about yourself, 'Professor Arant'. I'm sure you are going to develop something really insane, something that will put your name in the history books as much as your family's name."

Daniel rubbed his chin and then snapped his fingers before reaching in his backpack for something. In truth he had packed the bare necessities and had planned on going shopping later to grab the rest of the things he had needed which were superficial. You know, snacks and the like. He spent a few seconds looking through the bag until his hand touched something metallic and his face broke into a grin.

"You like technology right? Maybe this will spark your imagination and get the creative juices pumping. After all any help along the way to getting yourself and your family recognized faster will be a huge windfall, right?"

He pulled out his gauntlet, a machine made to go over his hand that could help him increase the range of his spells by launching silver cylinders at a high velocity.

"You can borrow it if you want, though I'm gonna need it back. Its technically one of a kind, you see?"

He said with a hint of pride showing.

End Post

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun May 26, 2024 8:38 pm

"I certainly appreciate your faith in me. To do that, I'll have to study and spend as much time under Ehefera and my peer's wings as possible."

Nero could not argue with that optimistic point of view. If anything, the conversation had proved fruitful enough to reinvigorate his spirit, cleansing his soul of any doubt about the future. There would be obstacles, no doubt, but no dream was ever achieved without adversity, after all.

If he could take Daniel's words to heart, and think of himself, even for a moment, then perhaps that difficulty would seem negligible moving forward. With those thoughts in mind, he cast his curious gaze toward Daniel rummaging through his bag, magenta eyes blinking softly the moment he revealed the contraption within his bag.

Inching a little closer, Nero poked at the gauntlet as he quietly analyzed and observed it. The well-designed piece caught his attention, and he was overwhelmingly intrigued by how it was built and its performance. Of course, he didn't feel right borrowing without some form of supervision. Perhaps he would give him a few pointers on how it worked.

"I would be honored, but I'd feel far more comfortable if you could show me how to use it first or even put on a display of sorts after we're done eating here. My schedule is fairly open today. If you're not busy, do you wanna hang out, engage in a spar, and show me how it works? I want to ensure that I can study it correctly and avoid breaking something, you know?"

Steiner Franz
Steiner Franz
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue May 28, 2024 1:32 pm

"A spar? Well I suppose showing you the actual combat applications would be greatly useful to you from a design standpoint."

Daniel said, looking up toward the roof of the barracks, and thinking about if he was really the guy to show off what his gauntlet could do. After all, he could feel the power difference between the two of them, and he didn't know if its' full potential could be drawn out with him using it. Maybe he should hire someone who was more capable? He looked over at Nero, who was deeply analyzing the gauntlet, and shook his head.

"Sure, we can make some time for a spar, I don't know if in terms of strength it will be much of an even fight, but I can assure you I will do my very best to show you its' abilities."

He needed to stop doubting himself, something that had been instilled in him from his very own family was very strong to shake off, but he needed to stop it none the less. He picked up the gauntlet, stashing it back into his bag, and gave Nero a nod.

"Hopefully the two of us will make ourselves stand out from the pack and can work together to make that dream a reality."

He said as he stood up from the table, putting his bag back on his back, and giving Nero one more pat on the back. A few soldiers walked by, heading off to somewhere unknown, but seemingly in a rush which caused Daniel to raise an eyebrow. That was until a soldier walked up to Daniel.

"You're Daniel Cross, right? If so, we have orders to come get you."

Daniel looked at Nero and gave him a confident smile, even if there was a bit of confusion as to why he was being singled out. He wasn't in any trouble was he?

"Yeah, anything wrong?"

He asked as the soldier began to walk away as Daniel gave Nero a frantic wave and walked off to follow the soldier. If Nero listened closely he might have been able to hear from the soldier leading Daniel away from the barrack he might have heard:

"What do you know about Jefferson City..."

As the door to the barracks closed and Daniel disappeared.

End Post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum