Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
JJ
JJ
Rower of Rock. And Souls.

Member Info
Platinum Points:
What Would You Like To See On The Site? [Site Wide Discussion]  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue20650/20000What Would You Like To See On The Site? [Site Wide Discussion]  - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (20650/20000)
Tiers:

What Would You Like To See On The Site? [Site Wide Discussion]  - Page 2 Empty Re: What Would You Like To See On The Site? [Site Wide Discussion]

Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:57 pm
-gets a chair- -sits down in it-

Mmk.

Market places... I'm sorry, but other than Agiro, they wouldn't get used much. We already have TONS. TONS. Of shops on the site. And they aren't used that much. I think new boards could be better used in making a cool place like...

* A floating island in the middle of nowhere
* A lake inside of a volcano
* An abandoned military base full of guns and all kinds of other sentries and cool stuff
* A special airspace that has planes floating around in it that can be jumped between due to screwed up gravity

Maybe make a "Cool places to battle/meet" board? I think it'd be quite interesting and add the new angle we're looking for OwO Without having to go into ALL THE F#$#ING COMPLICATION of new dimensions.

My next thing... would probably adding another + to 0-2+'s. Basically, this plus would be like the ultimate danger warning sign. People like Shadin, Ashlei, Mana, Genpaku, Radio, etc. would have this to point out that these are characters you should NOT f#@$ with unless you are extremely powerful. Because let's face it. There are MASSIVE differences in power levels among the 0-2+'s. And yet, we determine them by the same denotation because they aren't 0-1. So we should have a level in between so that people can differentiate between the two; according to our system, Shadin, Nagato, Koichi, and Radio should all have roughly the same amount of base tier power according to our current system. I'm just saying that I think this is necessary to be paid attention to; it wouldn't take a whole lot of work, but it would make apparent who you definitely do NOT want to f#@$ with.

Mini Event: The Plague of Madness:

This was a nifty mini event idea that was going around in my brain. Effectively, there would be a city that had all of its citizens go mad and begin killing one another. The place was extremely, extremely scary; and whenever a character gets scared inside of it, they begin to go a little bit mad. In addition, whenever the blood of someone who has gone mad enters the system of someone who has not, it would begin turning them mad as well. The source of the madness is at the center of the city, in a large bag made of solid, pulsing flesh, and the goal would be to reach the center of city before being infected by madness, in which case you are trapped there. The madness goes through everything connected to the body and soul, so everything about the person finds it normal and goes along with it, including zanpaktou and guardian beasts and things like that.

However, this is the interesting part. Even if you go and are infected, if someone manages to destroy the bag, EVERYONE who went mad gains a boost in their energy as the madness is absorbed into their body. There is some kind of "Madness Suppression System" around the area that would try to keep out extremely high tiers; basically, anyone who had too much energy would be focused on by the madness, and unless they had very, very high willpower and determination to resist it would cause them to forget what they were trying to do there and go back home.

This mini plot would be interesting because it would allow people to play their characters from a new angle, see their true fears and how they react to them, as well as encourage fights that would never be able to happen. It'd be interesting as well as fun, in my opinion, and multiple people could be making charges there at a time, or be infected by the madness and enter fights as they please. Note that the madness just would make your character act in a way that they could no longer feel fear; causing their personality to be something different than normal and as long as you keep to that personality, you would be able to still RP as them with all their abilities.

Those are my three main things that I think should be on the site. Have fun with them.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
- Buddha
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
What Would You Like To See On The Site? [Site Wide Discussion]  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1570/100What Would You Like To See On The Site? [Site Wide Discussion]  - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

What Would You Like To See On The Site? [Site Wide Discussion]  - Page 2 Empty Re: What Would You Like To See On The Site? [Site Wide Discussion]

Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:12 pm
Whether it's looked over or not! I'm gonna put my opinion here...

First: I think that the amount of Canon Characters a person is allowed to have should be dropped to 2. (not that big of a deal) Looking down the list, I see people's names repeated over a few that other people would want. This wouldn't be that bad IF these Canon Characters were actually constantly being RP'd by their owners, but I highly doubt they are.

I do believe that those who own Canon Characters should have some sort of Activity Check with each character they own. This IS a Bleach RP site, so the fact that the Canon Characters aren't as active as so many others, in my opinion, is slightly insulting to Bleach. Canon Characters such as Ichigo Kurosaki, Rukia Kuchiki, Byakuya Kuchiki, Soi Fon, Yoruichi... etc. should be appearing A LOT more than what they are.

Second: Although in a lot of cases it is common sense, but I believe that there should be some sort of mini-guide for staff to be able to look at when it comes to checking certain apps. If there is one and I just haven't seen it, then link me! But I do believe there should be some type of guide to help, especially those like me who are new at it.

Third: If someone has checked an app and has done something wrong, or an admin comes in and overrides their judgement, I think that the admin should talk to the person who originally graded the app FIRST! Doing this will allow the person who checked the app to know what they did wrong to learn from future mistakes, and in a lot of cases would cause less tension between staff and the member that had their app suddenly changed.

Fourth: I believe Captains and anyone else in leadership positions should have some sort of say when someone is accepted as the position right under them (Lieutenant). OBVIOUSLY this would be too much of a pain to do for every single position, but I think it should be done for AT LEAST the rank right under them. Certain people on this site just don't get along, and others do NOT like making it a public issue, so they do their best to keep quiet about it, but if that person you don't like or can't get along with is just accepted right under you in rank, then obviously there is gonna be a problem.

That's all I remember for now! I'll post here again if I remember more.
Anonymous

Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:09 pm
I am in total agreement with Serenity on it, I think she's right down to the last issue. Hopefully others agree with me on this, she's vocalized everything I was pretty much willing to put up.
Snopy
Snopy
The Site Hideyoshi

Member Info
Platinum Points:
What Would You Like To See On The Site? [Site Wide Discussion]  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue50/100What Would You Like To See On The Site? [Site Wide Discussion]  - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (50/100)
Tiers:

Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:16 am
Erm, I had a previous post up that I took down due to...reasons. But I will post my thoughts on one thing Serenity said. The Canon.

Whether the limit is lowered I have no opinion. But, having an activity check for Canon's might be a little much. Lets face it, people need a muse to post. Unlike Serenity (whom has something I dub infinite muse) most people need the right mindset and motivation to post as certain characters. Being forces to shove out posts for a specific character might cause some people to not bother, as if you don't got muse you don't got muse. Then characters would be lost. This would leave an extremely small percentage of Canons in use (I think) and cause even LESS canon character RP. The person already posted a sample to show they should be able to RP as them. To top it off, this IS a CUSTOM/Canon RP, and Canon's aren't the main character focus anyway.

The other ideas Serenity had in my opinion are fine (she ended up convincing me on the last note). But the idea for Canon's doesn't seem like it would be too effective. I know that I was thinking I might have a canon, but if I HAD to shove out posts (no matter how bad due to lack of muse) I would forget the whole idea and say fuck canon. Of course I don't mean I wouldn't use the canon, I'm just saying I'd rather make good posts when the muse is up rather than shit ones so the character is active.

What Would You Like To See On The Site? [Site Wide Discussion]  - Page 2 4589ed0fea3fa8df3a068ac54fb96e371303455581_full
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
What Would You Like To See On The Site? [Site Wide Discussion]  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1570/100What Would You Like To See On The Site? [Site Wide Discussion]  - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:32 am
Okay now... I seriously understand what you mean. It might be a bit MUCH =_= I guess.... to force people to RP as a Canon if they REALLY don't have the muse for them... But I REALLY DO NOT THINK it is that hard to post 1 or 2 posts per Canon a month... That doesn't seem like much to me... but of course I'm me. xD -Infinite muse...-

Although, there is still that question whether people actually don't have a muse for a certain character or they're being lazy and just refusing to post. In which, cases such as that, make it unfair to those who would actually want that character. People probably use that 'excuse' of having 'no muse' for a character to keep them from having to post when they're just wanting to sit back and do nothing. (Which I hope is not the case because that's just mean.)
Tsubine
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

Member Info
Platinum Points:
What Would You Like To See On The Site? [Site Wide Discussion]  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue7380/100What Would You Like To See On The Site? [Site Wide Discussion]  - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (7380/100)
Tiers:

Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:10 pm
Well, you also have to think about those (like myself) who have too many threads at the moment. Saying you HAVE to have a thread with your canon is almost a turn-off to have canons. You also have to take characters into question too. I have Byakuya as my only canon. He's not a social butterfly and would keep things to be kept short. I'd rather not have a thread with two or three posts from me just because Byakuya isn't social.

Tsubine's Character List
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
What Would You Like To See On The Site? [Site Wide Discussion]  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0What Would You Like To See On The Site? [Site Wide Discussion]  - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:08 pm
I agree, i don't agree with the canon's being limited to 2,either. As they're are quite a few i like. Otherwising that, i don't have any changes i think that need to happen too much. At least nothing too drastic.
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:52 pm
Tsu!!!!

Well, you also have to think about those (like myself) who have too many threads at the moment. Saying you HAVE to have a thread with your canon is almost a turn-off to have canons. You also have to take characters into question too. I have Byakuya as my only canon. He's not a social butterfly and would keep things to be kept short. I'd rather not have a thread with two or three posts from me just because Byakuya isn't social.

I do understand where you're coming from. Sometimes people are just really busy with their own threads, and that is not including the stuff others have to go through in real life as well. Although I do get it, I still think that there should be a few more limitations on Canon Characters. For characters such that are not social, there are other things that can be done. Byakuya Kuchiki is one of the characters that has been known to actually do sparring sessions with his Lieutenant just to show his power and the increase in power of his subordinates. (Example being the beginning of the Zan Rebel Arc when he sparred with Renji in front of everyone. ) A small spar like that is really not that hard in my opinion.

Shirou!!!!

I agree, i don't agree with the canon's being limited to 2,either. As they're are quite a few i like. Otherwising that, i don't have any changes i think that need to happen too much. At least nothing too drastic.

I know there are a lot of characters that you like, but how is that fair to everyone else on this site who might actually want one? For example... I, myself gave up on even attempting to get a Canon Character because all the ones I like are not only taken.. but FOUR OF THEM are taken by the SAME PERSON. How is it fair to other people who want a Canon Character, but all the good ones or ones they like are taken by the SAME people.

Yes, you may like these characters, and please don't take offense to this... but saying you want them just because you like them when there are MANY other people out there who also like that character is slightly selfish. There are other people who like them too and I think they deserve a chance at a Canon Character as well.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
What Would You Like To See On The Site? [Site Wide Discussion]  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0What Would You Like To See On The Site? [Site Wide Discussion]  - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:35 am
I'm not attempting to be selfish. But let me put it in a better way. Sometimes people take four canons because they do it for a reason? Why is that? They believe they can be play the character as they deserved to be played. I have who i have not because i want them hanging around, but because i want them to be done with justie, and not played by some second-rate nub. For example, i even challenged Shizuo to a bet because i thought he played a horrible Kukaku. So, i can be quite anal when it comes to canons, and if at all possible, want them to be played by competent rpers, something we don't' always get. I'm not against it, but i just don't want what could be be actual plot worthy characters going to horrible rp'ers. Thus, a four character option to me prevents that.
Snopy
Snopy
The Site Hideyoshi

Member Info
Platinum Points:
What Would You Like To See On The Site? [Site Wide Discussion]  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue50/100What Would You Like To See On The Site? [Site Wide Discussion]  - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (50/100)
Tiers:

Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:39 am
What Would You Like To See On The Site? [Site Wide Discussion]  - Page 2 144702_OBJECTION

Serenity, I think you are still not seeing the point Tsu just made. He has too many threads, and some people make big posts. Some people also don't do small spars, any spar for them could be a big thing the way they RP it. Take me for instance, I take threads seriously. I do not want a so called small spar JUST for posts. I think I want my threads to exist for the awesomeness, not be bull posts.

And on Shirou's note

I look at Canon's with a "First come first serve" view. I love Starrk, but JJ got him first so it he is rightfully his. Same with Shirou and his canon's. 4 just seems like a well placed cut off point in my head. So I'm on his side. AND Shirou makes a good point. I have seen some Canon's being Rp'd poorly (like I have seen people do things out of character).
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum