Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
What Would You Like To See On The Site? [Site Wide Discussion]  - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue99999/99999What Would You Like To See On The Site? [Site Wide Discussion]  - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)
Tiers:
https://www.platinumhearts.net

What Would You Like To See On The Site? [Site Wide Discussion]  - Page 4 Empty Re: What Would You Like To See On The Site? [Site Wide Discussion]

Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:22 pm
What Would You Like To See On The Site? [Site Wide Discussion]  - Page 4 1342409254983

JJ wrote:-gets a chair- -sits down in it-

Mmk.

Market places... I'm sorry, but other than Agiro, they wouldn't get used much. We already have TONS. TONS. Of shops on the site. And they aren't used that much. I think new boards could be better used in making a cool place like...

* A floating island in the middle of nowhere
* A lake inside of a volcano
* An abandoned military base full of guns and all kinds of other sentries and cool stuff
* A special airspace that has planes floating around in it that can be jumped between due to screwed up gravity

Maybe make a "Cool places to battle/meet" board? I think it'd be quite interesting and add the new angle we're looking for OwO Without having to go into ALL THE F#$#ING COMPLICATION of new dimensions.

Well, I was considering making one massive Market Board for people to make their stores in so we could have some more variety on the site. I see your point after that, so instead of making a bunch of markets, I'll just make one massive board for them. Along with that, I'll probably alter the Gateway Realm so it could be some interesting board that leads to all types of different battle grounds, worlds, possible time periods and other nifty shit. We could have a cool places to meet THREAD, but it wouldn't need a board as all the current worlds can still be explored alot more then they have been.

Also, we'll discuss the Madness City thing in the staff board since it appears you posted it up there. Looks like it has potential and I'm interested to see where it will go.

Serenity wrote:Second: Although in a lot of cases it is common sense, but I believe that there should be some sort of mini-guide for staff to be able to look at when it comes to checking certain apps. If there is one and I just haven't seen it, then link me! But I do believe there should be some type of guide to help, especially those like me who are new at it.

Yeah, to be honest, the current guide to staff in the staff board is fairly out-dated and there is nothing to help site helpers. So, based on that, I think I'll probably end up making a 2012 version so all staff know what the fuck they are doing better when it comes to apps, jobs and other shit. So thanks for bringing that point as I'll try to work on that soon.

Serenity wrote: If someone has checked an app and has done something wrong, or an admin comes in and overrides their judgement, I think that the admin should talk to the person who originally graded the app FIRST! Doing this will allow the person who checked the app to know what they did wrong to learn from future mistakes, and in a lot of cases would cause less tension between staff and the member that had their app suddenly changed.

I agree with this as well. When I get to the staff board, we'll need to probably have some type of Code of Conduct for staff to ad-hear to when dealing with those types of situations so we can learn how to better handle them, adapt ourselves to future circumstances and generally become more experienced staff and pro's at handling those messy situations along with giving possible future staff an idea of what the hell they should be doing when they encounter those types of mistakes.

Serenity wrote:Fourth: I believe Captains and anyone else in leadership positions should have some sort of say when someone is accepted as the position right under them (Lieutenant). OBVIOUSLY this would be too much of a pain to do for every single position, but I think it should be done for AT LEAST the rank right under them. Certain people on this site just don't get along, and others do NOT like making it a public issue, so they do their best to keep quiet about it, but if that person you don't like or can't get along with is just accepted right under you in rank, then obviously there is gonna be a problem.

Hm, in light of this, in my own organizations I'll probably allow this to transpire more often as long as the person has a good enough reason. I didn't really realize it as often as I should have, as this thought has been in the back of my head before, but I've never really implemented anything to help those kind of characters out. We'll probably need to discuss this more in staff board as well; but I'm starting to lean towards the Captain's of these orgs or other similar positions should get more of a say. What decision we'll come to, though? I have no bloody idea at the moment, but it'll probably help.

What Would You Like To See On The Site? [Site Wide Discussion]  - Page 4 WVMWLOu
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
What Would You Like To See On The Site? [Site Wide Discussion]  - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0/0What Would You Like To See On The Site? [Site Wide Discussion]  - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

What Would You Like To See On The Site? [Site Wide Discussion]  - Page 4 Empty Re: What Would You Like To See On The Site? [Site Wide Discussion]

Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:25 pm
Oh yeah, that reminds me. I do agree with the point of staff warning of others overriding approvals on apps. I don't mind if the user tells the other, but to do it without them knowing not only seems disrespectful, but makes the app-checker themselves feel incompetent. I know it's not a huge problem, but there have been some times where things have gotten testy when people have done such things.
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
Seʀeɴוᴛy ♫
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
What Would You Like To See On The Site? [Site Wide Discussion]  - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue1570/100What Would You Like To See On The Site? [Site Wide Discussion]  - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:31 pm
Lol Saying it like that makes me suspicious of everyone. >.>

When it comes right down to it, if this is something that is to be added to the site (I really hope it is. Lol), then we'll have to come up with a system that seems fair for everyone and not too complicated for Staff to work on and enforce.

And I am glad you agree with some things I have said Frost! I really would like your opinion on what we have all been discussing though. Canon Characters and such... Lol Anything to add?

Shirou:

Oh yeah, that reminds me. I do agree with the point of staff warning of others overriding approvals on apps. I don't mind if the user tells the other, but to do it without them knowing not only seems disrespectful, but makes the app-checker themselves feel incompetent. I know it's not a huge problem, but there have been some times where things have gotten testy when people have done such things.

Yeah.. It's actually happened to me twice now. I really don't have any problem with why they were changed, but I wasn't warned or anything about it, so it definitely did make me feel like what I had to say did NOT matter at ALL and like my opinions on a situation were completely invalid to the site. That isn't really something that I think anyone enjoys feeling, so it would be nice to be warned/talked to about it before something is changed about something that an App Checker Graded.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
What Would You Like To See On The Site? [Site Wide Discussion]  - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0/0What Would You Like To See On The Site? [Site Wide Discussion]  - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:30 am
Well, i'm sure we'll come up with a solution to the problem, as with the other things being discussed hurr.
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
What Would You Like To See On The Site? [Site Wide Discussion]  - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue99999/99999What Would You Like To See On The Site? [Site Wide Discussion]  - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)
Tiers:

Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:50 pm
What Would You Like To See On The Site? [Site Wide Discussion]  - Page 4 1342273505873
SerenityVerdant wrote:When it comes right down to it, if this is something that is to be added to the site (I really hope it is. Lol), then we'll have to come up with a system that seems fair for everyone and not too complicated for Staff to work on and enforce.

And I am glad you agree with some things I have said Frost! I really would like your opinion on what we have all been discussing though. Canon Characters and such... Lol Anything to add

To be honest, I don't really have much of an opinion here or there when it comes to the canon's. I've never really looked into it much myself as usual my other admins sought to managing those affairs; like Chaozi or Tsubine. Therefore, I'll have to sit back and think about something for them or just let Tsubine handle it with him being co-head and everything.

What Would You Like To See On The Site? [Site Wide Discussion]  - Page 4 WVMWLOu
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:29 pm
What Would You Like To See On The Site? [Site Wide Discussion]  - Page 4 Image3879-1
I believe this site discussion has been over with. I think I'll make a thread in staff board to address the issues with canon, but I believe most of what was discussed here has been taken care of. So, I'll be archiving this as there hasn't been any real post in awhile and it's clogging up announcements.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum