Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Dragon's Trip[Kenichi, Vanyel]  - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Dragon's Trip[Kenichi, Vanyel]  - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Dragon's Trip[Kenichi, Vanyel]  - Page 3 Empty Re: Dragon's Trip[Kenichi, Vanyel]

Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:27 pm
Dragon's Trip[Kenichi, Vanyel]  - Page 3 ASSp7Iq

KENICHI MURATA | Rising Dragon

"Sounds good to me! I'd certainly love to add a fine addition of abilities with cool names to my repetoire."

Kenichi was excited with this agreement. Though he wasn't the type to speak to it nearly as passionately as Vanyel, mythology had certainly occupied a firm position in both his heart and his interests. Honestly, now that he'd thought about it, it was entirely possible for Vanyel to adapt one of his family's five reiryoku principles from the Goshoku Ryuuken. Obviously, at his current condition, he wasn't going to risk it, but it was certainly food for thought. If nothing else, he thought it was worth a mention.

"Honestly, with a full recovery... I think it's entirely possible my father could teach you a thing or two about Goshoku Ryuuken. It's my defining fighting style, and it's quite versatile to boot. Leave no stone unturned, right?" He humored.

They were nearly there now after this conversation, but Kenichi wanted to hear his thoughts on the possibility at least.

STAND UNRIVALED| END POST

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Dragon's Trip[Kenichi, Vanyel]  - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Dragon's Trip[Kenichi, Vanyel]  - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Dragon's Trip[Kenichi, Vanyel]  - Page 3 Empty Re: Dragon's Trip[Kenichi, Vanyel]

Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:58 pm
Dragon's Trip[Kenichi, Vanyel]  - Page 3 97ZeGbM

VANYEL XIAOYANG | DRAGON OF KYUSHU

Even though Vanyel was mostly wanting to make sure that he relied on his own strengths, his own powers that he created, he couldn't deny that he perked up as Kenichi mentioned his fighting style. He knew what the name translated to, and, admittedly, that was part of the reasoning. Above all else, he loved dragons -- dragon themed everything and anything was a sure-fire way to grab his attention.

"You got my attention now, bud. You know I love dragon stuff, and, hey, it'd give us another thing to train and practice with. See if we can make a challenge for each other by using the same style, eh? Once I'm back in the game, I could teach you Dragon Dance in return."

With a bigger, almost child-like excitement to his smile, he nudged Kenichi playfully. He noticed how close they were to their destination, seeing the port of Okinawa in just about clear view. He was excited for it all -- meeting Kenichi's family, having a fun time in a place that was far away from Kitakyushu, eventually coming back into full health, regaining his powers, and making new ones.

Honestly...life was pretty good right now. He only hoped that it wouldn't be the omen for another tidal wave of misfortune to come his way.

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Dragon's Trip[Kenichi, Vanyel]  - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Dragon's Trip[Kenichi, Vanyel]  - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:38 am

"Of course. Our mutual love of dragons is definitely part of why I suggested it. Even with the return of your humanity, I'm pretty sure you still intend to develop until you reach that ideal state of fighting prowess you can take pride in, right? We're almost like twins in that aspect. Our sense of competition, and our desire to grow stronger. And, you already know I'll gladly welcome learning your Dragon Dance in return."

Even though pride would compel him to avoid considering himself a jack of all trades, master of none, he certainly valued approaching battle with a multifaceted array of techniques. He was the type to perform something like Bājíquán only to transition into taekwondo the next, and so on. Kenichi certainly understood the genuine beauty of mastering one style to it's utmost, but he thrived in misdirection, his aim to be ever unpredictable so that he could overwhelm his enemy without restraint.

He would cast his gaze toward that port in Okinawa, an excited grin forming against his lips. Finally, they'll be arriving soon. The fiery martial artist can hardly contain his excitement as the ship reaches it's destination. To spend this time with a man he genuinely viewed as the brother he never had, Kenichi considered the moment quite sublime.

Last edited by Iori on Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Dragon's Trip[Kenichi, Vanyel]  - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Dragon's Trip[Kenichi, Vanyel]  - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:32 pm

As he took another cursory look at the port coming more and more into clear view, Vanyel looked back at Kenichi and found himself grinning. Maybe he was just that simple, but, Kenichi knew him pretty damn well. He wanted to make sure that he was taking himself to what he had been before, and go beyond that.

"Hell yeah. I'm not gonna do somethin' stupid again. I'm gonna do everythin' I can to break through my limits once I'm back in action."

Just then, the horn sounded off, loud and proud, and Vanyel started moving to the bow of the yacht, looking over the railing. They had finally made it, the shore of Okinawa! Even for the colder months, it still felt warm and comfortable. A gust kicked up, blowing his hair from his face to the sides and behind. Despite his hesitance and lack of proper interest in vacations, he couldn't deny that he was looking forward to this.

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:20 pm

They had finally arrived at the port of Okinawa. Elated, Kenichi observed as their fellow coworkers exited the yacht. Kenichi held back the urge to leap from the boat and perform an acrobatic flip, choosing instead to motion for Vanyel to follow him down to the pier. Once they'd settled down, Kenichi stretched his arm out as he pulled a magazine from his pocket. He knew this place like the back of his hand, but perhaps something new had been built in his time away? There were so many things to engage in that his excitement was overflowing. Turning towards Vanyel, he pointed towards the booklet, pointing at the possible venues they could go to before they went to the Murata household. There were so many things to engage in, but Kenichi thought it fitting to let his companion choose the first activity.

"So where we goin first, Van?"

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:40 pm

He gave a light wave to their coworkers as they made their way down the pier, seeing Kenichi gesture for him to follow. As he made his way down the dock, he took a look around -- he hadn't really been to coastal cities a lot, and this was his first time in Okinawa. But, as Kenichi skimmed through a tourist booklet, with Vanyel picking one up as well, he turned his head to look at Kenichi, confused.

"The hell? Why am I pickin'? You're the one who brought me along, plus, you know the place better than me!"

He grinned, lightly punching Kenichi in the arm as he took a skim through the tourist book. Honestly, he didn't really know what to pick. It's not like he was betting on Kenichi picking, but he had figured the guy to be someone who'd know where to go first, or at least have something personal that would interest him.

"Honestly, I figured you'd have somethin' to show me when we got here. This is your home, and I'm sure there's a lot of stuff that you'd personally love to show off. I doubt you were able to see the whole island, but there's gotta be somethin' you're dyin' to show me, ain't there?"

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:51 pm

A soft chortle escaped the martial artist's lips as he nodded his head. He supposed Vanyel did have a point there. Of course, part of him had wanted him to try something out at his own leisure, but that was neither here nor there. If he wanted Kenichi to steer the wheel, then so be it. His eyes silently scanned through the booklet as they continued walking. Since he'd earned a sizable paycheck after telling Rita what he'd had in store for Vanyel, he could choose a multitude of places. For now, he chose to go with a default. An arcade. It was a nice location centered somewhere in the main district of the city. He recalled going there many times as a child, and according to the booklet, it was still alive and well. They also served some pretty killer food on the side for those who got hungry. And, knowing his appetite, he would get hungry. Kenichi simply turned to Vanyel and grinned.

"How about the arcade, then? We've seen how we fare against one another in live action, but I'd certainly like to see if I can best you in a fighting game or two!"

Last edited by Iori on Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:07 pm

As Kenichi looked through the booklet, Vanyel took a bit of time to mix looking through his own with taking glances around the port. It was surprisingly lively for an island -- but, then again, they were heading into the second largest city on the isle. His head perked up at hearing Kenichi's suggestion, grinning. The guy wanted to go for an arcade, eh?

"Hell yeah! I'm game for that. Haven't played too many fighting games, but I'm sure I can manage. Lead the way!"

Knowing Kenichi, he probably was gonna find one of the cabinets that had some real complicated, but flashy and fancy skills to it. He doubted that his desire to show off halted at just in his martial arts -- he knew that the guy probably picked up all sorts of games that he could do long-winded combos in. Maybe he should introduce him to some of the stuff he picked up in his travels and upbringing.

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:29 pm

"Today's your lucky day, then, Van! I use to play them so much, my father had to drag me away from the television!"

Kenichi grinned from ear to ear as Vanyel accepted the arcade option. That was an excellent choice in his opinion as well, and so he motioned for Vanyel to follow him as they made their way through the city. There were a few civilians among the crowds that Kenichi considered familiar faces, waving at them every now and then. Walking alongside his fellow dragon, enjoying the nostalgic sights, was quite satisfying for his soul. He was rarely a man who ever experienced a sour mood, but if he possessed one at this moment - it would have been rendered nonexistent. He couldn't imagine a better person to spend his time with. After a twenty minute walk, Kenichi pointed his finger toward the arcade. Known as the Dragon Palace, this particular place was popular for it's games as well as the nice selection of appetizers and fast food. Stepping in, the two of them would be treated to bright lights and the rapturous noises of children and young adults alike. Motioning for Vanyel to follow him, he made his way to a game he'd played his fair share as a child. King of Fighters. A timeless classic.

"I'm going to play you in this. I'm not going easy on you either, so be prepared!"

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:49 pm

Oh boy, Kenichi was a fighting game nerd as a kid. It was cool, kinda sweet, but also a little nerve-wracking for Vanyel. He hadn't played a fighting game in a long, long time. Aside from the old fight stick he got as a gift for one of his birthdays and the occasional trip during his time in the Kudo-kai, he wasn't any kind of fighting game expert. But, hey, it was all in good fun.

Kenichi guided the two of them to an arcade -- one with a name so fitting that Vanyel couldn't help but grin and laugh: The Dragon Palace. The two entered and Kenichi motioned for him to follow him again, to which Vanyel tracked him over to a cabinet with, thankfully, a familiar name. The King of Fighters -- one of the games that he did have some experience with.

He walked up next to him, idly toying with the stick as he looked at the characters before pointing to one of them, nudging Kenichi.

"Hey, this one kinda looks like you. Headband, green-clad an' everythin'."

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum