Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault

Request a Name

+13
Taurus
Paradigm
Laskt
Locke
Gamma
Sage
Siegharty
Mikasas
Slayer
Henrex
Ame no ko
Iori
Rawk
17 posters
Go down
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Request a Name Left_bar_bleue16000/1Request a Name Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Request a Name Empty Request a Name

Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:36 pm
Request a Name Banner-ichibe

Monk That Names Everything Request Thread

Everything has a name. Everything! But that means there's already a whole lot of names out there, and I bet you want to make sure your creations have a name that fits. If you're working with your own native language, that's not so bad. But when you're working with a foreign language, as one often does when roleplaying any anime, you might start to run into trouble, and begin to rely on online translators. Well worry no more! A name should be important in fiction, and carry some level of meaning to tie your narrative threads all together. And, of course, it should sound good to read.

Let's take the name of Renji Abarai's zanpakuto, Zabimaru, written as 蛇尾丸. The translation we are given is "Snake Tail," but if one were to simply translate that phrase literally, they would get 蛇の尾, read as Hebi no O. It has the same meaning, but doesn't sound nearly as good, does it? So how do we get to Zabimaru? Well, for starters we toss out that の all together, leaving us with just 蛇尾. All it tells us is that the tail is the snake's, but we already know that thanks to context! Now, because the kanji are a single word, rather than two separate words, we can get flexible with the pronunciation. 蛇 alone is "hebi", and 尾 alone is "o," as those would be the words "snake" and "tail. But kanji can be pronounced differently based on context, and like we said, these are no longer two separate words! That gives us the ability to use alternate readings of those kanji, making something that flows naturally, in this case the pronunciation of "zabi."

But now you may ask, where does the "maru" come from in the name? The kanji 丸 is used at the end of lots of names, for all sorts of things. Boats, people, and yes, swords. So, adding 丸 to the end makes it clear that this isn't literally a snake tail, but rather something named after a snake tail, along with adding a bit of meat to the name. All that together brings us to 蛇尾丸, Zabimaru, the Sword Named Snake Tail. A simple name, but much better than what a literal translation of its meaning would give you!

This thread is a hub for anyone, including you, to request a name for anything! A character, an ability, a zanpakuto, whatever your heart desires! Of course, we aren't living translation machines ourselves. We can only provide you with the languages our contributers currently know, which as of right now include the following:

Japanese: The most standard translation and name request, that this thread is mostly for. Primarily done by Rawk.
German: Typically Quincy will use German, Gamma can provide this.
English: If you just can't think of anything at all, even in English, we're happy to provide you with something rad.

If you happen to need a name done, then just fill out the form below as much as you can in your current situation, and we'll have a name out for you as soon as possible.

• Character Name: What is the character's name, if you have one already?
  • Language: What language is the name you're looking for, only those listed above can be put here.
  • Translation Request: If you already have something you just want translated, ie. Little Sprout and just wanting it translated into Japanese.
  • Character Description: If you can't think of a name that would click well with your character and match them thematically, give us a summary of who they are and we can work from there.
  • Ability Description: If you instead just want a name created off an ability rather than something translated to let the translator have free reign then describe what it does.
  • Application Link: Character link goes here, if you have one.

Code:
[list]
[*][b]Character Name:[/b] What is the character's name, if you have one already?
[*][b]Language:[/b] What language is the name you're looking for, only those listed above can be put here.
[*][b]Translation Request:[/b] If you already have something you just want translated, ie. Little Sprout and just wanting it translated into Japanese.
[*][b]Character Description:[/b] If you can't think of a name that would click well with your character and match them thematically, give us a summary of who they are and we can work from there.
[*][b]Ability Description:[/b] If you instead just want a name created off an ability rather than something translated to let the translator have free reign then describe what it does.
[*][b]Application Link:[/b] Character link goes here, if you have one.[/list]

All the black in this world... is mine
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Request a Name Left_bar_bleue0/0Request a Name Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Request a Name Empty Re: Request a Name

Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:50 pm

• Character Name: Unnamed Shihoin
  • Language: Japanese
  • Translation Request: Making a Younger sister to Chidori, and seeing as the mother was fond of birds, I would like a cool bird name.
  • Character Description: Hm, this is a tricky one since I haven't fleshed her out in my mind yet buuuut, I may return here if need to be once something has been fleshed out.
  • Ability Description:N/A
  • Application Link: N/A
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:02 am

The Monk's Chosen Name

» Name in Kanji: 李烏

» Pronunciation: Rio

» Meaning: This name was a little bit of a doozy, but hopefully this is to your liking. The relevance of the name comes in the traditional symbolism of both of those parts. "李" is the plum tree, which is a signifier of the ending of winter and the coming of spring, making it a symbol of the new year and, in a more general sense, of the possibilities of the future. "烏" is the crow, a bird which has a surprisingly detailed meaning in artistic depictions. Broadly speaking, however, they are seen as the best of messengers and protectors, which is a very common note, but often overlooked is that they can symbolize filial piety, the extreme honor given to one's family over oneself. With these two things in mind, the name 李烏 as a whole would imply that the child in question is meant to be a bringer of great things for their family, not out of any need for recognition, but for the sake of said family.

For extra flavor, it is also a two-syllable name, which while now rather out of style, was at one time the standard for the names of noblewomen.

Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:49 am

First off, that name is fucking delicious. Sir, may have I some more?

• Character Name: Hime
  • Language: Nippon
  • Translation Request: I have a couple, all from her Shikai. Hell, personally I need a Zanpakuto name as well. I think Gamma might have given me one recently but my memory has failed to recollect the thought.

Shikai Abilities:

Act 1: One's body as a Canvas

Act 2: World in My/One's image

Act 3: Comrades in Arms

These are placeholder names but I would welcome better ones so that I may finish her app, and the Zanpakuto name as well would be a big help.

• Character Description: I'll use this to describe Hime more so you get a better idea of what to do with Zanpakuto-related things. Due to a recent conversation I've had with Gamma, I've noticed how much I like the idea of Hime's Zanpakuto as a sort of "storyteller" "Act" type of sword, as it is Shikigami based which involves paper.

"If it's the case of just paper manipulation that's easier, a paper is blank until written on. It hasn't been crumpled by actions like her pride has"

"So ultimately the Zanpakuto becomes similar to Shunsui's bankai. A story, granted the story of Shunsui is two lovers suicide but the shikai could follow set acts. During Bankai I'd recommend something similar to Toshiro, wherein her bankai typically ends when the pages are filled although pushing beyond that she can write her "true ending" which would be her "redemption". "

In other words, I'd like something that sort of fits that thematic. A tale that still needs to be told.

• Ability Description: N/A
  • Application Link:https://www.platinumhearts.net/t20397-hime-tatsumiyafinished#131095
Ame no ko
Ame no ko
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:29 am

• Character Name: Hanako Yamada
  • Translation Request:
    - The rain of blades
    - The embrace of the tree

• Ability Description:
    Just out of curiosity the abilities to the names I came up with above. I'd just like to see what you think these abilities should be named:

- blades in the shape of Hanako's sealed Zanpakuto form on her bankai (a giant tree) and can be released from there and fly in a limited range around the tree to either damage an enemy or be given to an ally.

- Hanako can enter the tree, which welcomes her in an embracing manner, closing the bark gently around her like a blanket or something. She will be save from any damage that is too weak to destroy a bankai but can, in turn, not attack directly herself.

One ability I couldn't come up with anything: Large quantities of dust float around and Hanako can comand any quantity of the dust to combust in a thermobaric explosion.

I'm not in a hurry with any names, those abilities won't be used for some time^^

• Application Link: https://www.platinumhearts.net/t20834-hanako-yamada-shinigami-5-1

I'd like to add that If you need additional help in translating anything from or to german, I'd be happy to help.
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Request a Name Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Request a Name Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:30 pm
  • Character Name: Kitarune/Atsuko Astillon
  • Language: Weeb.
  • Translation Request: Since "Maho" and "Dai Majutsu" isn't really the best of names since they come from someone only fluent in Google Translate to come up with "Magic" and "Archmage", I thought you could think of something for her Zanpakuto and Bankai. I really just wanna see if I can get a better name.
  • Character Description: Kitarune is a chipper, kind girl who uses her creative nature and potential in order to bring out the most of her Zanpakuto in order to find her brother. (Not really sure what else to put here, since there isn't much that I can think of that would be relevant for this...if you need more, help pls, ask some questions that get my brain going)
  • Ability Description: Her Zanpakuto embraces the concept of magic and creativity, basing in Kido in order to allow her a wide range of customization for what she can do, from manipulating the effects of Kido, mixing them together, or utilizing her other Zanpakuto techniques in order to achieve her goals, such as infusing them into her weapon to create more power or a different effect or layering magic circles onto them in order to make some of the weakest spells powerful.
  • Application Link: https://www.platinumhearts.net/t19449-kitarune-astillon-the-archmage-finished
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:05 pm

The Monk's Chosen Name

» Shikai Name in Kanji: 呪源路

» Pronunciation: Jugenro

» Bankai Name in Kanji: 呪源路 八角州

» Pronunciation: Jugenro - Hakkakusu

» Meaning: This name is actually fairly difficult to translate neatly into English, but I think it comes across very well in Japanese. Speaking literally, the kanji together would be "spell source path," but the choice of kanji and their order play into the thematic, particularly when taken alongside the Bankai name (which we will get to). "呪源," the "jugen" here, is a play on the phrase "水源," pronounced "suigen" and referring to a fountainhead, the source of a river. The kanji 水, for water, has been replaced with 呪, the kanji for a spell (or curse). The imagery evoked in this particular wordplay, then, would be a source of magic or spellcraft that was akin to a river's source. 路, pronounced "ro," is an antiquated method of referring to a path or road. While one can take this word to mean a very literal road, it can also be taken as a belief, practice, or set of principles. Therefore, all together as 呪源路, "Jugenro," the meaning implied is more akin to "The Way of Magic's Source."

Now, onto the Bankai. Continuing with the thematic of a river, 八角州, "Hakkakusu," is a play on the phrase 三角州, which refers to a river delta. The literal translation of the term would roughly be "three angle sandbar," but in changing the first kanji to 八, it becomes "eight angle sandbar." Eight is something of an important number in subjects of wisdom, seen most prominently in the Noble Eightfold Path in Buddhism. By addending this number to the many branching paths of a river delta, there is the implication of a more enlightened design to said branches.

Slayer
Slayer
Thicc Boi

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Request a Name Left_bar_bleue7900/999999Request a Name Empty_bar_bleue  (7900/999999)
Tiers:

Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:49 pm
Requesting three

• Character Name: Chidori Shihoin
  • Translation Request: I was thinking Heavenly Dust/Sand Ruler but if you think of something better than I'm open to that too
  • Character Description: N/A
  • Ability Description: It's for a dust/sand based shikai. The substance is incredibly flammable and acts like normal sand besides the fact it can be controlled. This is to both complement Chidori's flame reiatsu but also symbolized her ability to adapt in tough situations as a person to make the most out of it and how she often finds herself lost in her troubles like one gets lost in a desert.
  • Application Link: https://www.platinumhearts.net/t16926-chidori-shihoin-approved-4-1

• Character Name: None
  • Translation Request: Cat related
  • Character Description: One of the OG Shihoin back during the formation of the Gotei. He's the sole reason the Shihoin are so good at hakuda and hoho, though he's also incredibly skilled with zanjutsu as well. He's a cat now after mastering the Feline Fatale curse that he had acquired during his time as a shinigami. He also lives on the side of a volacano in the Sereitei.

Personality wise, he's a goofy mentor that likes to tease those around him to have a good time though most people end up laughing with him even if they're the butt of the joke. He's the kind of guy that ends up being everyone's friend even if they don't want him to and he sticks his neck out for his friends. Also has a strong sense of duty and loyalty which is why he's on the volcano in the first place.

• Character Name: None
  • Translation Request: Dog related
  • Character Description: Twin brother of the guy in my previous request. I'm going to need a normal name and then a hollow name though you're free to make them the same thing. He was much quieter and reserved than his brother but he also enjoyed having a good time with people which meant that he knew all of his friends through his brother. Wasn't really expected to be anything great but rivaled his brother in skill when they both became shinigami. His zanpakuto power was to corrupt anything that it came in contact with.

Eventually he took his rivalry with his brother too far and killed himself with his zanpakuto, turning him into a hollow. Unable to be defeated, he was instead sealed in a volcano a far distance away from the Rukongai. That was some time ago, and during his time sealed away he's been cultivating his power that is comparable to your average vasto lorde, biding his time until his seal is broken.

Request a Name Sumera-character-list
Anonymous

Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:57 pm

• Character Name: Yahiko Shihoin
  • Translation Request: His zanpakuto lets him equip his shadow as a suit so to speak. So something involving that would be neat.
  • Character Description: Yahiko is an independent Shihoin who went into the world to learn. Developing his skills in fighting rings and other places. While also being an engineer, he never once asked the Shihoin for money. He decided against it as that didn't fit him. He's generally quiet and takes his time. Never jumping to quick choices about things. As he mediates how it will affect those around him and his family. So he's a mature guy in the end.
  • Ability Description:So Yahiko's zanpakuto as I stated previously. Let's him equip his own shadow and wear it. Making it a part of him so he dresses in darkness. This allows him to have what we could call two instead of one is sealed. The power get's stronger, as in Shikai he can cover lower or upper body parts. And Bankai is obviously a full covering, I was hoping to get a Japanese name. That would fit into Shikai and Bankai.
  • Application Link: https://www.platinumhearts.net/t20956-yahiko-shihoin#135398
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:41 pm

The Monk's Chosen Name

Names for Slayer.

» Name in Kanji: 天砂

» Pronunciation: Tensa

» Meaning: Taken literally, it would translate as simply "Heaven Sand." I liked the sound of both Heaven and Sand, so I threw them together. For added bonus, this kanji can mean either "sand" or "gold dust," if you want a double meaning to reflect Chidori's nobility.

» Name in Kanji: 獅輔

» Pronunciation: Shisuke

» Meaning: "Helpful Lion," give or take. I figure since he's the good brother in this situation, that's a good meaning. As for the Lion part, there's no real good pronunciations for the kanji for "cat" in a name.

» Name in Kanji: 犬地

» Pronunciation: Kenji

» Meaning: "Dog of the Earth," there's no real way to translate it in a way that sounds pretty. He's stuck in a volcano, I imagine that would relate well to the earth, yes?

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum