Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Giving Good Spirits [Ella, Hannah] Left_bar_bleue42100/16000Giving Good Spirits [Ella, Hannah] Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

Giving Good Spirits [Ella, Hannah] Empty Giving Good Spirits [Ella, Hannah]

Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:03 pm
Giving Good Spirits [Ella, Hannah] EFWKqck

Ella Holsen

"Wishes of health and good humor to ye."

The placid tone of the adolescent bid farewell to another patient she had brief conversation with. She had been given two jobs by the Director to do in the hospital today; one was to deliver simple wellness gifts and make conversation with the surviving responders of the battle by the hole, the other was to gather information and perspectives of what happened for further insight. As she was told to expect, the stories sounded rather here and there with only a few details matching from one person to the next, and a handful of the patients were either still incapacitated or unable to hold conversation with a visitor.

Her previous night's shift was catching up to her, she hardly had time to even go home and sleep her usual two to three hours. It wasn't unusual for her to stay up, but not having a coffee or two on hand was just poor planning on her part. Though her faith was poor in the hospital having even remotely adequate coffee...

...She truly did not expect how horrid it would be. The very flavor made her skin crawl, even the typically composed look of the silvery girl was compromised by an absolutely terrible cup. Her need to complain was certain.

"Excuse me, Miss?" Her attention drew to an unassuming blonde woman she had seen a few times, guessing she was here frequently enough and perhaps had some manner of authority, "Could I borrow you a moment? I have a complaint."

END
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Giving Good Spirits [Ella, Hannah] Left_bar_bleue398349/999999Giving Good Spirits [Ella, Hannah] Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Giving Good Spirits [Ella, Hannah] Empty Re: Giving Good Spirits [Ella, Hannah]

Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:52 pm

The Grand Witch

Hannah Chiza

Giving Good Spirits [Ella, Hannah] 6EdIfMt

Sometimes, it was good that she didn't need to sleep as much as mortals did. At a push, she could keep a whole week of activity going without a second's dip. Which helped keep a schedule or working a day shift at Urahara's shop, a night shift at the Stadt Hospital she had gotten a part of during an outreach program when Lux was still in the foreground, and popping over to the Seireitei for tutorship and such like. She had Sunday off just to make sure that she didn't push herself too hard and become a coffee addled creature. There were some nice things about this place, but the coffee was not one of them.

Turning around as a woman would call her name, Hannah would nod softly. Eyes not quite meeting the woman, but clearly she could notice her somehow.

"Mmm, what do you require?"

Coding Altered From: [The Frost]
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Giving Good Spirits [Ella, Hannah] Left_bar_bleue42100/16000Giving Good Spirits [Ella, Hannah] Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:25 pm

Ella Holsen

With hardly a missed beat, the cup would be risen slightly with clear assumption the blonde could see, in gesture to it's relevance to what she had to complain about, pointing at it with her free hand, "This coffee is horrific. I cannot even give it the excuse of being boring or plain in flavor; it's incredibly bitter and pungent - it may as well be a helping of sulfuric acid. Neither sugar nor milk could make up for the flavor, in fact I believe it was worsened by any attempts at remediation. This putrid substance cannot be appropriate to offer freely to guests and employees; it is an additional negative to an already stressful environment when such offerings of refreshment should be a positive for the sake of morale and mental health."

Her tone was it's same calm frequency, though she never quite seemed to stop for a breath until she finally ceased talking, expression unchanging as her posture was kept until she was given a response to this injustice against comfort.

END
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Giving Good Spirits [Ella, Hannah] Left_bar_bleue398349/999999Giving Good Spirits [Ella, Hannah] Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:28 pm

The Grand Witch

Hannah Chiza

Well, now. That was quite the complaint. Though for Hannah, she was not one to just simper and nod. So she would decide to have a bit of fun with this woman who decided the free coffee was the important thing to complain about.

"That machine is not the hospital's property. It is supplied to us externally, and it is under there oversight. You may send a letter of complaint to their headquarters, if you so wish. But we can not help you internally"

Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Aug 11, 2023 9:59 am

Ella Holsen

Such an obviously fooling response likely would have created a sense of insult or confusion in a typical person, but Ella... Just tilted her head like a curious cat. A strange response, was she trying to joke with her? That wasn't even how the machine worked; if anything the choice in using poor quality coffee grinds seemed to be the problem, rather than the machine being faulty. Did she perhaps misspeak?

"The machine is not the subject of issue, Miss," She would calmly assert, "The choice of coffee is. Besides, I am certain it is a standard machine purchased and placed in order for supplying fresh coffee to those operating here. The machine itself is not broken."

Her gesturing ceased, appearing to think for a moment... That was right, Papa had said that she could come across strongly, so it was best to clarify intent, "I do not intend to be a bother. I had come to lift the spirits and give gifts to those injured by the recent conflict. My concern lies in the quality of freely given refreshments not being of good quality to staff and visitors; the times must already be quite difficult on them. Discovering they had poured themselves a cup of poor quality would worsen their mood and drive."

END
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:08 am

The Grand Witch

Hannah Chiza

"Well, yes....That's the whole crux of the issue. If it was broken, I could fix it in a heartbeat. But it is not, and instead is just doing it's job really poorly. That's nothing we can fix" Hannah would reply. She wasn't quite sure where the idea that the machine was broken was coming from, a thing that was poorly made or stocked would still suck even if it was running perfectly fine.

The Coffee Woman would then pause, as if tilting towards internal thought, and then try another direction. Which was nicer, but still missed the point.

"Free stuff is generally going to be poor quality. The stuff you can buy at Stellarbucks is of better quality, but anything that is given for free has a negative profit margin, so it's quality and maintenance gets what is left of the budget, which is rarely anything of any note. Only the truly decadent places are capable of high quality, free stuff"

Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:43 am

Ella Holsen

The silver girl was in silence for a moment with the blind woman's summarization of why the coffee was bad, seeming to be deep in thought for a moment, a finger resting on her chin with her head tilted slightly up for a moment, a complete enigma of process, before she went to open her very empty looking satchel and pulling out a perfectly fine bag of ground coffee. It didn't appear to be of mindblowing quality but it certainly was an actual brand people could drink.

"Papa gives people nice things, but I suppose it is not exactly 'free'. In a monetary sense, yes, but he typically wants an exchange in another way," It sounded more like she was processing the idea out loud rather than directly speaking to Hannah in particular, "Mostly in a nice talk. But he is a charitable man."

Looking at the bag in her hands, she'd blink, "The shop I frequent kept giving me these bags when I bought enough cups, but I do not have much use for them - I do not have a machine at home or time to use it. I almost forget I have them, but I suppose this would be a good place to put them to."

Gaze returning to the other woman, she'd bow slightly, "I apologize if I was a hindrance."

END
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:51 am

The Grand Witch

Hannah Chiza

"Your father sounds like a lovely man, miss, and you are no hindrance to me, I quite enjoy conversing with new people. Though I must warn you against reckless charity" Hannah would reply, not yet taking the coffee beans.

"When you offer something to one person, and not to others, you breed animosity, make that person a target for such feelings bred, and spread far worse than you sort to halt. If you wish to make the free coffee here better, then it will be upon you eternal, to ensure the free coffee here is better. Should you ever falter in your task, vitrol shall bleed from those who have into those who have not. With your action, you are responsible forever more"

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum