Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Southern Sass [Vanyel, Violet] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Southern Sass [Vanyel, Violet] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Southern Sass [Vanyel, Violet] - Page 2 Empty Re: Southern Sass [Vanyel, Violet]

Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:38 pm
Southern Sass [Vanyel, Violet] - Page 2 Z2q6v3M

VANYEL XIAOYANG

Seemed like they each had a different idea of what image training was. Then again, neither was really wrong -- the one she was talking about was basically just part two of his idea. As she mentioned being unsure of what to think about, Vanyel offered the switchblade to her, handle first.

"Start with somethin' smaller and simpler. As for what you could do different, when I say 'image training,' I mean more...working on visualizin' the object. Getting a good feel for it, physically, being able to picture every aspect of it in your head, shit like that. Hell, you can even taste it if that helps."

Vanyel reached into his pocket, pulling out a ring of keys, conveniently out of view of his field of vision, and singled one out.

"Take this, for example. I know that the key I picked out is the one for my motorcycle, because I know the feel of the key really well, and can picture it almost immediately. The grooves of the teeth, the shape of the bow and the hole in the center of it, all of those little bits are important. Helps make a stronger, more thorough image, and probably would make the thing you're wantin' to conjure, stronger as a result."

He tucked the keys away, gesturing lightly to the switchblade. Sure, he probably would have started with an actual sword or something -- if he had one with him. That was another thing he needed to figure out a solution for -- figuring out a way to store all of his equipment and carry it with him.

END POST | DRAGON OF KYUSHU
Serenity
Serenity
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Southern Sass [Vanyel, Violet] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1570/100Southern Sass [Vanyel, Violet] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Southern Sass [Vanyel, Violet] - Page 2 Empty Re: Southern Sass [Vanyel, Violet]

Thu Jun 06, 2024 1:32 pm
Southern Sass [Vanyel, Violet] - Page 2 Vi_PostingHeader10
Enter: Violet Gardner | The Rebellious Runaway

Violet flinched as the blade moved closer to her. Though it was a small flinch, her tension was very clear. She glanced nervously from him to the blade, and hesitated before taking it. With the blade in her hand, she relaxed and looked back at him. However, when he reached into his pocket, she tensed up again, eyes wary. She held the blade, ready to defend herself if he attacked, but it was only a key ring...

Violet understood what he was trying to say, and she took the time to analyze the switchblade. Running her fingers along its handle, the blade, and any other detail it had, Violet tried memorizing it. Still, she found it difficult. "The difference between your key and this switchblade is that you've held both of them a lot more than I have..." Violet said, but it gave her an idea she might use later. "I have summoned my scythe many times... I'm just... nervous." Violet said, staring at the switchblade.

End Post
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Southern Sass [Vanyel, Violet] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Southern Sass [Vanyel, Violet] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Fri Jun 07, 2024 9:25 pm

VANYEL XIAOYANG

He noticed her flinch that time. He'd been absorbed in trying to figure out what her problem was in conjuring that weapon that he hadn't noticed the body language that should have indicated him to slow down. So, he took a half-step back, giving her more breathing room as she spoke. She was nervous? Mindset and emotional state definitely played into how stable these things were.

"Mm...well, what might help ya relax? Close your eyes? Pretend I'm not here? I mean, I can fuck off too, if you want. If that'll help."

Yeah, now that he was taking a step back, he realized how awkward this probably was for her. Not to mention, judging from how she flinched and her general timidness toward him, probably had some underlying issues of her own. Some stranger coming up to her and spouting off a bunch of martial arts and energy manipulation tips wasn't really gonna help that, after all.

"...If it's alright for me to stick around, maybe we should...start with names. Vanyel Xiaoyang, I'm a bodyguard workin' for Gracen Arms."

Serenity
Serenity
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Southern Sass [Vanyel, Violet] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1570/100Southern Sass [Vanyel, Violet] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Sun Jun 09, 2024 5:42 pm

Violet appeared taken aback by his blunt "I can fuck off" remark. There were countless other ways to convey that. She remained silent, her eyes fixed on the blade in her hands as she pondered her next move. When he spoke again, she glanced up with a raised eyebrow, in confusion and curiosity. "Violet..." she began, hesitantly. "I mean... I’m Violet. That’s my name, not my hair. Violet Gardner."

"You're a bodyguard? How much does it cost to hire you?" Violet asked seriously.

End Post
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:02 am

VANYEL XIAOYANG

Well, at least she had a name that was easy to remember, in some form or fashion. Not like his, something that his dad had just picked out of a book. Then again, there were other parts of him that were far more memorable -- namely, the snowy hair that stood out, even in winter. But, the girl suddenly latched onto his profession with a concerning amount of seriousness.

She was barely an adult, and she wanted to know how much it would cost to hire him? What the hell kind of trouble was she getting into that she needed protection, especially professional? Vanyel took a half-step back, raising his hands as his expression mirrored his concern.

"Whoa, whoa, hold on, slow down. First things first, why the hell would you need to hire me in the first place?"

Serenity
Serenity
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:49 am

"Only until I am good enough to defend myself,” Violet said, her saddened eyes lowered to the beach’s sand. She sort of ignored his actual question and 'answered' in her own way. “I’m not very good at fighting, and I need to get better. There is too much bad in this world… and it has a habit of finding me…”

Violet’s entire demeanor shifted as she curled in on herself, both hands cupped together over her chest. She thought back to meeting that insane killer in the City and then what happened in Mexico. If anything like that happened again, even with her attempts to learn, she wasn’t sure she could do anything about it.

End Post
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Jun 21, 2024 8:10 pm

VANYEL XIAOYANG

Vanyel's eye twitched as the girl ignored his question, treating his response as if he'd already accepted or if he'd asked why he should. But, the irritation quickly shifted back to concern as she mentioned that the bad in the world "had a habit of finding her." Then, Vanyel went quiet, turning to the side as he brought a hand to his mouth and chin, thinking.

He wasn't sure if he could actually shift from working with Rita to her, there was a whole thing in that regard. He didn't mind the idea of helping her learn how to fight, especially if she was someone who either found herself in trouble a lot, got herself into said trouble, or, even worse, made a lot of dangerous enemies. Vanyel sighed, whispering something explicit under his breath before turning to Violet.

"Alright, look, I'm fine with giving you lessons, but I don't know if I can legally just swap over like that. If you're stayin' here, you shouldn't have anything to worry about. I can give you a place to crash for a bit, if you need it. Warning though, I don't live here, I'm just visiting."

He hoped he wouldn't regret saying something like this. The girl already laughed at him trying to smile apropos of nothing. After the time he spent with Calypso, some parts of her had rubbed off on him -- and he wanted to try and do the right thing, when he could. Or, at least, put the offer on the table.

Serenity
Serenity
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Jun 22, 2024 10:45 pm

Violet watched Vanyel curiously, a tint of hope in her eyes while he was thinking. Violet’s mind wandered while thought. [i]What if he says no… Could I hire someone else? I never thought of hiring a bodyguard… Maybe he can just teach me some more. He’s probably busy though… This was stupid. I don’t even have enough money to hire him. Bodyguards are hired by famous and important people…’

Violet’s head popped up when Vanyel spoke up again. “Swap over?” she tilted her head curiously. What did that mean? “Oh, I’ve got a place to stay. You ain’t havin’ to worry about that,” Violet said with a small smile, a little of that Texan accent popping through. It was a rare moment, but sometimes she reverted. “I live in my own place, actually. I have a spare bedroom that no one uses. If you teach me, you can use it and not have to pay for a hotel. Money in the pocket is always great.”

End Post
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jun 24, 2024 11:34 pm

VANYEL XIAOYANG

Well, that was good, she did have a home. That gave him peace of mind, that she wasn't running around on the streets, hiding away from trouble. Not like he had to when he was younger. So, with that in mind, Vanyel breathed a soft sigh of relief.

"Good...that's good."

He thought about her offer -- it would help cut costs on hotels, even if his pay was good, it never hurt to save some. Plus, if this girl was in danger, and something like martial arts would help her in defending herself, it wouldn't sit right in him to just walk away.

"...Alright. I'll teach you. Fair warning though, I won't go easy on you."

Serenity
Serenity
The Gotei 13 Advocate

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Jun 25, 2024 1:27 am

Violet was surprised by his reaction. Was he really that worried about her not having a home? That… is the second man she has met that didn’t like that idea. Violet was new to this area, sort of, so she wondered if Vanyel would have also offered to buy her a house, and when through with it, if he found out she was homeless… This is such a weird country… Violet’s tension calmed down.

Violet smiled and nodded. “I have a job, sort of... So, I can pay for the food, since I ain't sure I can really pay a true bodyguard salary. I'll figure that later. I’ll even plan the occasional meal and a movie night to give you a day to relax. The room has a bed and a wardrobe already in it, so wanna go pick up your things?”

End Post
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum