Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Paradigm
Paradigm
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
8 - Another Day Another Division [Lerna, Mizu] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/08 - Another Day Another Division [Lerna, Mizu] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

8 - Another Day Another Division [Lerna, Mizu] - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Day Another Division [Lerna, Mizu]

Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:33 am
8 - Another Day Another Division [Lerna, Mizu] - Page 2 JGYv9eD

MORIKAWA MIZU

With such a direct, obvious attack one could assume Mizu didn't know what she was doing but this usually worked to her advantage; while not a master of Shinigami martial skills, she at least prided herself on her grasp of their fundamentals. Seeing her swing be deflected wasn't unpredictable given how straightforward it had been, and upon Lerna following up with an attack of her own Mizu opted to copy the woman's previous move by gracefully sidestepping it. Before she could take advantage of her dodge and go on the offensive the other blond fighter stepped backwards and spoke to her.

"Thank you for asking, Lerna-san..." Before finishing her answer Mizu lunged forward and attempted a sweeping strike with her Zanpakuto on the woman to whom she was speaking "...I want to help Captain Otoribashi-sama build something special, from the ground up!" Without giving her foe even an inch of space Mizu followed her attack up with two consecutive vertical strikes. Deciding to keep things light Mizu further responded with an inquiry of her own "What do you like about the 7th Division, Lerna-san?"

TAKING IT SERIOUS | END POST
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
8 - Another Day Another Division [Lerna, Mizu] - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/08 - Another Day Another Division [Lerna, Mizu] - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

8 - Another Day Another Division [Lerna, Mizu] - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Day Another Division [Lerna, Mizu]

Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:43 am
8 - Another Day Another Division [Lerna, Mizu] - Page 2 HEADER_67533998_p0

Nice and quick, good~ Lerna's smile widened just a little as she watched the girl dart to the side to avoid the pommel. She was good, not too slow, but not as fast as Lerna was capable of. Certainly she liked what she was seeing as the girl dipped to the side and seeming to pause as Lerna backed up and spoke. Silly girl, but she didn;'t punish it. Taking in the woman's response and deftly blocking those strikes. Her blade not having t rush much as she quickly let her blade dart about, blocking those flicks and vertical strikes before she BULLED forward!

At the very last impact, Lerna suddenly pressed forward with a SURGE of strength that Mizu wouldn't be able to match, sliding the woman back a few feet, and PRESSING, forcing Mizu to keep that contact, feeling around as she PRESSED against the other woman's blade. Making it VERY clear that she was feeling around for if that guard would weaken, or if she would try to retreat to get a little chance to snick at the woman. An attempt to lock Mizu int the guard, curious to see how she would respond to the pressure.

"I joined when Commander Murasaki was the Captain. I owe a great deal to her for vouching my candidacy as a substitute shinigami. And as for squad seven specifically? Well. I'm a substitute. So the squad that spends most of it's time on earth makes the most sense." She pointed out with a casual smile. Also revealing that she was not, in fact: a pure shinigami. But rather likely a human gifted the ability to use shinigami powers and join the gotei.

"Technically, I'm still in the academy. But well, us Subs do duties concurrent to our curriculum. So I'm sortof half and half between the academy and my squad. " She explained, finally pulling back, if Mizu hadn't already found some way to counter and escape, to give them both a bit of breathing room.

"Oh and another fun little fact. I'm a mod soul." She added with a calm smile. By now a nice little crowd had turned their attention to the two women, one r two even cheering for one of the pair as the gals went at it. It wasn't a ton of people, since they weren't really GOING at it. But certainly now there was some semblance of an audience.
Paradigm
Paradigm
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Nov 03, 2022 7:49 pm

MORIKAWA MIZU

Seeing her straightforward attacks be easily parried Mizu wondered what Lerna's plan was, but only had time to wonder freely for a moment before, with a surge, she found herself immediately on the back foot. Evidently the woman wanted to escalate how she played with Mizu by forcing her back with shocking strength, leaving her entirely nonplussed.

Using both hands and as much power as she could muster the blond Shinigami just barely prevented herself from being knocked off her feet. Mizu found her jaw clenched and a drop of sweat slipping across her brow as she struggled mightily against her clearly superior opponent. Even as she felt herself being relentlessly pushed back she found herself surprised by Lerna's words, though they helped explain the disparity between them as Mizu had read Substitute Shinigami were often incredible in their own right.

Not wanting to simply stand in place like a caged animal Mizu used all her strength and weight to push forward with her Zanpakuto, hoping to alleviate just enough pressure from the other woman's weapon to then Flash Step to a short distance away. Luckily for her own ego Mizu managed to accidentally time this with Lerna letting up on her and safely escaped their clash. Panting already she expressed admiration for her foe's power "W-wow, Lerna-san, that was...terrifying! I shouldn't be surprised, a Mod-Soul Substitute Shinigami? You're Incredible!"

It wasn't until now Mizu realized other members of the 7th Division had gathered nearby to observe their bout. Seeing their excitement and cheers even managed to get Mizu's blood pumping, who wanted to provide a good challenge for Lerna; she wasn't one to be concerned about embarrassing herself in spars, having known her whole life how limited her abilities were, but she didn't want to waste her new associate's time with meager resistance either.

With burning determination Mizu helped her Zanpakuto in her left armpit next to her chest and lifted both hands before calling a spell's name "Hadō #4. Byakurai!" At this declaration spiritual energy concentrated around her hands before being dispelled from their palms in the form of blue-silhouetted lightning which she sent careening toward Lerna at a breakneck pace.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:36 pm

Lerna grinned, pleased to see Mizu taking a moment to struggle, but still coming through and not getting frustrated. A lot of people got confused, or even indignant about Lerna's freakish strength. Heh, Kudos for her. Not a bad girl. Still, she perked a brow slightly and ....furrowed her brows when she saw Mizu tuck her zanpaku'to under her arm. In the very next moment, as Mizu started to raise her hands, Lerna closed the distance between them with a shunpo.

Mizu's hands, raised up, would find themselves pressed to Lerna's chest as the Mod soul promptly snagged the handle of the woman's zanpaku'to. A smirk playing across her lips. She didn't move. Even if Mizu DID keep her hands there and fire a byakurai clean into Lerna's chest, the Mod soul aimed to rip the weapon from where it was pinched, and promptly grab Mizu's face with her other hand. She was fairly durable, but still that spell would burn it's way into her chest. REASONABLY Mizu probably wouldn't be going full blast. Lerna doubted that she was gonna go trying to put a hole in her. But all the same, with one, smooth, twisting motion, LErna aimed to lift Mizu clean off the ground by her facebefore then dropping her HARD. Of course, if the girl was prepared for this sort of thing, and wasn't thrown odd by Lerna's chest, she might have a shot at just zipping away. It all depended on how Mizu reacted to the sudden move.

"Alrighty, first advice: Try to learn how to case Kido one-handed. Im' not very good at Kido in the slightest, but I still try not to take the time to use both hands. If you're at a distance? Sure, but when I'm this close, its a bad idea." She advised. "Plenty of times down on earth some idiot puts down their weapon to do something and that's the end of them. They get shot or stabbed." She noted with a sagacious nod. Potentially with a nice big byakurai-shaped hole in her top.
Paradigm
Paradigm
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:52 pm

MORIKAWA MIZU

Having already witnessed her opponent's superior speed Mizu was better prepared for when Lerna blitzed her again. While game planning against superior physical attributes can be difficult, just knowing the gap between their abilities made it easier for Mizu to respond. Thinking gotcha! to herself upon Lerna closing the gap between them in an instant, Mizu adjusted her Kido spell by separating her hands and placing one on her Zanpakuto and the other fully on the woman's chest. Hopefully to Lerna's surprise a hole wouldn't appear in her torso as instead of piercing her with Byakurai's energy, it would disperse throughout her body from her right hand and from the left both of them would potentially have their arms burnt up from the electric attack.

Knowing she needed to keep this dangerous woman at a distance Mizu spoke the name of another Shinigami spell: "Bakudō #8. Seki!", which would summon a small azure sphere floating an inch from her right palm. Instead of shoving it directly into Lerna's body Mizu moved it by placing the back of her hand against her own face, hopefully in time to bounce the Mod-Soul's grasping palm and entire body backwards a few feet. Either way Mizu wanted to use whichever opportunity opened for her to Flash Step a fair distance away from Lerna, seeking to create a cushion of space for her own protection.

With her breathing heavier than before from using multiple spells in quick succession Mizu gave her reply to the woman's advice as she shook the pain out of her left arm "Yes, I agree Lerna-san...some spells I have much freedom when casting, but I have always lagged behind others. What comes easy to most is often a struggle for me. I must put countless hours into mastering each spell to do what you advise, but do not take this as an excuse! I will attain the skill necessary to do what you say!" Mizu gripped her Zanpakuto tightly as she stared her foe down, ignoring the painful tingling in her left arm.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:39 pm

Oh?

Lerna quirked a brow as she felt the electrical current course through her arm as well as Mizu's own, the muscles spasming just a little, her grip LOCKING down on the handle alongside Mizu's own because of the spasms, and then a moment later, as she went for the woman's face, she felt that forceful BOOM as the Seki went off. She could have probably avoided it, but she allowed herself to be punted back, skidding a few feet before quirking a brow as Mizu darted back with a shunpo. Hmmm, in terms of shunpo, they weren't to far from eachother. Lerna's general speed was just superior, but Mizu was probably a bit better at using Flash step. Nice. She put on a playful smile and canted her head to the side, flexing her burnt hand and then pausing as her flesh rippled, the burns along her hand vanishing as she healed the "injury".

After all, her " body" was just a gigai that her mod pill was in. And with a bit of adjusting it, she was able to just repair the light damage easily enough. Especially the kind of light damage that would be dished ut in such a light training match.

"Not bad. Quick on your feet too. That's always good." She noted with a light chuckle, humming for a moment and then shaking her head. "Hm, never was very good with spells myself. I think you may have me a little outmatched here." She reasoned, promptly starting to walk toward Mizu. "I'm kinda stuck on options other than just Hakuda and some simple Kido spells. Frankly my Zanpaku'to is a little mean, not really something I'd use on a fellow shinigami. If this were some kinda contest I'd probably just call you the winner this time around. But this match is for training." She grinned, sheathing her Zanpaku'to and then raising up her fists, crouching down and planting both hands onto the ground, a loud crackling noise escaping as a bright glittering sheen covered both of her arms. Absorbing the sand to coat her hands in glass mixed with her own reiryoku, creating a sortof protective armor over her hands and forearms, promptly turning them into weapons.

"Alrighty. Ready to go again?~"
Paradigm
Paradigm
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:55 pm

MORIKAWA MIZU

Mizu perceptively noticed the lightly charred skin on Lerna's hand lighten and change from burnt black to perfectly normal as if nothing had happened. Her own arm continued tingling sharply in contrast with her opponent's which now appeared unharmed. Is this the power of a Mod-Soul?! The only solution the blond Shinigami had for dealing with injuries was medical attention and extended bed rest. If her foe could recover completely at a whim then Mizu's decision to fight her bordered on insanity.

"Winner...? No, Lerna-san, I think it's clear this would be a total victory for you. You're stronger, faster, and nothing I can do can even sway the scales in my favor..." If this were a real battle, one she could not call off by asking nicely, Mizu believed no matter how she struggled she could not win a war of attrition with this woman. For someone like her who always struggled in tests of endurance this was the ultimate mismatch...and for this reason she gripped her weapon tighter than ever and stared at Lerna with laser-focused resolve "I do not know what you are truly capable of, Lerna-san...but I ask that you do not take it easy on me! If I am to lose I want to lose having done my best! Please, give it your all!"

Continuing, Mizu spoke after observing Lerna take an aggressive stance "You say Shinigami magic is not one of your strengths, and in return I must admit close quarters combat is not one of mine. But I do have one way of dealing with it..." At this Mizu raised her Zanpakuto and slid her other hand across it's flat edge before shouting her release phrase ...Crystallize, Shousenmaru!!". This caused a release of spiritual pressure and her sword to shatter into many shards of violet crystals which scattered across the ground around her. With only a handle remaining of her weapon Mizu readied herself to take her opponent on with everything she could muster.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:57 pm
8 - Another Day Another Division [Lerna, Mizu] - Page 2 HEADER_63081779_p0

Oh?
Lerna couldn't help the amused smirk that spread across her face as she listened to Mizu's insisting tone. Tch~ How ballsy. But also the girl at least seemed aware of the matchup. To ... some small extent. There was, in fact, a very large number of things that Mizu could likely do to impede her. Especially with the more powerful side of Kido. But she couldn't help but admire the gusto with which Mizu drew her blade and released her Zanpaku'to. A nice, wide smile spreading across her face. "Eh? That's a little bit much. How am I supposed to deal with determination like that??" She shook her head and sighed. She couldn't just IGNORE guts like that. Tch, she could just go with burning. But then again, she really didn't wanna see the girl all burnt up. Or rather, she didn't want any of the spectators seeing that. Nope, seemed she was gona have to go with Yowaseruhime for this one.

"Well, if you're gonna release." She murmured, promptly bringing her zanpaku'to to her lips and gently licking the fluid along it's blade. As her spiritual pressure spiked, it made a sound like the hissing of snakes as her body began to glisten. Not from anything shiny, but because she was suddenly drenched. Alcohol shedding from the pores in her skin as her hair slowly matted down. In the very next instant, she closed the distance between herself and Mizu with a Shunpo, Slashing down with her weapon in a powerful overhead swing that would cause the sand beneath Mizu to crater from the impact. Ånd as she moved, that sake would fling from her body, splashing all around her and starting to aerosolize. Not just where it landed, but in the air around where it did, the smell of STRONG sake would fill the air, and start to get Mizu drunk if it made contact or was inhaled. Not exactly a very fair ability to be using in a normal spar after all.

Immediately following the downward slash, Lerna puffed her cheeks, that sake filling her mouth before she promptly let out a TSSSST! Spitting a spray of Sake toward Mizu. It wouldn't put the woman down immediately, but it would be a hard drunk sensation. Loss of coordination, focus, blurring the senses, it also had a tendency to make people very suggestible. All the ins and outs of getting fuckfaced without actually having to drink a drop. Lerna knew all too well how helpless it could make people. She certainly was curious to see how Mizu would deal with the threat.
Paradigm
Paradigm
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:46 am

MORIKAWA MIZU

Even though Lerna spoke with a half-teasing inflection Mizu took her words at face value and appreciated the compliment of her determination. Through all her struggles lagging behind her peers, the one thing she could rely on was her own force of will and wanting to be better, even if it only ever led to slow, lukewarm results. If she could show off her resolve to this woman then the results of this spar were irrelevant. After all, for Morikawa Mizu the most important thing to a Shinigami is doing their best in all things.

Despite her mighty resolve Mizu shuddered for a moment when Lerna released her own Zanpakuto as she bore witness to the chasm between their power. Still, she knew as well as anyone that proper decision making and understanding how abilities match up can make up for a difference in strength. This was especially true for someone like Mizu who was almost always at a disadvantage in power. Have to see what her Shikai does... She focused on the sounds, sights, and scents of Lerna's Shikai and considered a few different possibilities as to what it could do before deciding to observe it's practical applications.

In the time it took for Lerna to close the gap between them Mizu reformed Shousenmaru's blade from her crystals and held it in front of her to block the former's attack. As usual Lerna's mighty strength threatened to break her guard almost immediately, but at least this time she could create a small platform of crystal beneath herself to steady her feet. Upon smelling what seemed to be sake Mizu worried her foe might be readying to light the area ablaze using the alcohol's flammability, if that is what it is.

When Lerna's cheeks puffed up Mizu guessed what she was planning to do and transformed her weapon's blade into a bigger shield of crystal to block the following torrent of alcohol. At this moment she started to feel a tingly sensation through her chest and head and realized what was happening "She's trying to inebriate me?![/i] Not wanting to remain on the defensive, and potentially get more drunk, Mizu moved her now-bladeless Zanpakuto and turned all remaining crystals littering the ground into tiny and sharp fragments modeled after Kuchiki Byakuya's Senbonzakura. She then raised her handle, causing all these fragments to burst from the ground in a torrent of crystal glass shards all around Lerna.

Using whatever opening she could Mizu flash stepped a short distance away and pulled her crystal shards towards her location, with the platform she'd used already at her feet. Because of her crystal's ability to keep her mind focused and mental-altering effects at bay, she knew she would have to keep at least a small amount near her at all times because of Lerna's inebriating ability. Through pants Mizu addressed her foe "Lerna-san...if I'm correct, your ability is to intoxicate your opponents..? What a unique and powerful ability! I'm afraid mine is a bit more mundane."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:46 am
8 - Another Day Another Division [Lerna, Mizu] - Page 2 HEADER_63081779_p0

Oh?
Lerna smiled a bit wider as she watched that crystal reforming into a blade. Well now wasn't that interesting? Even more, as she prepared to spit that crystaline structure fanned out, forming a big shield to block most of the steam, though the fumes still managed to begin permeating the air around them, a smile flashing across Lerna's face as Mizu darted back and swept her blade upward. Her brows raising just before that hail of slim ice blades suddenly swept upward, catching her a bit off guard as they promptly swept and sliced into her body, peppering her frame, but not penetrating thanks to the hard glassy armor on her body, a few cracks and crisk slithering across her frame, but nothing that compromised enough to let those blades penetrate her body.

"Whew! That's quite the attack you have there!" She pointed out, brushing the crystals from her body and humming. The armor was chipped, having had to thin it out to cover more of her body. Hm. She allowed that glassy Root Shell armor to slowly recede from the rest of her body, focusing on her arms as she then glanced back up at Mizu. Quirking a brow as the girl took a guess at her abilities. She smiled.

"Huh, that's an interesting theory. It'd be pretty pesky if that WERE my ability though, don't you think? Plenty of hollows like to give themselves nice tough armor, or speed about to dodge attacks. But get them a little wasted and they suddenly have all kinds of openings." She ventured, playfully neither confirming nor denying if that WAS the primary ability of her shikai.

She spun her zanpaku'to through her fingers, until finally she gripped the handle in reverse, the blade pointing behind her as she lowered her stance, readying herself for another attack. "So whatcha gonna do now? Think you can risk getting close enough to attack?" She taunted.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum