Name: Kisuke Urahara
Personality: Kisuke is generally a laid-back, jovial fellow, although he can be dead serious when the situation warrants it. Despite his carefree attitude, his speech is always polite, though it is sometimes sarcastic. He can also seem serious, but his tone doesn't seem so. Yoruichi Shihōin notes that he tends to go over the top with whatever he becomes passionate about. He once described himself as a "mere honest, handsome, perverted businessman."
Urahara can usually be found near the scene of an important event, most of the time when it's a bit too late, but will rarely step in to intervene, preferring to be in control from outside.He also likes building large underground training spaces in secret. He built the first one under the Sōkyoku hill in Soul Society with Yoruichi for their training, and created a second one under his shop in the mortal realm for a similar purpose
Appearance: Kisuke Urahara always wears traditional Japanese wooden sandals and a bucket hat, which has earned him the nickname "sandal-hat" ("Mr. Hat-and-Clogs"). He also wears a coat that bears some resemblance to a Shinigami captain's haori. When he was a captain, he wore a standard Shinigami uniform and also wore a long-sleeved captain's haori.
Kisuke has blond hair that goes down to a little bit above his eyes in the front and about the bottom of his ears in the back.
Zanpakutô Spirit: Benihime hasn't been really talked about all to much and not much is known about her.
Sealed Zanpakutô :
Shikai Description: In its shikai Benihime's blade becomes a bit wider than that of a sealed Zanpakutō and the hilt curves, adding a crimson ribbon and other elaborate decorations around it. Another notable fact is that Benihime is one of the few female Zanpaktuō, most of the Zanpaktuō shown are either male or do not have a specified gender.
Shikai Special Ability: It's abilities lie in the manipulation of blood, and it believed to possess multiple abilities, though the only known two are:
* Blood Mist Shield: Benihime's defensive ability forms an oval-shaped "blood mist shield" in front of Urahara. The barrier is able to block Ichigo's first use of his getsuga tenshō while only slightly eroding, after which Urahara comments that he would have lost an arm were it not for the shield.
* Benihime's offensive ability fires crimson-colored energy blasts. He is also shown to control these blasts, and can even change the intensity of thses blasts, as Urahara was easily able to cancel out the blast by the Espada Yammy by striking it head-on with this attack after he was able to study the amount of power it took to use it.. The energy blast is released with the verbal command "sing" (啼け, nake; can also mean "cry" in Japanese).
Release: "Awaken Benihime"
Bankai: Not yet revealed, but has been vaguely commented upon. Yoruichi comments that Urahara managed to learn bankai using the very same three day method he created. When Yasutora Sado comes to Urahara for training, he instead gives the task to Renji Abarai, remarking that Sado needs to face the strength of a bankai to improve. When Renji asks why Urahara, who also possesses one, does not train Sado himself, he states that his bankai is not fit for training others or lending power to them. This suggests that his Bankai is an instant-effect type or something that cannot be countered properly.
* Gikongan – More commonly known as Soul Candy, this item is an artificial soul in the form of a green ball of candy. When ingested, it forces the user's soul out of their body. The artificial soul then operates in a pre-programmed manner while inhabiting a body. Its name was changed to "Soul Candy" after its creation because the Shinigami Women Organization complained that the name gikongan wasn't cute.
* Tenshintai ("Divine Transfer Body") – This item is a vaguely human-shaped, man-sized doll used to forcibly materialize the spirit of a zanpakutō into the real world when stabbed by the zanpakutō. In doing so, the user can subjugate the spirit and attain the Bankai of their zanpakutō. The materialization lasts for about three days, after which the spirit reverts back into the doll that spawned it. Without this invention, achieving the bankai takes at least ten years, not to mention the many years of combat experience needed. This method, however, is very dangerous due to the fact that it forcibly materializes the zanpakutō's spirit. If used more than three times consecutively, it is possibly fatal to the user.
* Hōgyoku (Breakdown Sphere") – This item is a small orb that dissolves the boundary between a shinigami and a hollow. It can allow a shinigami to use hollow powers and vice-versa. As Sōsuke Aizen reveals to Orihime Inoue, continued use of the orb seems to weaken it.
* Variations of gigai (faux bodies) – Having experimented with gigai at length, Urahara has created at least two variations. The most notable one is an untraceable gigai which drains the user's spiritual power instead of restoring it, effectively making them human if used long enough. He also developed an inflatable gigai for use as a decoy in combat.
* Soul Burial: In addition, Urahara has also developed several novel techniques throughout the course of his research as the captain of the 12th Division, most notably the technique to bury matter within a soul and later remove it without any damage to the bearer. This was used by Aizen to remove the Orb of Distortion from Rukia.
Powers and Abilities:
Master Swordsmanship Specialist: Despite his appearance, Urahara is an extremely skilled fighter, using a combination of powerful attacks and cunning deceptions, and has been capable of toying with Yammy, an Espada-level Arrancar with nothing more than his shikai.
Master Scientist/Inventor: As the founder and former head of the Shinigami Research Institute, Urahara is a talented inventor and scientist, having created a number of devices or techniques to aid him in battle or otherwise.
Expert Hand-to-Hand Combatant: As the former corp commander of the Detention Unit of the Special Forces, he wasn't allowed to use weapons so he was required to become highly proficient in hand-to-hand combat.
Flash Steps Master: as a former member of the 2nd Division and Special Forces Urahara has an exceptional understanding of flash steps even being so fast that an opponent doesn't notice when he replaces himself with a portable gigai as a means of misdirection.
Garganta (黒腔（ガルガンタ): is how Hollows move to and from Hueco Mundo. Urahara has demonstrated the ability to use the technique. It literally tears open the dimensional fabric separating the worlds, revealing a tunnel of whirling, torrential energy that must be focused and solidified to create a discernible pathway.
History/Background: At an undefined point before he became a captain, Urahara lived at Yoruichi's mansion along with his future assistant, Tessai. He joined the Gotei 13 along with Yoruichi, and eventually became the third seat in the 2nd Division under her. As part of his duties, he also headed the Third Unit of the Special Forces, the Detention Unit. Sometime later Captain of the 12th Division at the time, Kirio Hikifune, was promoted to the Royal Guard or Zero Division. It was at this time that Captain Yoruichi Shihōin recommended that Kisuke become Hikifune's replacement. After his exam he became the new captain of the 12th Division of the Gotei 13. His lieutenant, inherited from the former captain, was Hiyori Sarugaki.
He later became the founder and the first president of the Shinigami Research Institute. Mayuri Kurotsuchi succeeded him in both positions after his exile.
Not long after becoming captain (at most a decade), Kisuke was framed for the hollowification of eight Shinigami (the future Vizard) and was officially exiled by Soul Society for conducting taboo experiments, deceiving colleagues, and causing grievous injury. Aizen states that Kisuke was exiled for creating an untraceable gigai which caused the spiritual power of the Shinigami inside it to deteriorate, eventually transforming them into humans; he creates ten such gigai to aid in the escape of himself, Tessai, and the eight vizard. Yoruichi helped him escape and ran away with him as well. He also seems to be an acquaintance of Isshin Kurosaki, Ichigo Kurosaki's father, and of Ryūken Ishida, Uryū Ishida's father.
Roleplay Sample: (Show us your stuff!)
- Willpower/Determination: Master
- Mental Deduction: Grand Master
- Pain Endurance:Adept
- Focus: Focus
- Durability: Advanced
- General Speed: Master
- Strength: Master
- Weapon Skill: Advanced
- Hoho: Advanced
- Kidō: Grand Master
- Zanjutsu: Master
- Hakuda: Advanced