Joined : 2012-04-19
¥ Yen : 82217528
Posts : 162
Karma : 0
|Subject Post 1Subject: Renji Abarai [APPROVED, 0-3++] Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:24 pm|| |
• Name: Renji Abarai
• Titles: The Gotei 13’s Red Pineapple of Death
• Gender: Male
• Appearance Age: 26
• Age: Unknown
• Affiliation/Rank: Gotei 13, Soul Society, Lieutenant of the 6th Division (I do want to apply for that Captain's spot if it is actually not taken)
• Appearance Description: Sporting long crimson red hair and brown eyes, Renji stands at 6 feet 2 inches and weighs in at 172 pounds and his hair is usually kept in a large widow-tail. His upper body is covered in tribal tattoos which have increased over his time in the Gotei, the first of which had started while he was still in the academy. These tattoos cover his entire back, much of his chest and forehead, and even his extremities. Renji hasn’t been seen wearing his lieutenant badge despite being the appropriate rank of it and he usually wears some expensive glasses over his forehead (Or a white bandana when he is saving). If Renji isn’t in his uniform then he usually wears a white kimono-like type night clothing and this sports a pink floral pattern with a dark grey sash around his waist.
• Appearance Picture:
• Personality: Renji’s personality can be quite dynamic compared to some of his peers, ranging from cocky and smug to disquieted and depressed after a major win or defeat, despite this however he has always shown himself to be very determined and a incredibly serious fighter when facing an actual threat to Soul Society, his Friends, or Himself. With Renji being willing to kill and die for what he believes in, he is an extremely dangerous person to fight against. He has been compared to Ichigo in his fighting style before because of this.
1. Spicy Foods
• History: Renji grew up in the 78th district of Rukongai, Inuzuri, with several other children. Having come to Soul Society alone, they helped each other to search for their families. One day, after stealing a jug of water, Renji and his friends were chased by a kama-wielding adult. Rukia tripped the adult and urged Renji's group to follow her to avoid losing the water. Rukia joined their group and they lived together as a family. They all hated Inuzuri and the people there. Renji disliked the fact that Rukia had spiritual power like he did. Ten years after Rukia joined their group, with all of their friends dead, Rukia proposed that they become Shinigami, which Renji agreed to do. As they were quite gifted with spiritual powers, they entered the Shinō Academy with ease, where they struggled to prove their worth among those from noble families. The night before the welcoming ceremony for the new students of the Academy, Renji slept in a tree, against Rukia’s advice. The following morning, he fell out of the tree and landed on a headstone where a startled Izuru Kira had been praying. Having scored amongst the highest grades in the entrance exam, Renji was admitted into the top class along with Izuru and Momo Hinamori.
Two months after entering the Academy, Renji scolded Rukia for still not fitting in and informed her that he was going to the Human World for field training to practice the Konsō for the first time. Whilst being briefed on the field trip by Shūhei Hisagi, Kanisawa and Aoga, Renji failed to recognize Shūhei, who was to lead the mission. Izuru explained to him that Hisagi was famous and a gifted student. Renji, Izuru and Momo were assigned to the same group. When Momo joined them, Renji kicked Izuru because of how he greeted her, saying that he should not let his emotions show so easily. While in the Human World, Renji remarked that Konsō was a lot easier than he had imagined. He then lost his temper with the constantly fidgeting Izuru and punched him. As Shūhei called an end to their field trip, the group was attacked by a Huge Hollow, which killed Kanisawa and Aoga. Shūhei ordered the group to retreat while he stayed to fight the Hollow. When a second Huge Hollow appeared, Momo stopped and questioned why they were running away. Renji reminded Momo that the Hollow had just killed two sixth year students. When Momo rushed back towards Shūhei, Renji and Izuru followed her and helped to block the second Hollow’s attack on him. When more Huge Hollows showed up, they were saved by the arrival of Fifth Division Captain Sōsuke Aizen and his lieutenant, Gin Ichimaru. When Momo wondered if they would ever become as strong as Aizen and Ichimaru, Renji laughed at the notion and insisted that captains and lieutenants were monsters.
Having passed an important exam, Renji rushed to find Rukia to tell her. However, when he found her, she was with several Shinigami, including Byakuya Kuchiki. As they left, Renji noted Byakuya’s power, causing him to wonder who he was. Renji asked what they wanted and congratulated Rukia when she told him that they want to have her adopted into the Kuchiki family, have her graduate immediately and assigned to the 13th Division. Rukia thanked him and left. Renji told himself that Rukia finally had a family and that he should stay out of it. After Rukia left, Renji trained every day in a bid to beat Byakuya, but he was unable to defeat him even once.
Renji graduated from the Shinō Academy in its 2,066th year and joined the Gotei 13, where he initially served under Aizen in the 5th Division, along with Izuru and Momo. The rebellious Renji, however, was moved to the 11th Division and rose to the rank of 6th Seat. During his time in the 11th Division, he befriended Ikkaku Madarame, to whom he revealed that he wanted to become stronger than Byakuya Kuchiki. Ikkaku taught Renji how to fight and Renji became aware that Ikkaku had a Bankai, and requested that he use it to train Renji. Forty years after Rukia’s adoption into the Kuchiki family, in mid-April, Momo and Izuru presented Renji with a letter stating that he was to be promoted to lieutenant of the 6th Division. He formally accepted Momo's words, which caused her to tell him not to be so uptight. Ikkaku told him that he was now a step closer to Byakuya and that his will had been strong for forty years, but now that he was a lieutenant, they should return to the type of relationship that they once shared. Izuru informed Renji that Rukia was leaving on a mission to the Human World that afternoon. When Momo urged him to hurry, Renji told her that he would wait until his promotion was made official a month later, and that when she returned, he would surprise her with it. On the 19th of July, Renji was sent alongside his captain to arrest Rukia and return her to Soul Society.
(Credit goes to the Bleach Wiki page for history)
• Reiatsu Color: Crimson Red (Similar to his hair)
• Zanpakutô Spirit Name: Zabimaru
• Zanpakutô Spirit Appearance: Zabimaru takes the appearance of something that resembles a homunculus-type creature. With most of his physical ‘structure’ being that of a monkey, his tail is actually that of a snake. Both Zabimaru’s monkey body and snake tail are completely white with Zabimaru’s left arm being covered in tribal-like tattoos.
• Inner World: Unknown
• Sealed Zanpakutô Appearance : In its sealed form, Zabimaru looks like the standard katana with a jagged design bronzed tsuba. Its handle and sheath are both red.
• Sealed Zanpakutô Abilities:
• Release: Hoero, Zabimaru
• Shikai Description: When released, Zabimaru’s blade is much wider as well as separated into 6 segmented blades when fully retracted. Each segment is larger than the one that comes before it with the end of each segment having a sharp spike going down about 3 inches at the smallest. While it starts at only 6 segments when fully retracted, Zabimaru can extend almost endlessly with a new segment being formed almost instantly as it extends out. These segments are connected with a stretchable thread, this causes Zabimaru to be more effective when used as a whip however thanks to Renji’s skilled swordsmanship, it can be effectively used as a sword. Its guard and hilt remain the same in Shikai and have no visible change. Because of its design, Zabimaru is the most difficult Shikai to master out of all the Gotei 13 Shikai’s.
• Shikai Abilities: Other than it’s whip-like innate ability, Once Zabimaru has been broken or separated Renji can execute an Omni-directional attack called Higa Zekko. Renji uses his Spiritual Pressure to levitate the broken or disconnected segments of Zabimaru and while extremely difficult to dodge this attack, once used, is damaging to Zabimaru to the point Renji cannot activate Shikai for an unspecified amount of time while it regenerates itself and this also leaves Renji defenseless.
• Bankai Description: When released, Sōō Zabimaru is the true form of Renji’s Zanpakutô. It’s far more compact than its earlier version and is predominately worn as opposed to before. Sporting a snake skull gauntlet on his right, this skull is surrounded at its base by a red fur cowl. Trailing up behind him on his right arm is a long bony tail that is comprised of a vertebra-like structure. The blade that protrudes from the snake skull can be used just as his Shikai and extended at will seemingly endlessly. There is a large cowl of light fur hangs down from his left shoulder and a pair of bone pauldrons are formed on his shoulders that form an armored collar. He also gains vertebra cords around his waist.
• Bankai Abilities:
Renji possesses three abilities while in Bankai, The first of which is called Hihiō, or Baboon King. When activated a large skeletal arm appears that follows and almost mimics the movement of his right arm. This arm has shown the clear ability of possessing enough strength to crush bones.
Renji’s second Bankai ability is called Orochiō, this isn’t as flashy or big as Hihiō, but when activated causes his bankai’s blade portion to transform into a larger serrated form.
Finally, Renji’s third Bankai ability, and his most powerful attack, is called Sōō Zabimaru, Zaga Teppō. Once Renji has impaled his opponent on his blade, He clenches his fist and a large jaw of spiritual energy forms behind him. These jaws then come forward and crush down on his opponent to form a large serpentine skull visage. This crushes his foe within its fangs and at the same time, Renji fires a blast of spiritual energy through his enemy. This attack is so powerful that, if allowed to go off, can incinerate his opponent completely.
• PhatomTech: (Does your character have a PhatomTech brain installed? If so, you'll be able to qualify for upgrade at the Cybermind or add other Cybernetic parts to your character to make them stronger. Click here for more information about Phantom Tech)
• Phantom Tech Abilities: (What can your character do with his or her's add-ons? This applies to any upgrades your character has gotten from places like The Cybermind as well.)
• Phantom Tech Powers: (This refers to things outside of Add-ons unlike Abilities. What Phantom Tech Powers are, in a sense, is basically what kind of power did your character gain from having a Cyberbrain? For example, Shadin Yuudeshi gained Imaginary Computation with his Cybernetic upgrades and has the ability to bring tangible things into existence with his computers Quantum Calculations.)
- Durability: Master
- General Speed: Master
- Strength: Master
- Weapon Skill: Master
- Hoho: Advanced
- Kidō: Beginner
- Zanjutsu: Master
- Hakuda: Adept
• Roleplay Sample: (Please show us how you role play by either posting a previous post from another site or creating a new one. We do this so we know your RP skill. If you already have an accepted, you need not do another RP sample)
Joined : 2010-06-03
¥ Yen : 2148292447
Posts : 15964
Karma : 192
Age : 24
Location : Purgatory
|Subject Post 2Subject: Re: Renji Abarai [APPROVED, 0-3++] Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:39 pm|| |
«-PREPARE TO BE REVIEWED-»
« Application Checklist »
• Let's Get Down To Business •
- Name [X]
- Appropriate Age [X]
- Gender [X]
- Appearance Present [X]
- Appearance Described in Appropriate Length OR Picture is Visible [X]
- Appearance is Not Claimed [X]
- 10 sentences for personality [X]
- History is of appropriate length [X]
- Powers are not Godmod/Overpowered [X]
- Powers are described reasonably enough [X]
- Application/RP Sample is not in First Person [X]
- Skills are not filled in (Omit if a Hollow)[X]
- RP Sample Present (Omit if this is not the first character) [X]
- RP Sample is 10 sentences [X]
« The Willsheet Checklist »
• And Comments/Fixes •
- Willpower/Determination: Master
- Mental Deduction: Advanced
- Pain Endurance: Master
- Focus: Advanced
- Comments/Notes: Approving this since I already cleared him to use this canon since he RP'd him before in the past
- Tier: 0-3++ [That's his Canon Listing Tier]
|Ｓᵃ ᶥ ᶦ ˣ ♚|
Joined : 2014-08-06
¥ Yen : 835584728
Posts : 2326
Karma : 10
Age : 22
Location : The Land of Canabu' (Canada)
|Subject Post 3Subject: Re: Renji Abarai [APPROVED, 0-3++] Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:51 am|| |
✖| Kuma Shock! |✚
┣▇▇▇═─ ▸ ☠ ◂ ─═▇▇▇┥
Unactive Cannon Due to Inactivity!