Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
JJ
JJ
Rower of Rock. And Souls.

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Shadows and Shikai [Henrex] Left_bar_bleue20650/20000Shadows and Shikai [Henrex] Empty_bar_bleue  (20650/20000)
Tiers:

Shadows and Shikai [Henrex] Empty Shadows and Shikai [Henrex]

Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:50 pm

I'm being serious here!

Captain of Stealth Corps

~K~u~r~o~O~k~a~m~i~

The wind that had been blowing all throughout the day had finally come to a halt. It was odd… the chirping of birds, the rustling of leaves… all of it mysteriously came to a halt. In its place, there was merely a deafening silence.

In the middle of the training field for the Covert Ops, two figures stood. One of them wore a Captain's Haori, draped over his form like a weight, pulling him down from every side. It looked a bit comical on his small shoulders… but one look at his face would erase all doubt about where that robe belonged.

Standing behind him was a man whose entire body was covered, looking out of place in the sunlight. The amount of fear that was coming out of his body was palpable. The sun's rays struck both of them, creating the shadows behind them that laid along the sand of the ground.

"… My Shikai…" The Captain slowly whispered, his right hand gripping onto the Haori. Turning around, the hand tugged, causing for the entire garment to leave his body. "I got it… over the grave of my Captain, Jenna…" His mouth spoke as he turned to face Henrex, his hands moving down as they gripped the Tantos on either side of his body.

"From cutting… myself… that sorrow…" Gently, Kuro's eyes closed. He gained dominion over every part of his body, from his breathing, to his heart rate, to the stillness of his own thoughts. "That… emotion…! That is… Shikai…! Kuro… no Inu.."

Kuro pulled on the dual swords, his dual Zanpakutō releasing from their prisons. They had already transformed with his intonation: Black ebony daggers appeared in each of his hands, the stealth uniform that he wore almost shining in the noonday sun. Perhaps it was not the correct time for this kind of trial. Perhaps it was because this was the time at which Kuro himself was the weakest. But even so…

"I'm going to graze every one of your vitals… and if I touch your heart… I'll paralyze you from the neck down."

Kuro's eyes gently glint, before his body vanished. His shadow, however… remained on the ground. Kuro himself appeared before Henrex, one dagger coming in from the front, aimed at the male's eyes, and the other coming in from the side, aiming for his kidneys. If the top dagger was successful, Kuro would graze the side of his face, creating a long line that would drip blood. If the lower dagger connected, he would slide the blade it along the kidney, just barely missing it but still causing a good bit of blood to spurt from the wound.

Kuro's body then hopped back, his eyes narrowing as his left dagger leapt over to his right hand, holding both of them by their hilts. His left arm, in the meantime, transformed completely, the digits elongating to several feet long, the arm seeming to lose its natural shape as it stretched and dug into the ground. The arm then grabbed harder, before pulling upwards as a cloud of dust was released into the air. Kuro's shadow, meanwhile… seemed to have disappeared…

Hello Darkness, My Old Friend

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
- Buddha
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Shadows and Shikai [Henrex] Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Shadows and Shikai [Henrex] Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Shadows and Shikai [Henrex] Empty Re: Shadows and Shikai [Henrex]

Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:34 pm
Henrex waited as Kuro mumbled to himself, he was saying something about his Shikai, and how he obtained it. Was he going to try the same thing to him? However he obtained his Shikai, he couldn't hear. He watched carefully as Kuro's hands went the short swords on his sides, in Japan, called "tantos". Henrex's own hand slowly went towards his own katana, at his, which seemed to trembling....what was Chiya's problem? Was he afraid of this guy? Nervous about him? Trying to warn him about something? Whatever the case, now was NOT the time. Henrex bit his lip underneath the scarf covering his face, which gently billowed in the wind. He was..unnerved. Kuro was....about to attack him! Henrex's eyes turned to shock as Kuro disappeared from sight, reappearing in front of him, one of the daggers aiming for his eye. The only thing that gave him the instinctive ability to dodge was his training, both here and in the World of the Living.

He leaned back, the edge of the dagger grazing the scarf, tearing it causing the wind to practically rip it off his face. He almost breathed a sigh of relief, before seeing the second threat. His reaction was too poor that time to counter good enough, with the blade gashing his side, earning merely a grunt of pain, and the shihakusho covering his body ripped, revealing a small section of his pale, marked body.

Henrex groaned in pain as a small trail of blood ran down his side, with the cold air of day shooting pain up and down his body from where his new cut originated. He gritted his teeth, trying his best to black it out. He ripped his Zanpakutō from the sheath at his side, with his spiritual energy surrounding him. A black, flame-like aura surrounded him, with the internal tang being a light purple. Henrex was angry now, not just from the pain, but from the sudden attack. It seems he was going to have to fight. He sighed and looked at Kuro, whose arm was changing. Oh boy. This can't be good.....

Henrex soon realized that he no longer had his scarf on him, and Kuro could see his face. He looked straight at him, his face calm, but winced in pain once the breeze hit. What would he think of him? Perhaps he should ask.

"So...this is your first time you've seen me...without all...this. This is why I seclude myself. The reason I isolate myself from others. What is your opinion?"
JJ
JJ

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Shadows and Shikai [Henrex] Left_bar_bleue20650/20000Shadows and Shikai [Henrex] Empty_bar_bleue  (20650/20000)
Tiers:

Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:06 am

I'm being serious here!

Captain of Stealth Corps

~K~u~r~o~O~k~a~m~i~

Kuro's deadly dance began, and it seemed that already blood had been drawn. As the blood dripped onto the ground, if Henrex could possibly be so astute, he would see the Shadows from beneath the crimson vitae fleeing, turning into a single line that slid along Kuro's blade and into his body. Man… this really… isn't enough… The Captain coldly meditated, though his eyes did catch the male's skin.

"...Really?" Kuro asked, his left hand slowly turning around as the palm opened, every digit rising into every direction. "...My opinion… doesn't matter. No one's does. No one… but yours." Kuro told him, his gaze intense. Kuro's left arm gently lowered back to his side, his eyes closing as he gently breathed in and out, shallowly. "...All hiding yourself away does… is prove that you're ashamed… nobody… absolutely nobody…!"

Kuro's tone shifted, leaving behind his void-like tone as some genuine emotion spilled into it. "Nobody but you can understand your pain!" With that declaration, Kuro's body launched forwards once again, kicks up of sand smashing into the air on either side of him, gouges appearing in the ground as it splashed all over Henrex's wound and eyes.

"Everything…" That word passed in front of Henrex's body as Kuro reappeared on his right side, his left hand thrusting forwards as he clenched the entirety of it around the male's right arm, trying to pin it to his body. "Everything… is in your head…" With those words, Kuro's right hand flashed, one dagger now held between his fingers as he slipped it forwards, attempting to stab into the male's ribcage, now aiming for his lungs.

Kuro's left arm then let go, his head turning around as he spun. His face could now be seen, with the other dagger in his teeth. This was, of course, for the counter attack. Kuro's teeth bit in tight, a black substance trailing from his mouth as a line of shadow appeared along the edge of his blade, capturing some of the blow…

But going a step farther as it erupted. Kuro's head was snapped back by the explosion, his left foot catching the ground as he vanished into another Hoho. Perhaps the male could tell, and perhaps not. Kuro was not using Shunpo, the art by which one could attack while using Flash Step. He was only transporting himself, before making his individual blows.

Finally, Kuro appeared directly in front of the male, his left arm shooting into the air as Kuro moved his entire form to the side. The claws came down painfully, strange ripples of force emanating from them in a way that would make standing up straight much more difficult for Henrex while he was blocking this attack, if he chose to block it. Meanwhile, the attack itself would likely tear into the skin, but not very deeply. More to set Henrex off balance than anything else.

However, should he be knocked off balance…

Out of the ground behind him, a series of spikes emerged from the ground, roughly two feet in length, enough to catch his entire body if he fell into them.

More likely than not, Kuro would only catch the male's legs. However, even that would be enough to make movement more difficult. If his entire body fell into them, his back would be badly ripped, but they would not be very sturdy, and break just after piercing the skin.

Kuro, meanwhile, continued to step forwards, his eyes remaining on the male before him. "I doubt you'll ever have your Shikai with your body covered like that." The statement was fingers, concise, to the point. Kuro's left hand slowly opened and closed its fingers, as if in reflection of the inner workings of his mind. "...Dust in your eyes… restraining your body… Shocking you into falling into a trap… going for your eyes while also going for your vitals… This… is what it means to be a member of the Stealth Corps. We are the darkness… that allows for the light to exist. We are the bearers of the cross… the cross of dishonor. To accept ourselves… to accept what we do… is the only way for your comrades to ever trust you…" Kuro told the man before him, his voice soft but clear. It still cracked in awkward places, as if it were not often used… especially this much… but it was very determined.

I've Come to... Speak With You, Again.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
- Buddha
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Shadows and Shikai [Henrex] Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Shadows and Shikai [Henrex] Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:36 pm
His opinion didn't matter? Hm. It seems he didn't care. It just proved he was nobody? He face turned the slightest sad from that remark, but was quickly squashed by his rising rage. He watched as he kicked outward, sending dust flying to him, which he covered his eyes, and his wound, sliding back. He would have to try better than that. "Pathetic!" he yelled out, his hand gripping tighter on his sword, but then he moved his hand from his eyes, seeing that Kuro was now gripping tight as hell on his right arm. He clenched his teeth, then saw the dagger aiming for his ribs. Henrex used his still free left arm to twist his sword backwards, with the flat of the blade blocking the tip of the deadly dagger. His eyes showed no mercy this time. Henrex was going to fight back now. He slammed the pommel of his Zanpakutō into his chest, but it missed, with his arm moving too far to the left, and he watched in shock as Kuro's head turned, revealing the other dagger clamped within his teeth, a black substance coursing along it.

He tried twisting his sword up to block it, but then Kuro's head snapped back, and he vanished. He gripped his sword with both hands this time, before he saw Kuro appear in front of him, raking his clawed arm down his side, not enough to do major damage, but enough to make a cut, and to cause a lot of pain. He yelled in pain, then slashed downward, aiming to make him retreat and put some distance between them. He then muttered something under his breath, which was the phrase he needed to remove the seal on his back, which outspread a set of black wings, and he took flight, hovering in the air. Just in time to, as he just realized that there were spikes protruding from the ground now. He was getting dizzy, with his sight swirling and blurring. What...was that? He heard Kuro speak about his tactics, and how it was the way of the Stealth Force. If that was supposed to be how they assassinate people, oh ho ho....was he wrong. Henrex slowly lowered himself to the ground, with his eyes showing hatred, anger, and resentment.

"You think...that was the way of the "Stealth Force"? Would you like to know the real way to assassinate and kill? You don't play for time, or play with your target. You kill them with one strike. You don't play around with you target. You kill them, simple as that. Playing with your target is wasting valuable time. I understand that this is not a real fight, but in a REAL fight, when you are told to assassinate someone, you do it. You don't play around. You don't throw dust at their eyes or anything. You slice their throat open, you decapitate them, you kill them with one. Strike. That, is the true way of an assassin. Of a Stealth Force. Whether it be for recon, or for assassination, you don't play around."

Henrex wasn't telling him to do these things, but he was disappointed in one thing. Kuro seemed to have the mind of a ninja. If one were faced with open combat, and not assassination, they would perform these techniques that Kuro did. But what he said, about all that being the "way of the Stealth Force", that wasn't what Henrex believed. Of course, he could be wrong, but that was the way that he had been told about assassination. He glared at Kuro, he wings making him seem like an angel of darkness, and waited for his response, whether it be attacking him, or lecturing him...
JJ
JJ

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:06 pm

I'm being serious here!

Captain of Stealth Corps

~K~u~r~o~O~k~a~m~i~

”Is it…?” Kuro asked in reply when Henrex declared it pathetic. Kuro felt the jangling and halting force of the back of the male’s Zanpakutō, or what it appeared to be. Kuro then moved his body as he had planned, attacking with the tool in his mouth. As he attacked with his arm, the male’s sword came crashing down, smashing onto Kuro’s arm as a large noise was released.

Then, the male released the wings on his back. …What..? Kuro wondered to himself, a flash of confusion gracing his expression before dispersing, looking up at the male who had entered the air. Henrex’s eyes when he came back, however, appeared to hold emotions that were what Kuro had been searching to get out of the male.
”…But how many, Henrex…? How many times could… I have killed you… with any one of those tactics…?” Kuro asked him, gently turning one of the daggers in his right hand around. ”Not everything dies that fast… And not everything will die in one hit, either… just like this arm of mine.” Kuro said that vacant expression on his face as he showed Henrex the arm that had gotten slashed.

The blade had been unable to cut very deeply, leaving the flesh seared. The large arm had a wide gash in it, but it did not seem very deep. Furthermore… it seemed almost as if it were reforming gradually. New blood had already ceased its flow from the wound. ”…I’ve hunted… I’ve hunted…” Kuro’s voice seemed to waver, becoming very difficult to hear. ”As your prey grows stronger… You can’t kill in a single blow… You depend on crippling, on reducing, on being impossible to hit… That ideal… it’s not ‘playing around’… It’s ‘increasing odds’…” Kuro explained, the arm falling to his side as Kuro gently turned his head to the side, his left hand’s fingers slowly retreating back to their normal length.

The Shadow Captain’s left hand took one of the dagger’s back, before Kuro’s breathing stopped completely. He spoke once again, and this time his voice returned, but it was not… the same. ”…Wrong…? I’ve always been wrong… I guess…” Kuro’s hands gripped slightly tighter around the daggers, before… his left iris began to shine. A white ring appeared in its center, Kuro’s body turning slowly to the side. ”…Then… no words.. no more… just as I promised…”

Kuro’s eyes continued to close, as around his body… a peculiar white mantle formed. Out of his left arm, the white substance formed around him. It gently changed into a cloak, and around Kuro’s face a silver mask appeared. It was a mask of the Masquerade, and it covered the top of Kuro’s face, leaving only his hollow Iris showing out of it. Meanwhile, the dagger in his left hand had slowly changed… before it became a gun. ”…”

Kuro’s body then vanished. And when he reappeared, he was behind Henrex’s body. While he had been gone, however, he had slid past the man, performing an attack in his Hoho. A Shunpo completed. Likely, there would now be another cut on the man’s body, just above his right elbow. Meanwhile, Kuro’s body that had appeared behind him emotionlessly lifted up the weapon in his right hand, pointing it behind him.

Meanwhile, the dagger in his hand grew exponentially, turning into a Katana. Kuro fired the weapon behind him, creating a peculiar wave of energy that blasted him forwards. Kuro brought the weapon forwards and downwards, attempting to smash it into the male’s body like a meteor. Kuro’s body was slanted towards the man, his gun spinning around in his hand as Shadows surged inside of it. Gripping it with his pinky, Kuro pulled the trigger, sending a large Spike made out of shadow at the male’s waist.

Kuro’s body would then vanish once again, the white cloak he wore separating from him. It still held the gun, pointed at Henrex, slowly moving away from him. Three more spikes of shadow rocketed from the chamber, Kuro’s body reappearing in front of the man. The Shinigami’s left arm rocketed forwards, possessed with a peculiar speed. That speed was granted by the Disturbed Energies that permeated Kuro’s body, thanks to his Ziamichi. That same Ziamichi was currently residing in the cloak, laughing to itself as the spikes flew at their target. Kuro had appeared in front of him when Henrex tried to dodge, and that left hook went straight upwards, Kuro’s right arm also coming in from the side.

The long and short of it was that Kuro was trying to knock the male’s arms into the air. The blade in his other hand had returned to being a ‘simple’ dagger. A ‘simple’ dagger that was ‘simply’ moving towards the man’s ‘simple’ organs. This time, however, the target was the man’s stomach, and unlike the previous times, this blow was designed to actually go about an inch into the flesh. This would be the most painful attack Kuro had executed yet, and if the shadow spikes hit the man, they would make it even more difficult to focus on the Captain.
For his part, Kuro stared at the man behind his mask, and if uninterrupted he would heft up that left arm, before bringing it crashing down on Henrex’s body. ”Run… Keep running… Or else you’ll die, tiny raven…” Kuro told him as his body nimbly left off of a plate of Reiatsu, using his center of gravity to flip over to where the cloak was. The cloak automatically reattached itself to its host, draping over his entire body as Kuro stood there, looking at the man from above.

”Come on… you can fly away, far away… And if you don’t… I’ll kill you where you stand... Don’t you get that… yet…? I’m not your Captain, or anything, now… Right now… I’m the most threatening thing to you continuing to draw breath through your lungs..!” Kuro informed the man, though all the emotion had gone completely out of his voice. Similarly, that deafening Killing Intent had returned… if Henrex did not know better, he might have thought that the being looking down on him was a hungry demon, not a Captain of the Gotei...

This Darkness I Can't Hide.

- Buddha
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:43 am
Henrex watched Kuro with a completely blank look, as if he couldn't care less that he donned now a cloak, and a strange mask. He was curious on what it was, but this was a fight, he wasn't going to ask something that ridiculous now. He looked at his hand, seeing the blade turn....into...a gun? How is that possible?! Henrex's eyes widened as he felt Kuro's presence slip past him, and stop behind him. He felt one of the weapons press against the back of his head, to which he responded with a strategy he was taught, favoring evasion and speed now, over attack and defense. He quickly recovered from his initial shock, using Shunpo to get behind him, then slammed his sword forward, aiming to stab him in the back.

Once he had done that, he took to the air again, spreading his wings and flying high, into where the sun would be, making his body seem like a silhouette, and making him hard to see. He hovered there for a short time, before descending, and Kuro appeared in front of him, with his left arm hitting him in the face, before his other arm struck him in the side. He was taken aback from this, and he flew away, staying in the air, trying to recover from the series of dizzying attacks made on him. He took a deep breath, only to be interrupted by the dagger from before heading towards his stomach. He didn't have time to react.

Henrex groaned in pain and then reeled his fist back, drawing all the strength he had in his current condition to try and punch Kuro square in the face. His breathing became heavy, and his vision blurred and spun. That last attack had really did a number on him. He didn't even see the next attack coming, with Kuro hefting his arm up, bringing it back down, hard on Henrex's body, which was just his right shoulder, but that still hurt. The blow forced Henrex's body to fly down to the ground, slamming a few feet into the earth, with dirt, gravel, and small bits of stone flying through the air from the harsh blow to Mother Nature's land. He slowly sat up, his entire body sore from this. He looked up, seeing Kuro Okami loom over him. He heard him say...he wasn't his Captain.

"....You're right. You aren't my Captain."

Henrex slowly stood, Zanpakutō in hand. His head faced the ground as he stood. Why should he look into this monster's eyes? He slowly began to rise up, all the way up to Kuro's level of height. He still refused to meet his eye. He pointed the blade of the sword away from himself, allowing the silver of the blade to shine brightly in the sunlight. He whispered under his breath, which seemed like a prayer.

"Chiya....please...let me unleash your power....to protect myself....and protect the ones I hold dear to me..."

He slowly looked up, his ragged, bleeding, bruised, and beaten body aching from even the simple act of moving. His eyes looked pained, sad, and desperate, as if his life depended on this last request to his Zanpakutō. His voice was so hoarse that he could only whisper the word that would hopefully, change the tide of this battle.

"....Dissolve....Chiya...."

Henrex looked at the blade, and for a little while, nothing happened. He sighed, figuring that the attempt to perform Shikai was futile. He lowered the blade, his eyes closing. His last hope...gone. He would probably die here...to the hands of a Shinigami....before he looked at the blade, which had turned purple, and began to spin away from the hilt, until the blade was gone. He had done it. He had achieved Shikai. This was only part of Chiya's true power! He smiled and looked down at the hilt.

"Thank you.....Chiya..."

Henrex looked up at Kuro, his face turning serious, then he pointed the hilt at him. He finally unlocked his Shikai. Time to turn the tides of battle....
JJ
JJ

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu May 26, 2016 5:57 pm

I'm being serious here!

Captain of Stealth Corps

~K~u~r~o~O~k~a~m~i~

Perhaps he should have inquired about the cloak which Kuro donned. After all, it was in no way the tool of a Shinigami. It was not even constructed with Reiatsu. It was constructed with something more… sinister. Something which would make the young male feel uncomfortable to simply gaze upon it. Kuro followed his movements, watching the Shinigami move fluidly away from his attack. Not bad, but…

Silently, Kuro's body shifted. Through his back the blade cut, slicing through the fabric directly where Kuro's ribs should be. However, out of the corner of his eye, Henrex would likely see… the edge of Kuro's torso. The cloak itself had shifted, changing locations along as Henrex's gaze had, making it seem as if Kuro had been swiveling to the side… but only his cloak had. Kuro himself had not moved...and while the sword cut along his side, creating a gash, it failed to cut very deep.

The punch that went for Kuro's face was met with the Captain's mask, the fist and Kuro's skull colliding in a way that would send shocking vibrations all over Henrex's body. Kuro watched the man descend, and the cloak he wore began to slowly spread outwards. This created a large shadow over where Henerx had fallen…

Kuro was silent at the man's words, his body standing in the air still. Kuro had completely control over his body and mind at this point… and that control was equivalent to silence. Right now, he made no noise, he moved not an inch. He was still as the grave.

It would seem he accomplished it… Kuro thought to himself, before wrapping the white cloak back around himself. Like that, it began to rapidly spin around his body, before he straightened out his back. At this motion, the cloak finally retreated, flowing back into Kuro's mask. At last, his right hand reached up, the gloves he had donned being absorbed as well before he removed it from his face. Behind that silver coating, his eyes could be seen once again, the scar above his left eye glowing fiercely against the shadows of his face.

"If that's how you want it…" Kuro stated, the mask itself cracking before turning into dust, the gun in his right hand changing back into a sword. "Then it's time to show…"

Kuro's body vanished, before reappearing on the ground in front of Henrex. A simple Hoho, performed sublimely. From there, Kuro's body vanished again, spinning around in a circle as both blades came at Henrex's front. The double slash would likely push the male back even if he blocked it. If he did not, he would find two lovely gashes on his body. One would be across his torso, and the other on his stomach. The one on his stomach, however, would be much more painful than that on his chest. Kuro's left arm, now a solid hand though black in color, twirled its blade around, Kuro's right foot reaching back as he looked Henrex square in the eyes.

"Kuro no Inu Style: Jaws of Shadow." With that subtle declaration, both blades slashed outwards, creating two more attacks against Henrex's chest. No longer was Kuro using shadow power or any other manner of attacks. "From monster, to man...A man… What is a man, to you…?" Kuro asked, his foot stepping back as he looked vacantly at Henrex. He was now fighting the male without any kind of gimmick, as a Shinigami. He would fight him with the skills that he had gained, without associating the extraordinary powers which accompanied them.

Now… Kuro would show him why he had the mantle of Captain.

But I Will Keep My Pride.

- Buddha
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu May 26, 2016 7:43 pm
The gun vanished. Henrex's eyes were on Kuro the entire time. His gun was now a sword. Henrex's fingers slowly gripped the sword tighter, and two attacks came. Both towards his front. A black wall erupted from the ground, solidifying in front of Henrex, which would block the first attack, but the second one shattered the barrier. Henrex tensed up, before leaping forward, before his eyes widened. Kuro...no Inu.....Dog....of Black Style? What the hell? Before he could comprehend the strange saying any further, his chest now had two more slashes. Both of them stung like hell. Blood seeped from the reddened skin that now formed on his body.

Henrex slid back, spreading his wings. He looked forward, staring at Kuro before the words reached him. What...is a man to him? Henrex's eyes diverted towards the ground, as he stood straight, with his head bowed to the ground. "A man......" He whispered, before his head rose. "A man.....is someone with a goal worth fighting for. A man is someone with their mind set on something. I am one of them. I have a goal of murdering the one who took EVERYTHING from me." Henrex finished, his eyes blank.

He slowly took two steps forward, before taking to the skies once more, raising his sword hilt above his head. As he did, black shadows flowed from the hilt, forming into a disc above his head, with the disc forming sharp ends on it. "....Shadow Vortex...." Henrex said, before swinging the hilt downwards, sending the disc flying towards Kuro. The disc would impact the ground, tearing the dirt and sending dirt flying everywhere. The disc would continue it's path, speeding towards Kuro at high speeds. As this was happening, Henrex would descend and slam the hilt of the sword in the ground, with three lines of spiritual shadows would trail on the ground, before black spikes would erupt from the ground.

These spikes would begin at the start of where the lines of shadows were, and would speed towards Kuro as well. These two attacks would be difficult to block both of them, but Kuro would most definitely be able to block at least one of them. Such was the skill of someone like Kuro. Henrex flicked his sword to one side, and shadows flowed out of the hilt again. These shadows would form a blade in replacement of the one that the sealed form sacrificed for activation of the Shikai. Henrex looked at Kuro, his eyes showing nothing...but emptiness. ".....Now...what?"
JJ
JJ

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue May 31, 2016 2:40 pm

I'm being serious here!

Captain of Stealth Corps

~K~u~r~o~O~k~a~m~i~

A wall of shadow… so he uses… darkness… The Captain thought to himself, his next two slashes reaching their target as vertical slashes appeared in the man's cloak. "...A goal…?" Kuro asked, as his weapon fell to his side. His attacking posture had released, and his guard was dropped…

It appeared as if he had been stunned by Henrex's words. It was fairly interesting to think that so soon after having unlocked his Shikai, that the young man could use any kind of abilities like he was now. Kuro, for his part, still was not yet moving. To him, it felt as if his mind was not able to properly… align thoughts.

YOU IDIOT!

Kuro's left arm suddenly whipped around, uppercutting Kuro's own chin as his head was knocked back, the fist still connecting as he was thrown straight upwards into the air, lifted off the ground. Blood spurt from his mouth; Kuro had bit into his tongue, as well as part of his lips. That stinging pain finally knocked the Captain out of his stupor, and his attention was diverted back to the matter at hand.

Finally, Kuro's composure had returned, and as the second stream of spikes approached him, both of his swords came together, the pain in his lips reminding him of the damage he had taken as the ferocity of the attack met his X shaped guard. "Now I ask you…"

Kuro said, the shadows that Henrex had created losing their form, the shadows of his spikes that had lain upon the ground shifting over to Kuro's body as his own spiritual energy gathered within his hands, gripping both of the swords as he looked directly at the male. "What good would killing him do?"

Kuro asked, before vanishing. His Shunpo resulted in his body appearing in front of Henrex once again, though both of his blades were in their sheathes. "There's much more you can do to a man than kill him." Kuro said, his right hand coming back as he tugged on the blade in its sheathe, causing it to whip out as he grabbed it with his other hand. He was spinning around now, making it difficult for Henrex to see where he was coming from as the blade appeared at last, the shadows having spun around its length as it created a scythe. Even if Henrex deployed that barrier again, this scythe would come at him from the side, attempting to dig into his shoulder.

"Much worse you can do…" Those words contained the slightest hint of pain behind them, and if Henrex was able to notice… the smallest tear had begun to fall down the side of Kuro's face. "Taking that which he loves… Taking away those things which give his existence meaning…" Kuro's left hand pulled on the other blade now, both swords moving in unison as one as a horizontal slash went for Henrex's chest from Kuro's right hand, the left coming in for a thrust at Henrex's foot, attempting to pin him to the spot.

"Kill him…? Henrex… do you want vengeance… or Justice…?" Kuro asked, before turning his blade's around. A single line of shadow slid past his eye, creating a black mark on his face… and then a Shunpo was executed, twelve strikes with the back of his swords smashing into Henrex's body from every side. Two at his shoulders, one at his stomach, three at his legs, one at his face, and the last five as attacks on alternating sides of his torso. Kuro's arms did not move in wide swinging arcs; massive pressure was placed on his wrists and elbows as he forced his momentum to stop after each blow, attempting to leave Henrex's body with bruises and make it more difficult to move.

At last, the Captain took a step back, both of his blades moving in circles as he looked Henrex in the eye. "Because if it is vengeance… Then stop. There.. Are things… which you cannot take vengeance upon…" Kuro said very softly, the muscles in his arms relaxing again. "Listen."

Kuro's tone had finally changed, though the words seemed to strain him, his eyes darting about. "I can… train you… But… I'm not a man. Not by your standards… I have nowhere to go. The darkness… I fell into it… I… know that… looking at you now… No. Don't go down that path...seek justice. Seek an actual honor for everything you lost. Because… you're lucky enough to know your enemy. You're lucky…" Kuro slowly turned his head towards the sky, and as he did so, another tear slid down his cheek. He was still able to breathe and speak normally… and did not even seem to see them himself.

"You are a man. You have the freedom of a man. So you can choose that… You are able to… have that power…" At last, Kuro's gaze moved back to the male, and the grips on his hilts slowly moved to the side. Kuro did not know what else to say. For some reason, that had felt… right. Internally, it felt like something had snapped within the male. A storm was going around inside of his head… and it was possible that the small rivulets that had escaped his eyes would become a river...

Even If It's All I Am.

- Buddha
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue May 31, 2016 7:36 pm
Henrex's eyes widened. Kuro....attacked...himself? His arm had impacted himself, and Henrex could even see his mouth dripping a small amount of blood. He was shocked. He quickly regained his composure, though, as Kuro vanished after he asked a question. What would...killing...him do? There were multiple answers to this. "....To finally allow my father, my sister, and my master to rest in peace." He said, before, at first gripping his sword tighter from seeing Kuro's Shunpo, but then realized he was in front of him still. He then said...that there was more he could do besides kill him. Henrex was aware of this.

But...something was off about Kuro's speech. He could feel...pain. He feel sadness....loneliness....loss....all of this, coming from....his voice. His eyes. All of these...were emitting nothing but pain. Henrex could feel it. As he whipped the blade out of the sheath, Henrex readied his sword...only to see the the weapon was now a scythe. He didn't have time to block it. The large weapon impaled his left shoulder, as Henrex grit his teeth. The attack sent pain flaring up and down his arm. Henrex looked at Kuro and was surprised to see what he just did. A tear. A tear that caused Henrex to drop his guard. His heart went out to Kuro. He could feel his pain.

His guard lowered. That was his mistake.

A slash hit his chest. Horizontal. The other pinned his foot to the ground. Henrex grunted in pain as the blade dug into his foot, then deep into the earth. He couldn't move. No matter what he tried, his foot wouldn't move. He desperately tried to yank his foot free, but to no avail. Damn! He then heard another question. Vengeance....or Justice? The question....confused him. He...didn't even know what it was now. His thoughts were swiftly interrupted by the hits that Kuro executed. Each one hit with such extreme precision. They weren't cutting him, but they were making multiple bruises on him, before it stopped.

His entire body screamed in pain. His breathing was shaky.

Henrex's eyes squeezed shut to try and block out the pain. But then...he heard Kuro's voice....soften. His eyes closed. Henrex then slowly stepped forward. He opened his eyes. He looked at Kuro Okami, with his eyes dark. "....I'm not lucky to know my enemy. It makes it worse. Dokugan Ryu....do you know what that name means? It means...Dragon Eye." Henrex said, before his gaze averted to the ground. "That....ninja....killed them. He burned them....and me....I was burned alive. I had to watch as my master was slaughtered in front of my eyes. Me wanting to kill him...isn't going to bring them back. It doesn't make me a person. It just makes me blind." He whispered, before he reached forward...and hugged his captain.

He patted his back. It wasn't long before breaking the hug that he would then bow to Kuro. He face would then break out into the smallest of smiles. He then rose, and his voice was quiet, but strong.

"....You ARE a man, Kuro. I know you've lost something. Someone or something so important to you, that losing it has shattered you. I know the look in someone's eyes. You have a goal, and you might not even consider or realize it. Your goal is to get stronger so you never lose someone like that again. And that, Kuro....is more than enough. You DO have somewhere to go. Forward. You have to keep going forward, no matter what. The drive to take down my family's killer has kept me going. I will continue to get stronger. No matter what it takes. Henrex said, before he outstretched his hand. "Kuro Okami. I promise you, I will train as hard as I can. I will make you proud. You...are truly my Captain."
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum