Bleach Platinum Hearts RP [Active Since June 3rd, 2010]
Welcome to Bleach Platinum Hearts RP! This is a Bleach Role Playing Forum set in the year 2416, over 400 years away from the Original Bleach's timeline. It has elements of both canon and custom for a unique mixture of role playing never seen before on Bleach. To get started, please sign up and read our starter guide:

http://www.platinumhearts.net/t13634-bleach-platinum-hearts-starter-s-guide

And again, welcome to our Bleach RP.

Bleach Platinum Hearts RP [Active Since June 3rd, 2010]

This is a Bleach Role Playing Forum set in the year 2417, over 400 years after the original Bleach Storyline. Join our Bleach RP today

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
'Yo, Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find an assortment of Site News. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member Of The Year: Henrex --- Character Of The Year: Arianda Vael & Mana Asthavon & Niflheim P.--- Fight Thread Of The Year: Sector J [OPERATION MOON MASSACRE] & Divine Punishment [OPERATION MOON MASSACRE] --- Most Inventive Character Of The Year: Liu Xinshen & Kamui Cruor --- Most Helpful Character Of The Year: Cirno Iramasha & Azure Iramasha --- Most Proactive Member Of The Year: Morph --- Most Influential Character Of The Year: Mana Asthavon --- Most Creative Power Of The Year: Liu Xinshen [App Powers] --- Most Improved Character Of The Year: Ibiki Suika/Kenpachi & Desmond Hayden & Henrex Astillon --- Most Pivotal Thread Of The Year: Divine Punishment [OPERATION MOON MASSACRE] & Formation Of The Iron Banner & An End To The Madness
STAFF
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Rules

Help Center

Quick-Links

Race Specs

Templates

Organizations

Latest topics
» Darkfunnel's face reserves/Claims
Today at 1:26 am by Rawk

» If it looks like a cat and it meows, it's a woman. [Private | Aiko]
Today at 12:01 am by Gamma

» Reunion
Yesterday at 11:08 pm by Cooking Spray

» A Regular Check-Up [Private]
Yesterday at 10:40 pm by SerenityVerdant

» Tea Parlors and Policies[Shio/Aiko]
Yesterday at 10:23 pm by Cooking Spray

» A whole new world
Yesterday at 10:12 pm by Haru Ryuu

» Welles des Urteils
Yesterday at 8:07 pm by Cooking Spray

» Shinsui Unabara (done_
Yesterday at 8:00 pm by Forsaken Crow

» A Requiem for Phantoms
Yesterday at 5:59 pm by Forsaken Crow

» Ginto Sphere: Vermillion
Yesterday at 5:23 pm by Cooking Spray

Top posters
[THEFROST]

JJ

Hydræ

Chao

Pockeh

Tsubine

Forsaken Crow

Kade

Sᵃ ᶥ ᶦ ˣ ♚

Blade

Statistics
We have 2504 registered users
The newest registered user is Speakachu

Our users have posted a total of 117800 messages in 17917 subjects
Top posting users this week
SerenityVerdant

Yaksha

Tsubine

Rawk

Cooking Spray

Henrex

Angry Charmander

RyuzakiSaitō

darkfunnel

Mirja Eeola

Discord App
Share | 

Should We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Make a choice
Yes
45%
 45% [ 5 ]
No
55%
 55% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
[THEFROST]
Head Admin
Head Admin

OTY

¥ Yen : 2148308347

Member Info
Awesome Bar:
999999/999999  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

Subject Post 1PostSubject: Should We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month]   Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:47 pm

«SHOULD WE BRING BACK SOTM'S?»

I'm gonna make this quick: the reason why this thread is being made is so the community can decide whether or not to bring back SOTM. I got a private message from someone today that got my ol' noggin thinking about this subject.

Feel free to drop your feedback and opinions below so we can better evalute things.

Last edited by [THEFROST] on Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.platinumhearts.net
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

¥ Yen : 224831787

Member Info
Awesome Bar:
400849/999999  (400849/999999)
Tiers:

Subject Post 2PostSubject: Re: Should We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month]   Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:51 pm

With enough staff to allow for a proper contest, I feel it will be good to have it back.

Albiet a contest super bias because Frost is going to win all of them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gamma
The Atomic Bomb

¥ Yen : 151451386

Member Info
Awesome Bar:
246800/999999  (246800/999999)
Tiers:

Subject Post 3PostSubject: Re: Should We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month]   Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:52 pm

I vote no. There is the reason that it removes the staff from member of the month, it doesn't seem necessary to make STOM since you can just nominate them as Members of the Month and it doesn't segregate them. I remember a while back last year I wanted to nominate Blade as MOTM for his activity and all the Azure stuff leading up to the Moon Massacre and during it but I couldn't since he was Staff, it splits them up and makes me feel you have to nominate a staff member for the staff duties they do, like being on the ball with modding stuff and not their actual site influence as a Role-playing member of the community.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tsubine
Ye Olde Guarde

¥ Yen : 349457298

Member Info
Awesome Bar:
3080/100  (3080/100)
Tiers:

Subject Post 4PostSubject: Re: Should We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month]   Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:53 pm

Honestly? Yeah, I think they should. This gives staff more of an incentive to be helpful and make a name for themselves through community and work. I understand that at one point there weren't enough staff to warrant it, but it's getting back to numbers I feel as though that these could be run without an automatic winner declared every month.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
[THEFROST]
Head Admin
Head Admin

OTY

Member Info
Awesome Bar:
Tiers:

Subject Post 5PostSubject: Re: Should We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month]   Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:54 pm

@Mirja Eeola wrote:
With enough staff to allow for a proper contest, I feel it will be good to have it back.

Albiet a contest super bias because Frost is going to win all of them.

I'm not able to be voted for in the SOTM.

@Gamma wrote:
I vote no. There is the reason that it removes the staff from member of the month, it doesn't seem necessary to make STOM since you can just nominate them as Members of the Month and it doesn't segregate them. I remember a while back last year I wanted to nominate Blade as MOTM for his activity and all the Azure stuff leading up to the Moon Massacre and during it but I couldn't since he was Staff, it splits them up and makes me feel you have to nominate a staff member for the staff duties they do, like being on the ball with modding stuff and not their actual site influence as a Role-playing member of the community.

What do you mean you couldn't because he was staff? That doesn't make sense sicne you could have just voted for him in SOTM instead of MOTM.

Back to top Go down
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

¥ Yen : 224831787

Member Info
Awesome Bar:
400849/999999  (400849/999999)
Tiers:

Subject Post 6PostSubject: Re: Should We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month]   Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:55 pm

Well then I change my vote!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SerenityVerdant

¥ Yen : 162949364

Member Info
Awesome Bar:
1570/100  (1570/100)
Tiers:

Subject Post 7PostSubject: Re: Should We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month]   Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:55 pm

I'm voting yes.

Having only been back a short time, there are things I've noticed with staff that is bothersome. I believe that bring back the SoTM will aid in making staff members realize that doing all of that work can be rewarded and push them to doing the work without having FCs and Apps sitting there for days. Right now, it's nothing more than "I do all of this work without pay." Everyone who does a good job should be acknowledged. Even if there aren't 10 staff members to choose from, those who are working for us deserve some sort of recognition.

However, I do not like the rule that if they are staff, they're not allowed to be voted for the MoTM. The reward for SoTM should be for staff work and aiding members, while MoTM should be character creation, role play, and having a strong presence among your peers. If there is an issue with someone winning SoTM and MoTM, there shouldn't be. If someone is working their ass of AND being a damn good member of the community, they deserve the extra reward.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gamma
The Atomic Bomb

¥ Yen : 151451386

Member Info
Awesome Bar:
246800/999999  (246800/999999)
Tiers:

Subject Post 8PostSubject: Re: Should We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month]   Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:58 pm

I could've nominated him for SOTM but it could just be me but that just makes it sound like it is for staff work and not actually because of his RPing. As Serenity just said:

I do not like the rule that if they are staff, they're not allowed to be voted for the MoTM. The reward for SoTM should be for staff work and aiding members, while MoTM should be character creation, role play, and having a strong presence among your peers.

When you say STOM I think of someone who has been busy keeping characters modded, things approved and making the site run smooth instead of their actual content and Role-Play on the site.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[THEFROST]
Head Admin
Head Admin

OTY

Member Info
Awesome Bar:
Tiers:

Subject Post 9PostSubject: Re: Should We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month]   Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:01 pm

If people want 'em able to be voted for both, I can make that happen. That's not a problem.

Back to top Go down
§aga
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream

s_e stuff
¥ Yen : 205825366

Member Info
Awesome Bar:
74095/100000  (74095/100000)
Tiers:

Subject Post 10PostSubject: Re: Should We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month]   Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:30 pm

incentive and recognition works in contrast. "You didn't do well enough so fuck you, you're not getting a vote." Of course it's not that serious because presumably staff is (and should) be more mature than to work for the sake of recognition and get butthurt when there isnt verbal acknowledgement in public standing. It works on a larger scale like with the other OTMs but that's because the pool of eligibility taken from is so large that the converse (being lack of recognition) is diluted significantly, and the nominees is simply exceptionally outstanding, as opposed to just doing their job appropriately with the rest failing to. After all, staff is a voluntary resoonsibility. Recognition and reward is encouraging, even if you're obligated to and expected to commit to staff work considering you joined staff, but with the small demographic it seems too disproportionate.

That and, how much incentive will it actually even bring? OTMs double as being a cool little event somewhat at the end of the month and encouraging people to play a part in the community instead of focusing solely on their plots and causing subgroups and tight circles in the scope of PH, staff being inevitably the biggest representation of this. That in kind, to go as far as to focus on this subgroup and start analysing the work distribution isn't only unnecessary, since again its pretty friggin small to be picking potentially 3 people out of 7 total, it as afofementioned does a lot to also pick out those who apparently aren't doing enough, which for a voluntary job such as staffing seems more disencouraging than incentivising. 60 hours nonstop acitivity and consciousness so I might not be writing things as coherently as I think. xd

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Should We Bring Back SOTM's? [Staff Of The Month]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next