Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Absentee
Absentee
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Candle in the Wind [Ryuzaki, Shio] Left_bar_bleue101000/99999999Candle in the Wind [Ryuzaki, Shio] Empty_bar_bleue  (101000/99999999)
Tiers:

Candle in the Wind [Ryuzaki, Shio] Empty Candle in the Wind [Ryuzaki, Shio]

Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:41 pm

Candle in the Wind [Ryuzaki, Shio] HguQXZm

Ryuzaki

Artist: Nujabes/Idst - Song: BattleCry - Word Count: 1259

Ryuzaki's sandals scraped against the rough terrain audibly as he made his way lazily through a rather abandoned area of Soul Society, at least for the time being. He looked down at his feet as he walked, something he often found himself doing when he became lost in thought. There hadn't been much to do lately but that wasn't such a bad thing, he did have his own reasons for being in Soul Society after all, even if he hadn't had a chance to get to them yet. Even as he thought this Ryuzaki found himself coming upon a strange scene. A tall, beautiful woman in an elegant red dress stood ahead of him, a few men were huddled around her, they seemed to speak in hushed whispers. Ryuzaki found himself, without giving it much thought, sneaking off to the side of them, so as to pry in the affairs of others, if only for a moment. A small wall stood to the right of the small group, and Ryuzaki made his way towards it, then stealthily propped himself against it and listened.

"Oh you idiots. I can't believe you've let them escape. How can I possibly explain this? We simply must recover him before this whole situation comes to light.

The woman in the red dress finished speaking to what appeared to be her servants and then straightened her dress, presumably preparing to leave. Ryuzaki couldn't contain his curiosity any longer, and so he sprung up from his hiding place, and made his way towards the woman nonchalantly.

I'm sorry Ms., I was sitting just over there and I couldn't help but overhear that you were having some sort of problem. Maybe I could help you out with whatever's going on.

The woman turned to Ryuzaki frowning and looked him up and down. After a time her frown became a small smile and she began to speak to him.

"Oh, I'm quite sure you could have helped overhearing,
but no matter now. You're a shinigami aren't you? You're not wearing that tell tale clothing but you've got that kind of air about you. Well the answer is yes, I do have a rather large problem. There's one other thing though. No one can know about it. Don't tell anyone you saw me here please, and if you do end up helping me don't tell anyone what you're doing or where you're going. Besides, if you do say anything I'll just deny it.

The woman seemed desperate. Ryuzaki knew that he should probably keep his nose out of this, but in the end his curiosity inevitably got the better of him. He really wanted to know what was going on with this woman.

Alright fine, I'll help you, and I won't say anything to anyone. Now would you mind telling me what exactly is it that you need help with?

The woman seemed once more reluctant, but after a moment she sighed. Walking over to and sitting on the wall Ryuzaki had previously been hiding behind she moved some hair out of her face and then addressed Ryuzaki once more.

"Very well then. I've lost someone very important to me. More than I've lost them, they've been kidnapped. I don't know who took him, but I do know that they've gone to earth, and that the man who took him was wearing a mask and had one missing hand. The left one, to be precise. I need this to be taken care of as soon as possible,
or things could get messy. Here's a picture of the person you're looking for.

She handed Ryuzaki a small picture and he took it carefully. Looking at it, the man in the photo appeared to be fairly young, with short black hair and brown eyes. Ryuzaki had never seen him before, but he looked slightly familiar, mostly because he had common features. Ryuzaki studied the photo for a few minutes, committing it to memory in case something were to happen to the photograph. It would be quite a task to track whoever this man was down. He had no information other than that they had gone to earth, and the general description of the kidnapper, as well as this picture. Truth be told, it wasn't much to go on. Ryuzaki sighed and put his hand to his forehead. He'd really gotten himself in deep with this one.

"Look, I know you said not to tell any one, but you really haven't given me much to work with. I don't think this is something one person can do, especially not me with the small amount of information you've given me and the fact that this isn't really the kind of thing I do every day. Perhaps if I told just one other person? Someone who knows what they're doing and seems trustworthy? It would make this mission at least somewhat feasible.

The woman seemed uncomfortable with the thought, biting her lip and looking down for a moment, but eventually she relented. Ryuzaki could tell that she'd given in before she even said anything, and that was certainly a relief. It truly seemed impossible to him that he'd have been able to locate this person in any reasonable amount of time on his own, but with someone who knew about this kind of thing, maybe it wouldn't be too difficult of a job after all.

"Alright fine, just one other person. You'll both be rewarded greatly if you manage to pull this off without alerting anyone to what's going on. Just return to this place on the night that you return and one of my men will find you. If you do happen to fail, or say anything about this to anyone else though...

"Yes, yes, I know. You'll deny any involvement. I'm not planning on saying anything to anyone else, I just can't do this alone. I'll make sure to find someone who can keep a secret.

Ryuzaki winked at the woman then turned and made his way back the way he'd came. He thought, as he walked towards the Seireitei, that he'd need to find someone who could help him, who wasn't too high up the chain of command, and who seemed trustworthy. Shouldn't be too hard right? He'd wandered a good distance out, so it took him around twenty minutes to make his way back to the hustle and bustle of the more populated areas. He approached the head quarters of the fifth division and made his way inside. Ryuzaki wasn't sure if he was allowed to be in here or not, but he'd been wondering what was inside for a while now so he chose to press his luck. There was nothing too impressive, and in fact he was just a bit disappointed, he'd expected something a little more... interesting. He saw several individuals working on different things but he wasn't quite sure who would be a good candidate. Maybe if he stuck around for a while someone would stick out. Actually, he'd heard of someone recently transferred here who also interested him. Maybe he could solve two mysteries at once. It was the best plan he had. The only plan he had really.

Coding in Template By:
[https://www.platinumhearts.net/u1
Yaksha
Yaksha
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Candle in the Wind [Ryuzaki, Shio] Left_bar_bleue156300/9999999Candle in the Wind [Ryuzaki, Shio] Empty_bar_bleue  (156300/9999999)
Tiers:

Candle in the Wind [Ryuzaki, Shio] Empty Re: Candle in the Wind [Ryuzaki, Shio]

Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:24 am
The division five barracks was bustling as ever, but with a lot of white noise. Background noise, the gist of which was incredibly meaningless in the long run. Shio couldn't help but feel that faint, gut-deep sense of disappointment again. That these were the people he was to call peer to himself. That he would be forced to keep company with people who went through their lives in such tiny ways, bumping into one another and countless obstacles, stumbling through the dark. Merely lucking onto the answers to their problems, after countless trials. Was that simply the way of things? To struggle and tear one's self apart, until the answer was thrown unto them from elsewhere? Until they were given a hand up by someone else?

It made sense, in a sick sort of way. It was the way of his peers to seek a sponsor; to wait, eagerly, for the day that someone in the world would recognize them, or take pity upon them. It was, in some way that could never be explained, a -sin- to wish for something better. To make the world you sought, rather than wait for it to be thrust upon you. Every attempt to push past boundaries, to show others that the only limits were self-imposed, met the same...resistance. As if they were comforted by self-imposed limits. As if they believed the only solution could come from outside.

And so here he stood, hands resting in his cloak, the same faint, pleased smile on his face. He did, on some odd level, enjoy the company. It was pleasant, knowing that he had managed to make -something- of the pain and struggle up to now. However small. Or perhaps that was just wishful thinking; his own way of playing party to the abuse he'd suffered up to now. He'd found it was incredibly easy to slip into the self-flagellating mindset. To pick up where they left off, and scourge himself of the undesirable thoughts.

But today, his gaze was drawn slowly, inexorably, towards one person who had just entered. He had a particular look on his face, an intent expression that said he was a man in need of something, a man looking for something. And anyone seeking a solution to a problem deserved help, no? It may well be he would never find it on his own. What was it Taroba had told him? To be the light that guided others towards the proper solution? And here was a place to start.

He approached, hands remaining in his pockets, as he nodded towards the newcomer.

"Can I help you with something?"
Absentee
Absentee
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Candle in the Wind [Ryuzaki, Shio] Left_bar_bleue101000/99999999Candle in the Wind [Ryuzaki, Shio] Empty_bar_bleue  (101000/99999999)
Tiers:

Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:49 pm

Ryuzaki

Artist: Nujabes/Idst - Song: BattleCry - Word Count: 457

Ryuzaki looked over at the man and marveled at his good luck. It hadn't taken long before he'd run in to exactly the person he was looking for. Things were looking good so far, he could only hope that his luck didn't run out too soon.

I'm Ryuzaki, Nice to meet you, and yes I do hope that you can help me. I already know who you are, I've heard a few stories about you. It'd be nice if we could talk about why I need your help somewhere a bit quieter though, I really can't think straight in here.

Ryuzaki certainly hoped he could convince Shio to come with him, it would be quite impossible to discuss the matter here without someone else over hearing. He scratched the back of his head slowly. If he failed in this step the whole plan would be ruined and he'd be out of luck. Not the best thought right at the moment. He also wondered if the rumors that he'd heard about this man were true. He was said to be an adept fighter, and a quick learner, but Ryuzaki's first impression based on his body language was that he was disinterested, perhaps bored. There would be more time for Ryuzaki to think about Shio later though, at the moment getting the help that he needed was his only goal. This was the moment of truth.

How about we head out back and I'll explain the whole thing from start to finish. Long story short, I've been tasked with something that is definitely out of my league, and I don't really know how I'm going to handle it, to be quite honest. I don't really have the correct skill set to accomplish this, and that's why I've come here.
I need help from one of you fine folks.

Ryuzaki had tried his best, now there was nothing left to do but to see how things played out. He scratched the top of his left foot with the bottom of his right, something he often did when he was nervous. Looking around he noticed that there was an exit on the other side of the room, away from most of the others shambling around performing their daily routine in the building. Ryuzaki thought for a moment, looking at the door, then he gestured towards it and began making his way over. Perhaps taking things into his own hands was more the way to go about this. As he reached the exit and placed his hand on the door knob, twisting it slightly, Ryuzaki looked over his shoulder, wondering if Shio had followed him.

Coding in Template By:
Yaksha
Yaksha
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Candle in the Wind [Ryuzaki, Shio] Left_bar_bleue156300/9999999Candle in the Wind [Ryuzaki, Shio] Empty_bar_bleue  (156300/9999999)
Tiers:

Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:46 am
Ryuzaki's words faded in and out, like a droning background noise, or a radio station filled with static. Shio couldn't make out the individual words at times, but what he did hear was clear enough; it was the same thing, over and over again. Those who would tell him, with that same expression, that they needed his help, and needed it urgently. With the same discretion. It would be five, perhaps ten minutes before he admitted what he 'needed' as such was a punching bag, someone to let out all of his frustrations and inadequacies on. Shio considered, for a few moments, simply slicing this man's nostril open. To fight back, for the first time. And yet, that itself felt like entirely the wrong thing to do at a moment like this.

He walked towards the exit, on legs that felt like there were stuffed with cotton. Even as his mind seemed to be filled with a maelstrom of negative thoughts and countless worries, his aura was completely calm, even soothing; there was a small bubble of fresh air around him that almost smelled like fresh pumpkin pie, or something similarly earthy, and spiced. Perhaps cider? It was hard to tell in the situation, particularly because it seemed to have no discernible source.

He pushed open the exit door, slipping through it, and then placing his hands behind his back. Suddenly, all of the humor and warmth had drained from his expression. He looked at Ryuzaki with a cold, hard apathy, something that made it seem like he was staring at a man begging for mercy in the wake of something horrible, or a child that had just done something that went beyond mere naughtiness. When he spoke, every word was precisely clipped, and came out with an icy finality.

"Once more. Can I help you?"
Absentee
Absentee
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:30 pm

Ryuzaki

Artist: Nujabes/Idst - Song: BattleCry - Word Count: 314

Ryuzaki noticed that Shio's attitude had become a bit more abrasive. Well, there was nothing to do about that. Glancing around quickly he made sure that there was no one within earshot, then reassured, began to speak.

"Alright, I won't beat around the bush. This morning I was taking a walk about 20 minutes out I met a woman in a red dress.
She seemed distressed so I stuck around for a while to see what exactly was going on. Long story short, I've been tasked with finding a missing person, kidnapped no less, and, for some reason that I've yet to discover, this is all to remain completely secret, and to be done as quickly as possible. That is made all the harder by the fact that the only clues I have to go on are a photo of the victims face, a description of the kidnapper, and the fact that they are somewhere on earth. Now,
I'm no professional but I do believe I'm qualified to say that this is no simple task. Quite frankly, I'm sure I won't be able to accomplish it on my own, but there could be lives at stake. That is why I've come."

Ryuzaki looked around once more, just to make sure that no one had managed to sneak up on them while he'd been telling Shio what had happened. As he did this he thought about why exactly he wasn't supposed to tell anyone else about this. The mission would most likely be considerably easier if he could ask for more assistance. But, considering that he had no idea what was actually going on, he'd keep his word to the woman in the red dress for now. He just hoped that it wouldn't turn out to be a mistake in the end.

Coding in Template By:
Yaksha
Yaksha
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:08 pm
Lives at stake. Utmost secret.

These words pounded at Shio's head more than anything else. His hand slipped towards his zanpakuto slowly, his expression bored, absolutely devoid of emotion as it crept towards the weapon. He idly wondered if he could get away with killing this man. Why not? Mirja had gotten away with murder as well, hadn't she? She'd confessed it to him, as if his own admission would change nothing. And now here was someone, coming to him about some supposed kidnapping, trying to appeal to his sense of heroism.

It all stank. It left him feeling like he was stuck under a microscope. And anyone who would pry this incessantly about a woman who had a missing acquaintance would almost certainly pry into his life, and his story. And that meant soon he'd be answering questions about why he had ended up where he was, and why he'd gone through this many transfers in this short a time. He clenched his fists, sizing up the shinigami in front of him, and then finally sighing.

"And what, precisely, is the precise skill set to accomplish a task like this? It sounds to me like it's not less inconsequential than tracking down a lost cat. What makes you think I'm any better suited to this task than you are?"

He looked back over his shoulder once more, thinking longingly of the people inside, waiting on him. A new division, and the same old tired problems. Could he just walk back in there, throw this man on the sacrifical fire, and watch him smolder, for what little peace and comfort it brought him? Could he walk back in there empty-handed, with a rueful smile on his face, and just tell them all it was a case of mistaken identity? No. Something told him it wouldn't be that simple.

"...I suppose we should start by speaking to the one who hired you, then. And find out if she knows anything about the motives behind this capture."

And, at the very least, Shio could throw him under the bus then. He could point out someone who would inform one person would inform countless others. Perhaps she'd even be willing to pay him some portion of the original proceeds to teach this man a lesson about not dragging others into unwanted concerns.

Sweetling, this child has committed no wrong. It costs you nothing to help him.

And just like that, Shio's poor mood fled, like a soap bubble that had popped. Of course it wasn't his fault, the things Shio had been though up to now. Why had that even been a question? Just because the man had tried to get him somewhere alone before talking? That was hardly suspicious behavior.

He began to rub at his forehead, as if a headache was beginning, and let out a small groan.

"I...right. Yes. Let's go speak to the client."
Absentee
Absentee
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:58 pm

Ryuzaki

Artist: Nujabes/Idst - Song: BattleCry - Word Count: 522

Ryuzaki studied Shio curiously, attempting to gauge his reaction. He couldn't tell exactly what the other was thinking or feeling, but he seemed to be barely listening. He wasn't certain, but he didn't think the other shinigami very much enjoyed his intrusion. He had no idea why, as for what reason could anyone prefer to stand around their headquarters than actually be out on a mission? Eventually Shio did respond however, and Ryuzaki listened calmly as he spoke.

"Oh, I don't know, tracking people down, digging up information. Isn't this the sort of thing you guys specialize in? Have I come to the wrong place?

Ryuzaki looked on as Shio glanced over his shoulder. He wondered what exactly was going through the others mind. Would he help, or had this been a waste of time after all? Finally he got his answer, and that settled it. They'd be tracking down the victim on earth, but first, to see the client. That was were the problems began.

"Well about that.. We're not supposed to know where she lives. She told me to meet her at the same place we met this morning and that her helpers would be waiting for me. I suppose we could make our way there and see if they're waiting around. Perhaps they've just been assigned to watch that spot in shifts. She could even still be there, as I got the feeling that the place I met her was where the actual crime occurred. But follow me and we'll find out when we get there."

Beginning to make his way towards the door once more, Ryuzaki stopped and glanced over at Shio quizzically. The other man had his hand pressed against his temple and as Ryuzaki looked over he suddenly groaned. He waited a moment, then asked,

"Feeling alright?"

A moment later however the other man seemed to be feeling fine, and so once more Ryuzaki made his way to the door. Traveling through the interior of the building he soon reached the main entrance, exited the building, and turned to head back the way he'd come from not too long ago. Glancing over his shoulder to make sure Shio was keeping up, he explained the location of the meeting grounds.

"It's straight down this road for about eight or nine minutes, then we make a right, the second left after that, and go straight until we get there. Shouldn't be much more than a twenty minute walk, so let's get started."

Flashing a closed lip smile Ryuzaki turned to face the road and retraced his earlier steps. Before too long they began approaching the open area he'd discovered this morning. There was only one path forward, with a small wall along one side that came up to about knee height. It was perfect for sitting on, but he didn't see many other uses.

"Well, this is basically the place. Now we look around, be that for clues or for the woman and her servants. Any ideas?"

Ryuzaki brought his hand up to scratch the back of his head as he finished speaking and looked around. Nothing immediately stuck out to him, so he waited to see if Shio had a plan.

Coding in Template By:
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum