Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down

Should the Sugiura be reset?

1 - 14%
5 - 71%
1 - 14%

Total Votes: 7

Anonymous

Sugiura Revamp Maybe Empty Sugiura Revamp Maybe

Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:24 pm
So I am wanting to sort of get an idea of things. I gather the realm is locked off and doesn't need to be opened. I just want to see where PH stands on them at the moment. Sort of gets a pulse for this to make sure if a revamp does happen. At least we are targeting what the people see as the issue. Like are the classes hard to understand, is the culture presented not interesting. Or just not your cup of tea, is there anything that can be done to make it so? These are sort of the questions I am pondering honestly.
Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Sugiura Revamp Maybe Left_bar_bleue74095/100000Sugiura Revamp Maybe Empty_bar_bleue  (74095/100000)
Tiers:

Sugiura Revamp Maybe Empty Re: Sugiura Revamp Maybe

Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:20 pm
I'd personally say no, they don't need a rework, though it could be personal bias since I was on the previous rework team and had characters relevant to their changes and what they were supposed to presently be. How I see it, though there are issues with the Sugiurans, they're not mechanical or issues with the race itself in terms of how they're built presently or historically.

The issues Sugiurans currently have are closer to what the Iramasha had after their revamp, just intensified. Iramashas weren't very inclusive in that they lived in a segmented realm, their attachment to the Soul King wasn't really as much of a thing or at least stressed, they became thematically and in objective more of a "watchers of the worlds", removing them culturally and in action ICly from the rest of the PHverse. Iramashas were also not very inclusive in that the information on their revamp was a lot, in bulk, and not the easiest thing to understand and digest. Sugiurans, at the moment, have that but tenfold.

Their information is dry but also very bulky, largely because there was a lot of effort to remove previous inconsistencies or insuffiencies with them, a lot of their parts catered to historical characters (which I actually like). That made them also not very inclusive, and though I like their cultural and historical background, presently on the site their whole thing was overt isolationism. They didn't interact with other people, races, organisations, or lands on the site IC, and had no intentions or incentives. That in turn gave no incentive to make one or interact with them, on top of the fact that their realm was cut-off, so while people don't visit the Iramasha Realm because they never have actual reason to, nobody visits the Sugiuran Realm because they literally can't.

IF Sugis were going to have any changes done to them after the WW4 events, I'd say the main parts to focus on is making their realm more accessible, their information more digestible, and their organisation and land more incentivising to interact with. Currently, even though the Iramasha also have issues of being inclusive or digestible, they at least have purpose outside of maintaining their own realm, and therefore incentive to interact with and for them to interact with the rest of the world.

Sugiura Revamp Maybe 8Bvy1N8

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Sugiura Revamp Maybe Left_bar_bleue0/0Sugiura Revamp Maybe Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:19 pm
As someone who has worked on them or been involved, and as the creator, I don't feel like sugiura are necessarily in need of a reset but they need a revamp because the current info for each sub-race(symbiotes) especially, are very confusing to understand(for me, at least). I just think they need a revamp/refresher and just something that works all around. I haven't made any of my sugiura chars yet because personally, I'm not too fond of the way they are as far as stuff pertaining toe the subc-races.a There rare other r things we have discussed and like Liltith said, their inclusion makes them difficult to fit into PH. They are also in need of a definitive idea of what their culture is for each of the nations/kingdoms as simply naming them east, west, north and south takes any potential for exploration or adventure. It literally all sounds like map directions. Beyond that, even if the sub-races aren't reset, redefine them as Tsubine once told me, that it feels like sugi are a catch all race again and i sort of understood that to an extent. Soldiers feel like shinigami, for example. For me, that's been my one thing. Refreshing how their powers work would be nice, as that as my plan before i quit due to a loss of creativity. Symbiote and magu are interestning but if things are being changed, i think everything should get touched up, at least. As their creator, I feel like they still have potential and some of the ideas crow has said to me in voice calls are very interesting. So, that be me opinion.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Sugiura Revamp Maybe Left_bar_bleue0/0Sugiura Revamp Maybe Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:03 am
Also not to double post or anything, but I also agree with Lilith in something she mentioned about the new history, which could use a little work because it has information of things that were never truly set in stone(I.e: Shimura dying, Misaiko being killed by Saeko, etc. etc. ) So History could use a rewrite and this is something you and me have talked about, but I think fully establishing what they are about and opening their realm or bringing it out into the open definitely provides the opportunity for plot or even forms of adventure for those who enter to inquire about how they operate.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum