Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Hell's Gamble [Mana/Yaksha] [WW4 Interlude] Left_bar_bleue99999/99999Hell's Gamble [Mana/Yaksha] [WW4 Interlude] Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)
Tiers:
https://www.platinumhearts.net

Hell's Gamble [Mana/Yaksha] [WW4 Interlude] Empty Hell's Gamble [Mana/Yaksha] [WW4 Interlude]

Wed May 22, 2019 12:09 pm

Hell's Gamble [Mana/Yaksha] [WW4 Interlude] 6EdIfMt

Song: Betty Fight Theme Amibent Mix - Word Count: N/A

What was a Queen to do when the world was otherwise turning to hell in a handbasket? Smile. Smile as the obstacle of chaos, destruction, and defeat could only usher in a stronger sense of rebuilt power in the future. How else could The Mad Queen sustain herself throughout the centuries? While many of her subjects were placed in a state of disarray with how World War Four was playing out, Mana herself was as content as could be as perhaps this was the kick they needed to sort their collective shit together and bring forth the brutality of the demon race for another day.

So as one of her organic clones marched forth into the depths of Las Vegas, the consciousness invested in this creature had only one thing in mind: follow-up on Ravana's will!

To the knowledge of The Queen, there was one which she was instructed to seek out in the depths of this state of turmoil who was befitting to take the throne of the previous Shadow Fall head. Having a name, face, and location of this individual; it was not hard to track down the range in which he may stay. All she needed to do was get his attention in some way or another. Hence, to that end, the woman merely let out a cackle from her mouth as she started to emit her demonic energy across the Vegas strip; prodding the likes of Yaksha to otherwise come out of hiding as the woman walked among the streets.

All the while, many in residents of the city were uncertain of whether or not to approach the woman. Even if the world was under siege of war, The Mad Queen was a threat on to herself even without the accompaniment of Shadow Fall. One would be a fool not to take into consideration she was a force of power which kept the delirious beast of demonic primal rage in check. So, to that end, many merely watched as this woman pranced along the Vegas Strip without a single care in the world.

She'd soon cease her movements, come to a pause in the middle of an interaction and look upwards into the air before pointing one index finger to the sky:

"If ya don't mind, ol' Ravan told me to seek ya out. So, if could be a dear and come on out I'd love to speak to ya, Yaksha~"

With those words echoed across the city, all that was left to do for her was wait, see what occurs and make the next steps to otherwise announce why Ravan's will forced her to come out here

Hell's Gamble [Mana/Yaksha] [WW4 Interlude] WVMWLOu
Yaksha
Yaksha
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Hell's Gamble [Mana/Yaksha] [WW4 Interlude] Left_bar_bleue156300/9999999Hell's Gamble [Mana/Yaksha] [WW4 Interlude] Empty_bar_bleue  (156300/9999999)
Tiers:

Hell's Gamble [Mana/Yaksha] [WW4 Interlude] Empty Re: Hell's Gamble [Mana/Yaksha] [WW4 Interlude]

Wed May 22, 2019 11:36 pm
"If I don't mind? Do you typically give people that kind of out? Did the citizens of America have the right to say 'sorry, no, demon overlords are a little too inconvenient'?"

The reply, though it gave the impression that its speaker was waking up from a restful nap, and still in the process of gaining their full mental faculties, still came almost instantly after Mana's laugh resonated across the streets of the city. Before the echoes had even faded, Yaksha's reply hung heavy in the air, seeming to dampen her own mad influence. He sounded frustrated, moreso than anything else; as if he were being imposed upon by someone who he deeply enjoyed the presence of, but didn't know how to speak his mind with.

There was a sound very much like the crinkling of an enormous curtain, and Yaksha swooped down from the sky, right in front of Mana. Though his entire face was hidden behind an alabaster mask of what looked almost like human fingernails, though his expression was completely unreadable, he nevertheless had taken the liberty of strapping a sleep mask over his eyes, glued ever so slightly to the back of his head. He had even had someone scribble an eye on each one, giving the impression that someone with a pair of very wide, extremely attentive eyes, was peeking out of his skull at all times. This was, of course, not at all the case. Yaksha hardly felt a need to use his own eyes anymore.

"Ravan Vespara is dead and gone. Let's both not fool ourselves into believing that Hell has any interest in funerals, or inheritance, or anything of that sort. He agreed to leave this city in my care because it was mildly less annoying than having to care for it himself. I have no intention of changing that arrangement at this point. I will stay out of your way, and offer no insult to you or your agents, what few remain."

He tilted his head first one way and then the other, a soft cracking sound not unlike the noise that one gets when stepping on ice that otherwise seemed extremely solid. And just like when one does step on that ice, a sudden frigid air rushed off of Yaksha, filling the space between them with furious silence. He waited in place in front of her, saying nothing at all. He just waited for her to speak her piece, silence bludgeoning at her breast like a morningstar, demanding she spit out her intentions and then let him get back to an otherwise restful day.

"You know, I expected a little more from the Mad Queen. Compared to some of the people I've met, you're merely slightly vexed. I'm beginning to understand why you didn't come here sooner. But let's rip off this bandage so we can get to the important part, why don't we? You're here to...most likely convince me that there's some particular reason that you're a preferable alternative to the dozens of other people who will almost certainly be scrambling to fill this vacuum in the upcoming weeks."
THEFROST
THEFROST
Head Admin
Head Admin
OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Hell's Gamble [Mana/Yaksha] [WW4 Interlude] Left_bar_bleue99999/99999Hell's Gamble [Mana/Yaksha] [WW4 Interlude] Empty_bar_bleue  (99999/99999)
Tiers:
https://www.platinumhearts.net

Hell's Gamble [Mana/Yaksha] [WW4 Interlude] Empty Re: Hell's Gamble [Mana/Yaksha] [WW4 Interlude]

Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:10 pm

Hell's Gamble [Mana/Yaksha] [WW4 Interlude] 6EdIfMt

Song: Never Enough - Word Count: N/A

There was a hard burst of jovial laughter which exited the pale lips of The Demon Queen. Remembering everything that she invested in this nation, it was hard to otherwise call it a sense of enslavement to her point of view. With the arrival of Shadow Fall the United States became a superpower once more in the world as their technology and magic increased their economy, heightened the quality of life, improved their defenses/security and gave those who desired a way out of this reality an option to indulge themselves entirely in realms of their own imagination. So, on that note, it was no different than any other invading force that had come upon these lands in the past.

"Did the Native Americans have an out by the European settlers that came upon these lands oh so many centuries ago?"

There was a nonchalant roll of the shoulders that was given by The Queen before she decided to continue with this train of thought.

"The cycle of life and death is one that will never cease until this existence is erased to zero. Those with the means n' resources to acquire power will take action to make that vision a reality. However, for those who lived under my rule, they had the choice to live like absolute kings so long as they did not oppose my order. I'm a selfish a Queen, but I'm not a dim one. To sustain the balance of power, one must be willing to give n' take n' it is why I do all that I can to make those who serve both me n' with me content the spoils n' riches of my realms."

With a wave of her fingers, the woman summoned forth a tall glass of gin n' tonic in her hands, took a hard drink and then slammed the glass against the ground as it burst into a ball of emerald fire with bats, eyeballs and thousands of miniature Mana's roaring through the ground before it all faded into the abyss. Today was one hell of a day for The Queen, so a little drink was needed to ease the rush of chaotic juices that were flowing into her body. It also allowed her time to otherwise hear a lot of what Yaksha was uttering when it came to the notion of not wanting to waste time or delude one another with the circumstances of their meeting.

"Whoever said I felt takin' this city away from ya'? Relax, dearie."

Then, just as soon as those words were uttered, The Demoness ripped off her right arm as a foul stench ripped across the planes; smelling as if the aroma of a million dead corpses filled the city. As emerald fluid bled forth from the nub on Mana's limb, she merely tossed the appendage at Yaksha as a symbolic gesture for what she was about to offer n' utter next.

"Ya' only just met me. I'm not one to unveil all of what I am on the first date, s'ug. I'm not that easy of a gal."

After having a few more moments to otherwise digest his words, Mana added on to that:

"n' thank ya for not being a kiss-ass. I can tell ya' speak yer mind n' I value that since so many people blow smoke up my ass, darlin'."

With a snicker uttered out in the world, the face of the Demon Queen soon shifted from that of a carefree spirit to the face of a more stern woman on the drop of a dime.

"Now, regardless of the title of being a Mad Queen or not, I have an offer for you. Ravan was my right hand, but for some reason or another there was a fondness toward you that I felt from his blood. So it is why I want to offer you a position as a throne in my lovely home in Shadow Fall. As I ain't here to convince ya to join me if there are better options for ya to pursue, but I'd rather ya' join of ya own free will since I have enough people that serve me out of convenience."

Those words were uttered with the utmost of certainty behind them as Mana believed every bit of the dialogue which spewed forth from her mouth. It would be a useless deal for the two of them if either was forced to perform an action out of necessity or external pressure; so she was merely interested if he were curious to see what this offer could lead to and would make sure to verbalize that.

"The world is shiftin' n' changin', so it would be a mutual benefit for the two of us to join forces. I ain't gonna' speak on yer behalf, but I figure ya' don't want to stay in this little hole for the rest of your life. Coming alongside me, workin' with me n' ingesting my essence into your being can help you to see a world beyond this city. Following me into the vast depths of demon world n' hell alike could perhaps awaken something yearin' in yer spirit that desires to come out of its imprisonment."

Following those words, the shimmering green blood which flowed from her arm started to form a circle around the depths of Yaksha. In this sphere did the sense of a warm power envelop him like the embrace of an infant against its mother bare bosom.

"Ya' can deny this gift if ya want, but it wouldn't hurt to offer something so sentimental to ya. Many in this world are passing the torch down to a new generation of beings, so I felt someone such as yourself could appreciate that offer. So the choice is ultimately in your hands with what path ya' want to take, so tell me what it will be, Yaksha~ "

Hell's Gamble [Mana/Yaksha] [WW4 Interlude] WVMWLOu
Yaksha
Yaksha
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Hell's Gamble [Mana/Yaksha] [WW4 Interlude] Left_bar_bleue156300/9999999Hell's Gamble [Mana/Yaksha] [WW4 Interlude] Empty_bar_bleue  (156300/9999999)
Tiers:

Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:34 pm
"You made my point ever so well, Mana. This was never a voluntary conversation, so your plays at politeness fall flat. You and I both know it isn't your style, to say things like 'if you don't mind'. Just...do what it is you do best, Mana. I'm confident by the end of the conversation you'll walk out of here feeling better for the time you invested."

And then came the theatrics, the dreaded theatrics that he -knew- were coming the moment that the name Mana came to mind. She drew out a glass from the air, filling it with alcohol with no more thought for where it came from or where it would go after she drank it than Yaksha gave to waggling a finger. He inhaled slightly, nostrils twitching at the almost-herbal scent of juniper wafting up from the glass. Gin and tonics? Mixed drinks were one thing, but of the countless options, why pick that one? Then again, this was the self-proclaimed Danava of Madness. Trying to find logic in her actions would inevitably drive one insane.

He reached out his own hand, one finger extended, drawing a bottle of cognac from his smoking room half a mile away, and balancing it there. He didn't bother uncorking it, simply staring at the amber contents with a look of deep longing concentration, as if to say he was going to drain the entire thing as soon as he was alone and had any time to let his guard down. For now, however, he simply...waited, for the pitch that he knew would be coming. Mana's argument was about as obvious as he had expected, although the ripping off of the arm felt a little overboard, and too symbolic for his tastes. He walked over towards it, giving a small sniff, and then setting it down on a nearby bench.

He glanced towards her, fingers gently tightening around the neck of the bottle, as he spoke the first word he had in almost three minutes, while looking at her. It carried with it far more nuance than one would normally expect, a dryness that seemed to imply any sort of explanation wouldn't be forthcoming, and an almost paternal sense of disappointment. He met Mana's gaze, a woman who had almost single-handedly turned the entire human world on its head, and chastised her ever so gently, while taking a few steps forward.

"Had."

He stood over her, hands folded behind his own back. His wings expanded outwards with a whooshing sound of displaced air, giving the impression that he had just grown ten times taller. Regality and poise was etched in every joint of his stance, like he had just become a monument to himself. He was every bit as immobile as a monument while he looked down at her, mind churning through every word she had said. He knew exactly what she meant, but it kept being jumbled up by the package it was presented in, that detestable need to keep herself moving in some histrionic whirlwind of motion, bringing all avenues back to her. He finally jerked a hand over his shoulder, in the general direction of the Atlantic ocean.

"Tunguska, Russia, is that direction. I doubt you've ever been there. I find it grotesquely fascinating to me. What secrets could I have learned if I were a fly on that wall? Roswell, New Mexico is not that far from here. The stories I could tell you about the city of lights would be enough to fill a novel, even from the era before you broke into this world and began ravaging it. You came here to make a sales pitch, and you did so without knowing even a single thing about the man you came to negotiate with. Did you know you're the third person in a month to knock on my door? One came with their hands outstretched, asking for a handout. One came with an ultimatum. And now you come, with a bill of goods."

He tapped a hand against his mask, tracing a path that could roughly have matched tear trails on most human faces. He said nothing else, simply letting the meaning of his words bludgeon Mana about the brain for a few moments; in his experience, it was usually best to give people a little bit of time to prime their brains before having a real conversation, and that often meant quite a lot of waiting. But for an immortal, waiting was an artform, honed to a razor's edge by the whetstone of time. He could've gladly gone an entire day following Mana around the city, without uttering another word.

"Are you, by chance, referring to my mask when you speak of my spirit's imprisonment? My hole? Do you seriously think that consuming -your- deleterious flesh would be the solution to my imprisonment? Find freedom in madness, that sort of thing? This may be a world of clowns, for clowns, but that doesn't change a thing. Even clowns need a ringleader."
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum