Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Woodcutter and the Tiger [Erchanhardt/Yugiri] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue16000/1The Woodcutter and the Tiger [Erchanhardt/Yugiri] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

The Woodcutter and the Tiger [Erchanhardt/Yugiri] - Page 3 Empty Re: The Woodcutter and the Tiger [Erchanhardt/Yugiri]

Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:06 am

The Woodcutter and the Tiger [Erchanhardt/Yugiri] - Page 3 5QDBZHO

Erchanhardt

Artist: Wagner - Song: Lohengrinn Overture

Erchanhardt did not mind Yugiri's questions. Far from it, in fact, he was rather glad to see her seem to take a bit more proactive a role in their conversation. She had seemed reserved against her own nature, and this was far more preferable.

"I live here alone, yes. My daughter lives abroad, and she and I are the only members of my family who remain."

He pondered what else he might say on that topic, as he would certainly elaborate if she so asked, but it was not a topic one simply put into a conversation without invitation.

"I have not had manservants in many years now. It did not feel right to simply keep any of my citizens in bondage in such a way. As their duke, it is my duty to serve them, and truth be told, I find that handling things myself is a wonderful way to remind myself of the little things in life."

Coding in Template By:
https://www.platinumhearts.net/u1
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Woodcutter and the Tiger [Erchanhardt/Yugiri] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue999999/999999The Woodcutter and the Tiger [Erchanhardt/Yugiri] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

The Woodcutter and the Tiger [Erchanhardt/Yugiri] - Page 3 Empty Re: The Woodcutter and the Tiger [Erchanhardt/Yugiri]

Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:19 am
The Woodcutter and the Tiger [Erchanhardt/Yugiri] - Page 3 Yugiri-header-template

Yugiri

"A daughter? What is she like?"

He did have the air of a father as far as she could tell.

When he brought up servants she seemed confused. But that was the purpose of it, they worked for the noble because the noble had the status. Where she was from this did not translate into doing what was good by the people.

Things really were weird down here.

"So you do everything?"

While she was reluctant to admit it she had been growing fond of the simplicities of working, there was no uptight nobles to deal with, she didn't have to be noble-like. For the first time in her life she could do anything she wanted and not feel like someone was criticising her actions.

END POST

The Woodcutter and the Tiger [Erchanhardt/Yugiri] - Page 3 Gamma_Signature
The Woodcutter and the Tiger [Erchanhardt/Yugiri] - Page 3 CHARACTER_LISTThe Woodcutter and the Tiger [Erchanhardt/Yugiri] - Page 3 GRAPHICS_THREADThe Woodcutter and the Tiger [Erchanhardt/Yugiri] - Page 3 TIMELINE_THREAD
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Woodcutter and the Tiger [Erchanhardt/Yugiri] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue16000/1The Woodcutter and the Tiger [Erchanhardt/Yugiri] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:26 am

Erchanhardt

"Ah, she is quite a headstrong girl. She has dreams she wishes to follow, and she has spent many a year doing so. But she is intelligent, very knowledgeable of right and wrong. I wish her well, though I have not spoken with her in some time now. I think it would be overbearing of me to intrude in her life."

Heading through the halls and past the lavish dining hall, Erchanhardt ultimately brought them to the kitchen, a surprisingly modern affair given the traditional architecture of the home, with a modest table to one side for both service and, presumably, for the workers the kitchen did not have.

"I do, yes, unless it would be impractical to do so. The yearly cleaning of the courtyard is something the whole of the town takes part in, though we make it into something of a festival. Everyone is already together, so it brings a wonderful sense of community to celebrate that."

Rolling up his sleeves, Erchanhardt began looking through the kitchenware for everything that he would need for this dinner. Typically, he made nothing more than a modest meal of meat, potatoes, and an assortment of whatever the seasonal harvest offered. Given he had company, however, more would be necessary.

"You may wait in the dining hall if you so wish, but I would certainly welcome your presence here in the kitchen. Company and conversation tends to lighten any activity, wouldn't you say?"

Coding in Template By:
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
The Woodcutter and the Tiger [Erchanhardt/Yugiri] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue999999/999999The Woodcutter and the Tiger [Erchanhardt/Yugiri] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:40 am
The Woodcutter and the Tiger [Erchanhardt/Yugiri] - Page 3 Yugiri-header-template

Yugiri

"She sounds nice. Maybe it'd be okay? She probably misses you too. I'm sure all good parents want to have a proactive part in their child's life."

Guess that just made her parents bad ones but she also felt a little awkward inserting words into this daughter's mouth when she had never met her.

"That sounds pretty fun..."

Way more fun than anything she had done. Despite everyone being a family they were very distant, she had rarely spoken to Kokoro up until recently and had very little to do with being close to any of her family. It made her go quiet while she thought about and regretted all the things she didn't do.

"Huh-... Oh, yes sir. I don't mind staying here- I mean it is nice."

She watched what he was doing, very intently like she had never cooked before, because she hadn't really. This was all knew.

END POST

The Woodcutter and the Tiger [Erchanhardt/Yugiri] - Page 3 CHARACTER_LISTThe Woodcutter and the Tiger [Erchanhardt/Yugiri] - Page 3 GRAPHICS_THREADThe Woodcutter and the Tiger [Erchanhardt/Yugiri] - Page 3 TIMELINE_THREAD
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:03 am

Erchanhardt

"Ah, perhaps, but if she wishes then she knows she is welcome here any time. I spent many years caring for her and raising her as best I could. At some point I must accept that she is an adult. She is, no matter what I have imparted, her own woman."

Smiling at Yugiri's interest in the activity, he noted to himself to keep an ear out for anything that might be in line for the town soon. Something told him she would appreciate if they just happened to stumble across it.

"Please, do not feel the need to be so formal. I will not be offended if you use my name, nor if you speak freely."

He got right to work on the dinner, pulling a few sausages from the rather immense refrigerator, alongside a bevy of vegetables and a small roast. Well, he had saved this gift from the townsfolk for a special occasion, but when did he ever have those? Into a large stone dutch oven they went, and in turn, the whole thing was put in to cook. Just for a short while, of course.

Coding in Template By:
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:11 am

Yugiri

"I see.."

She went back to thinking about her own thoughts but her eyes were of course still focused on the preparation of food as he prepared dinner. When he brought up the fact she could speak freely and call him by his name she gave an embarrassed smile and fidgeted with her fingers.

"Well sir... I don't mean to to offend by being so formal but... I'm worried I'll pronounce your name wrong."

Having heard it only once, fighting her accent wanting to slip back to normal really made her trying to avoid butchering his name and the idea of a nickname or shortening it would never cross her mind, although that was what Kokoro and Chidori seemed to do, much to her chagrin.

END POST

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:18 am

Erchanhardt

Pausing very briefly at that, Erchanhardt allowed himself a very short, but quite obviously earnest laugh. He supposed that was entirely fair on her end, wasn't it?

"My apologies, I suppose it is a rather antiquated name. Pronounce it however best suits you, Yugiri. I will never be offended by an honest effort."

Looking into the oven briefly, he decided it would be best to get more than just this one dish done. Certainly, it would be more than enough to feed them both. But it was nice, to cook for someone else.

Coding in Template By:
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:23 am

Yugiri

"Archenherdt..."

She said it and blushed. No that sounded absolutely wrong, she hated doing things wrong. Yugiri was the type that instead of having a go would observe something to go hide away and do it alone until she could do it perfectly but this was weird and embarrassing, despite it being only him.

"... Erchanher...tah"

END POST

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:27 am

Erchanhardt

"Take your time. There is no harm in allowing oneself a few mistakes in the course of learning."

Perhaps that was the one lesson Erchanhardt had learned most harshly, and most totally, in his life. The value of making mistakes, and of course, the responsibility one bore after making them.

He continued to work on the meal, slicing and dicing and preparing whatever was necessary, but his attention was still on Yugiri. It occurred to him, almost idly, that he had not imparted much in the way of earnest advice since Ada had left home. How...very strange.

Coding in Template By:
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:33 am

Yugiri

The name was more frustrating than she initially expected. Biting her lip after a few more goes with the odd one actually being very close to success but not close enough that Yugiri was satisfied and the mention of making mistakes made her stop and look down.

"...What if you make really bad mistakes Erchenhart?"

It was a genuine question, her experience with making mistakes was hardly ever done so in a learning capacity. If you made a mistake you create an issue for someone else to fix, and if it was unfixable? Well it was an issue for everyone else to deal with.

END POST

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum