Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
32 - Tips and Pointers [Private/Makoto] Left_bar_bleue74095/10000032 - Tips and Pointers [Private/Makoto] Empty_bar_bleue  (74095/100000)
Tiers:

32 - Tips and Pointers [Private/Makoto] Empty Tips and Pointers [Private/Makoto]

Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:16 am

LIANA UNOHANA

Today's lecture on kido was held outside in the training grounds. A group of a 100 or so graduated shinigami were gathered, all standing and forming a horse-shoe around Liana. The lecture had been going for around two hours now, and they were at the last legs. The only thing they were waiting for was their dismissal.

"To motivate those of you excited to continue learning Kido, next lecture's course will include more offensive kidous, such as these."

Chantlessly, Liana conjured a flare of energy burning up as fireball, then vanishing, before reappearing in a different location and exploding like a firework. Right after, she casted another kidou, a straight line of energy cutting across from her finger towards the sky.

"That'll be all for today's lesson, class is dismissed. If you have any questions, feel free to stay behind."

END POST | THE BLOOD MOON

32 - Tips and Pointers [Private/Makoto] 8Bvy1N8

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
32 - Tips and Pointers [Private/Makoto] Left_bar_bleue999999/99999932 - Tips and Pointers [Private/Makoto] Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

32 - Tips and Pointers [Private/Makoto] Empty Re: Tips and Pointers [Private/Makoto]

Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:22 am
32 - Tips and Pointers [Private/Makoto] Tomoe-header

MAKOTO | VOICE OF THE SWORD

Attend a course, it was necessary. For Makoto if she was not mastering all fields of the shinigami arts then she was failing as a shinigami and her usage of kido was pretty basic, even though she liked to know she was competent it still wasn't enough.

So when just about everyone left the white-haired woman in her shihakusho approached the captain with her crimson eyes filled with confidence. She was taught that it was important to maintain that kind of attitude and demeanour as a member of the Gotei. She couldn't doubt herself.

"Captain. Could you please comment on my performance today?"

END POST | ONE WORD, ONE SWING

32 - Tips and Pointers [Private/Makoto] Gamma_Signature
32 - Tips and Pointers [Private/Makoto] CHARACTER_LIST32 - Tips and Pointers [Private/Makoto] GRAPHICS_THREAD32 - Tips and Pointers [Private/Makoto] TIMELINE_THREAD
Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
32 - Tips and Pointers [Private/Makoto] Left_bar_bleue74095/10000032 - Tips and Pointers [Private/Makoto] Empty_bar_bleue  (74095/100000)
Tiers:

32 - Tips and Pointers [Private/Makoto] Empty Re: Tips and Pointers [Private/Makoto]

Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:32 am

LIANA UNOHANA

"Ah, Arima-san. How did you do? Hmmm... terrible."

Liana let the word sink in for a good, long pause, before speaking again.

"Forgive me, Arima-san; you seemed very serious and focused, so I couldn't help but joke around a little. Admittedly, it was in poor taste."

The Unohana had an apologetic look on her face stifling a small laughter, and she bowed to the student to be genuine.

"In truth, I believe you did well. Amongst all the people in this class, you seemed to pay attention the most astutely. I will say, however, during the practical application portion of today's lesson, I think you could work on some visualisation for the chanting. Doing so will help increase the potency of your kidou, as well as aid you on the way to learning how to utilise chantless kidou without being inhibited."

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
32 - Tips and Pointers [Private/Makoto] Left_bar_bleue999999/99999932 - Tips and Pointers [Private/Makoto] Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:59 am

T-Terrible.

The words sunk in and she grimaced just a little bit, evidently disappointed but she raised her head again to speak up. She wasn't going to be knocked down because she failed the first time.

"Well then captain I would like all criticisms as to why I did terrible so I can correct them...."

A joke. O... Oh. Well then.

"Thank you ma'am, could you maybe demonstrate it or well hmm. Give some examples of visualising maybe. I find it much easier to learn with a hands on approach and your experience is very valuable to me."

32 - Tips and Pointers [Private/Makoto] CHARACTER_LIST32 - Tips and Pointers [Private/Makoto] GRAPHICS_THREAD32 - Tips and Pointers [Private/Makoto] TIMELINE_THREAD
Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:09 am

LIANA UNOHANA

"Of course, Arima-san. I will demonstrate it now. And, again, please forgive me for my joke; the more I think about it, the more I find it less tasteful."

Liana bowed once more in apology, though she had her hand over her mouth. Once she lifted her head, Liana turned about-face and brought her hand out. Makoto would be able to feel a small amount of energy gathering to Liana's hand, corresponding to her words.

"Gather your spirit, my glory in hand, and shine for the ages. Illuminos."

Liana recited the incantation slowly and segmented. She spoke the first part and paused, demonstrating clearly how her reiryoku was obeying her words precisely, but rather than simply being willed into motion by her words, her words were acting as a guiding force, while something else was willing it forth. The second part picked up the cadence, and in turn the speed at which her reiryoku followed from within her to concentrate in her hands. Finally, in the last portion, the energy transformed from not just having a shape, but a substance. From her palms, a light shined brightly, not in a blinding intensity, but powerful; it lit the whole of the training grounds very clearly, without saturating any of the details.

"As you might already know, chanting a kido to cast it is unnecessary. The purpose for the chant isn't in conjuring the power, but in aiding the process of doing so. First, in each part of the chant, you want to visualise what your energy should be doing. Then, you speak of this visualisation, as if the words instead described the movement and transformation of your energy, rather than directing it. Do you understand? Would you like to try it for yourself?"

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:22 am

"Thank you ma'am. I appreciate it a lot."

She tried to glean over the joke part, no point staying on it but bad jokes like that irked her a bit. Not that she'd let any of it slip out, she was pretty good at concealing her misanthropy. Trying to overcome it even.

Once she saw the kido spell cast she analysed it, the way she cast it. What she casted, it sounded different. Unique to her maybe? But it was obvious what she wanted to accomplish and the description helped a lot.

"Yes I understand captain. Could you tell me a spell you think would be a good example for the attempt? So it is very easy to observe it of course."

Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:31 am

LIANA UNOHANA

"Hmm, and easier spell. I am sorry, Arima-san. I am insufficient in my knowledge--this spell was one of the easiest and most concise kidous I know to demonstrate this sort of sensation."

Liana brought her hand up to her chin in thought, genuinely thinking about what else was in her knowledge. She could easily conjure a new kidou and a random chant for it, but she figured it would be more beneficial for the girl to have an officially registered kidou as a reference point. That way, it was standardised, and there were more resources available to break the kidou down on her own time.

"If you have an idea in mind, could you tell me any specific part of the demonstration you might have trouble with, or would like clarification on?"

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:38 am

"Well, perhaps you could judge my Shakkaho. It's one of the most basic spells and we're taught in the Academy as our first taste or a more advanced kido-- No wait, Okasen. It's a bit harder."

After mentioning the kido she wanted to try and perform. When asked about what specifically to look for Makoto gave a bit of thought before answering.

"I'd like you to judge my energy control Captain, so that I can begin studying more advanced techniques like two-fold incantation and incantation abandonment."

All that Makoto did now was wait for confirmation before she'd try and showcase a Hadō #32.

Sage
Sage
Lord of the Understream
Lord of the Understream
s_e stuff

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:44 am

LIANA UNOHANA

"Oh? Please, do demonstrate, then. I'm excited to see how you do, Arima-san."

For a moment, Liana was tinged with nostalgia. In her academy days, she drilled kidous nonstop, gradually learning to multi-cast until she evenutally came to the point of a hallmark to her repertoire of skills, Quintuple Casting. Seeing someone aspire in similar fashion kindled pleasant, if not also rather grueling memories.

NIGHTBURST BADGES:

casual post:
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:51 am

"Alright."

She took a deep breath and centred herself.

"Ye lord! Mask of blood and bone, wordly creation, flutter of wings, ye who bears the name of Man! Light and Glory, the sky collapses, unleash all of your brilliance. Hadō #32. Ōkasen."

It was well... fine? Maybe it wasn't the most effective usage of energy, the odd flare here or unnecessary amount there but as far as one would deem. Makoto had achieved a small arc of golden flame that shot towards the target.

"How was that?"

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum