Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Slayer
Slayer
Thicc Boi

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Broken, not Forgotten [Shing, Calypso] Left_bar_bleue7900/999999Broken, not Forgotten [Shing, Calypso] Empty_bar_bleue  (7900/999999)
Tiers:

Broken, not Forgotten [Shing, Calypso] Empty Broken, not Forgotten [Shing, Calypso]

Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:06 pm
Broken, not Forgotten [Shing, Calypso] Shing-temp-2

SHING, THE DANCING WOLF

While he hated his mother, Shing had a shred of respect for the rest of her family, so when the news came out that his grandmother was ill and it was looking bad, he had to pay a visit. It was awkward, being in a room with people that wanted nothing to do with him and the feeling was mutual. It seemed like being a shitty person just happened to be genetic on his mother's side, he just hoped that he didn't the genes too.

On his way out, Shing was asked to sign out in a book. While flipping through, he came across a name that seemed to ring a couple of bells. Calypso Gandr. If he remembers correctly, the two of them had met a few years back in Nepal when he was finishing up some work and tying up loose ends that spawned when his father died. Nothing crazy, just some debts and returning a couple of books. It was important that even after he was gone that Xing Heichao would be remembered as a good man, Shing made sure of it. Anyways, he began to wonder what the hell Calypso was doing in a hospital. Last he checked, she was a healthy teenage girl. It seemed like he was going to be here longer than anticipated.

The wolf entered the room with a light knock on the door, once then twice before letting himself in. "Hey kid, you alive in here?"

Broken, not Forgotten [Shing, Calypso] Sumera-character-list
Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Broken, not Forgotten [Shing, Calypso] Left_bar_bleue398349/999999Broken, not Forgotten [Shing, Calypso] Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Broken, not Forgotten [Shing, Calypso] Empty Re: Broken, not Forgotten [Shing, Calypso]

Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:18 pm

Calypso Gandr| Descendant Of Ao Kung

A healthy teenage girl was the opposite of what Shing was faced. She was gaunt and sunk, her arms frail and lacking in any kind of weight and the glasses looking weird as they were designed to sit proper despite her nose being unable to give them their support that it normally would. The hospital gown hung loosely off her lacking frame, and the way she dragged herself up into a sitting position implied her body just didn't work below the hip at all. It took her a few seconds to remember who it was, but he was a Tao Chi Cultivator, who called her kid rather than sister as seemed to be the culture for Cultivators of the orient. So it was kind of easy to draw parallels.

"Stubbornly refusing death is what we Cultivators excel at. The Lord Of All Mountains fell down Everest once, and Bodhidharma survived fasting for 144 nights" she replied, her pale face stretching into a smile. "How has your pursuit of Apotheosis gone, brother?"

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Slayer
Slayer
Thicc Boi

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Broken, not Forgotten [Shing, Calypso] Left_bar_bleue7900/999999Broken, not Forgotten [Shing, Calypso] Empty_bar_bleue  (7900/999999)
Tiers:

Broken, not Forgotten [Shing, Calypso] Empty Re: Broken, not Forgotten [Shing, Calypso]

Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:07 pm

SHING, THE DANCING WOLF

The way she spoke, reminded him of his father: proud of their heritage. Proud of who they were. Shing could relate somewhat, but not completely.

"Haha, yeah, hello to you too." He took the moment to assess Calypso's situation. Just from a glance, he could tell that it was probably something to do with her physical rather than some sort of sickness. She seemed weak and frail, a stark difference from when he saw her a few years ago. "Yeah, but we 'cultivators' also know how to take care of ourselves, it's touted to be one of our top priorities. One look at you and it's kinda obvious you haven't been treating your body well. What the hell happened..." With a swift movement, he grabbed a chair and dragged it to the end of her bed, placing it at the foot so that he would be looking directly at her when he sat down, and sat down he did. He remembered that she had mentioned fighting professionally when they last met, maybe that was the cause of this.

"To put it bluntly, you look like shit. Lemme guess, the fighting gig you got came back to bite you in the ass huh?" A look of pity and disappointment donned onto his face. He could believe that she ended up pissing off the wrong guy, the kind of guy that didn't know self-control. That's why Shing never got into that business, it would bring more trouble than it was worth.

"So how long you gotta be like this? How long has it been?"

Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Broken, not Forgotten [Shing, Calypso] Left_bar_bleue398349/999999Broken, not Forgotten [Shing, Calypso] Empty_bar_bleue  (398349/999999)
Tiers:

Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:39 am

"Also that. 'A weak man may aid another. A Strong man may aid a thousand'. Become your best self, as a mighty faggot supports many times that of a single stick" Calypso showcased her well-read nature by quoting passages of people so old the world had been turned to shadows and dust thrice over since they were born.

"The fighting gig itself was no problem really. I fought people, I beat them, I put out call for my other half of the family. This whole thing...I couldn't tell you, I have never heard of it happening before. The doctors are all stumped, and these are the doctors who fixed major spinal injury as you would pluck out a splinter.

They also brought in this blind woman. She...made me feel spiritually inadequate, like a moth staring at The Sun. She didn't know how to fix me. It has been a week, and how long? Is anyone's guess...My Meridians are shredded. I can't cultivate even a drop, so I need something that can recover them, and that kind of knowledge is long gone. I doubt even Queen Lan Tsu could help me now"

She'd exhale and lean back on the pillows, laughing cynically.
"At this rate I'm best off asking Hazu to go seek out Xuanzang Sanzang, or something mad drastic like that"

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Slayer
Slayer
Thicc Boi

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:04 pm

SHING, THE DANCING WOLF

Shing just sat there and nodded as she started to spout words at him that he didn't understand. If anything, it was just the same mumbo jumbo that some of his family would spout and occasionally his father. Apparently, there was a lot of history behind what they do, but Shing wasn't really taught any of the hit because he didn't really care. He had picked up a couple of their customs and ways of speaking in Nepal the second time around, but still never really made the effort to include himself into their culture. As the Dancing Wolf, he was fated to be alone in the world.

"Yeah, that sounds like that sucks." Man, how heartless could he be? The moment the words danced off his lips he knew that it was the wrong thing to say in the situation. It would be a pain to lose one of the few people he could consider a friend due to saying something dumb. The bar for what he considered a friend was low, being that he hasn't seen Calypso in years and would still call her one regardless. "Though if that's the case, guess you have no other choice but to fight it. I mean, it looks like you're good at doing that anyway so..." His voice trailed off as he tried his best to undo whatever the hell he said prior.

There was silence for a moment until Shing broke it again.

"So... anyone else come to visit? Say, your Ma or Pop or anyone of the sort...?" He had no idea what her family situation was like so was trying to stay neutral as much as he could in the situation, though it came from a genuine place of curiosity.

Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:28 pm

"Like a killer vaccum, yea" She'd reply with a slight laugh, shifting back onto the pillows and shaking her head. "People draw the short straw, and that's fine. You just never expect it to be you. Until it is"

She'd listen to what the man was saying then shake her head again at the idea of family visiting.
"They might if I call them, but what are they going to do? Fly in all the way from Scandanavia to say 'hello we are still related. See you later' and fly back? There is nothing in the Book Of Jormun that can help, I've read it six times. So them being here would just be them being here. Which is a waste of time and money"

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Slayer
Slayer
Thicc Boi

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:00 pm

SHING, THE DANCING WOLF

"I mean, there's more to it than just that. I feel like if I was hurt I'd still want my family to show up, the ones that I care about and the ones that care about me. Even my mother, the fucking bitch that she is, would probably show up because I think she cares. Because... that may be the last time you see them. People don't just end up in the hospital for no reason so going that extra mile for people says a lot. Understood? It's the thought that counts." Her response to his question caught him off guard. It's not that they didn't want to show up or that she didn't want them to, it's just that they didn't care? Perhaps it was a cultural difference, and he got that, but even then he thought sharing his viewpoint on the whole matter might bridge a gap between them, a small gap but a gap nonetheless.

And with that being said, there was silence. Shing found it hard to find a place to continue from there, as he just basically rambled onto her with his own ideals.

"Well, where there's a will there's a way. I think you'll find your way out of this somehow, whether it be science or with some mystic magic." He slowly started to stand up, kicking the chair into the wall behind them. "But let me know when you do. Pass me that napkin over there." Assume she'd follow through with his request, he would write down his contact information on it before leaving it on her table and walking out.

"See ya Sister. If this is rock bottom then the only way is up, yeah?" He paused for a moment, to see if she had anything else she wanted to say.

Mirja Eeola
Mirja Eeola
Demon Toy

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:52 pm

She'd slide him the napkin so he could probably write his number down or something, but give him an incredulous look at the same time. Different cultures, sure, but still. It was amazing to see just how different.

"You need them to come half way across the world and leave behind their own lives to show you they care? It must be a kind of lonely life then. We of Wulin have come to understand death. The Great Collapse and current Age of Sorrows strips man from wife and child from parent with uncaring, sudden alacrity. You must learn to treasure the memory of them as much as their presence, so you know if you do die then you die without sadness"

Dragon-Snake | END POST

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum