Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
An Invitation Answered [Alastair, Calypso] Left_bar_bleue0/0An Invitation Answered [Alastair, Calypso] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

An Invitation Answered [Alastair, Calypso] Empty An Invitation Answered [Alastair, Calypso]

Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:29 pm
An Invitation Answered [Alastair, Calypso] 6hcnv4O

ALASTAIR EISFLUCH | On Vacation

The California sun beat down high overhead as Alastair cruised down an abandoned highway on one of the long roads toward the foothills of the Sierra Mountains, kicking up a dust cloud in his wake. Though a helmet covered his head, red hair flowed out from beneath it as the wind rushed past bike and rider.

He had not had the chance to get away from the cities and just ride for a hot minute, but Command had been somewhat accommodating to his request after all that he had been through. So when the opportunity presented itself, he did not refuse it. His motorbike was an import, a birthday gift from his family that spent many a month gathering dust in a storage unit in the City of Lights, but every now and then it was good to take it out for a spin and make sure everything functioned accordingly.

Being a part of the Vandenreich did have its perks, especially for a member of the Sternritter like himself, and among those was a first-rate medical team and support staff. It had taken a little more than a week for his physical wounds from Jefferson to fade into distant memories, broken bones were mended and all but the worst of the scarring had been cleaned away by the organisation's finest physicians. He was a perfect bill of health, they had said, as they ushered him out and brought in the next patients. They would say he was already back at capacity for active duty, not a statement that he wanted to refuse but he was thankful for the chance to be alone with his thoughts.

As he rode onward, Alastair's mind went to how he had even ended up here heading into the mountains alone. The invitation had been a peculiar one, appearing as it did one day in the middle of the afternoon just sitting there on his bedside table. Noone had been inside of his apartment, as far as he could tell, it was as if it had just manifested itself there. A power that he certainly did not put it past this individual to possess. They were not exactly a being that he understood, not that he exactly wanted to understand at this point either, which was what had driven him to accept and venture out into the heart of America. Why did it have to be out here in the middle of nowhere anyway? Was this just an elaborate scheme to catch him off guard? He didn't get the sense that there were bad intentions from the letter. A gut feeling of genuine concern perhaps. But that did not mean he had travelled unarmed, as most of his Quincy gear was never too far from his side.

Seeing the requested meeting spot begin to approach in the distance, Alastair slowed his approach to a more manageable speed and scanned the surrounding area for any company. Perhaps he had already been spotted and the threats were lurking unseen, or maybe Calypso was keeping her word and they truly were alone out here?

Ashes and embers | END POST
Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
An Invitation Answered [Alastair, Calypso] Left_bar_bleue42100/16000An Invitation Answered [Alastair, Calypso] Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

An Invitation Answered [Alastair, Calypso] Empty Re: An Invitation Answered [Alastair, Calypso]

Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:58 pm
ENTER THE DREAMER

As Alastair would approach, a unique scent could be smelled as he neared the meeting spot, a trail of potted flowers lining his path after some time, various rather vibrant and healthy looking flowers greeted his presence - various colors of lavender, violets, and the perked whites of peace lilies dotted his path, all in pots of course but they were obviously very strategically lined up, like someone decorated the path rather than some random instance of misplaced flowers. They weren't random flowers, either - any who were aware of flower meanings would know all three of them had a meaning in common; Peace.

This trail of flowers marked his path through the foliage, until a figure could be seen before him. Standing in a clearing alone was Calypso, her hair dotted with the aforementioned flowers, holding a small bouquet of them, looking a little nervous to herself. She had been hanging out in that clearing for a good while, meticulously setting up flowers as a gesture of good will, but she was wondering if he would even bother following her letter. He knew what family she was originally from, what reason had he to trust her? But she put the littlest spark of hope that he'd come, and stayed in that clearing waiting for him for a good long while.

He had appeared to have been in rough condition after Jefferson, and all the other operatives seemed to hate or were fearful of her, but she didn't get that impression from the red-headed young man, at least, not as strongly as the others. So she wanted to reach out and check on him, see how he was doing, and maybe... Maybe form a bond? Maybe show him she isn't as bad as he would think?

She looked on the verge of tears until she heard the hum of a vehicle, lifting her head and shining eyes, instantly perking up, incredibly happy to see him. It was as if the flowers in the area perked right up with her sudden raise of mood, previously drooping quite low,

"Oh gosh- You're here!" She'd call out, waving, her face bright with a smile and wide shimmering eyes, "Hi! Hi! Welcome! Sorry if this is a weird place to meet, I just thought it'd be safer..."

Gods, she was so happy he actually showed up she could dance.. Good thing she stifled that quickly - no need to make this any more awkward.

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
An Invitation Answered [Alastair, Calypso] Left_bar_bleue0/0An Invitation Answered [Alastair, Calypso] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

An Invitation Answered [Alastair, Calypso] Empty Re: An Invitation Answered [Alastair, Calypso]

Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:36 pm

He cruised up to the edge of the clearing before the bike came to a halt, the engine being cut, and then Alastair dismounted. In one slick motion, he balanced the bike on its stand and removed his helmet. Setting it down upon the newly vacant seat, he left the protective gear behind and turned to face his summoner. He recalled well the Calypso Asthavon he had met outside of Jefferson and later fought alongside, but this version appeared to be a far cry from that he remembered - bedecked as she was in flora and carrying a bouquet instead of a scythe. It would be easy to get caught off guard by such an image, forgetting perhaps that she was a powerful alien with the means to crush him with little more than an idle thought, so his hand still lingered close to his Quincy bangle.

"It would be most impolite to refuse a lady's summons without reason, and you have not given me one yet." His tone was comparatively cold, a neutral expression that gave little of his true feelings of intrigue away. It was only human nature to wish to explore and understand, he had reasoned, and besides he was a nobody so there was little value to his life compared to many of those he usually surrounded himself with. "I imagine it is easier for you to be here than in the City of Lights, so perhaps you could consider this a show of trust in your good intentions."

A measured gaze studied Caly carefully, reddish-brown eyes picking out several of the different species of flower that decorated her outfit, though it was mainly an attempt to spot any visible wounds that still remained from their altercation with Alvah. She had likely been treated like the rest, but she was rather different to his comrades at a physiological level and had also brawled up close and personal with the demon for a far greater length of time than anyone else.

Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
An Invitation Answered [Alastair, Calypso] Left_bar_bleue42100/16000An Invitation Answered [Alastair, Calypso] Empty_bar_bleue  (42100/16000)
Tiers:

Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:22 am
ENTER THE DREAMER

Caly looked confused with Alastair's initial response, not towards the actual response, but towards the 'lady' part - what did her being a girl have to do with this? Sometimes she didn't get this weird fixation on roles others had, but she'd shrug it off and smile. That cold expression didn't hide a thing from her, actually it was hard to hide most feelings from her considering she was an empath - she could tell he really was interested, yet cautious.

Reasonable response - he wasn't blindly going into what any sane person would perceive as a trap, and she was perfectly okay with such a level of caution. She was a complete stranger to him, on top of being a completely different species despite her appearance; she'd be a lot more concerned if he wasn't afraid on some level.

"Hope your schedule wasn't too busy or anything..." She'd chuckle nervously, holding the flowers close to her face for a moment, "I'm just.. So glad to see that you've recovered well. Sure, sure, I was told everyone who made it were fine, but I just feel better actually seeing it."

A flicker of guilt crossed her expression for a moment, before she composed herself,

"Well, come on, it's a.. Get-to-know-each-other nature walk! Yaay..." She did a small show of jazz hands as she uttered that weak yay, gesturing him to follow her to a path that looked like it'd slowly incline through the woods.

Despite being the one who had direct contact with the assailant, not a single wound was in sight, not even bandages or visible scars. She actually had healed just fine on her own, without the assistance of medical equipment aside from being watched - some time of just slumber was enough to fix her. Caly rarely bore any physical scars after such encounters, her's were completely invisible to any who would view her.

She'd walk gingerly, inspecting the ground as she went along, as if worried she may step on something by mistake, but had her attention on Alastair as she went along,

"..So how have you been? Have you been feeling okay?"

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:47 am

There was a look about Caly that hinted at a deeper understanding of their situation than the childish front being presented, something that suggested that she was all too aware of both his caution and his interest. Perhaps that was the intuition of such a being, a scion of demonic royalty, or maybe there was something more to it. Still, it only furthered Alastair's aforementioned curiosity and at the mention of getting to know one another the vestiges of a smile danced across his features.

"My schedule was clear enough. As for my condition; there were plenty of people who got off worse than I did, just a few cuts and a bout of exhaustion to my name." Whilst it was not a lie per se, it was a stretch of the truth. He had still fractured an arm and several ribs, but the guilt still lingered that that was all that he had suffered whilst so many of his colleagues had lost their lives. "I am glad to see that you are also well recovered, it was a trying day for us all."

He glanced back to his motorbike, taking one more long look at their peaceful surroundings, before pressing forwards. Hopefully this was such a reclusive area that none would think to come here and try to take his ride home, it would be an annoying inconvenience to arrange a pickup from all the way out here.

His stride was precise, assertive even, as Alastair began to match pace with her. A measured stare studying both the environment and his new companion, though his expression remained guarded and secretive.

"There was a lot of paperwork to do, reports and debriefings and such. But, if I were to be honest, I feel relieved. It is a shame that so many were hurt or worse during the mission, but we were successful and the creature pulling the strings has been slain." It was a natural lie, so seamless that his mask of nonchalance did not even shift, but truthfully there was a pain that lingered behind his cold eyes. Something he had no desire to share, for it made him feel weak and diminished from the calm and collected image that he took every effort to cultivate. "What about yourself? I assume you have been kept busy too?"

Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:11 pm
ENTER THE DREAMER

"Well that's a miracle for how much you pushed yourself. I'm glad your injuries weren't that bad."

She sensed the feelings beneath those words, but dared not to bring it up. It was an awful event, and she wouldn't be surprised if that was his first taste of grueling combat, full of loss of life and pain. She didn't want to prod him terribly - she wanted him to have a good time, but the truest purpose of this meeting was for her to get a good feeling of his present mental state, and see what she could do about it. He definitely was facing some turmoil, maybe even trauma..

She'd walk up the path, making sure he didn't tumble or anything as she went along - it WAS pretty steep. The two of them would go along, until they finally reached some level ground, walking along a path, humming softly as she would listen to him speak of all the paperwork and reports and whatnot he had to do, feeling.. Relieved.

His feelings did not match his words in the slightest, however the woman smiled at him as if she didn't feel a thing he did,

"What? Me? Bah - little this.. Little that.."

In reality, the woman was experiencing a tough time after being released, difficult moment after difficult moment as they got worse and worse, illness and high feelings...

"Not really super busy! I'm just kinda silly, yknow? Just silly, dumb... Things, to keep me going."

She'd chuckle, shrugging softly, "I dunno, i'm just a silly thing."

"Why so tense? We're out and about, loosen up a bit! We're having fun, not going out to get messed up. Believe me, not a single dangerous thing is out here, and even if there was - I got you covered."

She'd grin and wink, gesturing to her hand, which appeared to form dragon-like claws for a moment, before vanishing and becoming a normal hand once more,

"Can count on me, bud."

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:21 pm

Alastair wondered, as he listened to Caly's response, if that was how he had sounded when he talked of his own feelings. It was unconvincing, to be blunt about it, but her seemingly innocent desire to make this a pleasant experience also overshined those idle comments.

"I suppose I was fortunate enough to surround myself with capable people, even if I did not quite understand them." His thoughts went for a moment to Saisei, Yaksha, that strange Shinigami, even Caly herself, and how they had all helped him in their own ways. Each was far stronger than he, and yet they had somehow come to put their trust in him during the heat of the moment. "Stranger phenomenons have happened, but it was an exhilarating experience to be sure."

That was all genuine, certainly, it was thoughts of the strange allies that had been made that helped to keep him going. He had grown from the experience, he could feel it already, his body was tougher and his abilities more honed. All because he had been in the right place at the right time, though that train of thought soon wrapped back around to those that had not been so lucky.

"As for my vigilance, could you truly claim to be so carefree if our roles were reversed? Summoned out to the middle of nowhere by someone you had never spoken a word to prior, possessing of powers a far cry beyond your own. It does not instil confidence."

Conversely to his words, Alastair's stance softened as they continued to walk uphill. It was a subtle shift, enough to suggest that he was often this tightly wound and the fact that he was even cutting slightly loose was a big deal. Noting the shift of Caly's hand into a claw and back with a respectful nod, his hand did move away from the cross that hung at his wrist and let it dangle loosely,

"Still, you are correct. I should enjoy the company and the scenery, it is not something I have all too often. There are not many views like this within the City of Lights, I must admit."

Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:50 pm
ENTER THE DREAMER

Caly nodded with a kind smile on her face, "I think something everyone needs is a little diversity in their life, yeah? Sure you have your own, but maybe even go out of your way to explore things or people who you don't understand at first."

She was trying to keep the mood light and focused as they went along, the lower sun's sky gently filtered by the trees overhead. Squirrels ran up and down trees as they passed, birds singing and seen perched on branches occasionally. Overall, it was pretty nice and normal nature trail, nothing afoot and nothing to fear - just as Calypso wanted. She didn't want him to be afraid of her, she just wanted him to see the better in her, that she wasn't anything like Alvah, or her family, or any demon.

"I mean, yeah, I get it. I would be scared to go to such a thing initially, because it's like, what am I expecting? Who is this person? What are they like?" She'd muse, tapping the bouquet to her chin, "Like an ant walking up to a lion; afraid to be crushed by something with the power to do so... Is that the feeling?"

She'd hmm softly, as she thought of what to say next, "..Well, that's exactly why I invited you out here. I wanted you to get to know me - the real me - not what you saw on the battlefield. Even with what I did, they all still.. Don't like me. Especially that pink-haired guy; he was so resentful I could practically smell it."

"You just seemed... Like, you see past my surface, at least a little? Like there was... Some chance, you didn't only see a monster that was part of ruining the world?"

The young Danava seemed a little weary, tired almost as she spoke that last line, almost desperate-sounding. She felt she went a little far, but she put out that vulnerability, just a bit. If he was dropping his guard some, she felt she should too in turn.

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:45 pm

He nodded along with Caly as she spoke at length about their situation, about why she had singled him out from his peers for such a meeting, and let his gaze wander to the scenes of nature that surrounded them. Even for all the destruction that the Earth had suffered in the world wars, it was still a wondrous place when one ventured beyond the cities and out into the wilds. There was some comfort to be had in the knowledge that the natural world did not repel her, or him for that matter. Instead, it just continued on without paying them any heed.

”I did not think to consider myself an ant until right now, a rather stark comparison of our differences but one I shall bear in mind.”

It was, no doubt, a fairer comparison given by one that had an idea of the full scope of both party’s abilities. But Alastair was still a proud man, and such a brutal put down did sufficiently flatten what little ego he had into the ground.

“Is it not narrow minded to judge a book by it’s cover, though? In the past, my people have suffered greatly just for the crime of existing. It is because our mindset changed that we were eventually able to change the minds of others, and now our presence is tolerated if not welcomed by most.”

His was in that moment the heart of an idealist, surprisingly naive in the sense that he wanted first to believe that people could be better, but he was not always beholden to this worldview. Those that embodies the traits of the monsters that they were made out to be held little stock in his eyes, whether a demon or a Quincy or anything else.

“I will not claim to know your past, though I would like to imagine that you did not play as much of a part in what happened to the world than others that bear your name. But you came to help without it being asked of you. Put your body in the demon’s path when others could not do so. If you even saved one life by doing so then what would that make me if I branded you a monster?”

Lillian
Lillian
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:50 pm
ENTER THE DREAMER

Her breath drew in sharply, almost in response to that sensation he felt - of that crushed pride. She drew a bit of a hurt expression... Woops, she didn't mean it like that.. She was trying to show she understood what he felt, not hit his esteem...

"..You have great potential, though. Quite a nerve to you - I can't say I was even half as brave as you in the face of death when I was weaker."

She hoped that comment would do at least a little to remedy the feeling; she earnestly believed in it, too. When she was a whelp, she couldn't even face a man she once called friend as he burned that very city to the ground.

However, the girl was dead silent as he went on to speak of... Oh yes, the treatment of the Quincies throughout history.. Even the thought of that, of what they had been through, caused a sparkling of tears to form in her eyes. She sympathized with it in a way, the corners of her mouth curved down. No matter how much she felt it, they were not the same, not at all; she would never be seen in the same light as they, or any who faced such persecution.

Suddenly, the woman would walk somewhat ahead, as their path trailed up to the edge of a cliff, silent as she would look across the horizon, their altitude not as incredible as further up the trail, but enough to see the sprawling of nature,

"Alastair, how old do you think I am?" She'd murmur, not allowing a response, "Three. I am three-years-old. A grown woman to humans, but to my kind, I am nothing but a child."

"Not even simply a stray child. Of all to be born to, it had to be the Asthavons. A weak, soft-hearted child who wished no harm unto anyone, born into a family of monsters. My existence is forever marred by the sins of my blood."

Her head would lower somewhat, "..I did not get to play with other children. I did not get to attend school. I did not have the warm embrace of a mother upon my birth. I did not have even the safety of a community..."

Slowly turning around, to look back at Alastair, as the wind swept her hair. Sadness ebbed in her eyes as tears flowed, a kind smile on her face despite it,

"..No matter how many demons I slay. No matter how many of your, or any people I save.. I fear... I will always be a monster in the eyes of the world."

She'd sigh softly, "...Because... It's easier. I'm the daughter of the worst beings to ever exist, who didn't do enough to set myself aside."

Because I was scared.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum