Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Parental Figures(Yoruichi/Rio) Left_bar_bleue0/0Parental Figures(Yoruichi/Rio) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Parental Figures(Yoruichi/Rio) Empty Parental Figures(Yoruichi/Rio)

Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:58 am
Parental Figures(Yoruichi/Rio) Banner-Rio2

Rio Shihoin | Defender of the Family

Days within the Shihoin estate had - compared to the past upheavals and controversies that took place a year ago - had grown inconceivably mundane. Even though the household had suffered through the banishment of a family member, the passing of a patriarch, and other events that threatened to sever the bonds shared between one another, they had endured.

Of course, though she would hardly take credit for it out of an honorable sense of humility, Rio was an integral thread that kept them held together. In a sense, the Shihoin defender honored the wishes of her deceased parents. To protect and support her siblings and her family. She had remained the ever-enduring shield , the voice of reason to those who doubted their place in the family.

It was her role, after all. A weight she willingly chose to place on her shoulders in spite of the difficulties that always laid ahead. Commonly unrewarding path though it was, she would repeat the same scenario a thousand times over.

Training outside of the estate, Rio's simple desire was to distract herself from her thoughts. With Yugiri spending her days in the earth realm, Kokoro marrying a Kuchiki, and Chidori taking care of her children, and the disappearance of a man she once felt destined to marry, Rio had idly spent her days in the estate to a point where even she was aware that she needed some fresh air. Re-evaluate her purpose, choose something to throw herself into, and live her own life now.

END POST | Unfaltering Shielder

Last edited by Iori on Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Parental Figures(Yoruichi/Rio) Left_bar_bleue0/0Parental Figures(Yoruichi/Rio) Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Parental Figures(Yoruichi/Rio) Empty Re: Parental Figures(Yoruichi/Rio)

Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:37 pm
Parental Figures(Yoruichi/Rio) HEADER_0085-017

Unbeknownst to Rio, the Shihoin was being watched. As she .......trained nondescriptly, a sleek black cat watched with dull interest from the shade of a nearby shrubbery. It was then that she saw the girl plop down after what seemed like exhaustion. Who knew how long the girl had been training before Yoruichi had actually shown up to watch her from the sidelines. And so, seeing the girl at last seeming to have hit her limit, the feline sloooooowly peeled herself from the ground. Stretching herself languidly in a way only a feline's body could contort, before slowly drawing herself up onto her paws, raising her chin high and then suddenly appearing directly in front of the woman as easily as someone else might breathe. It was not the same seamless near-teleport that she was normally capable of, but it was still seamless to the less experienced Shunpo users, seating herself before the woman in her feline form.

Before she spoke.

"FOOLISH mortal. You have disturbed my slumber. Identify yourself at once." She commanded imperiously. There were .... a good number of cat transformers in the family, so Rio would actually likely not be able to pinpoint exactly WHO it was that was speaking to her in such a manner! And boy was she going to be in for a surprise when she found out.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:13 pm

Exhaling softly after a nondescript training session, Rio wiped the sweat from her brows, motioning to return to the estate for refreshment. Before she could take a single step, her amber eyes caught the vision of a black cat, one that seemingly felt as if it had appeared out of nowhere.

Rio gazed at the cat with a neutral expression, wondering if it was one of the younger members of her family who desired to play a game of tag - or perhaps another Shihoin in the family that wanted to meet her in person.

The imperious tone of that masculine voice caused Rio to tilt her head in confusion before she chuckled, sarcastically bowing before the cat. As she predicted, this sort of random act seemed as though it could only be something one of the children of the estate would pull. Most of the adults knew she preferred to train in secret. There was no reason not o assume she was being pranked. With nothing better to do, she simply grinned and played along.

"I am Rio Shihoin - protector of the Shihoin Family. Nice cat form technique you have there, your lordship."

Blissfully unaware, Rio Shihoin was in for a rude awakening...

Last edited by Iori on Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:08 am
Parental Figures(Yoruichi/Rio) HEADER_0085-017

The feline seemed to smile as Rio played along with the little demand.
"Protector of the Shihoin? Interesting to say the least, Mortal." She chimed, an instant before she suddenly would appear on the woman's shoulder, having used Shunpo to shift from her position to her new perch. Even if she wasn't capable of using hakuda and the like in this form, she still had EVERY bit of proficiency in Hoho in this form, and that sudden blinding speed would no doubt catch Rio completely off guard.

"I must say, this seems to be fairly mundane so far as training goes. But I imagine that there is only so much one can do while also confining themselves to the Shihoin estate. If I were to surmise, you probably had much more growth and potential when you were a seated member." She observed calmly enough, now very obviously distinguishing herself past the potential of just being some shihoin child. Not only in her capability with a Shunpo that far outpaced Rio's own, but just how much she seemed to know about the woman.

"And I suppose it is unfortunate that the ....current trials and tribulations of the family aren't things they can simply be protected from."
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:28 pm

The conjecture that this black cat may have been a Shihoin child was quickly swept away with a graceful display of flash step that caused Rio to raise an eyebrow. No Shihoin child could perform shunpo with that level of skill, let alone perform it in cat form.

Rio gazed at the cat on her shoulder as she listened to it speak. The way the cat spoke seemed as though this Shihoin seemed to have some form of familiarity with Rio.

Quick thought deduction eliminated Yugiri as a culprit and she highly doubted Chidori would take the time to interact with Rio in this roundabout fashion. Rio decided to indulge her special guest, long enough to learn about the identity of this individual Shihoin in particular.

"Correct. During my time in the Gotei, I excelled quite well as a seated member. Most of my peers love to remind me of my talents and how I could've easily became a captain had I stayed, although I rarely pay attention to it. As they say, the past is the past. "

Rio gazed at the cat as she continued to speak, reminiscing on the events that had transpired and the mystery shihoin's words.

"It is indeed unfortunate but the trials and tribulations they face are above my station. The only one I can still watch over with any success is Yugiri. Some say I should start living my own life now, and I suppose to some extent, those words are true."

Last edited by Iori on Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:43 pm
Parental Figures(Yoruichi/Rio) HEADER_0116-032

"Oh?" She noted in that imperious male voice, her little feline head canting slowly to the side as she took a moment to parse her family member's words, she hopped back down to the ground before turning. There was a sudden flash of steam, briefly obscuring the woman and dissipating only just as Yoruichi was suddenly back in the spot, slipping a sweater top on that kept her somewhat modest in front of her family. Before Rio stood the 22nd Head of the Shihoin family.

"The past certainly is in the past, but that doesn't make it any less relevent in the present, don't you think?" She asked with a crooked smile, canting her head to the side. And of course, it would VERY much put into perspective a lot of this current conversation. She made her way over to Rio and patted the woman on the shoulder. "What have you been up to these days? If you don't mind me asking of course." She asked brightly, as if she HADN'T just had an ominous conversation with the woman while in feline form, the notion of such comments of the plights of the shihouin as forgotten as the brief instant that she had to get dressed between when she turned human and the steam dissipated. As Rio had said, the past was in the past. But that didn't make it irrelevant.
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:07 pm

To say that Rio was taken aback by the culprit behind the male voice was an understatement of the century. When the smoke cleared and form became apparent, a woman stood before her - a woman so incredibly familiar to Rio clan that she could not mistake her for anyone else Yoruichi Shihoin, a woman to whom she held a great deal of respect, someone she was proud to call an aunt. Rio quickly composed herself as she cleared her throat, gazing at the woman as she walked over and patted her on her shoulder, surprise to see her aunt again.

Perhaps she should've expected that it might've been Yoruichi but the woman was ever unpredictable and always reveled in playing tricks on others. Even so, a smile could not help but form in Rio's face. She was content to see a familiar face and it certainly helped to break her away from the monotony of training.

"True. The past will always have some effect or another on one's present but as it regards the Gotei, I never reflected on leaving that part of my life behind. What I've been up to these days hasn't been all that eventful. I'll occasionally take a few days off to enjoy myself on earth from time to time but I've mostly kept to myself within the estate. What about you, Aunt Yoruichi? It's been some time since we've seen one another."

Last edited by Iori on Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:48 pm
Parental Figures(Yoruichi/Rio) HEADER_0154-015

Yoruichi couldn't help but smile seeing the look of surprise on Rio's face. She so enjoyed seeing this particular member of her Family, honestly she had taken quite a bit to the notion of seeing them grow up. Rio honestly in some ways felt closer than a lot of others in the clan not just in how closely related they were, but simply to see certain positive aspects in her personality simply made her happy. "How wise of you~ Buuuuuuuuut stuff like that's more suited for trying to seem wise and important I think." She chimed, as if she herself hadn't just dropped one such similar line. All the same, she perked up at hearing Rio frequented the world of the living.

"Oho! Is that right?" She asked with a brightened smirk, as if she didn't already know that bit of information. "Well maybe we should go take a day there together sometime! I'd be very interested to see what sort of things you get up to down there! Lots of rugged loner types down earthside these days, yaknow." She noted with a slightly more sly look. She was well aware that honestly Rio seemed to take more after Yoruichi among the family. LOTS of members had kinda hooked up in one way or another. That was just Noble life. But she honestly felt like Rio could benefit from something like that. No way dis she want Rio to wind up in the situation SHE did. It was bad enough Chidori had gotten as bad as she'd got.

Last edited by ForgottenMercy on Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Iori
Iori
Veteran Member
November COTM 2011 :

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:29 pm

Rio certainly had to admit that whenever she spent time around Yoruichi, she was a breathe of fresh air. To her, Yoruichi was genuine. She never really tried to be anyone other than herself. Ever unpredictable, ever the type of woman to operate by own whim and certainly someone who danced to her own tune.

Rio admired that sense of self and had always yearned to, at least on some base level, live as freely as she did. She was beginning to realize how much of a benefit it would be to get out more and free herself of all the responsibilities she had placed on her shoulder for so many years.

There was so much in the world beyond her family and yet, when a habit became routine, it was difficult to ease it out of one's system. A bright smiled formed in her countenance as she let out a hearty chuckle in reply to Yoruichi and the proposition of spending some time with her in the world of the living. She rather welcomed spending time there.

It was a nice change of pace compared to the Soul Society. It was a fun idea and Rio felt like she would welcome the thought of... acting a little reckless for once. No duty or responsibility; just a day or two out on the town of goold ol' fashioned fun.

" Rugged loner types, huh? Well, I certainly wouldn't mind spending some time with you on earth, Aunt Yoruichi. Knowing you, it would definitely be an adventure for the ages. I'd definitely welcome getting away from here and having fun for a change'."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:41 pm
Parental Figures(Yoruichi/Rio) HEADER_0154-015

She was pleased to see that budding smile on the girl's face, a growing expression of excitement in response to her suggested course of action. Rio was.....definitely not the same sort of person Yoruichi was. Or at least, she wasn't in the same....mindset. And she could feel that a lot of what had happened with the family probably had something to do with that. She would have liked to imagine that this craziness had been.... recent. But that was just flat out untrue. This was how noble families had always been. Well before the birth of any of this new generation of Shihoin. the Family was something that always had this sort of strain, well before the stress of the Great Noble Families losing influence had become an issue. A necessary issue, at that. It was admirable to see Rio so focused on protecting the family..... but well. As nice as that sounded, that wasn't really a feasible project. Strong as rio was, she wasn't able to protect certain individuals from eachother. Or themselves. And the way Rio spoke, it sounded like she was starting to realize that. Hm.

But none of this reflected in those bright, cheerful eyes and that flashing smile. A knowing, daring look that promised adventure. "Pfft. 'For the Ages' is the kinda stuff old geezers say to make their stories sound more interesting. I'm gonna show you all the stuff Human world ahs to offer!" she noted, giving Rio a playful elbowing as she did, as if she were telling some big secret. "That said-." Her tone shifted to something more ...serious.

"Make sure you let someone know that you'll be heading out to Earth with me. the last thing you want is people worrying about you." She advised. She had every intention of getting Rio interested in the world of the living. Better to ingrain these habits now if Rio was going to be going down there on the reg. She was already .....considering a few options for where they should go heading out. they definitely wanted to go somewhere a bit less..... high profile. THAT ran the risk of being recognized as Shihoin, and being treated like princesses was hardly the experience she wanted for Rio. No no no. The PROPER environment for a Shihoin out on earth was usually low profile. Escape from all that nobility nonsense.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum