Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Office Hours [Open/Shin'o Academy] Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Office Hours [Open/Shin'o Academy] Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Office Hours [Open/Shin'o Academy] Empty Office Hours [Open/Shin'o Academy]

Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:00 pm
Office Hours [Open/Shin'o Academy] ZBd0Iyu

HENREX ASTILLON | STORMSWORD

He breathed a sigh of relief as he sat down, the class over and students began to file out of the open courtyard. It was a strange feeling, being in the place of a mentor again after so long -- but, he had to admit that it did feel nice to be able to pass on what he knew to others.

A year ago, he could never have imagined himself being in the position he was in now, teaching Zanjutsu in Shin'o Academy. He had lost his standing with just about every sect that he joined with, having left him with a sense of anxiety of what his purpose was in the world anymore -- if he even was needed in the changing times.

But, with some...particular help from Magnolia, and a great deal of time pondering and thinking to himself, he had chosen to return to the Seireitei. All to teach what he knew to up and coming Shinigami, Vizard, or, maybe even have the chance to guide someone like him, a hybrid. It was something that, at least for now, granted him a sense of purpose beyond what had been instilled in his mind for so many years -- feeling the need to be a part of something like the Gotei, the Nation of Vastime, or something akin to it in order to feel fulfillment.

Nevertheless, it was something that he held passion for, something that he'd hoped to be able to convey in the lessons to his students, to give them everything they needed to change the world in their own way.

END POST
Ottozeo
Ottozeo
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Office Hours [Open/Shin'o Academy] Left_bar_bleue0/0Office Hours [Open/Shin'o Academy] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Office Hours [Open/Shin'o Academy] Empty Re: Office Hours [Open/Shin'o Academy]

Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:56 pm
Another day came and another day went, well, for the most part. The day of studying and learning in classes may be over, but there was a lot of day light left. That only meant one thing. More time to train and improve! Tento Zefa walked with his usual enthusiasm as he walked about. He had time and energy to do some exercises, but what exactly would he do this time? Doing a mental note of things he practiced recently he began to try to cross out his options. Practiced my Hoho step yesterday...the day before that was...Kido? Let's see so that leaves Hakuda or Zanjutsu. Ahhhh...yea..I really need to practice Zanjustu. They put me in the class with the upper class students so the stuff is going to be a lot harder than my other classes...

Tento was only a freshman but somehow found himself placed into the 5th year Zanjutsu class. Apparently, he had an aptitude with the sword, a fact that surprised him since his experience from when he was alive was hand to hand combat due to his many years of studying martial arts and fighting in tournaments. He was actually saddened that that was not the class that pushed him into a different year. He could not understand how he got here. But, he would work. And he would try to keep up with the regular students as best as he could...even though it was obvious they were better than him with the accumulated knowledge they had. And who knows, if Tento worked hard enough and showed enough results, he could get pushed forward with his Hakuda classes???

Nevertheless, simply bettering himself was something that he was passionate about. He was taking on the duty of guarding the Soul Society, the living world, and all the souls within them and between. That was a large task to take on, and even more so to do well. And as Tento began to walk from the courtyard to one of the Zanjutsu class rooms, he could only learn as much as he could, one day at a time.

Last edited by Ottozeo on Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added color to text)
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Office Hours [Open/Shin'o Academy] Left_bar_bleue419100/999999Office Hours [Open/Shin'o Academy] Empty_bar_bleue  (419100/999999)
Tiers:

Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:09 pm

Just as he was turning to leave after gathering his things, he heard footsteps coming into the courtyard. He turned, looking to where the sound was coming from, seeing Tento enter. He smiled, offered a brief wave, before picking up his book and tucking it under his arm. While he didn't have him as a student, he was somewhat aware of the many faces that traversed the grounds.

"Afternoon. You're Tento Zefa, right? You actually have good timing, my class just ended, so the courtyard is pretty much yours."

He was happy to see someone in the courtyard, likely and hopefully to practice. It was nice to see people taking the lessons from the various instructors to heart, and particularly for the students in his class, it made him feel like they were taking his lessons seriously and desired to improve themselves. He gave a warm smile to the man, his free hand idly resting on the armament of Shinigami at his side.

"While I'm here, do you need anything? I'd be more than happy to give you some advice and tips, if you want."

END POST
Ottozeo
Ottozeo
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Office Hours [Open/Shin'o Academy] Left_bar_bleue0/0Office Hours [Open/Shin'o Academy] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:30 am
Tento had been in the middle of he thinking again. Distracted at first he had almost did not hear a person speaking out to him as he moved into the courtyard. A person was greeting him, a wave and a smile. A teacher from the uniform. And they knew Tento's name? Not even just his first name but his full name. That was something he could suppose meant the fellow speaking to him was a teacher or staff? Tento had not seen him before, or at least did not have any memory or feeling that he had met or knew of this person so far.

"Ah, yes sir my name is Tento Zefa,", being his normal self Tento gave a short bow towards the man. "Thank you, I was afraid for a second that I was bothering something. I did not see anyone in here but was not sure if someone was coming in a bit".

The person seemed to not be busy and even more so welcoming to the first year that was Tento. "Thank you, Mr....", Tento waited for his name. It was nice to know who someone was speaking to and even more so someone who was helping or offering to help. Specially if they knew your name. Tento gave him a chance to give his name, and would continue speaking once or if he did. "To be frank I do not know where to start in asking for tips of advice", Tento let out a little chuckle. "Everything is so new and I'm am just trying to do my best in pushing the lessons into my muscle's memories. I'm happy to take any advice or tips you can give".
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:54 pm

"Henrex. I'm a Zanjutsu teacher here."

He shook his head lightly, lifting a hand as the man gave a bow to him. He wasn't really someone who needed that level of formality -- just knowing his name and respecting his authority as a teacher was enough for him.

"No need for formalities. I think my first bit of advice would be to not let yourself get hasty. There are people who graduate from the Academy in a short amount of time, compared to the standard, but don't be afraid to take your time. It might be a bit overwhelming when it's new, but once it settles in and you get adjusted to it, you'll feel much more confident."

He paused, taking a moment to think as he thought about what Tento said. As far as advice he could give, Henrex was more than willing to help in any way that he could. But, even from what he had said, there wasn't a whole lot that he could help him with. It could be that he was trying to hastily learn and advance, but, he couldn't be sure.

"Outside of that, could you be a bit more specific? Is there anything in particular you're struggling with or not understanding?"

END POST
Ottozeo
Ottozeo
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:41 pm
Tento nodded as Henrex told him his name. He would do his best to remember this instructor's name. After doing his bow Tento would return to his normal posture to hear Henrex's rebuttal and his actions. It seemed that level of serious formality was needed. Just general respect and kindness would likely be enough probably.

Tento listend to the first comments given to him. One that he did not think he needed to hear. He knew that things took time and that one could push oneself, but there was a thing of trying to do too much too soon. Although, even if Tento thought it did not fit his situation, it was still a good piece of advice to a heed to. And so, he nodded his head, showing that he took this comment from Henrex with open ears.

"Well...one thing I am mostly not getting and struggling with it just the basics. I never held a sword in my time being alive, I did martial arts...and I think that helps with the footwork? But holding a sword in my hands feels so...wrong when I've been doing it with just my hands and legs growing up. The footwork and features of the styles just keep alluding me. It feels stiff". I hope this is making sense.

Office Hours [Open/Shin'o Academy] Tentos10
Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:19 am

It was good that he had some level of familiarity with basic stances and footwork when it came to martial arts. It wasn't going to make him some instant god of the sword, but it was something that he could help with. So, with a smile, Henrex drew his own sword, before shifting into a rather basic stance, akin to the Human World's Kendo. His legs were spread slightly apart, his left foot behind the right and the heel raised, his sword held in front of him

"It's good that you understand the fundamentals. Even if it's not the best of help, it's still a good start. Try mimicking this. It might seem a bit cliché to say, but, the most important factor of being an effective swordsman is to treat your sword and body as one entity, as one unit."

He relinquished his stance, holding his sword by his side.

"The basic style that Shin'o Academy teaches seek to balance offense and defense. It's basis is in simplicity, using easy, fluid movements to push an opponent off-balance and break their posture."

He took the stance again, taking a couple paces back

"Footwork for this style isn't all that complicated, once you get down to it. In essence, you're just making simple adjustments and steps to achieve the primary goal: break through an enemy's defense. But, this is also just talking about offense. It's not too different with defense, either, it's just making simple adjustments to keep your footing and balance."

He was about to continue, but quickly stopped himself. He knew that Tento was asking for advice, and he had basically just hopped right into lecture mode

"Ah...sorry about that, got a bit carried away and ended up in a tangent. Uh, am I making sense so far?"

END POST
Ottozeo
Ottozeo
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:41 pm
Tento knew that he had his limitation, and being his style. He wanted to push beyond them. To train his skills and improve to his capabilities, and then find ways to be beyond them. That mindset served him well. It was something did instinctively...and was something he had to do. He did not know anything else.

This was something new and completely different though. Beyond moving from hand to hand combat with only ones body to shifting to one where the sword or any other melee weapon was used. Tento also had the phenomenon of...the spiritual world and its higher implications to deal with. He was aware of these type of things when he was alive, but he was a skeptic. And even more so, did not see an influence of Reiastu and spiritual pressure in the human world to the extent that the after life had. The level present in the Shino Academy.

He was eager and mentally ready to improve. By his own efforts and by the aid of the ones around him. And so, when Henrex drew his own sword and settled into a stance. Tento did his best to mimic it. His feet spread apart, it felt common with the general other horse stances he has seen. So, he went to about shoulder length, his left food behind his right but they were both pressed flatly against the ground. Tento would draw his sword and position it in front of himself. "Like this?".

He would look at Henrex and himself a bit back and forth. Making further slight corrections in the differences he saw that were subtle but never getting it exactly as he thought it should be. He nodded along to Henrex's words as he did so. And continued to hold this stance when Henrex left his stance. Tento eyed Henrex as he talked and move. Letting the details fall into his brain being placed into yet anther folder labeled about the teachings at this school. This stance was a default, one that balanced offense and defense. It was simple. It was different from the one that Tento had started developing, pushing more attention towards offense, mobility, and evasion.

He listened attentively to Henrex's words. The information being given to him was very helpful. It gave him stuff to remember and think about. "No no you are fine, great even. I'm finding all this helpful".

Henrex
Henrex
Tor'uk

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:42 pm

Henrex knew that the struggle of switching up what was basically an entire form of thought and practice was difficult. He experienced something similar to what Tento now went through, albeit inversely, with a struggle in Hakuda compared to flourishing Zanjutsu. He could sense the eagerness and overwhelming desire to improve and learn, and, knowing that, made the half-breed smile.

He watched as the young man attempted to mimic the stance, and he wordlessly scanned Tento up and down, nodding slowly. He was glad to see that he was being helpful, smiling warmly at Tento's response. But, then he noticed his footwork. His expression didn't change, but he lowered his sword, pointing the tip at his left foot -- at a safe distance, of course.

"Good, good, but, lift up the heel of your left foot. Doing that will let you get your feet moving a bit quicker, allowing you to generate forward momentum faster, as well as having a bit more support if you're stationary and blocking an attack."

He lifted his sword to the previous position, tilted the blade downward slightly as he gave a slight nod to him, hopefully indicating for him to mimic this action as well.

"This style was based off one of the styles of Kendo in the Living World, chudan. In essence, the word means 'middle-level', reflective of your posture. Your sword will mainly be staying in front of you, giving you a solid way to initiate offense, as well as quickly switch to defense. Again, it's all based in simplicity and small adjustments."

He paused, lowering his sword.

"Now, what kind of small adjustments do you think would be made to emphasize offense, and what kind of adjustments would emphasize defense?"

END POST
Ottozeo
Ottozeo
Experienced Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:31 pm
Learning and growing was something that does not happen over night. At least when it comes to growth, growth worthy of notice. It was not something to be rushed, unless under the most tedious necessary conditions. And even then not for a long period of time, less wanted to acquire poor habits and hurt themselves in the long run. It was a good thing Tento had the focus and wisdom to think about this at times. That did not stopped the determined man to want to grow though. He wished he had an easier time at it, but at the same time he enjoyed the process. Learning more about a new style, a new mindset, it was all so thrilling. And thus, he was extremely appreciate to anyone who was experience and willing to give him advice. Heck, Tento would be happy for someone at his own level or below just giving him a different perspective to think about.

Watching Henrex's response, Tento's eyes watch the instructor's sword point to his feet. An indicator that something was off and needed correction. Following the advice, Tento attempt to make some adjustments, lifting up the heel of his left foot lightly while trying to maintain the same amount of pressure on his right. "I see I see, thank you. I''ll try to do my best to keep this in mind". After doing this action, Tento would down at his position piece by piece. Trying to remember the ways the posture and feet positions were. Trying to make sure he got a full feel and look at how his body look before looking at Henrex again. Trying to commit everything to his memory bank.

He would then follow Henrex again, titling his sword in his hand in a downward movement. Doing his best to go at the same tempo as Henrex, one that was smooth and calm for a practice attempt. Natural. As this transpired Henrex spoke more. This man was very knowledgable, holding much wisdom that should be heeded. Oh how Tento wished he had any knowledge of this, it was a concept from the Living world that he had no barrings on. Even a basic experience before would have likely to be beneficial. Alas, there was nothing he could do about the past, just the present and his future.

He listened, trying to understand the concept and ideology of what was being told to him. Chudan, an interesting one that seemed to be about balance. Being able to start an offense or react and go into a defense. A very useful style Tento would expect. "I see, it sounds like something that can be very adaptable. Now...since we raised a heel to allow movement to switch between offense and defense. I suppose maybe planting both feet down, keeping on back as a leverage so I can withstand and block blows while having the posture to also move. Perhaps lowering my center of gravity slightly as well? I also suppose moving into a sideways stance could limit target areas, but would also possibly making reacting to other areas harder to do or take more time". These were all guesses, mainly from his experience in hand to hand combat. One needed to be strong and balanced, while still able to move. Having a strong base always helped with that from his knowledge.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum