Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Eyo Girl. You want a promotion? [Hakuyou, Makoto] Left_bar_bleue999999/999999Eyo Girl. You want a promotion? [Hakuyou, Makoto] Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

Eyo Girl. You want a promotion? [Hakuyou, Makoto] Empty Eyo Girl. You want a promotion? [Hakuyou, Makoto]

Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:30 am
Eyo Girl. You want a promotion? [Hakuyou, Makoto] Header5

MAKOTO ARIMA

So far so good, she vacantly walked around the class that was equally spaced, sitting legs crossed with their ausauchi in their laps. Spirit communication was one of the easier courses but it did draw out a little, it didn't surprise her that people were not the most fond of teaching it but not her. She found that when people were doing an activity like this it was so much easier to not think the awful thoughts she did about them - and people during the night classes were far more docile from the fatigue, as well as just being less overall.

Occasionally her foot tapped one or two students, maybe one falling asleep or a duo had decided to try and sneak in whispers. It was the final stretch really this part, she'd spent the start going over the basics of jinzen, positions and other tips and tricks while the last part was entirely up to them to practice and try to communicate with their zanpakuto.

Most of them probably wouldn't get it, quite a few shinigami never really achieved their shikai, let alone the fewer ones which attained bankai.

"Alright, that's about time. You're all free to go get some sleep now, any questions can be asked before you go."

To no surprise, Makoto did not see many stick around or have any questions for her.

ASPIRING PARAGON | END POST

Last edited by Gamma on Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Eyo Girl. You want a promotion? [Hakuyou, Makoto] Gamma_Signature
Eyo Girl. You want a promotion? [Hakuyou, Makoto] CHARACTER_LISTEyo Girl. You want a promotion? [Hakuyou, Makoto] GRAPHICS_THREADEyo Girl. You want a promotion? [Hakuyou, Makoto] TIMELINE_THREAD
MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Eyo Girl. You want a promotion? [Hakuyou, Makoto] Left_bar_bleue174500/99999Eyo Girl. You want a promotion? [Hakuyou, Makoto] Empty_bar_bleue  (174500/99999)
Tiers:

Eyo Girl. You want a promotion? [Hakuyou, Makoto] Empty Re: Eyo Girl. You want a promotion? [Hakuyou, Makoto]

Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:37 am
Eyo Girl. You want a promotion? [Hakuyou, Makoto] Banner-shiba

Hakuyou Shiba | Shinigami of the Silk Road

The captain haori on his shoulders felt strange, different, and heavy.

The traditional robe that signified his status was mute and restrained coffering with it the respect expected of a man of his status. Despite the heavy eyes which adorned his face he looked relatively youthful and spry. Very little could let people know he was almost a Millennium old. He took great lengths to appear the consummate professional bringing with him a mix of new and old. He waited for the young shinigami to leave the classroom of Makoto, waiting in the back he offered a restrained smile to some as they passed him.

When the room was clear he’d approach towards her, his large stature and heavy footsteps seemingly bouncing off the walls. His face display the neutrality he was so known for, a smile or frown would seem out of place on it.

“I did not wish to disturb the study.” He’d remark his head turning to look at the empty seats, before turning back to her. “I’ve been offered and made the captain of the sixth division, Makoto. I wish for you to raise you to the vice-captaincy.” It was short and too the point, feeling no need to call upon her past accolades or pitch it fancifully. This was a matter of importance not the base praise of someone who needed to be sold on that.

“Do you accept or decline this burden of responsibility?”

END POST | SHIBA RESTORATION

Eyo Girl. You want a promotion? [Hakuyou, Makoto] JfH75kA
Eyo Girl. You want a promotion? [Hakuyou, Makoto] H8Tyk70
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Eyo Girl. You want a promotion? [Hakuyou, Makoto] Left_bar_bleue999999/999999Eyo Girl. You want a promotion? [Hakuyou, Makoto] Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

Eyo Girl. You want a promotion? [Hakuyou, Makoto] Empty Re: Eyo Girl. You want a promotion? [Hakuyou, Makoto]

Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:51 am

MAKOTO ARIMA

It was a little surprising, jarring even. Makoto had been so busy over the course of the day that she had not bothered to keep up to date with the fact that her new captain might've been announced and then there was the academy duties that followed it afterwards so when she saw the former third seat enter her class of only a few people left she paused.

Staring at him in a daze before he announced that he didn't want to disturb despite the class being over, it was the kind of thing that she needed to come to a more taut posture and polite bow to greet the newly promoted captain, coming back up to look at him with her normally stern expression failing with her eyes betraying her own surprise at what he had to say.

"Of course, Captain Shiba. I accept the role of vice-captain."

Makoto didn't even have room for small talk. In a way she liked his curt attitude towards it but it did come as a bit of a surprise.

"The class is already finished.. Though I admit it's late so I don't want to keep you, sir."

She did feel a little bashful though, thinking about that if she were promoted to captain then she would probably have done the exact same thing. Come to her desired vice-captain, even if it was an inconvenience in the middle of the night.

"I appreciate your efforts to track me down and request this of me. Thank you."

Eyo Girl. You want a promotion? [Hakuyou, Makoto] CHARACTER_LISTEyo Girl. You want a promotion? [Hakuyou, Makoto] GRAPHICS_THREADEyo Girl. You want a promotion? [Hakuyou, Makoto] TIMELINE_THREAD
MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Eyo Girl. You want a promotion? [Hakuyou, Makoto] Left_bar_bleue174500/99999Eyo Girl. You want a promotion? [Hakuyou, Makoto] Empty_bar_bleue  (174500/99999)
Tiers:

Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:13 am

“I wouldn’t thank me. You proved yourself more than enough. I wouldn’t have chosen you, otherwise.”

He had little time for worthless praise but he was in the same position as her not that long ago. He felt it beyond important that she be made aware that the reason he chose her was because of the work she put in, nothing more and nothing less. When the lives of countless, and the legacy of more, rested squarely upon their shoulders things needed to be taken with grave seriousness.

He closes the distance over to her walking slowly, his frame casting a large shadow. The sound of his sword and rifle clinking lightly on his side, amber irises focused on her.

“There’s much to be done, and very little time to do so. While our previous captain maintained orderly logs, we must organize our muster rolls. Gain an understanding of the resources we command, and begin planning the next steps for the security of the realm.”

As he spoke he did so calmly, slowly, but with a level of absoluteness that few held. Hakuyou was no leader of men until now, and one thing he liked more than any other captain was logistics. Numbers on paper. Information. With information and a well organized division he could safely depart to handle his family business while seeing to the security of the realm.

“It is important to me, Makoto, that I say these words. That you commit them to heart.” He’d make his way past her for a moment staring at the chalkboard that no doubt held a lesson on it. A moment of silence weighed for a moment, before he turned back to her.

“We are committed to the safety of the realm, the laws of the Gotei are upheld, and serve the people of the soul society. In the past, perhaps before your time, these things were not evenly enforced. A man's status in this world afforded him a level of autonomy that no Rukongai citizen might have.”

Hakuyou was not a verbose man, nor one who seemed to display passion loudly. A silent workhorse committed to his tasks, unyielding pursuing whatever was his duty. But in this moment those amber eyes seemed heavy with a lifetime behind them.

“That will never happen under our watch. The bloated, corrupt, underbelly of this realm might have been dealt a heavy blow but it exists, still. To those who hide within it, we shall rip them from their roots and expose their darkness to the world. Noble or commoner. Our predecessor made it habit to break precedent.”

He took a slow breath, watching her reaction carefully.

“We’ve no reason to stop that. I’d like to start working now.”

Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:21 am

MAKOTO ARIMA

It was a lot to take in, his words and she gave a curt nod at the end. They shared those values, and while she would never admit it. There was a level of animosity held towards the aristocracy and maybe that was a little personal but she would claw at the seams of that corrupt fabric and acquire any, and all misdeeds of them to hold them to the same standard as the people they trampled over.

"I agree, sir. I'm willing to start immediately."

He had delivered her such a speech and Makoto responded with so little but she did not have to, did she? They were of the same mind and even though it was late she was willing to spend the whole night with him in the barracks working if he desired. It had been a few weeks since Abalia resigned and Magnolia was poached by the engimatic Royal Guard.

There was probably plenty of work that needed to be done there, and a system to be established that suited their preferences more than their predecessors.

MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:36 am

“Let’s go to the barracks, then.”

He appreciated her curtness, it showed she understood without question. While he had to say a lot, it was enough that it established the expectations he had for her. This would not be an easy role for either of them, especially due to the high standards Hakuyou held. He turned to depart, his haori flowing slightly as he started to walk. He spoke in the same breath.

“We need an accurate number of all active shinigami in our ranks, I want to ensure our cataloging system for reports is up to date. Any paperwork I want to finish tonight, I’m sure there’s been a back up due to recent events. After we get our footing, we can begin planning proactive steps.”

Just like that he was telling her about their goals. Things that needed to be done. So much and so little time. But that was in their nature in taking over this massive beast.

“I know a few good shinigami who might make decent seated officers. I want to place your academic and teaching skills to use, I want to devise a mandatory course for all our seated officers. Things like investigation, emergency plans, and leadership skills need to be modernized.”

And like that he was off. His words showing that his mind was already moving on how to improve this division. The standards he would setting forth might prove too much for some, and he was prepared for backlash.

But a modernized division. One which could not only fulfill its role as protectors but upholders of law would require detective work. And this would be the first step.

Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:46 am

MAKOTO ARIMA

It was intense, if Makoto was anyone else she might've felt a little caught off guard by the newly promoted captain appearing immediately after her class, promoting her and then putting her to work through the entire night for the sake of getting on top of their division. No, Makoto did not lack that kind of temperment and she would likely stay up and continue with her duties all the way into the evening of the next day as well.

Maintaining her cognitive discipline under the effects of sleep deprivation was one of her strengths after all.

"Yes sir. I can tally our current roster while you assess what paperwork needs to be done, after which point and that is up to date we can begin to move onto these changes."

As far as her role as a teacher, Makoto was already planning out those requests as she walked behind him. Letting him think about the proposal of how to begin their workload and create the pathway which might be more effecient.

"I can create something, I cannot promise something perfected before the morning but I will have a framework for you to peruse and decide if it is up to your standards and refine. Is that acceptable, sir?"

MorpheusDavol
MorpheusDavol
Seasoned Member
Morph OTY

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:58 am

"More then. The courses can wait until we've fully accessed our current situation. The tally and paperwork are the most pressing, no telling how much is currently held up because of that." He'd remark with a nod as they made their way down the hallway, his head focused forward. He was happy to see her keeping pace with him, and not caught off guard by the things required of both of them. Besides, he'd be right alongside her doing this.

"While I want this all done quickly, it'll be important we take our time and refine. Are you a coffee drinker? Have you ate?" He'd ask turning to look at her as they walked, more than aware that empty stomachs created empty heads. And of course, as her superior he felt inclined to care about her wellbeing. While he was sure Makoto would work as hard, and as long, as he wanted it was his job to take into account her needs.

"I'll get us food when you grow hungry. If we're still working by the official start of the day, we'll hold a meeting with the division. Captaincy annoucement and expectations."

Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:10 pm

MAKOTO ARIMA

That was a fair response, it was a bit of a question done in the spirit of passive interrogation to try and assess what kind of captain that Hakuyou would be. Agreeable, while she had been given the option to take the vice-captain role. Makoto didn't entertain wasting time thinking about the consequences of taking the position, it was meaningless to be caught up over weighing it up.

She had worked with him enough as a fellow seated officer to feel confident in her choice - and the promotion was something that the ambitious woman that aspired to be a paragon of the shinigami and a model to others wouldn't say no to. In short, he was stuck with her now.

"I don't drink coffee and I ate before my class started, sir. I assure you I will be fine over the night."

Makoto said while meeting Hakuyou's gaze as they walked at a brisk pace. The new vice-captain reaching up to pluck at the ribbon in her hair and let it out. It wasn't any kind of subtext that she was letting her hair down metaphorically speaking with him. She was just sick of how tight she had pulled her hair into the ponytail and it was annoying her.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum