Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Love is Long and Lost [Byakuya, Hisana] Left_bar_bleue999999/999999Love is Long and Lost [Byakuya, Hisana] Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

Love is Long and Lost [Byakuya, Hisana] Empty Love is Long and Lost [Byakuya, Hisana]

Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:09 am
Love is Long and Lost [Byakuya, Hisana] Byakuya-Header

BYAKUYA KUCHIKI

Word travelled quickly around these parts. It was inevitable really that such rumours came to the ears of the Kuchiki and left its current head of many centuries ruminating, Hisana Kuchiki. So much to think about, after four-hundred years or so she resurfaces and to nothing good. The clan elders who had disapproved of the marriage and adoption of Rukia to fulfill that promise.

A scar on the man who was defined by upholding the pride of the Kuchiki and the laws of Soul Society. After listening to what felt like hours of debate, which he contributed nothing into it besides his ears committed to hearing every bit of the insight of them. Byakuya finally stirred, leaving to go and see the merit of these murmurs.

To go see a ghost of a past long gone.

Principle lodged in the eyes | END POST

Love is Long and Lost [Byakuya, Hisana] Gamma_Signature
Love is Long and Lost [Byakuya, Hisana] CHARACTER_LISTLove is Long and Lost [Byakuya, Hisana] GRAPHICS_THREADLove is Long and Lost [Byakuya, Hisana] TIMELINE_THREAD
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Love is Long and Lost [Byakuya, Hisana] Left_bar_bleue0/0Love is Long and Lost [Byakuya, Hisana] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Love is Long and Lost [Byakuya, Hisana] Empty Re: Love is Long and Lost [Byakuya, Hisana]

Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:13 am
Love is Long and Lost [Byakuya, Hisana] HEADER_32596747_p9

It had been a while since she had brought in Shiro. The visit from Rukia had been a welcome surprise but now she had mostly been visited by people asking lots of questions. She answered as best she could, knowing that this was likely an important matter. What she hadn’t expected was just how long she’d been dead.

It was in that very moment that she felt that familiar presence entering the room. She’d been so exhausted in answering so many questions that she was entirely asleep when he had arrived. The sense of that old familiar pressure was something that stirred her only slightly, but not enough to fully wake her.

As Byakuya entered, he would be afforded a moment of preparation. A moment to simply see the small familiar woman slumped over the table she had been seated at. Head turned just enough so that he could see her face.

And but a moment later, her eyes would creak open, and she sleepily looked in his direction. But the sight would sober her almost immediately.

”Lord Byakuya?” He had never managed to get her to drop the ‘Lord’ even when they had married.

Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Love is Long and Lost [Byakuya, Hisana] Left_bar_bleue999999/999999Love is Long and Lost [Byakuya, Hisana] Empty_bar_bleue  (999999/999999)
Tiers:

Love is Long and Lost [Byakuya, Hisana] Empty Re: Love is Long and Lost [Byakuya, Hisana]

Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:25 am

BYAKUYA KUCHIKI

He had already had to steel his mind and more importantly his heart on the way here, every step like another layer of reinforcement to his principles. On one hand could he forsake his deceased wife but could he once again break the rules that he upheld so heavily? To bring another scar onto his - and by proxy, his family's - pride.

By the time he saw her, it was almost enough to crack his stoic expression and damage his icy image if he had not the gall to uphold that same demeanour as he sentenced Rukia to death all those centuries ago. For a long moment he just regarded her, looking at her and taking in the details. Comparing them to the memories which were still crystal clear in his mind of their time together.

Yet they were that, memories. So was she.

"What name do you go by?"

She was no longer a plus, she was an arrancar and he was not a fool to let his heart lead him. It would be foolish of him to not remember that Espada.

Love is Long and Lost [Byakuya, Hisana] CHARACTER_LISTLove is Long and Lost [Byakuya, Hisana] GRAPHICS_THREADLove is Long and Lost [Byakuya, Hisana] TIMELINE_THREAD
ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Love is Long and Lost [Byakuya, Hisana] Left_bar_bleue0/0Love is Long and Lost [Byakuya, Hisana] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:48 am
Love is Long and Lost [Byakuya, Hisana] HEADER_32596747_p9

Ah. Well that made sense she supposed. He was always so guarded that it made sense to see him like this. She paused… and then lowered her head, letting it all slip away. The veil that hid her spiritual pressure, kept her looking….. normal. She did not want to hurt Rukia by showing her more than a glimpse. But Byakuya….. Byakuya would want to see the whole truth.

She glanced back up to him and… then averted her gaze. It was…. Painful to show this form. Especially to him.
”Hisana is the only name I remember.” She noted softly, looking to the side before a sheepish smile formed.

”I’m sorry. Rukia recognized me. Which means you had to break your promise to me. After having upheld the first one I had so selfishly asked of you….” she closed her eyes. ”Even after I was gone… you did so much for me. I know this is all so… confusing. I… -“ she halted herself, realizing it was all just spilling out. She took a breath and attempted to compose herself, before a soft sheepish smile touched her lips.

”I’m sorry. Everything keeps… rushing back to me.” she sighed, leaving him room to speak after her little deluge of dialogue
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:43 pm

BYAKUYA KUCHIKI

He let out an heavy exhale at seeing the visage fade away and her true form. Could he call it disgusting? Is that appropriate to describe something that harmed his pride, the memory of his deceased wife so much? To see it distorted and given that shape and yet it was so earnest. He felt as though he were walking a tightrope only matched in peril by the time he had to decide upon Rukia's fate on execution.

"Even if you possess her memories, can you really be called Hisana?"

Byakuya let out another sigh as he asked it, poising a question which was admittedly more philosophical than he'd have liked in this situation. To question whether something that was in likeness to the original could be called the original itself? Ah, folly.

And yet he could not be sure this was not some ploy, some attempt at deceit by an Arrancar. Though, as he recalled from Rukia's report all that time ago. The Noveno Espada's ability was dissipated under the light, though that begged the question of how. Kaien's death made it clear as to how he ended up as a part of the Espada. Hisana had died naturally, of illness maybe but naturally nonetheless.

There was no intervention of a hollow. It didn't make sense and underneath his composed shell, it bewildered him.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:29 pm
Love is Long and Lost [Byakuya, Hisana] HEADER_35573726_p3

She .....wasn't sure what to say to that. Looking up, she stared at the man who had once comforted her. Hope in physical form....giving her a chance at a happy life. At a life for her sister. He had done.....so much. Hadn't he?

He had done all of this for Hisana. But had he done that for her? Was she Hisana? The question was harder to answer than she'd have liked. Even IF she was the real soul of Hisana Kuchiki. What was left of it now? She was in control now...... but how long would that last? And in an instant she felt....fear creeping in through the peripherals of her mind. She was .... a hollow. Which meant...Hisana had either been consumed....or turned into a hollow. Or were those simply her memories? Souls lost their memories when they died, didn't they? But what happened to those memories? Somehow they had stuck to the soul. Was that.....normal? Why had they emerged? But as he said...that was all she had.

Memories. And the more she thought about it.....the more she felt like....that wasn't enough. She gently hugged herself, staring down at the floor. Shaken. Hisana's were memories of ......terrible things. Abandoning. Grief. Obsession. And even in death...she had only asked more of this man before her. Why WAS she Hisana? She remembered so many other things. Happy things. Sad things. Why were these memories what bubbled up? Why did they feel the most real? But......feeling real. Didn't make them real.

She felt warmth run down her cheeks.
Her reply was a quiet, shaky thing.
"I suppose......probably not."
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:53 pm

BYAKUYA KUCHIKI

This was a solemn thing, he had to close his eyes to think. The sight was just far to difficult to watch while he planned the best course of action. No, that was incorrect. There was no best or appropriate course of action here, the waters he floated in were muddy and tainted. He knew there was no way to escape this situation with his pride intact, for this woman was not his wife who had he painfully said goodbye to but she was the memory of the woman. On the other hand, his pride would be scarred as the 28th Head of the Kuchiki yet again if he acted rashly in this situation. The memory of his wife or the name of the Kuchiki.

There was no course of action where he left without destroying the tenets that he upheld with his very heart and soul. No course where he left without a burdened conscious.

"What is it that you want?"

Now that they had concluded, she was not Hisana. He could realistically have cut ties with her there. No, he should've ended this hear and left. There was no obligation to a hollow that wore her face, her very identity like this. Were he a stronger man he ought to have put her to death here, put her memory to rest now like it had been four-hundred years.

Ah but that was impossible wasn't it? Rukia would never forgive him, Hisana would never forgive him. Distant as their relationship had become, Byakuya could not condemn this weak and scared soul to death for the sake of his pride. He could only discern what it's purpose was for being here now, now that they had decided that she was not Hisana Kuchiki.

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:28 pm
Love is Long and Lost [Byakuya, Hisana] HEADER_35573726_p3

A pause, briefly breaking her from that slow shrinking huddle. She looked up at him and was.....surprised. Before, it had simply been a new notion. A philosophical question which had challenged her perspective. It was borne of logic. Something to expect from a man like Byakuya. But...

This was not a logical question. After all, she was not Hisana. What did he care what she wanted? For a moment, she was confused. Until she thought back. A ....struggle. Hisana's memories were so full of darkness that it was hard to think past it. But ....it wasn't impossible. Ahhhhhhhh, that was why. Hisana had always wondered. Why it was that Byakuya had found her in the first place. It was one thing that by some circumstance he might have fallen for her. But.....why was he even in the Rukongai in the first place? She had not been some cinderella. She had not been some ....lucky thing showing up to a Noble gathering in soft finery, a rare rose among common noble flowers. That simply wasn't how Nobility worked. What he had seen....was a dirty....hungry....filthy little scrap of nothing. Wandering the Rukongai and trying to survive.

A scrap he had plucked from that terrible place, and nurtured. Somehow....for some ...unknown reason. Hisana didn't....KNOW. Byakuya was such a guarded man. Burdened with responsibility. But.....she had always suspected. That he was a kind man. So kind......that it had hurt him. That is what had truly hurt Hisana. That the one scap he had pulled from the dirt had to be her. Why.....couldn't he have saved someone that could make him happy? Someone selfless? Why did he have to save some coward that had abandoned her sister? And whose guilt had made the remainder of this poor man's days a slow, sad death of his heart?

She wiped away her tears, despite no sign of the flow stopping.
"I want.....to help Rukia and Shiro." She wanted to say the Kuchiki, but she knew that was not her place to do. "I ....don't remember much else. everything is ....blurry. My existence as an arrancar....has been nothing but ...blurry....filled with memories of guilt. It's hard to remember everything. But what I do remember isn't .....good. But ......running into Rukia and Shiro. They consider me Hisana. I feel happy around them. Happy seeing what Rukia has done for Soul Society. and she ....I think she needs Hisana. When I came here...it was because Shiro was hurt protecting me. I carried him here to have him treated. And then, found out who he was to Rukia."

She glanced up at Byakuya. "I don't want to take Hisana away from Rukia. Or have Shiro have been hurt for nothing. I want....to be something. She had so many things in her. It was just....buried under the fear and hunger and guilt. I want Rukia to be just as Proud of Hisana....as Hisana is to see where she is now." She closed her eyes. Even if she wasn't the real Hisana. She was everything Hisana had once been. and that included wanting to make things right. If that was even possible.
Gamma
Gamma
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:53 pm

BYAKUYA KUCHIKI

He understood, at least he assumed he understood the best that he could of this situation. She was clinging to what she had, all that she knew to accept the identity rather than attempt to run from it after it was challenged. Byakuya did not know what to think of that, and for the sake of himself he dared not to trespass into thinking too much on it.

"If that is what you wish then you are free to go, however..."

He paused while having to articulate this, the decision was set in stone before he came here by the family elders. He was merely the emissary and while he could go against them. He could not bring himself to throw away all that he was yet again. He was the Head of the Kuchiki and even though he was no longer a Captain of the Gotei Thirteen, Byakuya still upheld the laws of Soul Society as the paragon of justice he aspired to be.

If the nobles could not uphold the law, why would anyone else? It was the same principle he held in this moment. Were he to once again disobey, to make waves in the family as its Head then he was not the man that swore on his father's grave to uphold never break the rules after both times were because of this woman, everything that she represented. He could not do it a third time.

"You are not Hisana Kuchiki in the eyes of the Kuchiki Family and they are disinclined to recognise you as such, a hollow that flaunts a noblewoman's face and name. You have no place there, however... I was a Captain of the Gotei Thirteen and while I no longer bare that mantle I will respect the Captain Commander's authority on any matter pertaining to you, find your place with Rukia and be satisfied."

There was the subtle hint, the inkling of a recommendation to acquire the Captain Commander's sanctuary where his family could not reach her. He watched her die, he would rather not be her executioner this time around. Rukia was far enough from the family now, distant enough that they would cast a blind eye to her ongoings. Her romance with this Shiro had only further pushed her away out of their graces, for the best probably.

"That is all that I have to offer you."

ForgottenMercy
ForgottenMercy
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:18 pm
Love is Long and Lost [Byakuya, Hisana] HEADER_22915677_p5

She was..... she wasn't sure what to call it. Happy. But .a......certain kind of happy. That solemn way that he spoke....and the way he ....particularly worded himself. In the same words that he refused her, he also left a trail for her.
"The Kuchiki Family" "They are" Words of refusal, but in such a way that distanced himself from such things. As if to assure her....that his opinion...may.....differ.
And to that which he associated with himself, he left something for her to go for. The Captain Commander? She honestly didn't remember any such person.....she had never drawn in the memories from someone from a Shinigami. She had no idea who that was. But would they help her? He seemed to think it possible. It was reality.....that much she understood. And yet, the bitter medicine was given the promise of sweetness. Hope. And something to start with. For now, she would be there for Rukia, and seek some sort of sanctuary. So at the very least, she could be here for Rukia. She would be able to try and life a better life for Hisana, and Rukia would be able to have her sister.

"It's more than enough. Thank you.......Lord Kuchiki." She noted softly. Understanding that she shouldn't keep calling him by his first name. No matter how familiar he felt. But the smile on her face, regardless of the words on her lips: still said 'Lord Byakuya'.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum