Bleach Platinum Hearts RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to The Platinum Hearts Scroller. Here you can find our most recent Of the Year and Of the Season winners. Happy Roleplaying! --- Member of the Year: Locke --- Character of the Year: Alastair Eisfluch --- New Characters of the Year: Mizu Morikawa and Igendai Gyakusuma --- Social Thread of the Year: A Letter for Hymn --- Combat Thread of the Year: Raise Your Spirits --- Member of the Season: Paradigm --- Characters of the Season: Byakuya Kuchiki and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Applications of the Season: Armina Willsaam and Klein Schwarzwotan --- Fight Thread of the Season: Search and Destroy --- Social Thread of the Season: Damage Assessment --- Event Thread of the Season: Midnight Assault
Go down
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Dost Thou be Noble [Cyrus, Alastair] Left_bar_bleue16000/1Dost Thou be Noble [Cyrus, Alastair] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Dost Thou be Noble [Cyrus, Alastair] Empty Dost Thou be Noble [Cyrus, Alastair]

Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:20 am
Dost Thou be Noble [Cyrus, Alastair] MKPVPsr

CYRUS | VANDENREICH GRANDMASTER

Cyrus, in truth, was not certain with whom he ought to speak among the Vandenreich. After all, working hours were rather past over, weren't they? The sun had set, and most of the people had gone home. Perhaps that was only more indicative of how things had gone. So caught up in himself that he had scarcely even realized no others were around to speak with.

Well, no matter. Perhaps he ought simply leave the building, go outside. His steps echoed through the empty halls with a surprising melancholy, as if only further reinforcing the current state of things. But that was what Cyrus was here trying to curtail, wasn't it?

Someone would be about, eventually. And for all of his current grief, he would not give up just yet.

END POST | MESSE NOCE YOR TES MEA

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Dost Thou be Noble [Cyrus, Alastair] Left_bar_bleue0/0Dost Thou be Noble [Cyrus, Alastair] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Dost Thou be Noble [Cyrus, Alastair] Empty Re: Dost Thou be Noble [Cyrus, Alastair]

Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:43 am
Dost Thou be Noble [Cyrus, Alastair] SvomhR4

ALASTAIR EISFLUCH | STERNRITTER

Working late was not something that Alastair had intended to make a habit of, and yet it came naturally to him. There was always more work that needed doing, it seemed, and he threw his heart into each and every task because he needed to set the best example for those around him. If that meant that he was one of the last out of the office most every night then it was a small price to pay.

Tonight was no exception, as the orange rays of sundown let him know that it was well past time to head home. So he got his small office in order and began to lock the path behind him. It was the echoing footfalls of another that drew his gaze from his task and cast a glance down the hallway. Spotting Cyrus approaching, he did wonder first if he should even say anything or just let the man pass in peace. Of course, he would be busy and that was why he was here so late too.

But Alastair had his vices. So he stood and offered a formal gesture in greeting once the man was close enough to appreciate such. He wore a measured frown, slight enough to show that he was genuinely interested in conversation without overselling his ardour for such.

"I trust the evening finds you well, Grandmaster?"

A Bright New Dawn | END POST
Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Dost Thou be Noble [Cyrus, Alastair] Left_bar_bleue16000/1Dost Thou be Noble [Cyrus, Alastair] Empty_bar_bleue  (16000/1)
Tiers:

Dost Thou be Noble [Cyrus, Alastair] Empty Re: Dost Thou be Noble [Cyrus, Alastair]

Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:39 am

Well, of everyone that he might have crossed paths with, Cyrus would be lying if he said that the young Coordinator Eisfluch was a poor outcome. If anything, it was one of the Vandenreich members with whom he had a better rapport than most, if simply by merit of their prior interactions.

"It finds me well enough. But the working hours have come to a close, you know. Simply Cyrus is perfectly acceptable."

Of course, he knew that many in Alastair's position would not feel comfortable referring to the Grandmaster by his first name, but it would be infinitely preferable in this particular instance. After all, he was not here to interact with a subordinate in a professional manner. He was simply here to remind himself of those who believed in him.

"I hope that you've found yourself finished with work for the evening, at least? If not, then I feel I ought to say that you may call your workday over. Overwork is...far from ideal."

He could not help but pause as he said that. It certainly stirred memories all too fresh in his mind. No, best not to dwell on that. Learn from it, yes. But do not linger, do not let it consume oneself.

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Dost Thou be Noble [Cyrus, Alastair] Left_bar_bleue0/0Dost Thou be Noble [Cyrus, Alastair] Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Tiers:

Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:37 pm

"Of course, Cyrus, I suppose it has grown later than I intended but I have done all I planned to for the day."

It was oddly relieving to say the Grandmaster's name aloud, almost as if it lifted a weight of formality from his shoulders. Not that Alastair had any intention of being anything close to informal now, he was still conversing with the leader of the order and a man who he had soon enough become his role model for how to carry himself in day-to-day life. Not that he had any intention of admitting as such, far better that he maintained his image as a diligent worker than turned into some childish fangirl.

"I just want to make sure that I am doing enough. Overworking sounds excessive, but I do not want to fall behind my peers."

He was probably oversharing, maybe he should not have said it, but he did not want Cyrus to think that he was pointlessly wearing himself out. That he was working this hard just to avoid thinking about the other issues that bubbled away deep down inside.

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:54 pm

"Very good. Then would you like to join me for a late meal? I had hardly expected to be here for so long, myself, so we can certainly take the evening to relax, hm?"

Honestly, Cyrus was quite far removed from this sort of casual interaction, with the idea of simply going out and speaking with those he could call a friend. But that was what he had dedicated himself toward for the evening, and it was hardly the worst person he might have found to ask to join him.

"Simply bear in mind that the Vandenreich is not merely comprised of individuals. You may seek to match your peers in this respect, but remember that it there are others whose purpose in being here is to help. Even a leader must still remain human in the eyes of his subordinates. It allows those who serve under us to remember we are like them."

Of course, he knew all too well that such words applied to himself, as well. It was precisely for that reason that he said them.

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:34 pm

"I would be happy to accompany you, certainly, a relaxing evening sounds like an excellent suggestion."

Here he was, casually interacting with the Grandmaster. It was perhaps a sign of how far he had grown in recent months that he was still able to hold his composure. A growth that had been rooted in his promotion by Cyrus' own hand. God, he needed to overcome this idiocy. Perhaps that was what he might gain from this meal, a chance to see the man behind the myth.

"I find myself feeling more and more human, of late. A leader may well need to be relatable, but should they not also be inspirational? There is a time to be their equal, but I wish that my team are proud to serve under me. Just as I am to serve under Director Armstrong."

Mentioning her name did make Alastair wonder that he had not seen Helle for several weeks now. Which was peculiar, certainly, but hardly something he gave too much thought to. Of all of the Sternritter, she was the one he had the most faith in being able to take care of herself. That mark of a true leader, perhaps.

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:13 am

The mention of Helle's name, even in such a professional way, was enough to shake Cyrus' composure just a touch. He knew that it was of course unreasonable to assume that news of any changes would have come out, but even so, he felt almost wounded at the words. It was not even as if Alastair had said anything related to that matter.

"Inspirational, certainly, but not so distant as to become enigmatic. For those who become too distant become something more than human, and something far less all at the same time. Do not confuse pride for idolization, or you may one day find that you have disappointed both yourself and those below you."

Better to simply move on from the topic of her altogether. After all, this was about moving forward, rather than ruminating on the things that haunted him. Cyrus led the way out of the Sternritter offices, quite glad to see the outside again and escape the increasing pressures of that place. Not that he would choose to flee now, of course.

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:30 am

Following Cyrus' lead, though walking at his side, it was certainly unmissable that his mention of Helle had drawn a reaction. But their relationship was equally not that much of a secret, so he paid it no heed. He might have reacted in a similar manner had Cyrus mentioned Reida. Or Sophie.

"Well, I hope that my actions speak for themselves then. For, in those, I am most certainly human and rarely enigmatic."

It was humorous in a peculiar way that Alastair did rather idolise his enigmatic Grandmaster, even as he was advising him to avoid being both of those things. That was certainly not a recipe for disaster, a conundrum that the young Coordinator was yet to quite unpick. Cyrus was a walking fallacy in that sense, but perhaps that was just the nature of the different circles in which the two men often found themselves. Better he put that aside and treated him just as his comrade rather than his commander, but that was still not an excuse enough to speak out of turn.

"Do you have a destination in mind? A particular cuisine that takes your fancy? I am not too picky myself, if there is something particular you have in mind."

Rawk
Rawk
God of Love

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:27 am

"That is quite true. I would think it is one of your best traits as a leader of men, to be profoundly human in your actions."

Cyrus' steps were clearly not particularly hurried, but it was not as if he were desperately in need of a meal. So far as he was concerned, this was all simply a manner of speaking with Alastair, with one of those people who still had faith in him. He'd thought for a moment to go to one of the cafes by the sea, but-- no. That was decidedly a bit too soon for him. A reminder of the past, as it were. He might have been ready to step forward, but he was not quite ready to look back.

"I had nothing in mind, if I am being quite frank with you. I tend not to think much of where I am going, or what I might have to eat. It is simply about the company, and the people I may see there."

Locke
Locke
Veteran Member

Member Info
Platinum Points:
Tiers:

Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:17 am

He laughed, just a little, quietly enough that it was hardly more than exhaling a few breaths. Strange how it was that they took to such matters with a near-identical style. He was not above planning an evening date if he had the luxury of preempting it, but when it was just a passing fancy then he was more than content to just see where the night took him.

"I do not much mind that at all. There are enough restaurants and bars in the city that we could just walk until something catches our eye."

It would have been easy to steer for the coast, and given that this was an island you were rarely avoiding such, but there was plenty of interest towards the interior too that he had such a rare motivation to visit. Still, in Cyrus' company, he found himself driven by the appeal in travelling down the path least trodden. A more metropolitan area, higher class than a cafe on the beach, but they were both men of a certain calibre. Whether at a formal restaurant or an artisan gin bar, it would be remiss to call either of them out of place on dress and mannerisms alone.

"You know, there is a matter in which I let you down but I would like time to rectify my mistake. When last we conversed, I promised to do all I could to assist in your physical conditioning but the mission to Anaconda put me in no fit position to support you. If you still desire my aid then it is yours to have if you only ask."

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum